BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 58 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm curious with the new rules if the 2019s will be heavily recruited this summer. I'm guessing they will. And with all the verbals at this grade, will we see many kids switching schools. They can't speak to their future coaches technically. And technically kids wouldn't know what schools are interested in them until sept. 1st.

They'll be heavily evaluated. The ones that were already down the path, having talked directly to coaches & made unofficial visits (some of whom have been made offers before change) will be the 1st to go. Probably flurry of poaching efforts sept 1 as well. Coaches will be scrambling to to get verbaled kids to sign NLI

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just shared a sideline with another loony parent this weekend. His daughter "committed" to a D2 school with a $50k price tag, only 1500 kids AND you only need about an 800 2 part SAT. Our HS is more challenging than this top notch institution but hey, she's committed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They'll be heavily evaluated. The ones that were already down the path, having talked directly to coaches & made unofficial visits (some of whom have been made offers before change) will be the 1st to go. Probably flurry of poaching efforts sept 1 as well. Coaches will be scrambling to to get verbaled kids to sign NLI

a 2019 can not sign NLI until November of 2018

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just shared a sideline with another loony parent this weekend. His daughter "committed" to a D2 school with a $50k price tag, only 1500 kids AND you only need about an 800 2 part SAT. Our HS is more challenging than this top notch institution but hey, she's committed

maybe she's getting half scholly & she's an average student who seeks a small school. The world needs ditch diggers and office managers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm curious with the new rules if the 2019s will be heavily recruited this summer. I'm guessing they will. And with all the verbals at this grade, will we see many kids switching schools. They can't speak to their future coaches technically. And technically kids wouldn't know what schools are interested in them until sept. 1st.

no scramble. can't sign nli until senior year of high school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a fair number of 2021 boys and girls being recruited as the door shut on recruiting. Of the other age groups 2019-2020s, most of the top prospects had been picked off, but still some solid players available when they hit junior year, especially in 2020.

But what is about to happen for this 2021 age group will be fun to watch. The early recruiting was cheating all these kids of exposure. The top kids were committing in eight grade before most colleges even had a toe in the mix, before many coaches even got to see them, and before the masses of coaches ever got a chance to get an offer in. With much of the recruiting already done for the top 2019 and 2020's, the 21's will get a massive amount of exposure over the next 2-1/2 years, like no age group ever prior to and more than any age group to follow. They have the lions share of the coaches attention for the next 2.5 yrs. It is setting up to be a all out frenzy for the top players in 2021. Watch and see these players get buried in offers starting on September 1st, 2019. These players will be fully recognized and sorted out, by nearly all the schools. The early recruiting days had only a handful of schools venturing out and willing to take a gamble on such young kids. I have already seen many examples of early commits get swallowed up by their peers even before they finish 9th-10th grade. That whole hit or miss and uncertainty should be gone for the college coaches, and they will have an "all in" attitude.
How does it go down on September 1st if your a college coach? You got an entire class to fill- 8-10 players. How many players do you need to show interest in in order to land 8-10? Do they just worry about landing a top player first? Offer 5 to hope and get one? because everyone is going hard after the same small handful of players? And it all starts the same day as 100 other coaches. The coaches wanted this this recruiting legislation in place, if you ask me, it seems like it would make the process a [lacrosse] of a lot more stressful for the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe she's getting half scholly & she's an average student who seeks a small school. The world needs ditch diggers and office managers

The world needs Ivy grads too.
I need my Ivy educated dentist to clean my choppers, and I need my Ivy educated Dr. to look up my arse once a year too... When he's finished, I get in my 6 figure $ car and my homemaker wife drives me back to my million dollar home. I then pack a cooler and we head down to my boat. On the way, I stop at my computer to donate to the D2 school I graduated from. When sitting out on the water, I think to myself, jeez if I had only gone to a better school... Maybe I could have gotten somewhere in life..... Then I just laugh and make the Mrs. a nice drink. Keep this mind, having the ability to reproduce drivel from a radical leftist professor will get you A's. It takes so much more to get somewhere in life. I'd hire that D2 kid over a Ivy left wing nut ball any day. Have you looked into what they "teach" at those schools lately? Most likely you haven't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I need my Ivy educated dentist to clean my choppers, and I need my Ivy educated Dr. to look up my arse once a year too... When he's finished, I get in my 6 figure $ car and my homemaker wife drives me back to my million dollar home. I then pack a cooler and we head down to my boat. On the way, I stop at my computer to donate to the D2 school I graduated from. When sitting out on the water, I think to myself, jeez if I had only gone to a better school... Maybe I could have gotten somewhere in life..... Then I just laugh and make the Mrs. a nice drink. Keep this mind, having the ability to reproduce drivel from a radical leftist professor will get you A's. It takes so much more to get somewhere in life. I'd hire that D2 kid over a Ivy left wing nut ball any day. Have you looked into what they "teach" at those schools lately? Most likely you haven't.

BFD you sound like a d*ck head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guaranteed the Mrs. is getting tattooed and tag-teamed by the landscapers right about now...while he's off on LIE admiring his ride...so that drink he fixes her on the boat cleans her palate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting point of view. I see where you are coming from. What's even funnier is that most doctors and dentists I'm seeing didn't even go to undergrad in this country but went to med school here from one of the big state schools. As far as the "Ivy connections" are concerned - that's there - if you stay on this side of the country. From my experiences out on the left coast and Silicon Valley in particular - they could care less where you graduated from. In fact half the "geniuses" I had the pleasure of meeting did not even finish college.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point is that some parents still choose to send their kids to some terrible schools just to say they are playing lacrosse on scholarship. Use the sport to trade up or help you get in. If you are trading down just to brag, please know everyone is laughing at you for the decision because you aren't helping your kid if they come out with a degree from a school that is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guaranteed the Mrs. is getting tattooed and tag-teamed by the landscapers right about now...while he's off on LIE admiring his ride...so that drink he fixes her on the boat cleans her palate

And the landscaper has six crews running on hundreds of accounts and makes more money than all of them combine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the landscaper has six crews running on hundreds of accounts and makes more money than all of them combine!

Actually, already semi retired. You must be confused with your own painful situation. You know what I'm talking about... The one where your junk is inadequate and your ole lady invites some local basketball teams over for a shoot around at your house. You might want to invest in black light, so you'll know where to step when you get home, tiny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ole,ole,ole,ole....that's what landscapers chant when running the train on the missus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
okay back to Lacrosse.

think this is good for the 2021's also think any hoild is not at a loss, infact will be better (at least the better hold backs). Those that hit puberty early and try to game the system will be worse for the wear. but the true players will be better off. rememeber older is still older. dont care the age or grade.

2020 may be at a slight disadvantage, saw some good 2019' go between summer and christmas last fall. 2019's the ones goign now will be on target of where they belong. Some may have had an opportunity to commit over the summer, but what a month or two. Coul dbe an interesting summer for 20's and '19's should be a fun summer for 21's and below (21's and below play for the fun of it).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately they teach the left wing drivel at just about all of the schools... including HS, JHS and grade school. The media just like to hype it when they have a chance to mention one of the top universities in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down goes John Paul.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you 2019s and 2020s committed to Michigan....what is your first move?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down goes John Paul.....

Now they can build a great program for the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checkbook is coming out. Michigan will go BIG to get a top 10 coach. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried in conference for a 1-2 punch...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checkbook is coming out. Michigan will go BIG to get a top 10 coach. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried in conference for a 1-2 punch...

Spallina fro SB should be on their short list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a joke right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spallina fro SB should be on their short list

Not sure they're gonna lure any BIG coaches. Tillman aint' going anywhere. Petro? Doubt it. PSU. Tambroni moved there due to family. Brecht? Don't see it happening. Myers? No way. He's content. Someone somewhere mentioned Starsia? Could they pull up a BIG assistant? I know there are some that might be appealing. . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tillman and Petro are great targets... why not? Two of the best in the biz. Petro and Danowski are in contract years btw... DeLuca to Duke n Danowski to Michigan? DeLuca to Michigan? Chemotti would be a good steal...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scott Marr.

I'd hate to see him go being an Albany alum. Don't know when his contract is up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget the 2021 who "committed" there a few weeks ago. Well, their first move will happen September 1 of their Junior year, but I would suggest having a back up plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tillman and Petro are great targets... why not? Two of the best in the biz. Petro and Danowski are in contract years btw... DeLuca to Duke n Danowski to Michigan? DeLuca to Michigan? Chemotti would be a good steal...

Petro's contract extended through 2020 back in 2015. I can see them going for an ACC coach like Danowski or pulling up an experienced assistant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Petro's contract extended through 2020 back in 2015. I can see them going for an ACC coach like Danowski or pulling up an experienced assistant.

Why would Danowski want to leave Duke?

Or do you mean Matt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chemotti is the name that was near the top of coaching vacancy lists last year. This year he must be even hotter. Hope he stays at Richmond and continues to build their program and create his own legacy. You've got to love the new world order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head Coach at SB is making $175k what would Michigan pay their new coaches? Harbaugh makes $9m

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple of names- Mike Pressler and Tierney from Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chemotti is the name that was near the top of coaching vacancy lists last year. This year he must be even hotter. Hope he stays at Richmond and continues to build their program and create his own legacy. You've got to love the new world order.

Love the parity that's building for our kids futures. Remember when it was only Hopkins as the powerhouse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point is that some parents still choose to send their kids to some terrible schools just to say they are playing lacrosse on scholarship. Use the sport to trade up or help you get in. If you are trading down just to brag, please know everyone is laughing at you for the decision because you aren't helping your kid if they come out with a degree from a school that is a joke.

Please define what you mean by "a school that is a joke".
How would someone go about quantifying what is a joke? I know for a fact that I ended up at a fairly middle of the road small liberal arts school for my undergrad - which back then was not that impressive as far as it's academic reputation. But, then I liked the school and wanted small. Afterwards - I went to a top level school for grad school. And guess what, nobody seems to care that I went to one of those little schools now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would someone go about quantifying what is a joke? I know for a fact that I ended up at a fairly middle of the road small liberal arts school for my undergrad - which back then was not that impressive as far as it's academic reputation. But, then I liked the school and wanted small. Afterwards - I went to a top level school for grad school. And guess what, nobody seems to care that I went to one of those little schools now.

Exactly, so what Division 1 colleges are a joke ? If possible find a school that meets your son or daughters needs academically, athletically socially and financially, if its the right fit for your child its the right place to be . What arrogant a holes people are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, so what Division 1 colleges are a joke ? If possible find a school that meets your son or daughters needs academically, athletically socially and financially, if its the right fit for your child its the right place to be . What arrogant a holes people are.

Lacrosse seems to bring out elitist attitudes towards all things - the 'prestige' of a club team, the quality of the school program, the perceived quality of subsequent colleges, both academically and lacrosse-wise. Putting aside the lacrosse side of this, it is all very indicative of ugly personal character traits. And it is not about being successful in life or not - elitism is not correlated with success!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First move should be to take a breath - new rules mean nobody can do anything now anyway - no poaching calls, no reaching out to other programs. Second move should be to think that your college lacrosse experience probably just got MUCH better. Michigan does nothing half way and will likely do what they need to hire a big name coach. Third, this does nothing but raise the profile of those already committed - guarantee you all the poachers out there made note of who the committed kids are and who they may take a run at when allowed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is going to a school that wants a 400 math and 400 verbal sat maybe your kid should have spent less time on the wall and more time studying meatheads

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is going to a school that wants a 400 math and 400 verbal sat maybe your kid should have spent less time on the wall and more time studying meatheads

Spoken like a true Ivy League grad! I'll have to remember to use "meatheads" regularly and freely in my communications. . .is that a Yale thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, you have to find a new more entertaining terminology, you've used the meathead line at least four previous times. Come on, it's BOTC, originality counts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true Ivy League grad! I'll have to remember to use "meatheads" regularly and freely in my communications. . .is that a Yale thing?

Sorry but the gulf between 800 and ivy 1500-1600 is like from here to the moon. How about trying to produce just a sold "c" student which is around a 1000 sat. You people make me laugh talking about your kid getting recruited with a D average. very sad.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 58 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard