BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,170
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 75 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ACC is the most competitive conference and will be for awhile. This the teams were hit hard by graduation but the teams by seasons end rebounded. While I was one of the people that thought BC was trash in the beginning of the year, I now see that they are playing like a top 10 team. Northwestern would not be able to hang in the ACC this year, honestly they shouldn't even make the tournament due to the loss to Hopkins. But I do agree its a UNC/Maryland title to lose. But go Stony Brook!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after watching the UNC Syracuse matchup I think they should rip up the rule book once and for all and make it official. at the very least get rid of the rule on dangerous follow through.

there were at least a half dozen follow through's were a girl got bludgeoned around the head area and I don't think a single card went out as a result- I could have missed one so don't freak out if I did. 4 in white had to be stitched up for a split lip.

got to be a better way. helmets surely on the way right??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Watch out for BC NOT a fan but they are playing very well

BC crushed ND even though the score didn't reflect how one sided the game really was. ND has some players out and are not in the best shape currently. A win is a win however. BC can't hold a candle to UNC, sorry. BC may win a game or two, depending on their seeding/bracket. They give up a ton of goals.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, May 1
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 17-0 400 20 1
2 Florida 15-2 376 2
3 North Carolina 16-2 364 3
4 Stony Brook 16-1 319 4
5 Penn State 15-2 318 5
6 Princeton 12-3 279 6
7 Southern California 16-3 275 7
7 Penn 13-2 275 8
9 Syracuse 15-6 256 10
10 Colorado 16-3 229 9
11 Cornell 11-4 192 11
12 Virginia 11-8 175 12
13 Boston College 13-6 167 15
14 Northwestern 9-8 133 14
15 Notre Dame 11-7 129 13
16 Denver 13-3 87 16
17 Towson 12-5 81 17
18 Louisville 11-7 53 19
19 James Madison 11-6 48 18
20 Virginia Tech 11-8 14 20

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, May 1
1 Le Moyne 16-0 398 19 1
2 Lindenwood 19-0 379 1 2
3 Adelphi 15-1 361 3
4 Florida Southern 19-2 342 4
5 LIU Post 13-2 309 5
6 Florida Tech 13-3 292 6
7 Limestone 17-3 279 7
8 Queens 16-3 269 8
9 New Haven 13-3 227 10
10 Rollins 12-5 201 9
11 NYIT 15-2 189 12
12 Regis (CO) 15-2 174 14
13 East Stroudsburg 15-2 167 15
14 Pace 11-5 144 11
15 West Chester 12-4 121 12
16 Mercy 15-2 103 16
17 Stonehill 11-6 95 18
18 Mercyhurst 11-4 75 17
19 Indiana (PA) 10-6 34 19
20 Seton Hill 10-7 19 20

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division III, May 1
1 College of NJ. 13-1 393 17 1
2 Washington & Lee 14-1 373 1 2
3 Gettysburg 15-2 364 2 3
4 Messiah 13-2 334 5
5 Colby 13-3 316 6
6 Middlebury 13-3 308 7
7 William Smith 16-1 263 8
8 Hamilton 12-4 243 9
9 [lacrosse] 14-3 226 4
10 Franklin & Marshall 14-4 221 10
11 Salisbury 13-5 214 13
12 Trinity (CT) 13-3 206 11
13 Ithaca 13-3 174 12
14 Catholic (DC) 11-4 126 14
15 Mary Washington 14-5 106 15
16 Brockport 14-1 94 19
17 Wesleyan (CT) 11-5 83 17
18 Tufts 10-6 60 20
19 Cortland 12-4 39 18
20 Bowdoin 10-6 36 16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook get screwed and be put in the same bracket as Princeton, Syracuse and Boston College three teams that are all playing very strong over the last couple of weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook get screwed and be put in the same bracket as Princeton, Syracuse and Boston College three teams that are all playing very strong over the last couple of weeks.

They should be able to beat all of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still looks good for one of the only 5 teams to win over nearly three decades to be crowned champs again this year MD, NC, Princeton, VA, NW. Florida lost by a combined 13 to MD and UNC and Stony Brook got slapped by Florida down by 10 at that half. UNC or MD win again which is bad for the sport. Too many teams (especially with new ones coming on board every year and not enough talent even in the top 10 to compete. #15 looks like a D3 team vs MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook will get screwed and be put in the same bracket as Princeton, Syracuse and Boston College three teams that are all playing very strong over the last couple of weeks.

NCAA tries to limit/minimize travel/costs for most teams. Syracuse may host so SBU could dodge them early. Cornell and Penn could make trek to LI... Who would you like SBU to be in a bracket with? Binghamton,Vermont and UNH aren't making the tournament this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not crying for SB at all. You want to tout yourself as the big league then don't cry about your seeding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

coach still has no confidence in either goalie and the scoring is all done by 2-3 players - not seeing it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question from a new lax mom. If a student plays D2 and wants to transfer to play D1- how easy is it? Has anyone had this experience?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not crying for SB at all. You want to tout yourself as the big league then don't cry about your seeding.

Agreed. Stonybrook is a good team, but relies to heavily on one player. They can't get past top tier teams like UNC, FLA, and MD
Will be fun to watch coach have a melt down and blame the refs when they lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after watching the UNC Syracuse matchup I think they should rip up the rule book once and for all and make it official. at the very least get rid of the rule on dangerous follow through.

there were at least a half dozen follow through's were a girl got bludgeoned around the head area and I don't think a single card went out as a result- I could have missed one so don't freak out if I did. 4 in white had to be stitched up for a split lip.

got to be a better way. helmets surely on the way right??

#4 on NC got hit with a stick when a girl was cradling, not after a shot. Unfortunate injury, but not a foul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it is not so bad when you say that Stony Brook can not get by the top 3 teams in the country.
Thats why they are ranked number 4 I guess...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

coach still has no confidence in either goalie and the scoring is all done by 2-3 players - not seeing it

false..... BC offense is one of the best in the country where they have everyone contributing. I hate when people comment things they dont know about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Stonybrook is a good team, but relies to heavily on one player. They can't get past top tier teams like UNC, FLA, and MD

When KO graduates, they go back to being medicore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question from a new lax mom. If a student plays D2 and wants to transfer to play D1- how easy is it? Has anyone had this experience?

I am not 100% sure... But, I think it is pretty easy. It is my understanding that when a "scholarship" athlete transfers from one school to another they are not eligible to play for period of one year. However, If the coach is willing to sign a "release" then the player can participate immediately. If there is no athletic scholarship involved then the player can transfer and be eligible with no penalty. It is also my understanding that if the coach does not sign the release then the coach "can not" use the scholarship for another athlete.

I would check the NCAA website or call them for clarification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not 100% sure... But, I think it is pretty easy. It is my understanding that when a "scholarship" athlete transfers from one school to another they are not eligible to play for period of one year. However, If the coach is willing to sign a "release" then the player can participate immediately. If there is no athletic scholarship involved then the player can transfer and be eligible with no penalty. It is also my understanding that if the coach does not sign the release then the coach "can not" use the scholarship for another athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still looks good for one of the only 5 teams to win over nearly three decades to be crowned champs again this year MD, NC, Princeton, VA, NW. Florida lost by a combined 13 to MD and UNC and Stony Brook got slapped by Florida down by 10 at that half. UNC or MD win again which is bad for the sport. Too many teams (especially with new ones coming on board every year and not enough talent even in the top 10 to compete. #15 looks like a D3 team vs MD

MD in a rout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Serious question from a new lax mom. If a student plays D2 and wants to transfer to play D1- how easy is it? Has anyone had this experience?

Does not apply between Divisions. i.e. D1 can go to D2 without penalty, and D2 to D3. Works the same for moving up Divisions as well. The player will only have to sit out if the are transferring within divisions (D1 to D1). Most coaches will sign a release as long as player is not transferring into the same conference or to a team it plays regularly (regionally).

Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spallina's strength has always been his defense. For most opponents it's a confusing zone to break down. They will miss their Senior middies next year. 42 and 22 are huge (no pun intended) workhorses for them!

They will be fine on Offense for years to come, even after KO graduates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spallina's strength has always been his defense. For most opponents it's a confusing zone to break down. They will miss their Senior middies next year. 42 and 22 are huge (no pun intended) workhorses for them!

Zone works because Refs only call shooting space and 3 seconds half the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Serious question from a new lax mom. If a student plays D2 and wants to transfer to play D1- how easy is it? Has anyone had this experience?

Does not apply between Divisions. i.e. D1 can go to D2 without penalty, and D2 to D3. Works the same for moving up Divisions as well. The player will only have to sit out if the are transferring within divisions (D1 to D1). Most coaches will sign a release as long as player is not transferring into the same conference or to a team it plays regularly (regionally).

Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zone works because Refs only call shooting space and 3 seconds half the time.

Wrong. Zone works if you have a goalie who excels at free positions. They're an easy save compared to most other shots and then give a change of possession. JS wants the officials to make the call. Thats why the more successful offenses pull it out on a FP and don't take the bait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook will get screwed and be put in the same bracket as Princeton, Syracuse and Boston College three teams that are all playing very strong over the last couple of weeks.

NCAA tries to limit/minimize travel/costs for most teams. Syracuse may host so SBU could dodge them early. Cornell and Penn could make trek to LI... Who would you like SBU to be in a bracket with? Binghamton,Vermont and UNH aren't making the tournament this year.

While I understand the reasons for regional games it gives teams like USC a clear advantage. They are a .500 team if they played on the east coast , who will they play out there , there is little competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan coach fired So it begins

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Interesting observation so I did a sample of schools and found that the scoring percentage on regular shots versus free position shots is statistically even. Some schools were dead even while other just a few 1/100ths different. Stony Brook did have a larger spread at 59/100ths different. I can imagine most coaches would take a free position shot late in tie game--you can always pull out of the shot.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Both the men's and women's coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no way, really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

Not looking for nonsense answers but where does that leave the kids that committed there early and now cannot communicate with the new coach .Do you think most new coaches will honor those or not.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
no way, really?

Both did not put up good records and the AD is new. They are building a 2,000 seat lacrosse facility and they want to go in a positive direction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not looking for nonsense answers but where does that leave the kids that committed there early and now cannot communicate with the new coach .Do you think most new coaches will honor those or not.

on the women's side yes... i cant say what the mens coach will do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's one opinion, the real answer is nobody knows what will happen now that the rules have changed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The verbal follows the coach not the school. New coach does not need to honor any prior commitments. Not saying they won't but they won't. Coach was fired, new coach may look to go in a different direction. It's just a verbal for a reason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I understand the reasons for regional games it gives teams like USC a clear advantage. They are a .500 team if they played on the east coast , who will they play out there , there is little competition.

They'll get Colorado, Denver and possibly a Midwest team (Louisville, Nortwestern or Notre Dame). Last year, JMU had to head out west.

It is what it is. There will be some complaints about UF first opponent too. The playing field levels after the first weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Michigan coach fired So it begins

The verbal follows the coach not the school. New coach does not need to honor any prior commitments. Not saying they won't but they won't. Coach was fired, new coach may look to go in a different direction. It's just a verbal for a reason

New coach cant talk to 19s and 20s...18s are already set...if coach doesn't honor most verbals...will have 15 kids on team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Michigan coach fired So it begins

New coach cant talk to 19s and 20s...18s are already set...if coach doesn't honor most verbals...will have 15 kids on team.

Sorry not following but aren't they in the same predicament as everyone else? Point is the verbal is with the coach not the school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As it relates to the women’s game and the firing of the Michigan Coach:

I think this coaching carousel will grow and continue now that it gets more competitive for the recruitment of top-talent.

Up until a couple of years ago there have only been a few lacrosse programs that really mattered. Those colleges were the ones that paved the way for the beginnings of this sport and haven’t had to do much to attract the best talent. Many of these coaches could simply show up to the Maryland and New Jersey Tournaments with their summer folding chairs, get some sun while watching the top team of the top programs, make some notes and then text the club directors to assist in validating some of what they saw.

But now there are many other schools (some that reside in great geographical areas and others that are far superior in the academics they offer) in comparison to those few who paved the way that will be vying for the top players. Therefore, it’s important for those colleges --- that truly want the program to advance --- to acquire a coach and supporting staff that isn’t going to be lazy and allow / rely on the club directors to dictate which girls get recruited.

As an aside, oftentimes those athletes marketed by the club directors are done so based on an agenda or favor(s) to the participating families (ex. Parent is a coach, fundraising event has been an extra portion of their efforts). This is certainly a detriment to the college coach who fails to perform their own due diligence.

So if I’m the Athletic Director for a college and my girls program is struggling; I wouldn’t hesitate to make a change in this environment. The sport is becoming national as opposed to regional and extra-hustle on the part of the coach is becoming more important. Spending the summer in the mid-Atlantic and northeast regions and allowing a few club directors to dictate the contents of your roster will certainly lead to challenging times for your program.

Page 56 of 75 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard