BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 214 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Their are multiple problems with this situation. The first is that is that it was a group of kids stealing. It was not a small amount -it wasn't a candy bar. It was a lot! The second big issue is that this was attempted to be covered up by CR. She did not notify the parents and she did not notify the school. She "attempted" to deal with this internally. This to me is the bigger issue at hand - kids will make stupid decisions. However, adults - especially a teacher and a coach are expected to make smarter decisions. To try and cover this up is just unconscionable.

Well, wow. I didn't realize CR acted to cover this up. That takes it to a whole different level and I retract my earlier statement about not blaming CR.

And to the poster who thinks that just because we adults may have done stupid things as kids it's okay for our kids to do stupid things, WHAT??? Is that the moral code you are imparting to your kids? I did stupid stuff and I for sure am trying to make sure my kids don't repeat my mistakes. Don't lower the bar, raise it!

Their are multiple problems with this situation. The first is that is that it was a group of kids stealing. It was not a small amount -it wasn't a candy bar. It was a lot! The second big issue is that this was attempted to be covered up by CR. She did not notify the parents and she did not notify the school. She "attempted" to deal with this internally. This to me is the bigger issue at hand - kids will make stupid decisions. However, adults - especially a teacher and a coach are expected to make smarter decisions. To try and cover this up is just unconscionable.

Well, wow. I didn't realize CR acted to cover this up. That takes it to a whole different level and I retract my earlier statement about not blaming CR.

And to the poster who thinks that just because we adults may have done stupid things as kids it's okay for our kids to do stupid things, WHAT??? Is that the moral code you are imparting to your kids? I did stupid stuff and I for sure am trying to make sure my kids don't repeat my mistakes. Don't lower the bar, raise it!

CR NEVER COVERED UP ANY OF THIS STOP THE BS

YES HE DID!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the moral crusaders?? C'mon, let's hear it? Slam a bunch of teenage girls but whitewashing you own discretions? DWI is a crime, far worse than shoplifting. Waiting to hear from you LOSERS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the moral crusaders?? C'mon, let's hear it? Slam a bunch of teenage girls but whitewashing you own discretions? DWI is a crime, far worse than shoplifting. Waiting to hear from you LOSERS?

I fail to see how trying to make two wrongs equal a right makes US losers. Wrong is wrong. Driving drunk is wrong. Shoplifting is wrong. Stop trying to whitewash what the girls did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I fail to see how trying to make two wrongs equal a right makes US losers. Wrong is wrong. Driving drunk is wrong. Shoplifting is wrong. Stop trying to whitewash what the girls did.

Still haven't read what I originally posted, I said they were wrong, let the punishment fit the crime. Community service or even a suspension seems appropriate. Kicking them off the team seems extreme, waiting for you moral superstars to STOP driving NOW since you have previously driven a car while intoxicated. Seems fair to me, you drove drunk, were never caught, but hey, we are morally superior people, so put the car away for six months, just like if you were caught. DWI is worse than shoplifting. Pu$$ies. Teenage girls are okay to be shamed, not you martini sipping [lacrosse] bags.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, the only poster who has the balls to even bring up DWI uses the Ten Commandments as a moral base. Pretty sure it was a joke, but all of you who posted are full of $hit. Losers, no problem sucking back six martinis with the wife at dinner and then driving home, that's okay, but a group of teenage girls shoplift and the hangman's noose comes out. Pathetic clowns.

Yeah just keep enabling your daughter with that attitude.

And hey worse comes to worse they get three squares a day up at Sing Sing right??

Because these guys drink and drive.. right?? Lets keep perspective..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The CR supporters are just trying to keep the focus off of her and how she handled the situation. Yes two wrongs don't make a right. The girls made a huge mistake (wrong #1) and then there was an attempt to hide it - from the rest of the team, the parents and the school (wrong#2).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, a group of you state the girls did this heinous crime (shoplifting) and the appropriate penalty is expulsion from the team. That these girls should not be forgive, fine, I say if you have that much moral courage, then stop driving, because I know you have done it. We all have. Has your child ever seen you have a few drinks then get behind the wheel? EVER? Is that the "attitude" you are teaching her? When will she kill someone or herself behind the wheel intoxicated? Again, you are pompous a$$ holes. Glass houses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know they're not mandatory for varsity lacrosse
Are helmets mandatory for girls in middle school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know they're not mandatory for varsity lacrosse
Are helmets mandatory for girls in middle school

Next year allegedly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Northport couldn't "steal" a victory today. Maybe they were "robbed" by the refs? That would have been "criminal".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport has a big game coming up vs Ward Melville, no way those girls are being suspended for that game.

We will be fine without them.

Didn't look to fine today. Add Northport to the list of teams underestimating Ward Melville this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully they can steal a win today over WM. If the refs don't rob them of any calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, a group of you state the girls did this heinous crime (shoplifting) and the appropriate penalty is expulsion from the team. That these girls should not be forgive, fine, I say if you have that much moral courage, then stop driving, because I know you have done it. We all have. Has your child ever seen you have a few drinks then get behind the wheel? EVER? Is that the "attitude" you are teaching her? When will she kill someone or herself behind the wheel intoxicated? Again, you are pompous a$$ holes. Glass houses

If this were Chaminade or SA kids they would be getting crushed be everyone in sight, the fact that some of you find this ok or a minor indiscretion is very surprising. Clearly none of the kids involved want for anything in life, it's just more of what's wrong with us as a society - nobody is ever held accountable for their behavior and the are all very aware of that fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport has a big game coming up vs Ward Melville, no way those girls are being suspended for that game.

Didn't look to fine today. Add Northport to the list of teams underestimating Ward Melville this year

Rose can't cover this one up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wm would've never won if np had their starters. It's ok. See ya in the playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And so it begins. I saw plenty of northport starters on that field today and they couldn't get it done. EC and DP couldn't buy a goal today. Oh wait, they don't buy, they steal!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why didn't you have your starters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many starters were you missing. Have a short bench?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs called a fair game for both teams I feel, but of course Northport was probably robbed anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't CR from the YJ? Why would she try and cover this up and ruin her reputation? The kids got caught stealing. More then a certain $$ amount is a felony. They need to learn a lesson. What should that lesson be? If you were caught drinking and driving you would surely get arrested. So you are saying these girls should get arrested? Your photo would also be in the papers and possibly the Newspaper. I think you should stop the comparison of did you ever drink and drive. The fact is these kids GOT caught! A crime is a crime and you can't sweep it away as easy if you get caught. Sorry CR!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan of wm but despise np so congrats!! Nice to see karma
Work it's magic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And so it begins. I saw plenty of northport starters on that field today and they couldn't get it done. EC and DP couldn't buy a goal today. Oh wait, they don't buy, they steal!!!!

What a classless Ward Melville parent. Doesn't shock me there, always seems like crybabies at games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rose can't cover this one up

It all started when CR stole his look from Dusty Rhodes way back when

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR NEVER COVERED UP ANY OF THIS STOP THE BS

YES HE DID!

This made me laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't CR from the YJ? Why would she try and cover this up and ruin her reputation? The kids got caught stealing. More then a certain $$ amount is a felony. They need to learn a lesson. What should that lesson be? If you were caught drinking and driving you would surely get arrested. So you are saying these girls should get arrested? Your photo would also be in the papers and possibly the Newspaper. I think you should stop the comparison of did you ever drink and drive. The fact is these kids GOT caught! A crime is a crime and you can't sweep it away as easy if you get caught. Sorry CR!

Also now a part of the women's pro league. Bad timing for bad press.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're going to cast stones and gossip, you obviously don't know that slander is as equal a sin as shoplifting and drinking and driving. It may make you feel good to put others down but in reality... you're exactly the same! Not exactly... these are kids are still learning form their mistakes. We all know your character has been shaped already because we see your slanderous posts day after day. Maybe you should be suspended from this site! GO AWAY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a classless Ward Melville parent. Doesn't shock me there, always seems like crybabies at games.

Classless WM? Dont get it, I think that is a witty comeback from the OP.

I've seen Suffolk/Nassau girls the past 6 years they are all crybabies when they don't get their way and now NP has an issue which is indefenseable and people are defending it. Are they trying to gloss it over make comparisons or contain the communication of an issue involving a minor. the punishment must fit the crime and there is a difference between cover up and containing the situation... which is it. if CR did try to cover it up then she needs to be fired as a teacher and coach. If contain then I commend her.

There is no gray to this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could not agree more. They do not belong playing public schools. I personally care because you child goes to public school where the talent is what it is you make the best of it when you have a school like CBA you have your pick of stud athletes and you put them on one team it's like Saint Anthony's. They should not be playing in a public school competition

Based on all sports, I don't think any "stud" athletes go to friends. Who cares!

Exactly. Nobody complains about Friends Academy playing in a weak public school division because they don't have strong players and have very weak coaching!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still haven't read what I originally posted, I said they were wrong, let the punishment fit the crime. Community service or even a suspension seems appropriate. Kicking them off the team seems extreme, waiting for you moral superstars to STOP driving NOW since you have previously driven a car while intoxicated. Seems fair to me, you drove drunk, were never caught, but hey, we are morally superior people, so put the car away for six months, just like if you were caught. DWI is worse than shoplifting. Pu$$ies. Teenage girls are okay to be shamed, not you martini sipping [lacrosse] bags.

You're a moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So these kids get caught stealing, It is either a misdemeanor or felony but yet they are going to still be on the team? Yes then i do blame Carol Rose if she allows this type of behavior. She is the coach and ultimately those are her players representing her and the school. All involved should be kicked off the team. I mean really just a suspension?

So these kids get caught stealing, It is either a misdemeanor or felony but yet they are going to still be on the team? Yes then i do blame Carol Rose if she allows this type of behavior. She is the coach and ultimately those are her players representing her and the school. All involved should be kicked off the team. I mean really just a suspension?

WOW. This stuff comes full circle. 6-7 years ago BOTC was lit up about the Top Gun girls caught shop lifting at National Draw ( before that tournament hit the skids). Back then many piled on about other shoplifting incidents inluding YJ and almost all the other clubs from many states through the years. My ears are ringing as it all sounds so familiar. Now it is school based, but obviously this stuff happens unfortunately across a broad spectrum. I said this many years ago, being involved in the vendor city aspect of lacrosse, shoplifting is an extreme problem at many of these lacrosse tournaments and other sport venues. But this was not at a tournament. Here is some advice to any would be shoplifters....Universal studios deals with shoplifters every second of every day, they have a staff looking and waiting for you, watching and videotaping your every move. Is it really a wise target? Getting caught should not be the deciding factor of doing something stupid, kids today have to learn to do the right thing!

And 2 years ago an Elevate 2018 girl committed a blatant anti-semetic act - while the school did suspend her, Elevate and DK just turned a blind eye. My daughter played on that team and we were so appalled we never went back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most parents of teams are crybabies in the towns that have good teams. They whine over ever little thing when a team fouls them, they want the call, but when there team fouls its let the kids play. I hate seeing our parents like that, it annoys me. Most of the parents out there try to live through there children because they weren't good enough to do this themselves. When you play a weaker team, you don't really here much from parents on the sidelines with there little crybaby ways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classless WM? Dont get it, I think that is a witty comeback from the OP.

I've seen Suffolk/Nassau girls the past 6 years they are all crybabies when they don't get their way and now NP has an issue which is indefenseable and people are defending it. Are they trying to gloss it over make comparisons or contain the communication of an issue involving a minor. the punishment must fit the crime and there is a difference between cover up and containing the situation... which is it. if CR did try to cover it up then she needs to be fired as a teacher and coach. If contain then I commend her.

There is no gray to this

There was no "containing" this. This was a cover up. If it was to be contained then the parents of the girls would have been notified right away. There would have been a team meeting to let everyone know what happened and what the punishment was going to be. This did NOT happen. This was a cover up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moron.

Takes a real man to bash teenage girls. Probably couldn't get a date in HS, found some hag to marry you, now you bully teen girls for revenge. Loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So these teens committed a felony? You know this? Again a group of middle aged men casting stones at teen girls, this is just sad. If you are going to take the moral high ground then hold yourself to these standards, otherwise, take your beer belly and receding hairline and put the [lacrosse] tail down and stop driving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Once again, a group of you state the girls did this heinous crime (shoplifting) and the appropriate penalty is expulsion from the team. That these girls should not be forgive, fine, I say if you have that much moral courage, then stop driving, because I know you have done it. We all have. Has your child ever seen you have a few drinks then get behind the wheel? EVER? Is that the "attitude" you are teaching her? When will she kill someone or herself behind the wheel intoxicated? Again, you are pompous a$$ holes. Glass houses

So these teens committed a felony? You know this? Again a group of middle aged men casting stones at teen girls, this is just sad. If you are going to take the moral high ground then hold yourself to these standards, otherwise, take your beer belly and receding hairline and put the [lacrosse] tail down and stop driving.

They committed a crime and should be held accountable for their actions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida Shoplifting Criminal Penalties
Shoplifting property with a total combined value of more than $300 and less than $20,000; or if the item taken is a firearm or certain other items. Third degree grand theft (third degree felony).

So if what the girls stole was > $300, and I believe I read above it was valued at $600, then yes, it was a felony.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shoplifting property with a total combined value of more than $300 and less than $20,000; or if the item taken is a firearm or certain other items. Third degree grand theft (third degree felony).

So if what the girls stole was > $300, and I believe I read above it was valued at $600, then yes, it was a felony.

They are juveniles, get over it middle aged men! Juveniles are treated differently in the CRJ system, for a reason, so bad choices don't chase them for life. Let's be real here okay hypocrites, if these girls were on a LOSING lacrosse team, that was not beating your daughter's team, none of you would care. Now, if these girls are suspended or better yet kicked off the team, your little princess may have a chance to win something. That is the TRUTH, again, you hold children to a higher standard than yourself, you pathetic losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are juveniles, get over it middle aged men! Juveniles are treated differently in the CRJ system, for a reason, so bad choices don't chase them for life. Let's be real here okay hypocrites, if these girls were on a LOSING lacrosse team, that was not beating your daughter's team, none of you would care. Now, if these girls are suspended or better yet kicked off the team, your little princess may have a chance to win something. That is the TRUTH, again, you hold children to a higher standard than yourself, you pathetic losers.

1. I'm not a man.
2. I don't drink and drive.
3. I do hold my children to a high standard, as I believe we all should.
4. My kids are not in the same division as Northport so that argument is irrelevant.
5. You look like the biggest loser for trying to justify what they did.

What do you think the consequences should be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over it?? Thats the problem with parents today. There is much more to life than girls lacrosse. How about morals, class or just plain doing the right thing. 15-17 year olds know btwn right and wrong and if they don't, their parents did a horrible job raising them. BTW 16 & 17 yr olds are not juveniles!

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 214 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard