BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 102 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
cidkid
cidkid
It really shouldn't be a mystery that the coaches would have their son's on the team. Maybe you carry a larger roster to allow for the three spots given to the coaches sons, and still carry the 23 or whatever number is deemed to be the ideal number for the roster. I was present at the try-outs, and my son did not make the team. I personally though that he had a great try-out, but since I don't make those decisions, I had to go along with it like everyone else whose son was not offered a spot. My larger concern was that evaluations should be done by an impartial group that does not have a connection to one of the travel programs, and therefore no vested interest in who makes the team other then the best players. This goes back to Warrior or Brine or whoever delegates the selection process to local folks, rather then having a team that would travel from location to location doing the evaluations. I would have liked to see more diversity of players representing more teams and organizations, but when the teams were split one team (91 and Express A), and one team everyone else for the scrimmage part of the try-outs, it was pretty clear how things were going to go. As I mentioned in my post, I will definitely think twice before plunking down a couple hundred dollars for one of these try-outs again. I don't know about Joe Spallina, but I do know AJ was specifically asked to coach this team, it was not something he sought to do. I also don't believe the choice of putting his son on the team was completely his to make. Just my opinion.

Patrick Lough

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You totally missed the point Pat and what does AJ's pedigree have to do with it? His kid took away a spot of a kid who paid $185 and is most likely better and deserving of the spot. That is flat out wrong. Plenty of coaches out there doing their thing without having to compromise the integrity of a tryout. PAL is where Daddy coaches should be. When it comes to families laying out money, Daddy coach needs to put his personal situation aside and do what is right. If he can't, don't coach.

This could have all been avoided if Warrior put up a disclaimer prior to tryouts stating that the 3 coaches boys will be guaranteed a spot. Maybe 10 less kids show up but at least it would have been upfront and transparent.

Also, it was crap when you know who walked down the line counting a kid to a number and purposely skipped numbers around when they organized the game. You think the kids didn't realize that? You think the kids are stupid in 6th grade? Not! They know exactly what crap favoritism is and what it looks like. They come home and tell us what happened at the line up. when more than one kid says the same thing you realize they didn't make it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says Pat Lough

without a doubt plus the warrior rep who is coaching and somehow got 5 B team players on the team weird how that is going quiet in this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cidkid
Against my better judgement, I am writing this reply to several of things that have been posted about me, or several other people that are involved with the 2023 Lacrosse Community. I make it a practice to stay off of this website, because I think it has degenerated into a [lacrosse] and complaint site rather then it's original purpose, for people to share information about the Sport of Lacrosse.

I have coached the game of Lacrosse for better then fifteen years at both the PAL and travel levels, and been fortunate to be part of several quality organizations, such as my home town Rough Rider Program, the Long Island Outlaws, and the Long Island Express. I coached four years with the Outlaws and had the opportunity to coach a lot of great kids, and make some great friendships with their families. I have no issues with it's Leadership in Pat Brennan or his son's. I have a Great deal of respect for Mike Brennan as a coach and as a person, and I count him as a friend. My move to the Express with my sons was a personal choice made within my family. I currently have the opportunity to coach both a 2023 and a 2019 team with the Express, and I am fortunate to be able to continue to work with and learn from two Extremely Experienced Coaches in Karl Hedstrom and Doug Schrieber, and both of my sons are having very positive experiences, playing with their teams.

For those of you that make comments about AJ Haugen and especially his son, you should be ashamed of yourself. AJ's Lacrosse pedigree speaks for itself, different then a lot of people that hold themselves out as an authority on this website, and are all too quick to criticize those that coach! To call someone a scumbag, or a group of coaches scumbags is just ignorant and cowardice. More importantly anyone that makes disparaging remarks about any child on this website needs counseling. My son did not make AJ's team at last years try-outs, because he did not perform well enough at try-outs to warrant replacing one of the players on the team. He was the first to admit it, after the try-out results were posted.

I take exception with people making comments about either my son or myself under the protection of posting anonymously. Those of you whose sons I have coached, know that I care very much about the boys in my charge, and that I care about the experience that they have with me as their coach. Does my style gel with everyone, probably not, but isn't that usually the case. If you have an issue with me, have the courage to take it up with me directly.

For all the people that spend countless time on this website: If you don't like your sons travel organization, it's leadership or their coach, go somewhere else. There are plenty of choice available on Long Island. For those of you that don't like how the Empire, Brine or Warrior Teams are selected, speak with your wallet, and just don't try-out. Your sons future in the sport of lacrosse will not be defined by whether or not they make one of these teams in sixth grade.

I was recently told that Mike Chanenchuk Jr. was cut from the Empire team,when he tried out, and obviously things worked out OK for him.

I'll end this here, but not anonymously,

Patrick Lough

Wow what a great statement. Is your PAL team with all outlaws, honey badgers and such still playing in the D division of PAL and winning games by 10 goals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny also how posted and says"I dont ever post or read this site yet has posted twice in last hour. Playing Low level PAL w a team of travel players. you can sign your name and act the part but people know how you rant and rave. You even posted how your son had such a great tryout and should of made it. PLEASE We know you! You sign your name after ripping people to cover your tracks, Express will be better when your gone

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you think coaches coach their kids ? To get them on teams
I think it should have been assumed that the coaches sons would be on the team --- what's the incentive for them to coach ?
I think the problem is not fairly looking at the other 100 plus boys that tried out and divided the teams into express bandits and everyone else ---

You totally missed the point Pat and what does AJ's pedigree have to do with it? His kid took away a spot of a kid who paid $185 and is most likely better and deserving of the spot. That is flat out wrong. Plenty of coaches out there doing their thing without having to compromise the integrity of a tryout. PAL is where Daddy coaches should be. When it comes to families laying out money, Daddy coach needs to put his personal situation aside and do what is right. If he can't, don't coach.

This could have all been avoided if Warrior put up a disclaimer prior to tryouts stating that the 3 coaches boys will be guaranteed a spot. Maybe 10 less kids show up but at least it would have been upfront and transparent.

cidkid
cidkid
I knew this was a bad idea, my sixth grade PAL team if that is what you are speaking of has 16 players, four of which play for the Express, two that play for Igloo, and one that plays for the Outlaws, the other nine play spring PAL only. Sorry that it worked out that way, and we play in Division II.

cidkid
cidkid
Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guy never comes on this site is up to three posts in a few hours. Should of just said I don't usually sign my name lolol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I knew this was a bad idea, my sixth grade PAL team if that is what you are speaking of has 16 players, four of which play for the Express, two that play for Igloo, and one that plays for the Outlaws, the other nine play spring PAL only. Sorry that it worked out that way, and we play in Division II.

You play in division II. I guess enough people complained to PAL that you were playing in the D division the past few years. Yes you're a role model sorry people talked about you. I have 6 travel players on my team. How about the other teams with none in your division. Oh why don't you tell us about the scores of your games the past few years..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are a hater whose son is on the c team, didnt make warrior and his PAL team beat-- get a life buddy and some class

Funny also how posted and says"I dont ever post or read this site yet has posted twice in last hour. Playing Low level PAL w a team of travel players. you can sign your name and act the part but people know how you rant and rave. You even posted how your son had such a great tryout and should of made it. PLEASE We know you! You sign your name after ripping people to cover your tracks, Express will be better when your gone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and why dont you sign your name----- cant pick a PAL team ....loser get a life

You play in division II. I guess enough people complained to PAL that you were playing in the D division the past few years. Yes you're a role model sorry people talked about you. I have 6 travel players on my team. How about the other teams with none in your division. Oh why don't you tell us about the scores of your games the past few years..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you and BM should coach together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you play in the c division, white. So you have a travel starting line Up and are destroying teams. Your average game is won by 8 goals. I checked and can post scores of you like. Most Pal teams are good with 2-3 travel players who can control the game. You have 7, should be playing in B if not A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beat harborfields 8-1. Beat bayville 10-2. Beat bethpage 6-2. All with four goal rule. Outscored teams 24-5. PAL Parity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beat harborfields 8-1. Beat bayville 10-2. Beat bethpage 6-2. All with four goal rule. Outscored teams 24-5. PAL Parity.

He's used the same excuse each year that this is the division that PAL placed him in. Ha Ha ha. he is too funny. I like the post though but people here know you and have encountered you over the years so please go preach how it's about the kids someplace else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh you have the b###S to write your name, and count how many times he posted---

Guy never comes on this site is up to three posts in a few hours. Should of just said I don't usually sign my name lolol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What town is this? If it is who I think, he asked to play up and PAL didn't comply.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow just reading this conversation trail. You must have an axe to grind with Express, Warrior, Lough, AJ...? Psycho stalker is looking up PAL scores.... Come on man get down from the ledge. Its only 6th grade lacrosse!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok coach thanks for the score updates, sorry your team lost. If you were a better coach to the kids then maybe they would play competitively in games. So until you post your name and town to what you pos you aret just an angry failure to your son and team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rough Riders, and PAL didnt comply
must be a bethpage dad complaining probably the one that was escorted off the field

What town is this? If it is who I think, he asked to play up and PAL didn't comply.

Ok coach thanks for the score updates, sorry your team lost. If you were a better coach to the kids then maybe they would play competitively in games. So until you post your name and town to what you pos you aret just an angry failure to your son and team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank god there are games this week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town team is it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, a failure to my son. How is it sitting in the cheap seats. Not everyone can have 15 years experience as a coach. At least I can teach my kids how to write. Your amazing lacrosse player son will work for him some day and we will laugh about what a failure we were at PAL lacrosse in 6th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok angry daddy, sorry but your son won't amount to much especially if he is anything like you. Someone who posts anonymously and bashes people all because his son lost a game. You are in the running for loser of the yea, I bet your wife drives you from the games because your so angry that you lost....get over yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the unregistered anonymous poster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok angry daddy, sorry but your son won't amount to much especially if he is anything like you. Someone who posts anonymously and bashes people all because his son lost a game. You are in the running for loser of the yea, I bet your wife drives you from the games because your so angry that you lost....get over yourself

LOL,this coming from an anyonymous person bashing someone. You make this too easy. Apparently you are a more qualified candidate for loser of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we discussing PAL lololol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Against my better judgement, I am writing this reply to several of things that have been posted about me, or several other people that are involved with the 2023 Lacrosse Community. I make it a practice to stay off of this website, because I think it has degenerated into a [lacrosse] and complaint site rather then it's original purpose, for people to share information about the Sport of Lacrosse.

I have coached the game of Lacrosse for better then fifteen years at both the PAL and travel levels, and been fortunate to be part of several quality organizations, such as my home town Rough Rider Program, the Long Island Outlaws, and the Long Island Express. I coached four years with the Outlaws and had the opportunity to coach a lot of great kids, and make some great friendships with their families. I have no issues with it's Leadership in Pat Brennan or his son's. I have a Great deal of respect for Mike Brennan as a coach and as a person, and I count him as a friend. My move to the Express with my sons was a personal choice made within my family. I currently have the opportunity to coach both a 2023 and a 2019 team with the Express, and I am fortunate to be able to continue to work with and learn from two Extremely Experienced Coaches in Karl Hedstrom and Doug Schrieber, and both of my sons are having very positive experiences, playing with their teams.

For those of you that make comments about AJ Haugen and especially his son, you should be ashamed of yourself. AJ's Lacrosse pedigree speaks for itself, different then a lot of people that hold themselves out as an authority on this website, and are all too quick to criticize those that coach! To call someone a scumbag, or a group of coaches scumbags is just ignorant and cowardice. More importantly anyone that makes disparaging remarks about any child on this website needs counseling. My son did not make AJ's team at last years try-outs, because he did not perform well enough at try-outs to warrant replacing one of the players on the team. He was the first to admit it, after the try-out results were posted.

I take exception with people making comments about either my son or myself under the protection of posting anonymously. Those of you whose sons I have coached, know that I care very much about the boys in my charge, and that I care about the experience that they have with me as their coach. Does my style gel with everyone, probably not, but isn't that usually the case. If you have an issue with me, have the courage to take it up with me directly.

For all the people that spend countless time on this website: If you don't like your sons travel organization, it's leadership or their coach, go somewhere else. There are plenty of choice available on Long Island. For those of you that don't like how the Empire, Brine or Warrior Teams are selected, speak with your wallet, and just don't try-out. Your sons future in the sport of lacrosse will not be defined by whether or not they make one of these teams in sixth grade.

I was recently told that Mike Chanenchuk Jr. was cut from the Empire team,when he tried out, and obviously things worked out OK for him.

I'll end this here, but not anonymously,

Patrick Lough
Coach,
While my son does not play on your team, I would like to thank you and all the coaches in both Travel and PAL. You sacrifice your time and family so we can all watch our kids play a sport they enjoy.
You know you can't win when no matter what you do it's wrong. You lose and your an awful coach, you win and your a psychopath that plays kids older than the group you coach or you play down. You cut kids and it's cause of politics.
People are always gonna cry about stuff, but none of them will ever step up to try and change it. They certainly are not going to sacrifice their free time or stand in front of you to talk about their concerns. Keep doing what your doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah - you just prove time and time again how angry you are, no bashing here just calling you out for the coward you consistently show you are. Enjoy your anonaminity life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CMON guys! This thread is so damn slow today. Someone get offended and respond in kind. PLEASE!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rough Riders, and PAL didnt comply
must be a bethpage dad complaining probably the one that was escorted off the field

What do you mean PAL wouldn't comply?? Two years in a row, our PAL director placed us is a higher division than we should have been BY ACCIDENT. We didn't win any/many games (1 maybe?), but in the end it was probably better for the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wth are u talking about ? Are you for or against playing in a tough division ? Someone has to lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on Pat Lough tell us how you feel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are you thinking for tomorrow? Going to be a beautiful day for lax! Some really solid teams going head to head; it is finally starting to feel like travel season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express having a lot of trouble today. Tied an average Laxachusettes team and just tied Warriors. Making all those changes and the team is worse than it's ever been. BM must be laughing hard today. Go get 'me AJ!!!! Nice job. Did you start your son???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They just won 6-3 but stuggled. They will get beat up this year for sure. wMVmUn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express having a lot of trouble today. Tied an average Laxachusettes team and just tied Warriors. Making all those changes and the team is worse than it's ever been. BM must be laughing hard today. Go get 'me AJ!!!! Nice job. Did you start your son???

You're an idiot. Both teams are far above whatever [lacrosse] team your kid plays for since he got cut from Express. Watch the game not the scores and you'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhhhhhhh he plays for the Bandits. But ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhhhhhhh he plays for the Bandits. But ok.

You just worry about Igloo than.LOL

Page 57 of 102 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard