BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 267 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 266 267
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the poll does however take into account results of cross region games and tries to piece things together--however, the flaw is in the starting view on how strong a given team or region is--I don't think they are blindly picking teams--they do the best they can based on what limited information and band width that they have and of course there are always going to be morons like yourself that nit pick it or have your own bias or anti sentiment against a certain team or town or some argument in a vacuum to refute their efforts. Thanks for your effort of breaking a certain team down in an effort to substantiate your bias... remember, its a lot easier to break something down than it is to build it. Stay positive champ.

There in is the "flaw" in your inane attempt to salvage a lost argument; that being "you think". I so do not care what you "think". I care that there is zero substantiation of a 7 ranking by CHS based on not playing other than one team in the top 25.

Until that "flaw" is addressed in a cohesive and intelligent manner, without resorting to base insulting and otherwise noncontributory conjecture, then all other follow up statements are otherwise worthless drivel.

Have you gone through the other top 25 teams and performed an equally 'comprehensive' analysis of their competition to date? If not, you are are basing your assessment on what "you think" just as much as the premise of the argument you are critiquing. And stop writing like you are trying to impress a college professor - on a public, anonymous lacrosse board, it does not come off as impressive. Rather, it reeks of someone trying TOO hard to elevate their argument by means of nothing more than ostentatious lexicon.

considering the two long island catholic schools alone; they both play 5 games each of the top 25 as does Mc Donogh,...you can research the rest if you care to. at least those three teams belong there

So now you want to compare non-conference scheduling flexibility of catholic versus public schools?? Also, even IF they had the same flexibility, to take your position to its logical end, you believe that any school in any given year can simply pick all of its non-conference opponents autonomously, without any consideration for what those opponent schools might want. Sure!

You can also use all of the polysyllabic words you want (as could I, although I choose not to, lest I come off as the pompous [lacrosse] that you do), but it doesn't raise the level of your argument beyond the oversimplistic one you present and/or repeat, ad nauseum.

I sense a certain amount of pride being hurt there. poor fella frown

Not a CSH parent!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM spanked Smithtown West.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington lacrosse is a mess. What happened to this program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport with a nice win over Commack!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, Miller place keeps winning by playing a team game, they have actually been able to get more assists than goals in some games. Can anyone say the ultimate stat padding to try and get those "deserving " few some post season award they don't deserve.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, Miller place keeps winning by playing a team game, they have actually been able to get more assists than goals in some games. Can anyone say the ultimate stat padding to try and get those "deserving " few some post season award they don't deserve.

More assists than goals is possible in hockey, but definitely not in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that next they will win a game by scoring less goals than their opponent. Working magic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go Nassau, things will be sorted out shortly.
Syo vs Dalers today then Pequa Friday. Ports games next week.
Newsday has GC losing a game in conference, I dont see it, Syo isnt in their conference.
Lets see what happens in the Hewlt game tomorrow.
LV and CSH Friday not sure how much this game means, beside bragging rights for a few weeks. Hope it is close and nothing is gained from it. Will make rematch even better.

Sect XI Div 2 has a lot to be excited about. Both Div 1 and Div 2 have about 6 schools that could win it all. Why is Islip only ranked 4th by Sect power rankings? Div 2 should be a fun to watch. Not sure on how Div 2 is split up for playoff though, B/C/D qualifiers? Not really sure who is B/C/D any more.

Although i said there were 6 teams, I think the top 2 in Div 1 are WM and SE, they play on Thursday. Similar to the LV vs CSH game, not sure I want much of anything to come out of this game. I want to see them both in the Suffolk finals. The other 4 have a slight chance if they get a run going into playoffs. What happend to Bayshore? Could they surprise today or was it the weak early schedule that was a farse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 teams who i see in the playoffs
1 WM
2 Smith E
3 West Islip
4 Smith W
5 Hills East
6 Contqt
7 Rvrhead
8 Commack

The last 3 Spots in Div 1 Suffolk A playoff's, if truly 11 teams are competing, are between these teams

9 Northport
10 Lindy
11 Sachem East
----------------------------------
Sachem North
Bay Shore
PatMed
Whitman
but as the saying goes, if your not 1st your last!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at Miller place Stats. That's ridiculous. They have over a 90 percent assist record on goals. They actually have one game that they have more assists recorded than goals. Talk about stat padding. They should be embarrassed by the flagrant stat padding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday has GC losing a game in conference, I dont see it, Syo isnt in their conference.
LV and CSH Friday not sure how much this game means, beside bragging rights for a few weeks. Hope it is close and nothing is gained from it. Will make rematch even better.

Sect XI Div 2 has a lot to be excited about. Both Div 1 and Div 2 have about 6 schools that could win it all. Why is Islip only ranked 4th by Sect power rankings? Div 2 should be a fun to watch. Not sure on how Div 2 is split up for playoff though, B/C/D qualifiers? Not really sure who is B/C/D any more.

Although i said there were 6 teams, I think the top 2 in Div 1 are WM and SE, they play on Thursday. Similar to the LV vs CSH game, not sure I want much of anything to come out of this game. I want to see them both in the Suffolk finals. The other 4 have a slight chance if they get a run going into playoffs. What happend to Bayshore? Could they surprise today or was it the weak early schedule that was a farse.

B- has 6 teams in playoffs
C- has 6 teams and they have 4 of those top 6 teams
D- gets 3 teams in playoff (but the catch is only 2 schools are in D)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at Miller place Stats. That's ridiculous. They have over a 90 percent assist record on goals. They actually have one game that they have more assists recorded than goals. Talk about stat padding. They should be embarrassed by the flagrant stat padding.

I know this is BOTC but ever think this is an honest mistake we've all seen how the stats get called in. We've all seen the names be posted 2 times spelled differently.

Why not say wow what great team work, I for one love the "One More" pass for a score. Maybe it is teamwork and not individualistic goal achievement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The LV - CSH game will likely be dictated at the X, and as much as it pains me to say, with Ricciardi still there, it makes it tough for LV. LV was able to beat CSH in their regular season matchup last year, but Bonn made adjustments and the LV fogo was beaten up by the time of the Nassau C finals, and LV really never had enough possession to be in that game. When possession is more balanced, these two teams are more equal than you might think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just viewed a mp game online. Stats don't match facts. Not cool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this is BOTC but ever think this is an honest mistake we've all seen how the stats get called in. We've all seen the names be posted 2 times spelled differently.

Why not say wow what great team work, I for one love the "One More" pass for a score. Maybe it is teamwork and not individualistic goal achievement.

The problem is this, got to watch them play and beat my sons team easily. I never looked at the final stats because the game was not close, after reading this I went to take a look , the number of assists did not jive with my memory of the game. I thought maybe I remembered wrong so I took a look at the game film. MP had at best half the assists they gave credit for so a mistake , I think not. Curious if people think I should send the game film to section xi as those stats do have an influence on post season awards or just let it be, no my kid will not be getting a post season award .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just looked at newsday stats for curiosity.mp has about 121 goals with about 102 assists.as opposed to mt Sinai with about81 goals and about 35 assists. 121/102. Vs 81/35. Just very curious. I guess mp doesn't believe in any one taking it to the cage and scoring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just viewed a mp game online. Stats don't match facts. Not cool.

online how? Where? post so we can see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know what Division a team is in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know what Division a team is in?

Went to NYSTATE site for this year. Filtered for Sect 11 and loaded it into my database.

Hard part was crossing off the schools that do not have lax and those that combine to make a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Lynbrook plans on having a say on what teams will actually be in the "C" final... LV can't write their ticket to the finals just yet...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Lynbrook plans on having a say on what teams will actually be in the "C" final... LV can't write their ticket to the finals just yet...

Oh thats cute. Really it is.

You are 3rd in this pony show but I just dont see it. Was anyone hurt in this weeks game/loss to help me believe that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 4451 Brentwood High School
2043 William Floyd High School
2014 Longwood High School
1865 Patchogue-Medford High School
1786 Ward Melville Senior High School
1767 Sachem High School East
1710 Commack High School
1690 Sachem High School North
1539 Lindenhurst Senior High School
1537 Central Islip Senior High School
1515 Connetquot High School
1473 Northport Senior High School
1469 Bay Shore Senior High School
1436 Walt Whitman High School
1369 Half Hollow Hills High School East
1272 Riverhead Senior High School
1238 Smithtown High School-West
1224 Smithtown High School East
1200 Walter G O'Connell Copiague High School
1180 Newfield High School
1120 Centereach High School
1114 North Babylon High School
West Islip Senior High School
1087 Huntington High School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B 989 Deer Park High School
976 Bellport Senior High School
971 Half Hollow Hills High School West
944 West Babylon Senior High School
933 Kings Park High School
930 East Islip High School
928 Eastport-South Manor Junior Senior High School
912 Hauppauge High School
878 Comsewogue High School
837 Harborfields High School
794 Rocky Point High School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C 741 Westhampton Beach Senior High School
736 Sayville High School
716 Amityville Memorial High School
703 Islip High School
668 Miller Place High School
660 East Hampton High School
615 Shoreham-Wading River High School
599 Mount Sinai High School
581 Elwood/John Glenn High School
565 Bayport-Blue Point High School
500 Hampton Bays High School
485 Wyandanch Memorial High School
480 Southampton High School
433 Center Moriches High School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D 396 Babylon Junior-Senior High School
371 Mattituck Junior-Senior High School
282 Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School
279 Earl L Vandermeulen High School
249 Ross School
226 Stony Brook School (The)
213 Southold Junior-Senior High School
202 Pierson Middle/High School
190 Greenport High School
126 Smithtown Christian School
65 Shelter Island School
50 Bridgehampton School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B 989 Deer Park High School
976 Bellport Senior High School
971 Half Hollow Hills High School West
944 West Babylon Senior High School
933 Kings Park High School
930 East Islip High School
928 Eastport-South Manor Junior Senior High School
912 Hauppauge High School
878 Comsewogue High School
837 Harborfields High School
794 Rocky Point High School

Looks like it is
1 ESM
2 EI
3 Harborfields
4 Rocky Point
5 HHH West
6 Hauppauge
7 Comsewogue

Top 6 make the playoffs, correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 4451 Brentwood High School
2043 William Floyd High School
2014 Longwood High School
1865 Patchogue-Medford High School
1786 Ward Melville Senior High School
1767 Sachem High School East
1710 Commack High School
1690 Sachem High School North
1539 Lindenhurst Senior High School
1537 Central Islip Senior High School
1515 Connetquot High School
1473 Northport Senior High School
1469 Bay Shore Senior High School
1436 Walt Whitman High School
1369 Half Hollow Hills High School East
1272 Riverhead Senior High School
1238 Smithtown High School-West
1224 Smithtown High School East
1200 Walter G O'Connell Copiague High School
1180 Newfield High School
1120 Centereach High School
1114 North Babylon High School
West Islip Senior High School
1087 Huntington High School

Weird how some of these play in DIV 2, but are in A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Miller Place has 668, I believe 667 have assists this year .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still a good program moved up to Div 1 last year and made the playoffs. Pre season number 6th seed this year which resulted into a very tough schedule. Good team but suffered a couple of close losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The LV - CSH game will likely be dictated at the X, and as much as it pains me to say, with Ricciardi still there, it makes it tough for LV. LV was able to beat CSH in their regular season matchup last year, but Bonn made adjustments and the LV fogo was beaten up by the time of the Nassau C finals, and LV really never had enough possession to be in that game. When possession is more balanced, these two teams are more equal than you might think.

Last year CSH lost by a single goal in a regular season, very chippy, sloppy, emotional "bragging rights" game. Hats off to LV. But Please don't make excuses for the absolute 17-8 schooling that CSH put on LV in the playoffs.

As for this year, we have different opinions on the "more equal" thing but the teams will speak for themselves this Friday night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset wth a 7-4 won over Farmingdale. Farmingdale lost to Massapequa 7-5 earlier in the month. They play Port Washington on Saturday. Will they be able to put up some goals or again not execute their offense. Will they be able to hold Ports high scoring offense off the board. Will Port Washington win vs a good opponent. They seem to beat up on weak teams but fold under pressure versus good teams. Their 2 losses are vs North Shore and Southside. Well maybe not that good since Southside is 5-5. Syosset has Massapequa and Port Washington next. Port Washington has Farmingdale, Syosset, and Massapequa. Probably the toughest 3 games in a row of any of the teams in A. Massapequa has Syosset, Oceanside, and Port Washington next. Will Powers get the team to fire on all cylinders. A lot of things will be decided in the next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean the ONLY three games. Nassau A is the weakest conference. Look who they play. That conference is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean the ONLY three games. Nassau A is the weakest conference. Look who they play. That conference is a joke.

So which conference is not a joke? B with GC and Manhasset? Then who? Maybe South Side, Really tough conference. C has CSH and LV, then who? Give it a rest fella. A has at least Syosset, Farmingdale, Massapequa and Port. Plus Oceanside can give a game as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Miller Place has 668, I believe 667 have assists this year .

That was a good one - had you said 669 had assists I'd be rollin'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LV beat up on Lynbrook on Sat - the game was not as close as the final score might indicate - a number of late Gs by Lynbrook after being way down in 3rd Q.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So which conference is not a joke? B with GC and Manhasset? Then who? Maybe South Side, Really tough conference. C has CSH and LV, then who? Give it a rest fella. A has at least Syosset, Farmingdale, Massapequa and Port. Plus Oceanside can give a game as well.

And nobody can put up a fight in D against Oyster Bay - they could go years without a regular season loss in D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LV crushed Lynbrook despite LV winning maybe 2 faceoffs. Lynbrook was no match physically, with Lynbrook parents complaining that LV was the "cheapest" team they have seen. Lynbrook supervisor even had to tell the parents to act like adults. Lynbrook did make it closer at then end when LV subs were in, that comeback stopped dead when starters went back in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year CSH lost by a single goal in a regular season, very chippy, sloppy, emotional "bragging rights" game. Hats off to LV. But Please don't make excuses for the absolute 17-8 schooling that CSH put on LV in the playoffs.

As for this year, we have different opinions on the "more equal" thing but the teams will speak for themselves this Friday night.

LV never had the ball in the finals last year - it was all about the X. And LV was up by 2 or 3 in the regular season game until CSH scored a couple late Gs. And I agree that CSH took some very undisciplined penalties, especially late in the game. To me they were bad enough that were I Bonn, those players would have been riding the bench the next game. We shall see Friday night - if the faceoffs are closer to even than not, I expect a close game either way. But fully expect that they will see each other again in the C finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big one Thursday. WM vs. Smithtown East. Predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LV will not win a single faceoff against CSH this year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 267 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard