BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 1996 comment is correct. But that was for this past summer 2012. Next summer it will 1997 and 2013 and so on. In ny anyway, some of these kids, if they were born before dec 1 (when school cutoff is) and sept 1 when lax cutoff is, then lucky them! You people are getting worked up about nothing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is another one for you know-it-all straight from the US Lacrosse website - link AND text just to make sure you get it:
(http://www.uslacrosse.org/TopNav2Right/Events/2013NortheastChampionships/RulesPlayerEligibility.aspx)

Events | 2013 Northeast Championships | Rules & Player Eligibility

Rules
Game rules will be posted as the event draws near.

Player Ages and Eligibility
All current US Lacrosse members who meet the age requirements below are eligible and welcome to compete in the 2013 US Lacrosse Northeast Championships.

Birthdate Status
Born on or after 9/1/2001 - Eligible for U11 Championship
Born on or after 9/1/1999 - Eligible for U13 Championship
Born on or after 9/1/1997 - Eligible for U15 Championship

In the U15 division, high school players meeting the age requirements are eligible to play, provided that the player’s high school season has finished by the June 21 start date of the US Lacrosse Northeast Championships. If a player’s high school team remains in competition at the time of the US Lacrosse event, that player is not eligible, in accordance with "US Lacrosse Youth Rules and Best Practices."

Proof of Age Submission
All players who wish to participate in the US Lacrosse Championships in the U11, U13, and U15 divisions are required to submit to US Lacrosse a copy of a proof of age document in order to be eligible to participate.

Acceptable proof of age documents:
• Birth Certificate
• Passport
• School ID (if date of birth is present on ID)
Proof of age documents should be faxed (410-889-0744) or e-mailed to Shannon Minter after the parent/legal guardian completes a player medical waiver.

Like. Follow. Tweet.
Join the huddle! Like us at facebook.com/uslacrossechampionships. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/uslaxchamps. Tweet using the hashtag #youthlaxchamps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did everyone do at skull and bones tournament today? Heard prime time and gladiators went to finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did everyone do at skull and bones tournament today? Heard prime time and gladiators went to finals

Gladiators won 8th grade
Express terps 3-0 in jv div (chmps)
Expess turtles 2-1 in jv div

Well done by terps and turtles as both are 8th (2017) grade teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 1996 comment is correct. But that was for this past summer 2012. Next summer it will 1997 and 2013 and so on. In ny anyway, some of these kids, if they were born before dec 1 (when school cutoff is) and sept 1 when lax cutoff is, then lucky them! You people are getting worked up about nothing.

The reality is that this is only a conversation because as many of us know several kids on several 2017 teams were born both before Dec 1 (NY school cutoff) and Sept 1 (US lacrosse cutoff). They in know way meet any age criteria for this age group and are playing a year down by every definition.

In another 1-2 years it will not matter as kids all move to high school programs with various age groups and they will even out physically. However, this is youth lacrosse and the difference in these 13-14 year olds developmentally is huge. Disagree? then just look at the known "early-mid" 1998 birthdate kids playing on 2017 teams(most of us know who they are), they are all more dominating in physical presence off and on the field. It would be the same as my 8th grade honors student-athlete taking 7th grade math, a complete joke.

Not getting worked up, just see it for what it is, an advantage. If this was me, I would have a hard time feeling so proud of any individual or team accomplishments.

Good luck see you on varsity field.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reality is that this is only a conversation because as many of us know several kids on several 2017 teams were born both before Dec 1 (NY school cutoff) and Sept 1 (US lacrosse cutoff). They in know way meet any age criteria for this age group and are playing a year down by every definition.

In another 1-2 years it will not matter as kids all move to high school programs with various age groups and they will even out physically. However, this is youth lacrosse and the difference in these 13-14 year olds developmentally is huge. Disagree? then just look at the known "early-mid" 1998 birthdate kids playing on 2017 teams(most of us know who they are), they are all more dominating in physical presence off and on the field. It would be the same as my 8th grade honors student-athlete taking 7th grade math, a complete joke.

Not getting worked up, just see it for what it is, an advantage. If this was me, I would have a hard time feeling so proud of any individual or team accomplishments.

Maybe you are correct. We should probably feel ashamed of our success. My boy happens to be one of the youngest on his team, while appearing 3 years older. We shall hang our heads. That 3 or 6 month difference (which you rely upon as excuse for so many other shortcomings) is just that, an over utilized excuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you are correct. We should probably feel ashamed of our success. My boy happens to be one of the youngest on his team, while appearing 3 years older. We shall hang our heads. That 3 or 6 month difference (which you rely upon as excuse for so many other shortcomings) is just that, an over utilized excuse.

No one is asking you to feel ashamed of "your" success (although I believe it is the boys success)or hang "your" head. The point being made here is that there are boys with birthdates before 9/98 playing 2017 lacrosse. Parents cheating & holding children back to be a "Powerhouse" is actually happening. There will always be size differences @ young ages & there will always be kids a year apart playing with & against eachother but, when adults are making conscious decisions to hold their child back to play lacrosse, it becomes crazy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know who these kids and teams you should call them out on it and stop being a coward .If you do not know shut up and stop crying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could not agree more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the Fall Terrapin Classic, there are three 2016 LI Express teams: Baracuddas, Terps and Piranhas.

Is the Baracuddas a true 2016 team, and the Terps and Piranhas 2017 teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the 2017 teams doing in the lighthouse league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How have these LI teams been doing? They are all pretty equal in skill but I'm wondering how they've been measuring up? Have they played each other this fall?
Team LI
Gladiators
True Blue
Express Terps
fl$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age group are you asking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know who these kids and teams you should call them out on it and stop being a coward .If you do not know shut up and stop crying.

Noones crying, simply stating facts, must have struck a nerve........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How have these LI teams been doing? They are all pretty equal in skill but I'm wondering how they've been measuring up? Have they played each other this fall?
Team LI
Gladiators
True Blue
Express Terps
fl$

Havent seen True Blue yet this fall. Team LI doesnt usually surface until the spring/summer, not even sure they have a team at this age group anymore?

Express Terps have been doing tourneys in MD and PA, and are reportedly doing well playing tough competition.

fl$ lost to 91 Orange 6-4 in the Hofstra fall classic. fl$ is much improved it looks like and 91 Orange is strong as usual.

Gladiators won the Skull and Bones tourney.

Jesters black beat Gladiators in a lighthouse fall game and won the Halloween Havoc tourney.

Outlaws need to be included in this conversation as well.

Gonna be a fun spring/summer in the 2017 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI
Gladiators
True Blue
Express Terps
fl$

2017 Terps been playing & beating HS JV teams in "A" brackets in Maryland, NJ and PA. throughout the Fall. Playing at a different level. I watched them scrimmage this past weekend, big fast and very aggressive. Not to mention the coaches they have. I don't have a dog in the fight but ill tell those other squads, Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI
Gladiators
True Blue
Express Terps
fl$

2017 Terps been playing & beating HS JV teams in "A" brackets in Maryland, NJ and PA. throughout the Fall. Playing at a different level. I watched them scrimmage this past weekend, big fast and very aggressive. Not to mention the coaches they have. I don't have a dog in the fight but ill tell those other squads, Good luck.

The old "I dont have a dog in the fight"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating HS JV teams that are missing the football and soccer players that are playing on the weekends for their HS teams. Interesting..... patting oneself on the back when they dont have a dog in the fight. I wonder ??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing!!!!! No poster exclaiming how strong, great, fantastic, etc, ever has a "dog in the fight".

And since that is a term I would not use to describe my son, or any child for that matter, we can assume that poster is always the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing!!!!! No poster exclaiming how strong, great, fantastic, etc, ever has a "dog in the fight".

And since that is a term I would not use to describe my son, or any child for that matter, we can assume that poster is always the same.

hahaha! So many detectives on this site, believe what u like. Best of luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating HS JV teams that are missing the football and soccer players that are playing on the weekends for their HS teams. Interesting..... patting oneself on the back when they dont have a dog in the fight. I wonder ??????

Stop making excuses. Missing players garbage, if u don't have your main guys than GET OFF THE FIELD or don't CRY when you lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dog in the fight is a pretty popular expression , sorry to ruin your hate party.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dog in the fight is a pretty popular expression , sorry to ruin your hate party.

Yes, among Michael Vick and Co.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the context of the posts it should have been "I dont have a 2017 Terp in the fight".... So my detective skills tell me that a long lost uncle re-united with the family at a "who cares" lax tournament south of New Jersey somewhere and commented on the team here.........Priceless !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, very popular for a "Lax Daddy" who wants to beat his chest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, very popular for a "Lax Daddy" who wants to beat his chest

Or Uncle, which I guess would define a dog in the fight!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a cat in the fight......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI
Gladiators
True Blue
Express Terps
fl$

Havent seen True Blue yet this fall. Team LI doesnt usually surface until the spring/summer, not even sure they have a team at this age group anymore?

Express Terps have been doing tourneys in MD and PA, and are reportedly doing well playing tough competition.

fl$ lost to 91 Orange 6-4 in the Hofstra fall classic. fl$ is much improved it looks like and 91 Orange is strong as usual.

Gladiators won the Skull and Bones tourney.

Jesters black beat Gladiators in a lighthouse fall game and won the Halloween Havoc tourney.

Outlaws need to be included in this conversation as well.

Gonna be a fun spring/summer in the 2017 age group.

Please don't try to rank just yet, folks. Last year some kooks really were way off on this site, obviously the kids need to gel, and finish their commitments with football and b-ball. Let's just hope that all of the tems selected can stick to their respective rosters through the winter/ spring/ summer venues. No borrowing cousins from other teams, etc.!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BRINE TRYOUTS from earlier today had the largest amount of talent I've ever seen at a tryout in one age group. Kudos to all the talented 2017 players from all the clubs & towns that competed today!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BRINE TRYOUTS from earlier today had the largest amount of talent I've ever seen at a tryout in one age group. Kudos to all the talented 2017 players from all the clubs & towns that competed today!

That is an under statement! My son is a big strong 2018 attack who can beat defenders his age much more often than not, he found it tough... Very high level of talent, size and speed. If they take the real 25 best kids, it should be an insane team. Not sure how any team from any part of the country could compete. If they can, then parity with LI lax has finally come...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine Middle School tryout results:

Insane Roster. Incredible talent. The very best Boys of 2017 that long Island has to offer. Going to be tough for other regions to match.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 coaches kid is one of the top 2 lefty attack kids?please. The fix is in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad that he didn't have the courtesy to recluse himself from the evaluating. They advertised no parent evaluators but i guess he couldn't help himself.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Sad that he didn't have the courtesy to recluse himself from the evaluating. They advertised no parent evaluators but i guess he couldn't help himself.
Maybe, just maybe, the fix was not "in" - perhaps the evaluator was not who you think it was. Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Maybe, just maybe, the fix was not "in" - perhaps the evaluator was not who you think it was. Think about it.

Please! Unless someone else was out there masquerading as JM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First there are 3 leftys not two. Secondly, if you think his son doesn't deserve this you certainly have not seen him play. And lastly, to take at cheap shot without putting a name to your accusation is just cowardly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several boys missing, good list but fix is in not just for 91 guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you need to be invited or just show up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine Middle School tryout results:

Insane Roster. Incredible talent. The very best Boys of 2017 that long Island has to offer. Going to be tough for other regions to match.

Not an "insane" roster. About 4 on call back list belong as redtape hurt those boys.NOT the family members, club favorites and not the WHOLE turtle team, thats a mistake. Best LI offers?? How do you know that? A few Trueblue kids belong also.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard