BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,959
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 32 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's nothing!, you should see the kids that came out of the woodwork to play 7th and 8th school! Never picked up a stick they are getting 30 seconds of play time and getting crushed in the process. All because their parents want to be in the in croud. I feel sorry for them!

Parents wanted to be part of the in crowd??? Really...you just said that?
In crowd?? You probably think it's the in crowd because of the low number of parents that you hang out with...... The rest of us are just laughing at you and your "in crowd "

He is absolutely right, if you think kids don't join HS sports teams (lacrosse, football) to be part of the "in crowd", you need to get your head out of your a-s.

Kids do go out for a team because of the camaraderie. Parents do push kids to try out to be a "part" of something. Nothing wrong with either especially in MS. At least kid is trying... at least parents trying to get kid involved with something.

Key word being "kid" wants to be in the in crowd, not the parent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's nothing!, you should see the kids that came out of the woodwork to play 7th and 8th school! Never picked up a stick they are getting 30 seconds of play time and getting crushed in the process. All because their parents want to be in the in croud. I feel sorry for them!

In crowd?? You probably think it's the in crowd because of the low number of parents that you hang out with...... The rest of us are just laughing at you and your "in crowd "

He is absolutely right, if you think kids don't join HS sports teams (lacrosse, football) to be part of the "in crowd", you need to get your head out of your a-s.

You're not in the "IN CROWD", I can say this because I am in the IN CROWD.

You're in HS??

My God, it was a joke, lighten up Francis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids do go out for a team because of the camaraderie. Parents do push kids to try out to be a "part" of something. Nothing wrong with either especially in MS. At least kid is trying... at least parents trying to get kid involved with something.

Key word being "kid" wants to be in the in crowd, not the parent.

im sure bill gates really missed being in the in crowd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is the LOWEST form of lacrosse, so to go A and B is ridiculous. Maybe in 5th or 6th grades. The better kids will get enough high level competition outside of PAL. A rising tide lifts all ships and will help the other players in their town to develop when they are all together. Up until 5th grade or so, the skill set on the B team--I don't care what town you're from--is not strong enough to carry a team. Once this develops, then you can split and it will actually benefit the bubble players that fell to B because they will assume a role they wouldn't of had on the A team. The reason I think there was a push for A teams in PAL is because you had big, good lax towns fielding one team for PAL strong pal team that was beating up on other towns (Long Beach, Smithtown, Three Village) and the other good lax towns got sick of it and said we can do the same--then those big guys didn't even sign up to play in the "A" division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So most posters believe the PAL program should be split, against what 3 separate coaches, Varsity and JV of both male female teams have told me. Says a lot about the school coaches getting involved with PAL. Now I know why all 3!stay away, they would have to fight a very uphill battle with parents.

That is an old guard statement, no coach in this day and age would say that. Okay maybe a coach who has very good to good. If you have players on different sides of the spectrum you wouldnt say split. It is all relative to what you have. if you have good to very good maybe split evenly.

if you have a good amount of both very good and developing, you cant, for each players growth, blend the team it is a detriment to both the very good and the developing.

Call it what you will, one of the coaches won a state championship and one of them is in the mix every year. So I'll say they know their business.

yeah maybe those are involved either direct or indirect and that is the reason. Also, what is the talent pool all is relative

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also probably have one of the better programs where the kids come into knowing how to themrow and catch and there is a lot less disparity. The other districts that have travel kids playing with kids that leave their sticks in the trunk each week understand. Nothing like watching your kid getting hacked by 4 defenders because one of his attackmen is standing next to him yelling pass and the other is 80 yards out of the play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also probably have one of the better programs where the kids come into knowing how to themrow and catch and there is a lot less disparity. The other districts that have travel kids playing with kids that leave their sticks in the trunk each week understand. Nothing like watching your kid getting hacked by 4 defenders because one of his attackmen is standing next to him yelling pass and the other is 80 yards out of the play.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Totally true. My son comes home with dents in his body because the others can't set a pick or help with a ground ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Totally true. My son comes home with dents in his body because the others can't set a pick or help with a ground ball.

Absolutely, if we can't get a waiver to go to another district next year, will be our last PAL game this may. Our towns team is awful. Have to take younger kids just to field a team. And those kids are brand new too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You folks do realize that you are "LOL!!!"-ing and complaining about kids trying to learn a sport in an environment designed to learn said sport? Just look in the mirror and see if you like the guy who does that.

And you may want to ask your son if he would be happy with you pulling him from a team with his friends because you have decided he is too good for it prior to getting that waiver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You folks do realize that you are "LOL!!!"-ing and complaining about kids trying to learn a sport in an environment designed to learn said sport? Just look in the mirror and see if you like the guy who does that.

And you may want to ask your son if he would be happy with you pulling him from a team with his friends because you have decided he is too good for it prior to getting that waiver.

I was the one that talked him into playing for his town team and giving it a shot. They have 2 players on the bench most weeks. Couple kids already quit cause they decided they don't like the sport. Most kids did not return from last year cause it was a joke. "He can see his friends on the playground" his words.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was the one that talked him into playing for his town team and giving it a shot. They have 2 players on the bench most weeks. Couple kids already quit cause they decided they don't like the sport. Most kids did not return from last year cause it was a joke. "He can see his friends on the playground" his words.

Of course he is going to say that. He sees your attitude towards it and acts accordingly.

Kids want to be on teams with their friends period. If he is as far superior as you lead us to believe, he benefits from being a team leader no matter how much of a joke your town team is.

Ask yourself how good the kids who left are if the team was a joke with them on it!

Teach him to be part of the solution

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course he is going to say that. He sees your attitude towards it and acts accordingly.

Kids want to be on teams with their friends period. If he is as far superior as you lead us to believe, he benefits from being a team leader no matter how much of a joke your town team is.

Ask yourself how good the kids who left are if the team was a joke with them on it!

team them to be the best they can
teach them to challenge themselves
teach them there is move then the town borders
teach them there is more than lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen my town team stinks. I am not going to lie now matter how much we tell the parents the kids need to practice other than once or twice a week the stick stays in the trunk of the car or if they do catch it, you can see the surprise on their face then they give it to the other team right away. We've had kids that have been playing for years and still lack the basic fundamentals to play the game now matter how many times you explain a drill to them. With that said i can easily take my son to another town and have him play but you know what he loves playing with his friends as frustrating as it is for me so that is a battle I no longer fight. Our agreement was that he would use the practices to work on something he needed like his left hand.I take him to games, I watch and cheer and I ask him i he had fun at the end.

The best part of this is how he communicates during the games and helps the other players out. Sorry to say but sometimes they are better people than we are (me included) because they have not been corrupted by this cynical world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen my town team stinks. I am not going to lie now matter how much we tell the parents the kids need to practice other than once or twice a week the stick stays in the trunk of the car or if they do catch it, you can see the surprise on their face then they give it to the other team right away. We've had kids that have been playing for years and still lack the basic fundamentals to play the game now matter how many times you explain a drill to them. With that said i can easily take my son to another town and have him play but you know what he loves playing with his friends as frustrating as it is for me so that is a battle I no longer fight. Our agreement was that he would use the practices to work on something he needed like his left hand.I take him to games, I watch and cheer and I ask him i he had fun at the end.

The best part of this is how he communicates during the games and helps the other players out. Sorry to say but sometimes they are better people than we are (me included) because they have not been corrupted by this cynical world.

I agree 100%. And I wrote the post above. I am very positive about it and I do not discourage him from playing on this team. But every week he walks off the field frustrated that the kids can't catch or that they really don't understand the basic concepts of the sport. He tries to help the newer kids, but he gets the deer in the headlights look from them. I don't want him to quit the team, but I also don't want to force him to play there either. Which is what is happening. We will wait til the end of the year to see what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

team them to be the best they can
teach them to challenge themselves
teach them there is move then the town borders
teach them there is more than lacrosse

That all sounds very lovely. Almost like an episode of full house. Unfortunately sounds like it's at the "hard to soar like an eagle, when you play with Turkeys stage" my son had a similar experience. Most of the good kids in the town (4-5) played for a neighboring town. When our town made them come back. They played for a year, then all quit. At some point after all methods have been exhausted. You have to do what you and your son thinks is best for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ur kid wants to continue to play on a lousy town team just so he can be with his friends than he's not serious about lax, just accept it and move on, there are plenty of options for lax, especially on LI...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the dumbest thing I have ever read on here. Our "PAL" team is all travel kids playing for our town team. Our kids are properly coached and love playing together and winning! Stop spreading negativity !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are very fortunate to have a PAL team in your town that has kids that can play. In my town we aren't that lucky but the kids have fun, even the few kids that do play travel. I'm sure they would prefer to be more competitive, but I think they look at PAL as practice and look at their club team as their "real" team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ur kid wants to continue to play on a lousy town team just so he can be with his friends than he's not serious about lax, just accept it and move on, there are plenty of options for lax, especially on LI...

Oh a kid is not serious if he enjoys playing with his friend. I bet you're the same parent who screams at his son the whole 8 hr trip home telling him what he did wrong and what he can do better. I would check his room or the garage to make sure he does not have a bag packed for the day he turns 18. You my friend need help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are very fortunate to have a PAL team in your town that has kids that can play. In my town we aren't that lucky but the kids have fun, even the few kids that do play travel. I'm sure they would prefer to be more competitive, but I think they look at PAL as practice and look at their club team as their "real" team.

What grade is your kid in? I have a 2023 kid and we haven't encountered any PAL team's that I would say were terrible. Obviously some are better than others. There are even some really good ones (Manhasset, Massapequa, RVC etc.) But at the 6th grade level most of the kids on the team can catch and have decent stick skills. We have a few kids that are new to the sport but when mixed in with the seasons kids they do ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the psychology talk and post analysations, especially the idiot talking about 18 y/o runaways and car rides home, let's get to what really matters, whose the best Nassau/suffolk team halfway thru the pal season???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Sunday is another travel tournament that will disrupt PAL lacrosse. The final 2 weeks of the Nassau season will be a disaster . Suffolk was smart to start early. Pro athletes like Rabil are also running Sunday clinics up against PAL. Plus soccer and other sports are also hurting turnout for some schools. As one of the smaller programs that tend to get lost in the schedule shuffle I would almost consider just finding convenient better matched scrimmages on my own next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Sunday is another travel tournament that will disrupt PAL lacrosse. The final 2 weeks of the Nassau season will be a disaster . Suffolk was smart to start early. Pro athletes like Rabil are also running Sunday clinics up against PAL. Plus soccer and other sports are also hurting turnout for some schools. As one of the smaller programs that tend to get lost in the schedule shuffle I would almost consider just finding convenient better matched scrimmages on my own next year.

Agree, Nassau going passed memorial day is gonna suck, although starting any earlier would be dicey. Weather at the end of March is unpredictable.
Our first game was the first Sunday in april.....we we're able to get in one practice in the 3 weeks leading up to the game due to weather.
I'm not blaming travel for the crossup here. Travel dates are booked well in advance. PAL guys know the dates, so they should really try to find a way to fit the 8 game schedule into 8 weeks. Think any team would oppose an evening game here or there. This way PAL is done before memorial day.
Can't help you with other sport conflicts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know anything about Nassau but in my yrs of experience, with the exception of occasional game time changes suffolk pal is pretty well organized. I'm sure others may disagree but that's just my opinion. Can't get past the fact almost all sports are played year round and many of the kids who play on pal also have other commitments to their club teams. If ur kid wants to play competitive lax sounds like in ur case u don't have many options but to put him on a club team, or sell ur house and move..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the psychology talk and post analysations, especially the idiot talking about 18 y/o runaways and car rides home, let's get to what really matters, whose the best Nassau/suffolk team halfway thru the pal season???

"Who's the best PAL team halfway through the season?"
Dude, you win chump of the year award. Get off BOC and pick up shuffle ball as a sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Who's the best PAL team halfway through the season?"
Dude, you win chump of the year award. Get off BOC and pick up shuffle ball as a sport.

maybe its a kid posting, if it is than its ok to see how other teams stack up against yours. Friendly competition. If its a grown man.....well thats a different story. Support your kid either way and leave it at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didnt post original insulting comment to u but shuffleboard is not a sport, it's a recreational activity, just for future reference

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hard to tell who is serious, who is trolling, and who is sarcastic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More tools on this site than in a mechanics garage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*see 2024 posts, good talks about PAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how much Christian Koehler tournaments was???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cold Spring Harbor 6th grade team has to be the dirtiest team I've ever seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More problems coming. Teams are suddenly finding their kids won't be showing up this week for the 3pm away game on Mother's Day. PAL gave them until 5/1 to cancel now they must forfeit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That stuff is learned from some where

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dirty how?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dirty like Ridin dirty and Nasty? Or their uniforms were not clean. That is a shame-they play on turf too, no excuse for a soiled uniform. Our apologies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dirty how?

Igloo players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dirty how?

Igloo players

Cheap shots, bad fouls, taking shots at players when refs looking the other way ect.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how much Christian Koehler tournaments was???

Think is was $700 or $725... very reasonable.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 32 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard