BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 264 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM 11
SE 7

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syosset wth a 7-4 won over Farmingdale. Farmingdale lost to Massapequa 7-5 earlier in the month. They play Port Washington on Saturday. Will they be able to put up some goals or again not execute their offense. Will they be able to hold Ports high scoring offense off the board. Will Port Washington win vs a good opponent. They seem to beat up on weak teams but fold under pressure versus good teams. Their 2 losses are vs North Shore and Southside. Well maybe not that good since Southside is 5-5. Syosset has Massapequa and Port Washington next. Port Washington has Farmingdale, Syosset, and Massapequa. Probably the toughest 3 games in a row of any of the teams in A. Massapequa has Syosset, Oceanside, and Port Washington next. Will Powers get the team to fire on all cylinders. A lot of things will be decided in the next week.

Port should have lost to LV (LV's only loss so far) - LV outplayed them and hit pipe or shot just wide about a dozen and half times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM 11
SE 7

Think you have that backwards

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LV will not win a single faceoff against CSH this year.

Making absolute statements is never a smart move. But even if they win a few, it will keep us from knowing how good they match up otherwise. And even with that said, I am firmly against the idea of removing faceoffs from the game after Gs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port will lose to FD, SYO and Massapequa... closest game will be FD but they will lose all 3.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset wth a 7-4 won over Farmingdale. Farmingdale lost to Massapequa 7-5 earlier in the month. They play Port Washington on Saturday. Will they be able to put up some goals or again not execute their offense. Will they be able to hold Ports high scoring offense off the board. Will Port Washington win vs a good opponent. They seem to beat up on weak teams but fold under pressure versus good teams. Their 2 losses are vs North Shore and Southside. Well maybe not that good since Southside is 5-5. Syosset has Massapequa and Port Washington next. Port Washington has Farmingdale, Syosset, and Massapequa. Probably the toughest 3 games in a row of any of the teams in A. Massapequa has Syosset, Oceanside, and Port Washington next. Will Powers get the team to fire on all cylinders. A lot of things will be decided in the next week.

Port should have lost to LV (LV's only loss so far) - LV outplayed them and hit pipe or shot just wide about a dozen and half times.

Since Port won the game I feel that they should have scored more because they hit the pipe and missed a lot of opportunities themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean the ONLY three games. Nassau A is the weakest conference. Look who they play. That conference is a joke.

So which conference is not a joke? B with GC and Manhasset? Then who? Maybe South Side, Really tough conference. C has CSH and LV, then who? Give it a rest fella. A has at least Syosset, Farmingdale, Massapequa and Port. Plus Oceanside can give a game as well.

You mean the ONLY three games. Nassau A is the weakest conference. Look who they play. That conference is a joke.

So which conference is not a joke? B with GC and Manhasset? Then who? Maybe South Side, Really tough conference. C has CSH and LV, then who? Give it a rest fella. A has at least Syosset, Farmingdale, Massapequa and Port. Plus Oceanside can give a game as well.

sarcasm with oceanside ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH -6 over LV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port will lose to FD, SYO and Massapequa... closest game will be FD but they will lose all 3.

It's interesting about how this was a discussion about multiple teams and the Port haters just jump on. From what I know Farmingdale has lost to both Syosset and Massapequa. They are in desperation mode. If they don't beat Port they are in big trouble. I would also say they have a lot more to lose than Port does in the game on Saturday. Is Syosset performing up to expectations, How about Massapequa with their new head coach. Are they really performing as everyone had hoped. Let's see what happens when all the chips are on the table and who is standing at the end of the season. Good luck to everyone in this crucial part of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since Port won the game I feel that they should have scored more because they hit the pipe and missed a lot of opportunities themselves.

Port had nowhere near as many as LV - LV had a definitive advantage in possession and shots. Both Goalies were good, and yes I know Goalies always take credit for the pipe and misses, but that's more of an inside joke than true, both in lacrosse and hockey!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's interesting about how this was a discussion about multiple teams and the Port haters just jump on. From what I know Farmingdale has lost to both Syosset and Massapequa. They are in desperation mode. If they don't beat Port they are in big trouble. I would also say they have a lot more to lose than Port does in the game on Saturday. Is Syosset performing up to expectations, How about Massapequa with their new head coach. Are they really performing as everyone had hoped. Let's see what happens when all the chips are on the table and who is standing at the end of the season. Good luck to everyone in this crucial part of the season.

Pegua has a new head coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massapequa doesn't have a new head coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your saying Coach Powers isn't the new head coach? Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't agree more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The current head coach listed is just the coach on paper. Powers is the new head coach there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The current head coach listed is just the coach on paper. Powers is the new head coach there.

"have to have a plowhorse mentality gentelmen"...GP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port Haters? is there such a group? what's to hate? Maybe people from Port are haters, haters of losing so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pegua has a new head coach?

not in title, but yes they do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port Haters? is there such a group? what's to hate? Maybe people from Port are haters, haters of losing so much.

I think Port is 9-2 on the season. Seems to be a bit more winning than losing.

39-19 overall 26-8 over in conference over the past 4 years with this season being partially played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LV will not win a single faceoff against CSH this year.

You do realize a procedure penalty is statistically a lost faceoff?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A today is Pequa, Syo.... then Port.... then Dalers. haters or not. Will that change next week, maybe but Dalers can only be 3rd at best. 3rd or 4th best, no thank you ill go with Ricky Bobby, if your not 1st your last!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-2.. how many quality wins? would you say... Looks like the winner of the Port Fdale game will have the 3 spot, unless port wash runs the table. Be nice to have 4 good teams in the Conference instead of the 2 usual. Good Luck this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port is in for a rude awaking next 3 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you say that, I think they know each team is gunning for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on at SWR. Rewind a few years and heads would be rolling. Could they be looking at 2014 again. Maybe a 6 loss season and no playoffs. What's going on thought that was supposed to be a high powered offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on at SWR. Rewind a few years and heads would be rolling. Could they be looking at 2014 again. Maybe a 6 loss season and no playoffs. What's going on thought that was supposed to be a high powered offense.

Lax power score may have been wrong. Newsday reported them winning 13-6 yesterday over a pretty strong Rocky Point team. If anyone was at game please confirm, or set score straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and you're a moron

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax power score may have been wrong. Newsday reported them winning 13-6 yesterday over a pretty strong Rocky Point team. If anyone was at game please confirm, or set score straight.

Sectionxi has the score as 13-6 SWR with the win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like Port. There is no better way to finish up a nice steak dinner than enjoying some Port.

Oh wait, they play lacrosse in Port? Really? I thought they folded the program 2 years ago after JF graduated and the Head Coach bailed on the Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you say that, I think they know each team is gunning for them.

Other way around, teams in front don't gun for the team behind them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like Port. There is no better way to finish up a nice steak dinner than enjoying some Port.

Oh wait, they play lacrosse in Port? Really? I thought they folded the program 2 years ago after JF graduated and the Head Coach bailed on the Team.

Which HC coach bailed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who coaches Port now? I know Rooney is in the Hills. They still have a team, their football team folded. Imagine going to a HS without a football team, what is this world coming to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which HC coach bailed?

"T"eddy "R"osevelt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which HC coach bailed?

"T"eddy "R"osevelt

Bring back Ken Case from retirement!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port has had 3 coaches in the last few years. 1. was let go 2. ran for the hills. 3. Was given the job because no one else wanted it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port has had 3 coaches in the last few years. 1. was let go 2. ran for the hills. 3. Was given the job because no one else wanted it.

sounds like a Dominic's effect

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
just looked at newsday stats for curiosity.mp has about 121 goals with about 102 assists.as opposed to mt Sinai with about81 goals and about 35 assists. 121/102. Vs 81/35. Just very curious. I guess mp doesn't believe in any one taking it to the cage and scoring.

We all know that some of reporting can be wrong through minor mistakes by Newsday and or coaches and a game with more assists than goals is clearly a mistake. To accuse coaches of pading is not right, in this day and age it is not practical for anyone to do that and I do not believe it's a fair accusation. In one of the posts someone said they reviewed film- I wish they would reference exactly what they are talking about and post film. Making slanderous claims to people's integrity is wrong. I must say the various claims made me curious, I reviewed a few random team stats and found it interesting
Miller Place 82% of goals come with assists- I did see them play one game and they pass the ball very well-they also have 7 double digit goal scorers. Cold Spring Harbor 73% assist ratio- 4 double digit goal scorers. Shoreham 65% assist ratio-4 double digit goal scorers. Smithtown East 60% assist-6 double digit goal scorers.Mt Sinai 56% assist ratio- 4 double digit goal scorers.

Not sure what this math proves about claims of padding, but 7 double digit goal scorers would relate to a high assist total, proves they move the ball. CSH and MP play similiar styles so it reasons they would be close in assist %

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxdad76
just looked at newsday stats for curiosity.mp has about 121 goals with about 102 assists.as opposed to mt Sinai with about81 goals and about 35 assists. 121/102. Vs 81/35. Just very curious. I guess mp doesn't believe in any one taking it to the cage and scoring.

We all know that some of reporting can be wrong through minor mistakes by Newsday and or coaches and a game with more assists than goals is clearly a mistake. To accuse coaches of pading is not right, in this day and age it is not practical for anyone to do that and I do not believe it's a fair accusation. In one of the posts someone said they reviewed film- I wish they would reference exactly what they are talking about and post film. Making slanderous claims to people's integrity is wrong. I must say the various claims made me curious, I reviewed a few random team stats and found it interesting
Miller Place 82% of goals come with assists- I did see them play one game and they pass the ball very well-they also have 7 double digit goal scorers. Cold Spring Harbor 73% assist ratio- 4 double digit goal scorers. Shoreham 65% assist ratio-4 double digit goal scorers. Smithtown East 60% assist-6 double digit goal scorers.Mt Sinai 56% assist ratio- 4 double digit goal scorers.

Not sure what this math proves about claims of padding, but 7 double digit goal scorers would relate to a high assist total, proves they move the ball. CSH and MP play similiar styles so it reasons they would be close in assist %

Certain towns pad stats... look at some of the "powerhouse" A teams that leave starters in to score the 18th goal against a crappy team. Now that kid will get an award for playing a crap schedule and racking up goals in a game where he should have been out at halftime. Same goes for defense ground ball stats.. you know what teams I'm talking about. Some coaches set certain kids up for what they want the outcome to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quid Pro Quo. Pay to Play. Whatever you want to call it. Welcome to Nassau A! You know what town!!! Money talks. And being able to hide the money has its advantages also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are obviously from MP. Your math is wrong. Assist % for Mp is 84. Mt Sin 44%. That's almost twice as much. CSH-68%. That's still a large difference. Maybe they do assist on 84% of their goals--that would be awesome lacrosse. Just gets your facts correct. Be proud that they look to make that extra pass, not apologetic.

Like Reply Quote
Page 48 of 264 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard