BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 75 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No love for Stony Brook - 8th seed and a date with Maryland in the quarters.

Where else could they go? Conference schedule does not help them. They should dismantle Bryant and then play a competitive team in the next round. So you play Maryland in the quarters. You want to be champs just beat the teams you have to play. Simple.

North Carolina, in my mind, has an easier bracket than Maryland. Not that Maryland cares.

I agree with the schedule issues, but they've been ranked #4 in both polls for the past month or so - didn't expect them to be dropped 4 spots.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the teams that were in the top 20 that didn't get a berth? Who should be the most upset?

Other than automatic qualifiers, I believe Virginia Tech was only top 20 team from the 5/1 IWLCA poll that did not get a bid. Looks like Albany jumped them as a team not ranked in that poll. Ultimately a tough decision but Virginia Tech could not find another quality Win outside of beating BC and lost their last 6 games. They needed to get a win in OT over Elon, Louisville or Syracuse and that would have done it.

No love for Denver or did I miss them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The word coming from the NCAA was that SB was a 7 seed and because of not being able to play in state of NC they had to be placed in different side of bracket How in the world did Louisville get in with an extremely high RPI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one likes JS except JS. Any opportunity to push him back in his place will be taken by the powers that be. You have to know SB got put there so they'd never make it out of the quarters.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Where else could they go? Conference schedule does not help them. They should dismantle Bryant and then play a competitive team in the next round. So you play Maryland in the quarters. You want to be champs just beat the teams you have to play. Simple.

North Carolina, in my mind, has an easier bracket than Maryland. Not that Maryland cares.

I agree with the schedule issues, but they've been ranked #4 in both polls for the past month or so - didn't expect them to be dropped 4 spots.

Dont go by the polls. Not a factor.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SBU will eating turtle soup on the 20th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Generalized things? You have reduced an entire college to poetry readings and "raging against the man" and alternative lifestyles! I could care less about Amherst but your generalization that "most kids who go to Amherst could not survive socially at these schools" is ridiculous. I'm sorry you and your sister did not have a good experience there because obviously something occurred for you to make your "generalized" statements. You characterized the school as misfits, autistic and socially unfit. I never said any bad things about any school--Michigan, Penn St or otherwise. That was your implication. I simply said you have to pick the school that is the best fit and if your child could get into Amherst or any number of good schools go for it."

"A parent with a student/athlete that could get into Amherst (or any NESCAC school, outside of Trinity) would be stupid not to."

Sounds pretty generalized and definitely sounds like a knock of parents who have kids that go to Michigan, Penn State and every other school out there especially Trinity. It also comes across as pompous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, NC has a much easier path to finals than MD. Still believe Md will fake it all. SB got completely screwed. Penn State got a gift, maybe the biggest of all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the teams that were in the top 20 that didn't get a berth? Who should be the most upset?

Other than automatic qualifiers, I believe Virginia Tech was only top 20 team from the 5/1 IWLCA poll that did not get a bid. Looks like Albany jumped them as a team not ranked in that poll. Ultimately a tough decision but Virginia Tech could not find another quality Win outside of beating BC and lost their last 6 games. They needed to get a win in OT over Elon, Louisville or Syracuse and that would have done it.

No love for Denver or did I miss them?

Denver had a low RPI, no quality wins and a bad loss to Georgetown down the regular season stretch. Only decent win was vs Louisville who was ranked below Denver when game was played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A full investigation should be requested , seeds 4 thru 8 are not justifiable . Also Louisville #31 rpi gets in is a joke.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one likes JS except JS. Any opportunity to push him back in his place will be taken by the powers that be. You have to know SB got put there so they'd never make it out of the quarters.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year if they are in a similar position with the Final 4 back in Stony Brook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The word coming from the NCAA was that SB was a 7 seed and because of not being able to play in state of NC they had to be placed in different side of bracket How in the world did Louisville get in with an extremely high RPI

Louisville had low RPI but they had two quality wins, one (vs #7 Syracuse) came on last regular season game and had no significant losses.

Of teams with better RPI:

Hopkins had better RPI but didn't have a significant win.
Loyola had no significant wins and lost to Navy.
Duke was disqualified because of their record.
Denver had a relatively low RPI and lost to unranked Georgetown in the regular season and no significant wins.
Temple had no significant wins and one bad loss.
Delaware had one significant win and two bad losses.
Lehigh had no significant wins and one bad loss.

Top 20, VA Tech lost their last 6 and had a lower RPI.

Great to play a challenging schedule but you have to win at least one of them along the way. (Albany, Elon, Towson, NW). Towson was fortunate to have wins vs ND and Hopkins. Their losses to Hofstra and Elon the last few weeks could have hurt them without those.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another year where strength of schedule is being rewarded and lack there of is being punished by seeding, bracket or being left out all together (see Stony Brook, Denver & Northwestern)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and by diversity you mean what exactly, David Duke?

They mean that when athletic, hungry minority kids figure out that pasty white Mary from St A's is getting an athletic scholarship that they will start picking up sticks and playing the game too. Its just like what is happening in soccer. So, you better hurry up, they are on the way to steal that scholarship you were counting on.

"They" are on the way.... Seriously??? You are disgusting! I truly hope you did not reproduce and further hope that you do not have the ability to spread your bigoted opinions to anyone young or old. Thank goodness, for your sake, BOTC allows you to post anonymously so you don't have to worry about publicly embarrassing your family and your friends!

Seriously, yes, there are athletic and often minority kids in cities everywhere picking up sticks (due to great Grow the Game programs) who are now starting to have an impact on the landscape of the game. Hmmmm, take Miles Jones or Trevor Baptiste for just the tip of the iceberg of very athletic kids on the mens side who are creating diversity and taking up spots that plain Joe/Jane from suburbia (who are well trained from the $$$$ you have been shelling out for privates) would have taken in the past. It is not bigotry at all, its a fact.

Baptiste went to a $40k/year high school and grew up in a pretty nice part of New Jersey. Miles Jones grew up in Huntington (granted, not the best part, but about as close as you can get to being "plain Joe/Jane from suburbia"). He also was lucky enough to do a PG year at a $40k/year prep school.

I guess you just assumed they were both "minority kids in cities" because they were black? Give me a break.

Ahem, can you say scholarship? Both didn't pay as they prepared for college, and there are a lot more minority kids that will be coming to the front in the men's and women's games. The broader the demographic, the better for the game. Maybe not better for Muffy and Chad and their offspring, but its better for Lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are you seeing this word, and why are they unable to play in NC ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Interesting as that was the only other seed I saw as possible for Stony Brook. Can't play in NC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting as that was the only other seed I saw as possible for Stony Brook. Can't play in NC?

Bathroom Bill was rescinded, wasn't it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the quarterfinals being played this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the same reason the Final 4 was taken out of NC Albany and SB unable to play in North carolina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another year where strength of schedule is being rewarded and lack there of is being punished by seeding, bracket or being left out all together (see Stony Brook, Denver & Northwestern)

Denver women are not on the same league as the Denver men who don't shy away from anyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the quarterfinals being played this year?

Home fields of top 4 seeds - MD, UNC, FL and PSU.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

For the same reason the Final 4 was taken out of NC Albany and SB unable to play in North carolina

So only NY schools? The NCAA has accepted the new law and allows play back in the state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So only NY schools? The NCAA has accepted the new law and allows play back in the state.

Why are Albany & SB not allowed to play in NC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and by diversity you mean what exactly, David Duke?

They mean that when athletic, hungry minority kids figure out that pasty white Mary from St A's is getting an athletic scholarship that they will start picking up sticks and playing the game too. Its just like what is happening in soccer. So, you better hurry up, they are on the way to steal that scholarship you were counting on.

"They" are on the way.... Seriously??? You are disgusting! I truly hope you did not reproduce and further hope that you do not have the ability to spread your bigoted opinions to anyone young or old. Thank goodness, for your sake, BOTC allows you to post anonymously so you don't have to worry about publicly embarrassing your family and your friends!

Seriously, yes, there are athletic and often minority kids in cities everywhere picking up sticks (due to great Grow the Game programs) who are now starting to have an impact on the landscape of the game. Hmmmm, take Miles Jones or Trevor Baptiste for just the tip of the iceberg of very athletic kids on the mens side who are creating diversity and taking up spots that plain Joe/Jane from suburbia (who are well trained from the $$$$ you have been shelling out for privates) would have taken in the past. It is not bigotry at all, its a fact.

Baptiste went to a $40k/year high school and grew up in a pretty nice part of New Jersey. Miles Jones grew up in Huntington (granted, not the best part, but about as close as you can get to being "plain Joe/Jane from suburbia"). He also was lucky enough to do a PG year at a $40k/year prep school.

I guess you just assumed they were both "minority kids in cities" because they were black? Give me a break.

Ahem, can you say scholarship? Both didn't pay as they prepared for college, and there are a lot more minority kids that will be coming to the front in the men's and women's games. The broader the demographic, the better for the game. Maybe not better for Muffy and Chad and their offspring, but its better for Lacrosse.

So what if they didn't pay? They're both great players and deserved their scholarships. Neither player was the beneficiary of any inner-city outreach program as you suggest, though -- they grew up in suburban lacrosse hotbeds.

Your weird, fetishized desire to change the game's demographics likely won't ever actually happen. These "grow the game" charities exist less to serve their target audiences and more to give post-college kids in Manhattan something to do (and to bolster their resumes when it comes time to apply to business school).

And all that talk about "Muffy and Chad"... Is there a reason why you seem to hate white kids so much? Is it just "rich" white kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are Albany & SB not allowed to play in NC?
Because we live in a stupid liberal State where we would force our daughters to share a public bathroom with a bearded 300 pound man in a dress who says he "identifies as a woman"....... instead of making the above mentioned bearded main a dress use the mens room. Unless your name is Cuomo then you get a bodyguard while in your privet restroom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am socially liberal but when only 0.3 to 0.6% of people are transgender in the USA it does seem that we have finally gone too far. I like what the politicians said in Texas to the NFL, you make us adhere to this over reaching rule in order to host a super bowl and WE the STATE will mandate that any of your NFL players that don't stand for the National Anthem can't play in our stadiums or state.

My question is would the NY teams forfeit if their bracket took them to NC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am socially liberal but when only 0.3 to 0.6% of people are transgender in the USA it does seem that we have finally gone too far. I like what the politicians said in Texas to the NFL, you make us adhere to this over reaching rule in order to host a super bowl and WE the STATE will mandate that any of your NFL players that don't stand for the National Anthem can't play in our stadiums or state.

great points all. have some backbone like Carolina did. kids have rights too- even though they dont vote, which is why polititcians naturally side with transgenders.

who cares about the NY teams anyway. a bygone state in lacrosse too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

great points all. have some backbone like Carolina did. kids have rights too- even though they dont vote, which is why polititcians naturally side with transgenders.

who cares about the NY teams anyway. a bygone state in lacrosse too.

Is that why like half of the girls on the watch list are from NY, because we're irrelevant?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"They" are on the way.... Seriously??? You are disgusting! I truly hope you did not reproduce and further hope that you do not have the ability to spread your bigoted opinions to anyone young or old. Thank goodness, for your sake, BOTC allows you to post anonymously so you don't have to worry about publicly embarrassing your family and your friends! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what if they didn't pay? They're both great players and deserved their scholarships. Neither player was the beneficiary of any inner-city outreach program as you suggest, though -- they grew up in suburban lacrosse hotbeds.

Your weird, fetishized desire to change the game's demographics likely won't ever actually happen. These "grow the game" charities exist less to serve their target audiences and more to give post-college kids in Manhattan something to do (and to bolster their resumes when it comes time to apply to business school).

And all that talk about "Muffy and Chad"... Is there a reason why you seem to hate white kids so much? Is it just "rich" white kids? [/quote]

Don't hate anyone, I'm just a realist and the geography and demographic are changing. Get used to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
April 15th Cuse v NC in chapel hill , how was that permitted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Private University (SU).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse is a private school. SB and Albany are SUNY's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse is a private institution and isn't bound by Governor 's edicts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cuomo's ban on non-essential state travel to NC contained a specific exception for Syracuse since they are in the ACC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Private college, they can do what they want. Albany and Stony brook are state schools controlled by state government. Topic is a complete joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB and Albany state schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tewaaraton Award Presented By Under Armour Announces Five Men's & Women's 2017 Finalists

The Tewaaraton Foundation has announced the men’s and women’s finalists for the 2017 Tewaaraton Award, presented by Under Armour. Five men and five women were selected as finalists and will be invited to Washington, D.C., for the 17th annual Tewaaraton Award.

Ceremony on June 1.

The five men’s finalists are:

Trevor Baptiste, Denver - Jr., Faceoff
Connor Fields, Albany - Jr., Attack
Matt Rambo, Maryland - Sr., Attack
Ben Reeves, Yale - Jr., Attack
Patrick Spencer, Loyola - Soph., Attack

The five women’s finalists are:

Nadine Hadnagy, Maryland - Sr., Defense
Olivia Hompe, Princeton - Sr., Attack
Marie McCool, North Carolina - Jr., Midfield
Kylie Ohlmiller, Stony Brook - Jr., Attack
Zoe Stukenberg, Maryland - Sr., Midfield

Ben Reeves (Yale) is the only returning finalist from 2016, while Kylie Ohlmiller becomes Stony Brook’s first Tewaaraton finalist and Trevor Baptiste (Denver) is the first faceoff specialist to be a finalist for the award. All 10 finalists will compete in this month’s NCAA Tournament, at the conclusion of which the selection committees will vote on and select the 2017 winners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tewaaraton Award Presented By Under Armour Announces Five Men's & Women's 2017 Finalists

The Tewaaraton Foundation has announced the men’s and women’s finalists for the 2017 Tewaaraton Award, presented by Under Armour. Five men and five women were selected as finalists and will be invited to Washington, D.C., for the 17th annual Tewaaraton Award.

Ceremony on June 1.

Ben Reeves (Yale) is the only returning finalist from 2016, while Kylie Ohlmiller becomes Stony Brook’s first Tewaaraton finalist and Trevor Baptiste (Denver) is the first faceoff specialist to be a finalist for the award. All 10 finalists will compete in this month’s NCAA Tournament, at the conclusion of which the selection committees will vote on and select the 2017 winners.

Marie McCool gets it, Fields on Men's side

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ceremony on June 1.

How is Mollie Stevens from Florida not a finalist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ceremony on June 1.

How is Mollie Stevens from Florida not a finalist?

because no one cares about Florida. except the on or two poster on this sight. or is it just one? you?

Page 59 of 75 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard