BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone say PENN STATE!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sisters of the Blind can beat Rutgers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Well, since they are not undefeated, I will guess the answer is yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if someone goes to school at 21? Multiple reasons from military service to the inability to pay for school at the time.

Everyone I knew that fell into that category was 21 due to multiple PG years - not a one for the reasons you've cited.

My son's a Jr in college, he's 20. Won't turn 21 for a couple of months. Just saying. Senior on his team just turned 23, and fellow Jr is 22. He plays D3 ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AND THE AGE MATTERS WHY?? THIS AGE THING NEVER GOES AWAY. WHO CARES..IF YOU TELL ME NOW THEY GET AN ADVANTAGE IN COLLEGE BECAUSE OF THIER AGE ILL LAUGH...GO BACK OT THE YOUTH BOARDS IF YOU WANT TO WHINE ABOUT AGE

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AND THE AGE MATTERS WHY?? THIS AGE THING NEVER GOES AWAY. WHO CARES..IF YOU TELL ME NOW THEY GET AN ADVANTAGE IN COLLEGE BECAUSE OF THIER AGE ILL LAUGH...GO BACK OT THE YOUTH BOARDS IF YOU WANT TO WHINE ABOUT AGE

The age certainly matters in 8th/9th grade, when most recruiting goes on these days.

It's a non-issue in college, though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah, [lacrosse] cheater, it does matter. Its you jerks that say it catches up in HS, no it doesnt. Keep living in your pretend world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sisters of the Blind can beat Rutgers

Maryland barely got past them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if someone goes to school at 21? Multiple reasons from military service to the inability to pay for school at the time.

The other Freshman are happy they have someone to by the beer.

Everyone needs to have a role on the team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you yelling? most kids are graduating college at 21, not entering. And, if you think there isn't a difference in an athlete at 18 and one at 21, you are kidding yourself.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is that suppose to mean.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you yelling? most kids are graduating college at 21, not entering. And, if you think there isn't a difference in an athlete at 18 and one at 21, you are kidding yourself.

Agreed, like that cheater Casey Carroll on Duke's 2014 NC team, who went and hid in Iraq and Afghanistan for years so he could come back as a 27 year old and take advantage of all those 20 year old freshman. this needs to end

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But, you don't get to control the age of college student athletes, so I think the point is, shut up about it. Having the holdback argument is painful enough at the youth level, almost unbearable at the high school level, but to have it at the adulthood level is just literally irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But, you don't get to control the age of college student athletes, so I think the point is, shut up about it. Having the holdback argument is painful enough at the youth level, almost unbearable at the high school level, but to have it at the adulthood level is just literally irrelevant.

Says the Daddy of the two time hold back....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh so there could be a 30 year old freshman playig Div1 sports, i dont think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're the only person who cares. The....only......person....who......cares!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh so there could be a 30 year old freshman playig Div1 sports, i dont think so.

There could.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 61-year-old Vietnam veteran and grandfather of five became the oldest player ever to get in a college football game. Alan Moore kicked an extra point for NAIA Faulkner in its season-opener on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the Daddy who doesn't need to worry about his kid playing college ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes.

There is an age limit for NCAA Division I and II sports. The NCAA allows a one year grace period after high school graduation for DI and II schools. One year after your high school class graduates is when your eligibility will start to be affected in all sports except for hockey, skiing and tennis. The eligibility clock does not start for hockey players and skiers until after their 21st birthday. Tennis players start losing eligibility 6 months after they graduate high school.

The NCAA gives you 5 years to compete in 4 seasons athletically, with the fifth year being a red-shirt year. A red-shirt year gives athletes the opportunity to sit out a year of competition (for reasons such as injury or competition for playing time) and still be allowed to compete in all four years athletically.

The NAIA does not have an age restriction; however they do take away seasons of competition for any participation in sports at a comparable level of competition after September 1st of your high school graduation year.

NCAA Division III schools do not follow the same eligibility guidelines as Division I and II. Each school and conference determines eligibility standards at the DIII level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. D1 eligibility clock starts once you are enrolled in school. You have 4 years of eligibility, with 5 year limit to finish. Clock doesn't stop, except for some limited exceptions (military, missionary work, etc). If you play for a year, then leave to serve in the military, the clock stops and resumes if you re-enroll in school. So, simply stated, the answer to your question is - yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. D1 eligibility clock starts once you are enrolled in school. You have 4 years of eligibility, with 5 year limit to finish. Clock doesn't stop, except for some limited exceptions (military, missionary work, etc). If you play for a year, then leave to serve in the military, the clock stops and resumes if you re-enroll in school. So, simply stated, the answer to your question is - yes.

There have also been cases of military delays in even starting undergrad at all (see Tim Frisby, who played football at S Carolina) , and an even stranger case guys didn't start undergrad or grad school until they way older than even that, for whatever reason, and they played on their schools' football teams, although I think those cases were all D III.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In rare cases, you can also petition the NCAA to delay the start of your 5 year clock if you get injured VERY early on - I know a D I lacrosse player that blew out his knee in the first fall scrimmage on the very first shift, and he maintained his full eligibility after the petition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton finally gets its due. #25 tries to bark out a noise on a pivital faceoff and gets caught. Cheaters never win.

Got caught on camera

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Princeton/Brown. Princeton F/O cheats like crazy, finally start getting called for it, then blows the game for Princeton. Serves him right blowing the season for his team being a cheater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Princeton/Brown. Princeton F/O cheats like crazy, finally start getting called for it, then blows the game for Princeton. Serves him right blowing the season for his team being a cheater.

Are you the same guy harping on the Princeton Figo again??! Dude -move on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton finally gets its due. #25 tries to bark out a noise on a pivital faceoff and gets caught. Cheaters never win.

Got caught on camera

Yep! Disgrace, especially coming for a Princeton kid. No moral compass only knows how to win by cheating. Glad his team went down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got caught on camera

And you spelled pivotal wrong during a pivotal post on BOTC, proving you are an epic jacka$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got caught on camera

And you spelled pivotal wrong during a pivotal post on BOTC, proving you are an epic jacka$$

Not as much as a Jackass as #25. An embarrassment to his school and the sport, and no im not the poster who misspelled pivotal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got caught on camera

Not as much as a Jackass as #25. An embarrassment to his school and the sport, and no im not the poster who misspelled pivotal.

Only one embarrassed is your kid who he beat repeatedly, thus your constant harping on this subject. Otherwise no one cares, except you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In rare cases, you can also petition the NCAA to delay the start of your 5 year clock if you get injured VERY early on - I know a D I lacrosse player that blew out his knee in the first fall scrimmage on the very first shift, and he maintained his full eligibility after the petition.

It's not rare at all, medical redshirt. Happens all the time in football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got caught on camera

Yep numb nutz I spelt it wrong. I was so [lacrosse] happy he got caught. Inwas rooting for Brown and Yale. But I am more a jackass because I posted it immediately and let my fingers do the walking.

In this day and age it the message not the spelling and my message came across didnt it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got caught on camera

Only one embarrassed is your kid who he beat repeatedly, thus your constant harping on this subject. Otherwise no one cares, except you.

Not my Kid, his team is in the tournament. Princeton.....a bunch of losers who embrace cheating. Have a safe trip home, and don't let the door hit you in the [lacrosse]! Pathetic disgrace!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton FOGo is the best I have ever seen! Kid is awesome! All American all the way! Dominant player, perhaps the best EVER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton FOGo is the best I have ever seen! Kid is awesome! All American all the way! Dominant player, perhaps the best EVER

Agreed.......at cheating. Too bad cheaters get caught an in his case caused his team to lose without dignity. Have fun WATCHING the tournament today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got caught on camera

Yep! Disgrace, especially coming for a Princeton kid. No moral compass only knows how to win by cheating. Glad his team went down.

"Especially coming for a Princeton kid"? What does that mean? Just because the kid was good at reproducing facts for a test, doesn't put him or any other "Princeton kid" on higher moral ground than that of any other college student. In fact, if you took the time to learn what some of those professors at schools like Princeton teach, believe in, and support you'd be shocked. Teaching basic right from wrong is not happening at Princeton. Believe me, most of those Professors are not guided by a strong moral compass. Nor is morality, ethics or the belief in one's faith the center piece of that school. That being said, the propensity of a "Princeton kid" cheating at his sport might possibly higher than that of other college students, given his environment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got caught on camera

"Especially coming for a Princeton kid"? What does that mean? Just because the kid was good at reproducing facts for a test, doesn't put him or any other "Princeton kid" on higher moral ground than that of any other college student. In fact, if you took the time to learn what some of those professors at schools like Princeton teach, believe in, and support you'd be shocked. Teaching basic right from wrong is not happening at Princeton. Believe me, most of those Professors are not guided by a strong moral compass. Nor is morality, ethics or the belief in one's faith the center piece of that school. That being said, the propensity of a "Princeton kid" cheating at his sport might possibly higher than that of other college students, given his environment.

Good points. Worst part for this kid is that instead of being remembered as a good lacrosse player, he will be remembered for being a blatant cheater who blew the last game of his career getting caught playing dirty and causing his team to lose. Karma will get you every time. Now he can go back to Canada where he belongs, no place for losers like that in this country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got caught on camera

Good points. Worst part for this kid is that instead of being remembered as a good lacrosse player, he will be remembered for being a blatant cheater who blew the last game of his career getting caught playing dirty and causing his team to lose. Karma will get you every time. Now he can go back to Canada where he belongs, no place for losers like that in this country.

Dude you are the worst baby loser. Why does everyone have to read your stupid posts all the time about your boy-crush with this kid? Go get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brown defense are a bunch of scumb@gs. Dirty players. They are an embarrassment to college lacrosse!

Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard