BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 102 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tune in the last weekend of July to see the team assembled by "Bucky Beaver Teeth", and his side kick "Tanning Booth Boy", get their asses handed to them by some other regional team, that picked a team of the best players, rather then just another opportunity to showcase their players, (and get a couple hundred saps to foot the bill). Would be worth the drive to UMass to watch JS Spaz out, and have a [lacrosse] fit, when things don't do his way! What the [lacrosse] is happening to our sport?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did anyone get the gametimefootage we were promised from the warrior tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tremendous upside????? You're kidding, right?

Ask BM about that upside...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tune in the last weekend of July to see the team assembled by "Bucky Beaver Teeth", and his side kick "Tanning Booth Boy", get their asses handed to them by some other regional team, that picked a team of the best players, rather then just another opportunity to showcase their players, (and get a couple hundred saps to foot the bill). Would be worth the drive to UMass to watch JS Spaz out, and have a [lacrosse] fit, when things don't do his way! What the [lacrosse] is happening to our sport?

The sad thing is the 9d1 players are good enough to beat any other regional. So they will win, it is just the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's laughing so hard this past week.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did anyone get the gametimefootage we were promised from the warrior tryout?

Like everything else that too was probably a nice piece of bait to dangle in front of the parents. It would be interesting to see what their response would be if asked by a parent who's child did the tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's grab all the kids who didn't want to spend the money on that money grab and for FREE, practice a few days a week and play this Warrior team. I would guarantee; this Warrior team would looooooooose big time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's grab all the kids who didn't want to spend the money on that money grab and for FREE, practice a few days a week and play this Warrior team. I would guarantee; this Warrior team would looooooooose big time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it was not a fair and honest tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They'll win every game by at least 10. The best kids were selected with the exception of 2 coaches kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played Hills PAL already. BM coaching with the 91 coach. AJ just stands there in the back with his arms folded like he was sent to the principals office. Very funny to watch. AJ's kid plays and it doesn't look like BM treats him any differently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited to see the boys get to compete this weekend !

Is there a schedule out for this weekend? I know we keep getting distracted by Lough B guy puppet Posting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lough leaves Outlaws and is bitter channy put him as third coach of B team so he spews at the Express Squad. SO yes what is happening to our sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule is out! 91 WArriors vs Express Haugen should be a good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally out of bounds. Enough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which laxachusetts is better Black or Yellow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally out of bounds. Enough!

Talk about individual kids is Not acceptable Knock it off
Management

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
early start Saturday! Glad to see some travel games the PAL stuff is painful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! I'll take that bet any day! These kids are too good. All of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is also Green & White.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like Express with 4 teams. How about the new loud mouth Express coach coming over from Outlaws. Thinks his son is the next Rabil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year it was black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah awesome lacrosse in Bellmore an Merrick. True hotbeds. Why have him play for the big teams ever? Wont the college coaches will be lining up on your high school turf just to try to even make eye contact with Bellmore an Merrick lacrossrm

What are you saying, please make sense when you speak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like Express with 4 teams. How about the new loud mouth Express coach coming over from Outlaws. Thinks his son is the next Rabil.

What team is he coaching?? With AJ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People may not like the conversation and calling attention to an individual coaches kid but when you have big enough lacrosse balls to charge $185 for a tryout, have 100+ kids show up only to disregard the proper process by putting your son on the team when he has no business even being at tryouts AND to follow up that move with posting the roster online with his name on it which was an "[lacrosse]" to parents display of arrogance. Sorry AJ, You deserve the backlash and attention you and your kid is getting. Shows your true colors of being nothing more than a scumbag Express coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year it was black

They also sometimes split teams up evenly and with my older kids they have come down with hold back kids that were grown men as they do things differently in New England. Regardless will be nice to see some games played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H

He's not He left outlaws thinking his kid was an A player and is coaching the B team and is extremely bitter telling anyone who will listen how his son is so great and getting screwed. My son is on same team and everyone wishes he would leave. In all likelihood he's on here complaining and he is a nasty volatile guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lough is great coach. Boys love him and the better kids followed him to Express. Not a coincidence that his Express team has improved and his old Outlaws team is on the decline. But talk is cheap. Lets settle this on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather looks great this weekend for the tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H

He's not He left outlaws thinking his kid was an A player and is coaching the B team and is extremely bitter telling anyone who will listen how his son is so great and getting screwed. My son is on same team and everyone wishes he would leave. In all likelihood he's on here complaining and he is a nasty volatile guy.

Bummer. You're stuck for the season. A guy like that will bench your kid if you talk to him. How many kids are on your sons team? Same mess as last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People may not like the conversation and calling attention to an individual coaches kid but when you have big enough lacrosse balls to charge $185 for a tryout, have 100+ kids show up only to disregard the proper process by putting your son on the team when he has no business even being at tryouts AND to follow up that move with posting the roster online with his name on it which was an "[lacrosse]" to parents display of arrogance. Sorry AJ, You deserve the backlash and attention you and your kid is getting. Shows your true colors of being nothing more than a scumbag Express coach.

So I'm guessing that you son plays for either Express A and loses playing time to his son OR your son plays for Express B and you think he is good enough to play for A and his son is taking your son's spot. Either way, as upsetting as it is, there are politics to every sport, boys travel lax notwithstanding. You can look at every team from Bandits to Express, Igloo to Warriors, Empire to S2S, etc... and find a kid (or kids) that don't belong. That's how it goes. Is it fair? No. Will it change? No.

That tryout had 75-80 really good players show up. I saw the roster. There were 4-5, questionable players on the team. The Tan Man put a bunch on the team that did not belong and AJ put his son. But seriously, what did you expect? They asked AJ to coach prior to the tryout. Did you think he was not going to bring his son? Why do you think both of Tan Man's twins are on it? Did you really think he was leaving one home? Would you do that? I can tell you that I definitely would put my kid(s) on the team if I had to coach it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year it was black

They also sometimes split teams up evenly and with my older kids they have come down with hold back kids that were grown men as they do things differently in New England. Regardless will be nice to see some games played

At the Mesa Play Day, They had Green and White which struggled in the "B" division and Blue which did well except for a loss to Crabs. I would expect Black to be their AA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top kids from Bandits and Express are some of the best kids on Long Island. There are top kids on Igloo, S2S, and Warriors. Top kids from some of the teams did not show up. That's their issue. This event brought out the best kids. Kudos to the boys who made it. They deserve it! May they learn from the experience and develop their games to a better level by attending?...... yes. Does it cost money? yes Good coaching? yes. Play against good competition? yes. Great experience hanging with different kids when away? yes. Let it go and see what happens when Igloo has their top 80 event!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I'm guessing that you son plays for either Express A and loses playing time to his son OR your son plays for Express B and you think he is good enough to play for A and his son is taking your son's spot. Either way, as upsetting as it is, there are politics to every sport, boys travel lax notwithstanding. You can look at every team from Bandits to Express, Igloo to Warriors, Empire to S2S, etc... and find a kid (or kids) that don't belong. That's how it goes. Is it fair? No. Will it change? No.

That tryout had 75-80 really good players show up. I saw the roster. There were 4-5, questionable players on the team. The Tan Man put a bunch on the team that did not belong and AJ put his son. But seriously, what did you expect? They asked AJ to coach prior to the tryout. Did you think he was not going to bring his son? Why do you think both of Tan Man's twins are on it? Did you really think he was leaving one home? Would you do that? I can tell you that I definitely would put my kid(s) on the team if I had to coach it.

Well, we pay too much to the club as it stands, and this is total bs. We are shamed on the public site because of our owners antics. We're not paying the fee next year. Maybe the club will then have to raise the 1 hour practice to $200.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You never know w laxachusetts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H

Bummer. You're stuck for the season. A guy like that will bench your kid if you talk to him. How many kids are on your sons team? Same mess as last year?

Seriously People Posting in an Anonymous Forum about Fathers, Coaches and Sons....6th Grade Lacrosse...GET A LIFE!

cidkid
cidkid
Against my better judgement, I am writing this reply to several of things that have been posted about me, or several other people that are involved with the 2023 Lacrosse Community. I make it a practice to stay off of this website, because I think it has degenerated into a [lacrosse] and complaint site rather then it's original purpose, for people to share information about the Sport of Lacrosse.

I have coached the game of Lacrosse for better then fifteen years at both the PAL and travel levels, and been fortunate to be part of several quality organizations, such as my home town Rough Rider Program, the Long Island Outlaws, and the Long Island Express. I coached four years with the Outlaws and had the opportunity to coach a lot of great kids, and make some great friendships with their families. I have no issues with it's Leadership in Pat Brennan or his son's. I have a Great deal of respect for Mike Brennan as a coach and as a person, and I count him as a friend. My move to the Express with my sons was a personal choice made within my family. I currently have the opportunity to coach both a 2023 and a 2019 team with the Express, and I am fortunate to be able to continue to work with and learn from two Extremely Experienced Coaches in Karl Hedstrom and Doug Schrieber, and both of my sons are having very positive experiences, playing with their teams.

For those of you that make comments about AJ Haugen and especially his son, you should be ashamed of yourself. AJ's Lacrosse pedigree speaks for itself, different then a lot of people that hold themselves out as an authority on this website, and are all too quick to criticize those that coach! To call someone a scumbag, or a group of coaches scumbags is just ignorant and cowardice. More importantly anyone that makes disparaging remarks about any child on this website needs counseling. My son did not make AJ's team at last years try-outs, because he did not perform well enough at try-outs to warrant replacing one of the players on the team. He was the first to admit it, after the try-out results were posted.

I take exception with people making comments about either my son or myself under the protection of posting anonymously. Those of you whose sons I have coached, know that I care very much about the boys in my charge, and that I care about the experience that they have with me as their coach. Does my style gel with everyone, probably not, but isn't that usually the case. If you have an issue with me, have the courage to take it up with me directly.

For all the people that spend countless time on this website: If you don't like your sons travel organization, it's leadership or their coach, go somewhere else. There are plenty of choice available on Long Island. For those of you that don't like how the Empire, Brine or Warrior Teams are selected, speak with your wallet, and just don't try-out. Your sons future in the sport of lacrosse will not be defined by whether or not they make one of these teams in sixth grade.

I was recently told that Mike Chanenchuk Jr. was cut from the Empire team,when he tried out, and obviously things worked out OK for him.

I'll end this here, but not anonymously,

Patrick Lough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bravo Coach Lough! Always a gentleman!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You totally missed the point Pat and what does AJ's pedigree have to do with it? His kid took away a spot of a kid who paid $185 and is most likely better and deserving of the spot. That is flat out wrong. Plenty of coaches out there doing their thing without having to compromise the integrity of a tryout. PAL is where Daddy coaches should be. When it comes to families laying out money, Daddy coach needs to put his personal situation aside and do what is right. If he can't, don't coach.

This could have all been avoided if Warrior put up a disclaimer prior to tryouts stating that the 3 coaches boys will be guaranteed a spot. Maybe 10 less kids show up but at least it would have been upfront and transparent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says Pat Lough

Page 56 of 102 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard