BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 75 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Agreed on the D1 parent denial. There is a lot more to college lax than D1 (I'm talking to you yj parent). There is no professional league so I say let the girls, and their families, go to the college of THEIR choice (not where you, yj parent, think they should go). Over many years I've seen lots of wlax games and I can agree that quite a few D2, and some D3, teams could beat quite a few D1 teams. D1 is not all it's cracked to be. As a disclaimer, my daughter was a D1 player, but we respect all college wlax players. Don't buy the hype of your club director...go where YOU want to go. You're paying the club a lot of money so they can help you go where you want to go...screw them and where they think you should go. It's your money and your choice.[/quote]

A lot of D3 schools are way better academic institutions than the D1 schools that the parents errh players of the top teams are jumping at anyway.

Ohio State, Penn State, Jacksonville can't hold a candle to Williams, Amherst, Tufts etc.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[/quote]Agreed on the D1 parent denial. There is a lot more to college lax than D1 (I'm talking to you yj parent). There is no professional league so I say let the girls, and their families, go to the college of THEIR choice (not where you, yj parent, think they should go). Over many years I've seen lots of wlax games and I can agree that quite a few D2, and some D3, teams could beat quite a few D1 teams. D1 is not all it's cracked to be. As a disclaimer, my daughter was a D1 player, but we respect all college wlax players. Don't buy the hype of your club director...go where YOU want to go. You're paying the club a lot of money so they can help you go where you want to go...screw them and where they think you should go. It's your money and your choice.

A lot of D3 schools are way better academic institutions than the D1 schools that the parents errh players of the top teams are jumping at anyway.

Ohio State, Penn State, Jacksonville can't hold a candle to Williams, Amherst, Tufts etc.
[/quote]

If you want to play intramural lax, those D3 schools are perfect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OH no, couldn't do that on my way to my professional women's' lacrosse career. Wait, what's that? There's no professional women's' lacrosse? You mean my college choice ultimately is about my future career and not lacrosse?

Stop hating on anything not D1. And don't shade me. All three of my kids went D1 so you can't tell me I'm a jealous hater.

You do realize Division assignments have to do with the number of athletic programs at a school and not just the quality of the players, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on the D1 parent denial. There is a lot more to college lax than D1 (I'm talking to you yj parent). There is no professional league so I say let the girls, and their families, go to the college of THEIR choice (not where you, yj parent, think they should go). Over many years I've seen lots of wlax games and I can agree that quite a few D2, and some D3, teams could beat quite a few D1 teams. D1 is not all it's cracked to be. As a disclaimer, my daughter was a D1 player, but we respect all college wlax players. Don't buy the hype of your club director...go where YOU want to go. You're paying the club a lot of money so they can help you go where you want to go...screw them and where they think you should go. It's your money and your choice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

And ohio state, Penn State and Jacksonville will NEVER win a championship so what's the point? Take the education every time. Its a game and a game that no one cares about except us parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on the D1 parent denial. There is a lot more to college lax than D1 (I'm talking to you yj parent). There is no professional league so I say let the girls, and their families, go to the college of THEIR choice (not where you, yj parent, think they should go). Over many years I've seen lots of wlax games and I can agree that quite a few D2, and some D3, teams could beat quite a few D1 teams. D1 is not all it's cracked to be. As a disclaimer, my daughter was a D1 player, but we respect all college wlax players. Don't buy the hype of your club director...go where YOU want to go. You're paying the club a lot of money so they can help you go where you want to go...screw them and where they think you should go. It's your money and your choice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spoken like a true yj (lower-case intentionally) a-hole! You have no idea what you're talking about. You are a lemming and believe everything that cr has told you to believe, as long as you keep writing checks. Have fun kissing cr's [lacrosse]. I hear he likes it!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Spoken like a true yj (lower-case intentionally) a-hole! You have no idea what you're talking about. You are a lemming and believe everything that cr has told you to believe, as long as you keep writing checks. Have fun kissing cr's [lacrosse]. I hear he likes it![/quote]

bitter much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many girls on Pace team, and according to coach instagram they are not graduating any. But laxpower has them adding 13 next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's Hofstra playing this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

OSU and PSU are you kidding me?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most kids going to Ohio, Penn St. and Jacksonville couldn't get into Amherst! No comparison academically.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most kids going to Ohio, Penn St. and Jacksonville couldn't get into Amherst! No comparison academically.

And most kids who go to Amherst could not survive socially at those schools. Say what you want but when the y say the school is very diverse they are actually saying it is filled with foreign students and a lot of alternative lifestyle choices and about as liberal a school as you can find. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but can make for a very lonely college experience if that is not your thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids going to Amherst couldnt play at osu,psu and ju...so, whatever the kids want to do...good for them, its their life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amherst is another liberal dump ! If you want sharpen your skill as an anarchist there's your school!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Grades cure everything Make sure you balance the wall with the books,

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Most kids going to Amherst couldnt play at osu,psu and ju...so, whatever the kids want to do...good for them, its their life.

Such a stupid statement.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
A parent with a student/athlete that could get into Amherst (or any NESCAC school, outside of Trinity) would be stupid not to.

The best school is the one that fits. Lacrosse is a niche sport. There is nothing, career wise, after college. Amherst, Williams, Hamilton, Middlebury, etc have the highest ROI (return of investment) per the Princeton Review, Forbes and others. They are not for everyone--academically your child has to be in the top of their class. They are expensive but the endowments at these schools dwarf the Penn State and Ohio State and Jacksonville (really, Jacksonville). You will get money.

D3 lacrosse is not intramural. Hamilton beat eventuall D2 Champ Florida Southern last year and did not make the D3 playoffs. Let's put that notion to rest. D1 outside of top tier programs is ordinary.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

And most kids who go to Amherst could not survive socially at those schools. Say what you want but when the y say the school is very diverse they are actually saying it is filled with foreign students and a lot of alternative lifestyle choices and about as liberal a school as you can find. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but can make for a very lonely college experience if that is not your thing.

An Amherst student would not "survive socially" at Ohio State, Penn State or Jacksonville? What does that mean? They couldn't drink alcohol as well? Amherst is full of foreign students? I'm sure there is far more at state schools than Amherst. So let your student be "social" and then work for the Amherst graduate. This is the single most stupid comment I've ever read on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
A parent with a student/athlete that could get into Amherst (or any NESCAC school, outside of Trinity) would be stupid not to.

The best school is the one that fits. Lacrosse is a niche sport. There is nothing, career wise, after college. Amherst, Williams, Hamilton, Middlebury, etc have the highest ROI (return of investment) per the Princeton Review, Forbes and others. They are not for everyone--academically your child has to be in the top of their class. They are expensive but the endowments at these schools dwarf the Penn State and Ohio State and Jacksonville (really, Jacksonville). You will get money.

D3 lacrosse is not intramural. Hamilton beat eventuall D2 Champ Florida Southern last year and did not make the D3 playoffs. Let's put that notion to rest. D1 outside of top tier programs is ordinary.

Why would a parent of a student athlete who could get into Amherst (or any NESCAC school, outside of Trinity) be stupid not to send their child to one of those schools?

If a student is a good athlete as well as a strong student they will have many other options. Princeton, Harvard, Yale, the other Ivy's, Stanford, Duke, Hopkins, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Cal Berkeley, USC, Virginia, Michigan, North Carolina, Boston College, Army, Navy, Air force etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe because their liberal sinkholes that are more interested in creating anarchists? Nose rings issued on the way in....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An Amherst student would not "survive socially" at Ohio State, Penn State or Jacksonville? What does that mean? They couldn't drink alcohol as well? Amherst is full of foreign students? I'm sure there is far more at state schools than Amherst. So let your student be "social" and then work for the Amherst graduate. This is the single most stupid comment I've ever read on this thread.

Actually was trying to be nice , Amherst is filled with social misfits , many almost bordering on being classified on the spectrum of autism , very smart kids but socially awkward . I am an alumni of the school and yes the school is still very well regarded academically but would not want my kid at that school. You snobbish people are hilarious acting as if the University of Michigan , Penn States of the world are terrible schools . If your kid wants to go to med school , law school etc and wants a large school experience they should picks school that meets those standards . If your kid is in to poetry readings and raging against the man Amherst is the place to be .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually was trying to be nice , Amherst is filled with social misfits , many almost bordering on being classified on the spectrum of autism , very smart kids but socially awkward . I am an alumni of the school and yes the school is still very well regarded academically but would not want my kid at that school. You snobbish people are hilarious acting as if the University of Michigan , Penn States of the world are terrible schools . If your kid wants to go to med school , law school etc and wants a large school experience they should picks school that meets those standards . If your kid is in to poetry readings and raging against the man Amherst is the place to be .

And you're trying to convince anyone that these large state schools are beacons for Conservative thinking?

Oh my - now that's entertaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola has officially become irrelevant in the women's lax world - crushed by Navy today in conference championship. Anybody have any idea what has become of a once great program?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Unhinged. I feel sorry for you. Speaking from a lacrosse prospective check out the bios of the lacrosse program. Fantastic girls.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Loyola has officially become irrelevant in the women's lax world - crushed by Navy today in conference championship. Anybody have any idea what has become of a once great program?

And you're trying to convince anyone that these large state schools are beacons for Conservative thinking?

Oh my - now that's entertaining.

Amherst has one of the highest ROI out there. Must be good money in poetry and rage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really have to laugh as the IWCLA is such geniuses. They make a rule themselves and still screw it. They made a one day rule to recruit during the National tourney at Yale. But it had one stipulation. The site can't be 100 miles from where the Championship site is...well guess what by car New Haven to Patriots stadium is 124 miles. Well let's look for the loop hole-how does a crow fly straight...it is 102 miles.

This is equivalent to screwing up a wet dream

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really have to laugh as the IWCLA is such geniuses. They make a rule themselves and still screw it. They made a one day rule to recruit during the National tourney at Yale. But it had one stipulation. The site can't be 100 miles from where the Championship site is...well guess what by car New Haven to Patriots stadium is 124 miles. Well let's look for the loop hole-how does a crow fly straight...it is 102 miles.

This is equivalent to screwing up a wet dream

Your all over the road here. Can you document any of this? What is your source for this info???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple look up Recruiting Women's Lacrosse calendar and look at dates and details... pretty funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unhinged. I feel sorry for you. Speaking from a lacrosse prospective check out the bios of the lacrosse program. Fantastic girls.

If your being honest from a lacrosse perspective it's barely a step above club lacrosse . Nothing wrong with that if that is what you are looking for . Bald bear you are obviously a fan of Amherst but you sound like a snobbish fool when you state generalized things about any student that can get into an Amherst type school but elects not to .Its not for everyone for many reasons . Both my sister ,a lacrosse player , and myself are Alumni , and can tell you neither of us will send our kids there .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your being honest from a lacrosse perspective it's barely a step above club lacrosse . Nothing wrong with that if that is what you are looking for . Bald bear you are obviously a fan of Amherst but you sound like a snobbish fool when you state generalized things about any student that can get into an Amherst type school but elects not to .Its not for everyone for many reasons . Both my sister ,a lacrosse player , and myself are Alumni , and can tell you neither of us will send our kids there .

Yes I agree much better to send your kid the D1 route at Central CT, St Francis, Sienna or LIU Brooklyn!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No love for Stony Brook - 8th seed and a date with Maryland in the quarters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook received a # 8 seed so they will not get a bye on Friday but will play Bryant and if they advance will most likely play Northwestern on Sunday. Oh yeah if they are fortunate enough to win both of their games they were placed with the number one seed Maryland. If all of the higher ranked teams in the bracket win they get a date with the Terps.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Generalized things? You have reduced an entire college to poetry readings and "raging against the man" and alternative lifestyles! I could care less about Amherst but your generalization that "most kids who go to Amherst could not survive socially at these schools" is ridiculous. I'm sorry you and your sister did not have a good experience there because obviously something occurred for you to make your "generalized" statements. You characterized the school as misfits, autistic and socially unfit. I never said any bad things about any school--Michigan, Penn St or otherwise. That was your implication. I simply said you have to pick the school that is the best fit and if your child could get into Amherst or any number of good schools go for it.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Where else could they go? Conference schedule does not help them. They should dismantle Bryant and then play a competitive team in the next round. So you play Maryland in the quarters. You want to be champs just beat the teams you have to play. Simple.

North Carolina, in my mind, has an easier bracket than Maryland. Not that Maryland cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC fan here, happy with our seed but do agree that SB got screwed. Was thinking we'd be playing SB actually as the 4th or 5th seed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are a very good team but they play a BS schedule except for a few games. Play better competition and the respect will come. Everyone howls about NW every year but they play everybody!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the teams that were in the top 20 that didn't get a berth? Who should be the most upset?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and by diversity you mean what exactly, David Duke?

They mean that when athletic, hungry minority kids figure out that pasty white Mary from St A's is getting an athletic scholarship that they will start picking up sticks and playing the game too. Its just like what is happening in soccer. So, you better hurry up, they are on the way to steal that scholarship you were counting on.

"They" are on the way.... Seriously??? You are disgusting! I truly hope you did not reproduce and further hope that you do not have the ability to spread your bigoted opinions to anyone young or old. Thank goodness, for your sake, BOTC allows you to post anonymously so you don't have to worry about publicly embarrassing your family and your friends!

Seriously, yes, there are athletic and often minority kids in cities everywhere picking up sticks (due to great Grow the Game programs) who are now starting to have an impact on the landscape of the game. Hmmmm, take Miles Jones or Trevor Baptiste for just the tip of the iceberg of very athletic kids on the mens side who are creating diversity and taking up spots that plain Joe/Jane from suburbia (who are well trained from the $$$$ you have been shelling out for privates) would have taken in the past. It is not bigotry at all, its a fact.

Baptiste went to a $40k/year high school and grew up in a pretty nice part of New Jersey. Miles Jones grew up in Huntington (granted, not the best part, but about as close as you can get to being "plain Joe/Jane from suburbia"). He also was lucky enough to do a PG year at a $40k/year prep school.

I guess you just assumed they were both "minority kids in cities" because they were black? Give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know many Amherst grads who'd refer to themselves as "an alumni of the school."

UMass Amherst, maybe. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the teams that were in the top 20 that didn't get a berth? Who should be the most upset?

Other than automatic qualifiers, I believe Virginia Tech was only top 20 team from the 5/1 IWLCA poll that did not get a bid. Looks like Albany jumped them as a team not ranked in that poll. Ultimately a tough decision but Virginia Tech could not find another quality Win outside of beating BC and lost their last 6 games. They needed to get a win in OT over Elon, Louisville or Syracuse and that would have done it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know many Amherst grads who'd refer to themselves as "an alumni of the school."

UMass Amherst, maybe. LOL

Let me guess how your conversation went prior to your post, "Hey Kitty prior to removing that stick from my butt I have to say I am disgusted at the writings of this Amherst man" .It just proves the point of what a pompous loser you are. Its also interesting that you did not pick up on more grammatical missteps, no Amherst man would be able to resist correcting someone else. Maybe you did not have the time on your way out the door to a poetry reading.

Page 58 of 75 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard