BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 75 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter committed to Villanova as a 2018 and she is regretting it every second. The team is terrible and the coach will probably be gone by the time she gets there. What the heck is going on at that school? The school has such a proud history of great sports .. how does the AD let her destroy this program?

you go to villanova for a top level education you moron. Womens lax is a game that no one cares about except us parents. If my kid could get in to Villa with either grades or lax I would be jumping up and down

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you have to call me a moron? Everyone else offered great insights and a lot of information, particularly about the Head Coach and her relationship with the team. I'm shocked about the university commitment to woman's lax.
I want my daughter to be happy balancing both a great education and a sport she loves. I'm not a moron. I'd like to see my daughter have an all around great experience. If she's miserable all year long with her lax commitment, how will she benefit from the awesome education that we expect of NOVA.

We were told by Young that she was finally ridding her team of the 2nd rate recruits that she was "stuck with" from her predecessor and now building a powerful Big East team. Not sure the $$ my daughter earned will be worth it.

As a note from this moron, there are some pretty amazing schools out there that have tremendous woman's lax programs. Princeton, UPENN, Bucknell, Georgetown, Vanderbilt and several others.

Not sure we should be settling for a miserable coach at a great school. We might not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter committed to Villanova as a 2018 and she is regretting it every second. The team is terrible and the coach will probably be gone by the time she gets there. What the heck is going on at that school? The school has such a proud history of great sports .. how does the AD let her destroy this program?

you go to villanova for a top level education you moron. Womens lax is a game that no one cares about except us parents. If my kid could get in to Villa with either grades or lax I would be jumping up and down

So let me get this right.... You are calling this parent a moron. The same parent who has a daughter that got $$ to go to Villanova to play lacrosse on a D1team.

Yet you admit that your kid doesn't have either the athletic skills nor the brains to do even step on campus. And then you make a statement that NO ONE cares about woman's lax. Apparently you have passed down the "moron and spaz" gene to your entire family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you have to call me a moron? Everyone else offered great insights and a lot of information, particularly about the Head Coach and her relationship with the team. I'm shocked about the university commitment to woman's lax.
I want my daughter to be happy balancing both a great education and a sport she loves. I'm not a moron. I'd like to see my daughter have an all around great experience. If she's miserable all year long with her lax commitment, how will she benefit from the awesome education that we expect of NOVA.

We were told by Young that she was finally ridding her team of the 2nd rate recruits that she was "stuck with" from her predecessor and now building a powerful Big East team. Not sure the $$ my daughter earned will be worth it.

As a note from this moron, there are some pretty amazing schools out there that have tremendous woman's lax programs. Princeton, UPENN, Bucknell, Georgetown, Vanderbilt and several others.

Not sure we should be settling for a miserable coach at a great school. We might not.

Here is my advice. And this comes from experience. RUN!!!!
My daughter was miserable and cried for 2 straight years under this coach. That woman has ice running though her veins. And my daughter was a starter for her entire career at Nova. How do you think she treated the girls on the bench? Assistant coaches always talked behind her back. It was a very confusing time for these girls. My daughter graduated and never fully told us how miserable she was because she felt obligated to the money she was getting to help with her education. At the time, we assumed it was just coaches tough love but after graduating my daughter let it all out. I'd give that money back in a second for a better overall college experience. Hopefully she's gone by the time your daughter gets there. She should be. If not, Run!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard similar things about Nova staff. As a 2019 parent I have seen very, very good players turned away by the head coach some of which who gone on to commit to top D1 programs. My daughter had been to several clinics and prospect days at Nova and at almost all of them she came out feeling the same way about head coach... not good, couldn't put her finger on it but just a bad vibe. It's too bad bc they are definitely falling behind and losing talented players bc of her. I'm hoping something changes. It's unfortunate bc you would think that a school like Nova should be competitive both academically and athletically. That's the good thing about a verbal, you can always change your mind. Your child's happiness and success is the most important thing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I completely agree with your assessment about the entire experience and how critical lax is as a major time commitment for these girls. I am not sure how you are judging "great lax programs", but if it is by wins and losses Bucknell and Vanderbilt are not very good examples. Vanderbilt has not had a winning season since 2010 and Bucknell has two since 2005.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that to be an interesting comment form Young considering she recruited the present freshmen, sophomores and juniors...3/4 of the team! She's just a bad coach and a horrible person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard similar things about Nova staff. As a 2019 parent I have seen very, very good players turned away by the head coach some of which who gone on to commit to top D1 programs. My daughter had been to several clinics and prospect days at Nova and at almost all of them she came out feeling the same way about head coach... not good, couldn't put her finger on it but just a bad vibe. It's too bad bc they are definitely falling behind and losing talented players bc of her. I'm hoping something changes. It's unfortunate bc you would think that a school like Nova should be competitive both academically and athletically. That's the good thing about a verbal, you can always change your mind. Your child's happiness and success is the most important thing.

Does anybody think its any different at Florida, Hofstra, Northwestern and many other programs known to have crazy coaches? The stories coming from these schools are no different, the only difference is FL and NW win...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anybody think its any different at Florida, Hofstra, Northwestern and many other programs known to have crazy coaches? The stories coming from these schools are no different, the only difference is FL and NW win...

That was exactly my point on my original post. We have no issue with having selected a great academic school that has a coach who runs a team with a "tough love" hardline approach. Potentially a "crazy coach" But year after year with win/loss records of 3-14, 3-15, 1-8 in your conference ?? Come on!!

What is apparent from the feedback on these posts is that her players and assistants don't like her, she's nasty, and they don't play for her. And THAT is reflected in her record. If your going to be a crazy coach at least WIN.

My questions was "How does the AD ignore that?" Give me a great academic school with a tough "crazy" coach that the girls respect/play for and the wins will come. And ..... the girls will be happy. They are competitors their entire life. The last thing they want to do is end their athletic careers under the direction of misery.

We were blindsided by responses to our post. The character and capabilities of Coach Young are deeply troubling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Young will end her awesome season by beating up on Butler's 1-15 team and then tell her team "Great job, we ended the season strong, it's a rebuilding year. Now give me my check and I'll see you next year"

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Villanova coach is dumb and lazy, I know of a recruit who would of gone to Nova and wanted to commit at the clinic. The coach never made an offer and now this kid is committed to BC. Seems she needs to be fired as Villanova should be better as it is a nice school. Its very similar to BC and Georgetown so it should be able to draw those type of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island girls Ohlmiller and Apuzzo best in the country right now. Love watching them both, Apuzzo does everything right, KO is a human highlight reel. Both don't get credit, both have put together better seasons than McCool. These lax media outlets hype some players up and they don't even deserve it.
Both are pretty good but far behind Ronbeck at Florida

Not disputing Ronbeck is a very solid player, but if you can't recognize what Ohlmiller is doing right now, you are oblivious. She is putting together one of the bet statistical seasons ever produced. But forget that, go watch what she is doing, without putting numbers on anything, she is doing amazing things on the field, jaw dropping, omg play after play. Obviously all the lacrosse media outlet also agree as she owns nearly all the highlight reel action too. This is not to put Ronbeck down, or any other player, but this kid is playing on another planet right now, I have been following D1 for well over a decade and have seen all of the greats through that time play. This kid is right there with any of them. As a side note, I am not a fan of SBU. Oddly enough I am a gator fan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Villanova coach is dumb and lazy, I know of a recruit who would of gone to Nova and wanted to commit at the clinic. The coach never made an offer and now this kid is committed to BC. Seems she needs to be fired as Villanova should be better as it is a nice school. Its very similar to BC and Georgetown so it should be able to draw those type of players.

Had similar issues. Never got a real answer from the coach or assistants. Talked in circles. Made several visits for clinics and meetings. Had required GPA and exam scores... Just got strung along. Glad we went elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island girls Ohlmiller and Apuzzo best in the country right now. Love watching them both, Apuzzo does everything right, KO is a human highlight reel. Both don't get credit, both have put together better seasons than McCool. These lax media outlets hype some players up and they don't even deserve it.

Not disputing Ronbeck is a very solid player, but if you can't recognize what Ohlmiller is doing right now, you are oblivious. She is putting together one of the bet statistical seasons ever produced. But forget that, go watch what she is doing, without putting numbers on anything, she is doing amazing things on the field, jaw dropping, omg play after play. Obviously all the lacrosse media outlet also agree as she owns nearly all the highlight reel action too. This is not to put Ronbeck down, or any other player, but this kid is playing on another planet right now, I have been following D1 for well over a decade and have seen all of the greats through that time play. This kid is right there with any of them. As a side note, I am not a fan of SBU. Oddly enough I am a gator fan.

Sorry but neither of those two are the best players in the country. KO may be the best offensive player (debatable) but she does nothing on the draw circle and nothing on the defensive side. She has put up those numbers against mostly weak competition. There are several players that make a much bigger impact on the overall game.If the Tewaaraton award went to the kid with the most behind the back goals or high light shots( even when not needed) then yes she would be at the top of the list. Give me a player that score goals, gets assists, gets draw controls,ground balls, involved in the clear, gets turn overs ,and plays lock down defense over the kid that has a knack for the trick shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Putting up 10-12 points against some very bad teams to make her best statistical season ever? she is unreal, but save the numbers...her teammate had 100 goals last year remember?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick a school that your kid would like to stay at if she quit, got hurt, changed coaches or never played again. If you looking at schools based entirely based on lax and a coach you are going to be disappointed. Only about half of all girls play for four years. Think about that for a second. Good Luck!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but neither of those two are the best players in the country. KO may be the best offensive player (debatable) but she does nothing on the draw circle and nothing on the defensive side. She has put up those numbers against mostly weak competition. There are several players that make a much bigger impact on the overall game.If the Tewaaraton award went to the kid with the most behind the back goals or high light shots( even when not needed) then yes she would be at the top of the list. Give me a player that score goals, gets assists, gets draw controls,ground balls, involved in the clear, gets turn overs ,and plays lock down defense over the kid that has a knack for the trick shot.

apuzzo is a more complete player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She plays attack Einstein.
So you would like to go back to all the previous Tewaaraton award winners who played attack and strip them of that because they were not mid fielders?
When players are truly great, they attract the jealous haters, she is obviously a truly great player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that to be an interesting comment form Young considering she recruited the present freshmen, sophomores and juniors...3/4 of the team! She's just a bad coach and a horrible person.

Maybe the parents should run up to the school like they do in HS and MS and complain about the coach to the AD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was exactly my point on my original post. We have no issue with having selected a great academic school that has a coach who runs a team with a "tough love" hardline approach. Potentially a "crazy coach" But year after year with win/loss records of 3-14, 3-15, 1-8 in your conference ?? Come on!!

What is apparent from the feedback on these posts is that her players and assistants don't like her, she's nasty, and they don't play for her. And THAT is reflected in her record. If your going to be a crazy coach at least WIN.

My questions was "How does the AD ignore that?" Give me a great academic school with a tough "crazy" coach that the girls respect/play for and the wins will come. And ..... the girls will be happy. They are competitors their entire life. The last thing they want to do is end their athletic careers under the direction of misery.

We were blindsided by responses to our post. The character and capabilities of Coach Young are deeply troubling.

Hofstra is a far cry from Nova academically, but they're willing to put up with a crazy/abusive coach... you know why? because nobody on campuscares about any sports other than football and basketball - the revenue producers that pay for all the other sports

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Hofstra is a far cry from Nova academically, but they're willing to put up with a crazy/abusive coach... you know why? because nobody on campuscares about any sports other than football and basketball - the revenue producers that pay for all the other sports

I have posted this before. I'm a 'Nova graduate. Great school without question. Engineering, Nursing, Business schools all great. It's a basketball and track school. They have had success football-wise but it was dropped when I was there (giving away my age). Basketball and track. They have put money in baseball and have a wonderful complex off campus as space is tight on campus. Many sports compete for limited time and space.

It is true they might be losing good lacrosse talent but admissions doesn't care. They are getting some pretty good academic talent. It is not a large school. Look where the money (donated) is going--the Finnerty Pavilion. Who uses that? Basketball and track. The coach came from Haverford down the road; another wonderful school with a so-so lacrosse program (and don't dismiss D3 lacrosse--it's competitive). But I don't see a culture change with regards to Women's lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same experience with Nova. Went to prospect day and talked to staff etc. Wasnt impressed at all and scratched it off list immediately. Yes school is good but if your going to play a sport in addition your kid better be happy! My daughter committed to a much better program and academically in line with Nova . Something is wrong there and I have heard it from many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same experience with Nova. Went to prospect day and talked to staff etc. Wasnt impressed at all and scratched it off list immediately. Yes school is good but if your going to play a sport in addition your kid better be happy! My daughter committed to a much better program and academically in line with Nova . Something is wrong there and I have heard it from many.

It's amazing. Not one person has come to the defense of this Villanova coach. She sounds like a real winner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm..Hofstra stopped Football 10 years ago...and thinking BBall aint producing much revenue at Hofstra either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke eliminated from NCAA tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm..Hofstra stopped Football 10 years ago...and thinking BBall aint producing much revenue at Hofstra either

Which illustrates how little they care...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did this surprise anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it that this player that is so far ahead of everyone in the county (according to you) is not even on the Tewaaroton watch list? All the others you have dismissed are still on there, as well as three girls from Florida.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

rediculous. hot seat? absolutely sb gone. legacy coach so probably not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it that this player that is so far ahead of everyone in the county (according to you) is not even on the Tewaaroton watch list? All the others you have dismissed are still on there, as well as three girls from Florida.
Maybe you should read the list again because she is on it. or better yet here it isfor you

Women’s Watch List:
Sam Apuzzo , Boston College – Soph., Attack
Kasey Behr, Virginia – Jr., Midfield
Maggie Bill, North Carolina – Jr., Midfield
Taylor Bresnahan, Florida – Sr., Defense
Sammi Burgess, Florida – Sr., Attack
Madison Carter, Penn State – Soph., Attack
Alex Condon, Penn – Jr., Midfield
Maddie Crutchfield, Duke – Jr., Midfield
Ellie DeGarmo, Princeton – Sr., Goalie
Riley Donahue, Syracuse – Jr., Attack
Christina Esposito, Northwestern – Redshirt Sr., Attack
Erica Evans, Canisius College – Jr., Midfield
Caroline Fitzgerald, Florida – Sr., Defense
Cortney Fortunato, Notre Dame – Sr., Attack
Nadine Hadnagy, Maryland – Sr., Defense
Kyra Harney, Duke – Jr., Attack
Molly Hendrick, North Carolina – Sr., Attack
Olivia Hompe, Princeton – Sr., Attack
Gussie Johns, USC – Jr., Goalie
Kenzie Kent, Boston College – Jr., Attack
Emily Kenul, Johns Hopkins – Jr., Attack
Darby Kiernan, Colorado – Jr., Attack
Selena Lasota, Northwestern – Jr., Attack
Steph Lazo, Penn State – Sr., Attack
Nicole Levy, Syracuse – Soph., Attack
Sarah Martin, Albany – Sr., Midfield
Bailey Mathis, Loyola – Sr., Defense
Marie McCool, North Carolina – Jr., Midfield
Michaela Michael, USC – Sr., Attack
Kaitlyn Montalbano, Towson – Jr., Midfield
Courtney Murphy, Stony Brook – Sr., Attack
Hannah Murphy, Massachusetts – Sr., Midfield
Kelsey Murray, Stanford – Redshirt Jr., Attack
Kylie Ohlmiller, Stony Brook – Jr., Attack
Casey Pearsall, Notre Dame – Sr., Midfield
Shayna Pirreca, Florida – Jr., Attack
Carly Reed, North Carolina – Sr., Midfield
Lindsey Ronbeck, Florida – Soph., Attack----------------------------------------------------
Haley Schweizer, Johns Hopkins – Sr., Midfield
Maura Schwitter, Duke – Sr., Defense
Catie Smith, Cornell – Sr., Defense
Abby Smucker, Penn State – Sr., Midfield
Paige Soenksen, Colorado – Sr., Goalie
Zoe Stukenberg, Maryland – Sr., Midfield
Lydia Sutton, USC – Jr., Defense
Sammy Jo Tracy, North Carolina – Sr., Attack
Dorrien Van Dyke, Stony Brook – Sr., Midfield
Haley Warden, James Madison – Jr., Midfield
Caylee Waters, North Carolina – Sr., Goalie
Megan Whittle, Maryland – Jr., Attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should read the list again because she is on it. or better yet here it isfor you

Women’s Watch List:
Lindsey Ronbeck, Florida – Soph., Attack----------------------------------------------------

Your looking at an old list

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Women’s Watch List:

It came off the Tewaaroton web site yesterday, are you saying they don't have the updated list but you do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra beat Stony Brook yesterday!

(Not counting the 17-0 lead they spotted them.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The list is now down to 25 players:

The 25 women's nominees:

Sam Apuzzo, Boston College - Soph., Attack
Sammi Burgess, Florida - Sr., Attack
Madison Carter, Penn State - Soph., Attack
Alex Condon, Penn - Jr., Midfield
Ellie DeGarmo, Princeton - Sr., Goalie
Riley Donahue, Syracuse - Jr., Attack
Erica Evans, Canisius - Jr., Midfield
Caroline Fitzgerald, Florida - Sr., Defense
Cortney Fortunato, Notre Dame - Sr., Attack
Nadine Hadnagy, Maryland - Sr., Defense
Molly Hendrick, North Carolina - Sr., Attack
Olivia Hompe, Princeton - Sr., Attack
Darby Kiernan, Colorado - Jr., Attack
Steph Lazo, Penn State - Sr., Attack
Sarah Martin, Albany - Sr., Midfield
Marie McCool, North Carolina - Jr., Midfield
Michaela Michael, USC - Sr., Attack
Kylie Ohlmiller, Stony Brook - Jr., Attack
Catie Smith, Cornell - Sr., Defense
Paige Soenksen, Colorado - Sr., Goalie
Mollie Stevens, Florida - Sr., Attack
Zoe Stukenberg, Maryland - Sr., Midfield
Megan Taylor, Maryland - Soph., Goalie
Dorrien Van Dyke, Stony Brook - Sr., Midfield
Megan Whittle, Maryland - Jr., Attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Women’s Watch List:

It came off the Tewaaroton web site yesterday, are you saying they don't have the updated list but you do?

I guess so. The list you posted is a watch list. Players to watch that they think may have an impact this year, midway through season they add players who are making an impact. The list of 25 are actual nominees for the tewaaraton award for 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While on the subject of Coach Young of Villanova...Classy coach. She gets rocked all season long so decides to unload (22-5) on a struggling Butler team (1-16).

Classy lady!!!!! Way to end another 4-12 season by piling on another struggling program. Go collect your check and enjoy summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ACC is looking like trash this year, from watching that tournament BC and UNC are the only teams that look dangerous for NCAAs. The Big Ten is the best conference this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ACC is looking like trash this year, from watching that tournament BC and UNC are the only teams that look dangerous for NCAAs. The Big Ten is the best conference this year.

Seriously, you are obviously a NW fan...MD and Penn State legit ...thats it in that conference

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big Ten has two excellent teams this season. As they did last season. NW and Hopkins won't make any noise this month (If Hopkins even gets in the tournament).

ACC will do fine in the tournament. Trash is a little harsh for rest of ACC. Syracuse and UVA could win a game or two. ACC should get 6-7 teams into tournament.

Ivy should get 3 teams in Princeton and Penn look strongest and could win a couple of games.

MPSF: USC and Colorado. USC will make final 8. Colorado will have to go through USC to advance.

Big East: Florida and Denver.... Only UF is for real.

America East: Stonybrook (and maybe Albany).

I don't think any of the other conferences pose any real threat...

Final 8: Maryland, Penn State, UNC, Syracuse, Florida, Stonybrook, USC and Penn (depending on brackets).

Tournament is Maryland's to lose. Should be a Maryland/UNC final again. UNC will have to play a full 60 minutes to compete (like they did last year). If they spot Maryland a lead like they did with Syracuse yesterday, they will be in for a long day.

Good luck to all the teams this week and on Selection Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for BC NOT a fan but they are playing very well

Page 55 of 75 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard