BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 267 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 266 267
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Correction to my post-the score was 7-5 at the half. And the person who posted the coach made a goalie change must not understand lacrosse or is the replacement goalie's family member.

So one goalie let up 7 and another let the other 8. Not a big difference. Farmingdale won the game plain and simple. You lost thats it. The team lost not one player. I was at the game and to try and blame either goalie is ridiculous.You probably never played a sport in your life. When people blame goalies it shows a complete lack of knowledge. How about Farmingdale deserves some credit for playing better. It's that simple.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
changing goalie wasn't the reason Port lost. Port lost because Fdale is a better team. Nothing to do with coach either, you have a good coach you just got beat by a better team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But who won head to head matchup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
changing goalie wasn't the reason Port lost. Port lost because Fdale is a better team. Nothing to do with coach either, you have a good coach you just got beat by a better team.

Not a port parent, and i agree the dalers are the better team. I also agree the goalies didnt lose the game, teams lose the game. I still question the move. Like it was said earlier either genius or idiotic. Any sports idiot savant or jock knows what is being said. I see it different, if you played sports you would know what I was saying.

I happen to think it was a genius move lets see how it pans out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question is not how many goals were scored in the first half compared to the second half of the Port-Farmingdale game. It is how does a coach/coaching staff pull a goalie with the score at the half 9-7 Farmingdale knowing that in the second quarter their goalie was facing the sun? A smart, knowledgeable coach would keep the starting goalie in. Port needs to reevaluate their coaching staff if they plan on ever making it to the next round of playoffs!!!!

The Farmingdale goalie faced the same sun. Stop with excuses all goalies faced the same sun. He got pulled it's not the end of the world. Stop making excuses for everything. Its the suns fault, the wind. LoL. One let up 7 and the other 8. Not that big of a difference. How did the rest of the team do? Did they finish? How many shots did they miss? How many unforced turnovers. How many ground balls? It's more than just goalies on the field. Watch the video and maybe you will see why Port lost. It's a lot more than the way the goalies played. Both goalies for Port played fine.

I hate the sun excuse as much as I hate rationalizing anything. But and this is a big BUTT (think Loquischa's at the Chinese buffet), Sun matters and the sun isnt in the same spot, correction the earth isnt in the same spot. We all know the fields that this effects more than others and the timing can effect this more so. What time was this game?

me, I am glad there is something to look forward to. The Pequa Syosset was quite underwhelming, Dalers have a shot at redemption.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing goalies is sometimes common practice. Look at SYO over the years. Depending on what parents have influence with the coach those are the ones that play. Doesn't matter whose better. If coach wants to make a change for playing reasons.... good for him. Time to care is when kid never gets a chance because daddy or mommy don't help with the booster club!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the term TEAM is what Port needs to focus on. Farmingdale played like a team Port did not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question is not how many goals were scored in the first half compared to the second half of the Port-Farmingdale game. It is how does a coach/coaching staff pull a goalie with the score at the half 9-7 Farmingdale knowing that in the second quarter their goalie was facing the sun? A smart, knowledgeable coach would keep the starting goalie in. Port needs to reevaluate their coaching staff if they plan on ever making it to the next round of playoffs!!!!

The Farmingdale goalie faced the same sun. Stop with excuses all goalies faced the same sun. He got pulled it's not the end of the world. Stop making excuses for everything. Its the suns fault, the wind. LoL. One let up 7 and the other 8. Not that big of a difference. How did the rest of the team do? Did they finish? How many shots did they miss? How many unforced turnovers. How many ground balls? It's more than just goalies on the field. Watch the video and maybe you will see why Port lost. It's a lot more than the way the goalies played. Both goalies for Port played fine.

I hate the sun excuse as much as I hate rationalizing anything. But and this is a big BUTT (think Loquischa's at the Chinese buffet), Sun matters and the sun isnt in the same spot, correction the earth isnt in the same spot. We all know the fields that this effects more than others and the timing can effect this more so. What time was this game?

me, I am glad there is something to look forward to. The Pequa Syosset was quite underwhelming, Dalers have a shot at redemption.

It was a night game started at 6pm. Tge Farmingdale goalie played whole game and faced the same sun as Ports 1st half goalie. It actually got worse as the game went a long. Not hearing any excuses from the Farmingdale goalie he made the saves he had to make regardless of the sun especially when it was directly in his eyes during the third qtr. Excuses are for losers and that's what Port are a bunch of cry baby losers. Let's go Dalers. Clean slate for playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Big games this week some having more meaning for certain teams.

Tues Port at Syosset
Wed Massapequa vs Chaminade
Hills East vs Ward Melville
Fri Port at Massapequa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Big games this week some having more meaning for certain teams.

Tues Port at Syosset
Wed Massapequa vs Chaminade
Hills East vs Ward Melville
Fri Port at Massapequa

Not really, the winner will be:

Cham
WM
Pequa

And I'm sure about that!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing goalies is sometimes common practice. Look at SYO over the years. Depending on what parents have influence with the coach those are the ones that play. Doesn't matter whose better. If coach wants to make a change for playing reasons.... good for him. Time to care is when kid never gets a chance because daddy or mommy don't help with the booster club!!

OK, Kaptain Kankaroo....

Whatever you say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgot the Syosset win, Would it even be a question? Leagues are not as deep as some people hope.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Forgot the Syosset win, Would it even be a question? Leagues are not as deep as some people hope.

So what would you say are the top teams on Long Island . Rank them. Let's keep the privates out of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Break up Nassau and Suffolk.....

Nassau "Power Conference":
1) Cold Spring Harbor
2) Manhasset
3) Pequa
4) Garden City
5) Syosset
6) Farmingdale
7) Port Washington
8) South Side
9) Wantagh
10) Locust Valley
11) Lynbrook

It would be like the girls- some 5-5,4-6,3-7 Records...BRUISER games....but guarantees everyone plays top schools. There isn't 1 deep league, all are shallow but it gives schools like Syo a chance to play some of their 40+ kids in blow outs. Not sure what's better....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Cold Spring Harbor
2) Manhasset
3) Pequa
4) Garden City
5) Syosset
6) Farmingdale
7) Port Washington
8) South Side
9) Wantagh
10) Locust Valley
11) Lynbrook

It would be like the girls- some 5-5,4-6,3-7 Records...BRUISER games....but guarantees everyone plays top schools. There isn't 1 deep league, all are shallow but it gives schools like Syo a chance to play some of their 40+ kids in blow outs. Not sure what's better....

Didn't Syosset beat GC ? Shouldn't they b ranked higher ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset at 4 (beat Gc)
GC at 5
Wantagh at 7 (beat Southside who beat Port)
Southside at 8
Port 9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Cold Spring Harbor
2) Manhasset
3) Pequa
4) Garden City
5) Syosset
6) Farmingdale
7) Port Washington
8) South Side
9) Wantagh
10) Locust Valley
11) Lynbrook

This is one persons opinion dude, not a real ranking. Who cares, I think the Jets are the best football team too, doesn't make it a fact. Open a paper and read some real news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Cold Spring Harbor
2) Manhasset
3) Pequa
4) Garden City
5) Syosset
6) Farmingdale
7) Port Washington
8) South Side
9) Wantagh
10) Locust Valley
11) Lynbrook

This is one persons opinion dude, not a real ranking. Who cares, I think the Jets are the best football team too, doesn't make it a fact. Open a paper and read some real news.

Come on... CSH only has 2 kids that are great. Once you shut them down, is it a competitive team? YxUZfY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Cold Spring Harbor
2) Manhasset
3) Pequa
4) Garden City
5) Syosset
6) Farmingdale
7) Port Washington
8) South Side
9) Wantagh
10) Locust Valley
11) Lynbrook

Come on... CSH only has 2 kids that are great. Once you shut them down, is it a competitive team? YxUZfY

Seems like they're a pretty complete team to me. Doesn't their record speaks for itself. They seem to have beaten some pretty good team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally, the box score from the GC - Manhassett game is posted in newsday.

GC media control --- fake news --- Act as if the loss did not happen then post the details days later when the bad news is old.

Classic Clinton/Obama stuff!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC media control --- fake news --- Act as if the loss did not happen then post the details days later when the bad news is old.

You really have issues. GCs game received full coverage in an article by Newsday. The score came later as did other teams that played on a Saturday night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYO defense was a joke, coaching was pathetic. No wonder Praia scored on you 8 times. It was silent on the field guess SYO d doesn't need to talk they're THAT good.

Sure Pal.

Based upon what you are saying, Pequa should have scored 20 on Syo... So, I guess only 7 goals (let's not count the cheap empty net goal with 20 seconds left) against Syo either means that Pequa Offense is weak or Syo Defense is good. I'll let you decide.5

You got it buddy, Pequa O was weak and Syosset D was great! But.....still lost, convincingly. I'll let you decide that. Why did Syosset pull their goalie? You tell everyone....

Easy answer, so a Pequa could get a (cheap) goal.

You're right, but Syosset still got beat, and beat pretty damn bad. Matter of fact the game was in hand by the half. I actually saw a group of Syosset dad's crying in the parking lot as I was leaving. They were pretty damn hysterical, one of them had snot running down his face and the other guy well he was rolling around the ground calling for his mommy and saying "cheap goal, cheap goal" oh smack, now I know who you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record...the winning team calls in the scores to Newsday.

Also for the record, Newsday scores is only open Mon-Sat from 430pm-10pm.

My guess is Manhasset coach couldnt call in the score until monday after practice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really have issues. GCs game received full coverage in an article by Newsday. The score came later as did other teams that played on a Saturday night.

So, the article was fit to print but the box score was not? OK.

Let's see how quickly the box score is posted after GC's next loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Cold Spring Harbor
2) Manhasset
3) Pequa
4) Garden City
5) Syosset
6) Farmingdale
7) Port Washington
8) South Side
9) Wantagh
10) Locust Valley
11) Lynbrook

Seems like they're a pretty complete team to me. Doesn't their record speaks for itself. They seem to have beaten some pretty good team

GC should be 6/7 everyone else moves up one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, the article was fit to print but the box score was not? OK.

Let's see how quickly the box score is posted after GC's next loss.

What are you not comprehending? The score gets called in by the winning team. Newsday posted other scores late that were played on Saturday night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But they have a great public relations firm...... a lot of publicity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But they have a great public relations firm...... a lot of publicity

Who is "they" tin hat guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a little pre-scouting for the Syo v PW game today - start time is 5:15 - field faces north/south so sun should not be a factor,for the goalies, only the fans on the east side stands. The game time temperature should be 55 degrees with a light wind (up to 20 MPH) from the northwest. natural grass in pretty good condition. This should be a no excuses game for both teams, just show up and play with whatever 10 players the coach puts on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here is a little pre-scouting for the Syo v PW game today - start time is 5:15 - field faces north/south so sun should not be a factor,for the goalies, only the fans on the east side stands. The game time temperature should be 55 degrees with a light wind (up to 20 MPH) from the northwest. natural grass in pretty good condition. This should be a no excuses game for both teams, just show up and play with whatever 10 players the coach puts on the field.

Should be interesting to see what Syo player vying for post season accolades shoots the most. Parents should play a wagering game on it with odds for each player. Player with the worst shooting pct, with a minimum of 10 shots ( shouldn't be hard with these hogs ) gets the "MINEZ" award for I gotta get Minez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only one making noise for Port is their Jackass Coach... He got 1 minute unsportsmanlike penalty, a second warning and had to be physically restrained by another coach. He was warned that one more word would result in 3 minute nonreleasable penalty.. Pure class PW! This is the same guy who was cursing at his own players at last year's game at Syosset. Where is the Port AD? The Team and community deserve better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here is a little pre-scouting for the Syo v PW game today - start time is 5:15 - field faces north/south so sun should not be a factor,for the goalies, only the fans on the east side stands. The game time temperature should be 55 degrees with a light wind (up to 20 MPH) from the northwest. natural grass in pretty good condition. This should be a no excuses game for both teams, just show up and play with whatever 10 players the coach puts on the field.

Should be interesting to see what Syo player vying for post season accolades shoots the most. Parents should play a wagering game on it with odds for each player. Player with the worst shooting pct, with a minimum of 10 shots ( shouldn't be hard with these hogs ) gets the "MINEZ" award for I gotta get Minez.

Syo cannot compete with Pequa..., when it comes to cheap empty net goals. Pequa #1!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the game? Is pw taking their medicine or complaining about the weather or their own coach. Forget the ad where is the booster club, grow some balls up there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder what team your on, could be a Pequa parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a little pre-scouting for the Syo v PW game today - start time is 5:15 - field faces north/south so sun should not be a factor,for the goalies, only the fans on the east side stands. The game time temperature should be 55 degrees with a light wind (up to 20 MPH) from the northwest. natural grass in pretty good condition. This should be a no excuses game for both teams, just show up and play with whatever 10 players the coach puts on the field.

It was the grass. Port has not played on grass. That's why they lost. Also the other team shot it too hard at the goalie and it wasn't fair. Let's hear the excuses now Port. Face it you lost to the better team. It's that plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the grass. Port has not played on grass. That's why they lost. Also the other team shot it too hard at the goalie and it wasn't fair. Let's hear the excuses now Port. Face it you lost to the better team. It's that plain and simple.

The port fogo got to the game after 1 quarter. Port was down 6-1. After he got there ot was a much closer 3 qrts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only one making noise for Port is their Jackass Coach... He got 1 minute unsportsmanlike penalty, a second warning and had to be physically restrained by another coach. He was warned that one more word would result in 3 minute nonreleasable penalty.. Pure class PW! This is the same guy who was cursing at his own players at last year's game at Syosset. Where is the Port AD? The Team and community deserve better.

Anonymous stirs the pot with wrong info....1) a Port player received the 1 minute unsportsmanlike penalty...2) the "warning" was because the coach questioned why the official did not call a high hit on a player. The assistant held back the head because Port was gaining some momentum, and recognized that the official was trying to do anything in his power to maintain some sort of "control." Pretty sure every coach curses, guess you weren't listening to the Syo coach during their loss to Massapequa. Nothin like coaching in 2017!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waaaaaa, I'm from Syosset and you scored a cheap goal, waaaaaaaaaaaaa, cry bravey would be a more appropriate name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the game? Is pw taking their medicine or complaining about the weather or their own coach. Forget the ad where is the booster club, grow some balls up there

Really?? Where were your balls when your coach made your kids leave without their uniforms on?? What about when he made the team chant "(insert player name) has a mangina" ?? Or how about when he calls a kid a "fat piece of s**t". where is the Syo AD?? Oh that's right you're booster club takes care of it. Guess when you pay all that money for your kid to play then you let all that stuff slide. Stay classy Syosset!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stat lady Dorothy with the daggers! Tell us how you really feel!

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 267 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard