BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 327 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All I can say is YJ 2016 tryouts had way over 100 kids and the talent pool was awesome!!
Very exciting for YJ

How can there be over 100 kids at tryout? The website says if you don't register early that you could be shut-out, only the first 100 kids registered are going to be permitted to try out!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since tryouts have begun, this thread is about to get busy. Anyone familiar with all the club tryout dates, is the YJ tryouts the last of the clubs? I think the YJ's benefit from this as they are able to fill the lower bracket teams more easily than the other clubs. Many players/parents reject spots on B or C teams elsewhere, looking to roll the dice with YJ's. That's great if it works out and you make blue or the better blue, if not your left with no other choice but to play for YJ on a lower teams, and there is nothing wrong with playing on whatever team for whatever club you make, the point here is this is a smart team filling move by YJ's as it's sort of last shot to get picked up.

Seriously though, YJ top blue is better than the top team on other clubs. The second blue is more like playing liberty black for example. The point is that even the top gold team of YJ is very very good.

Somehow I think that Liberty parents and players would disagree! There's YJ "real Blue" and then there's the rest, which doesn't really matter, if you're new to the club you will figure out the pecking order very easily

That is basically what I said. Top blue is the best. Liberty fields a good team but not quite as good.

Big fish in a smaller pond or a guppy in the Yellow ocean? Bigger name, more status better logo wear and dont forget higher costs. Why wouldnt any sane parent pick the B's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've figured out your arrogance, what you said has nothing to do with what i posted. All it shows is your hatred of yjs and dont believe for a second that whatever program you are with would add an additional team if enough kids showed up, its a business, and $$ of tgs is following it to a tee, and good luck to her who cares.
All one can ask is that the girls are rated fairly and put in the group in which they belong, prior team should'nt matter

Everyone makes a team! Haven't you figured it out yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've figured out your arrogance, what you said has nothing to do with what i posted. All it shows is your hatred of yjs and dont believe for a second that whatever program you are with would add an additional team if enough kids showed up, its a business, and $$ of tgs is following it to a tee, and good luck to her who cares.
All one can ask is that the girls are rated fairly and put in the group in which they belong, prior team should'nt matter

For the kids sake I hope most of them do make a team. Some of these lower level kids need a place and team to play for and it seems that YJ is the only organization willing to work with these kids and give them a home. Everyone else just discards them!! The YJ can keep the integrity of the program with fielding great teams and also give those other kids an opportunity to play and be exposed to coaches. Most all find a home too. Look at 2013 signing class. Four teams fielded almost 70 kids found a place to play. So keeping these kids no matter what team will benefit those children that want to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is YJ 2016 tryouts had way over 100 kids and the talent pool was awesome!!
Very exciting for YJ

How can there be over 100 kids at tryout? The website says if you don't register early that you could be shut-out, only the first 100 kids registered are going to be permitted to try out!

100 kids really isnt alot when you think about it. They've had 4 teams in this age group for years - that alone adds up to just about 100 kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very exciting for YJ

I would say about 120 total at tryout for 2016 , I would bet they end up making 5 teams .The website does say they have a cutoff but my guess is they will take the money .With that many kids trying out the talent pool has to be fairly deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been reading this thread for awhile and for what it's worth, here's my 2 cents. Yes, I am a big yj fan. Daughter is now college sophomore and had an extremely successful freshman year - way beyond all her goals. Lots of awards. Having said that, she was on the gold team and played with blue in some fall tourneys. (Know nothing about multiple blue teams.) The level of couching was excellent through the years (not one parent coach). CR knows what she doing. She listens, and she is willing to advocate for your daughter. She will make the call. You certainly can't argue her open line of communication with most if not all d1 programs. In my daughters case, it was done in about a 1/2 hr during a fall tourney. Committed a week later jr yr. I know this post will stir the pot, but it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was wondering if anyone can that was at tryouts this past weekend can offer any insight as to where you go when you get into CALEDONIA PARK. Never been before and have tryouts this upcoming weekend - thanks !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was wondering if anyone can that was at tryouts this past weekend can offer any insight as to where you go when you get into CALEDONIA PARK. Never been before and have tryouts this upcoming weekend - thanks !!!

Not a big park, you will see where to go as soon as you enter, really just a couplle athletic fields and some tennis courts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very exciting for YJ

I would say about 120 total at tryout for 2016 , I would bet they end up making 5 teams .The website does say they have a cutoff but my guess is they will take the money .With that many kids trying out the talent pool has to be fairly deep.

Well then they should all make a team, four teams of 27-28 kids should do the trick - there were plenty of teams with rosters that size this past summer, obviously at some point they ran out of numbers and had to start reissuing from #1 - but no worries they were al "elite" players

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the kids sake I hope most of them do make a team. Some of these lower level kids need a place and team to play for and it seems that YJ is the only organization willing to work with these kids and give them a home. Everyone else just discards them!! The YJ can keep the integrity of the program with fielding great teams and also give those other kids an opportunity to play and be exposed to coaches. Most all find a home too. Look at 2013 signing class. Four teams fielded almost 70 kids found a place to play. So keeping these kids no matter what team will benefit those children that want to play.
As stated earlier that's what YJ are all about - people helping people - thank God for YJ!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very exciting for YJ

Well then they should all make a team, four teams of 27-28 kids should do the trick - there were plenty of teams with rosters that size this past summer, obviously at some point they ran out of numbers and had to start reissuing from #1 - but no worries they were al "elite" players

Calm down with the sarcasm. You have 3 teams at 2018 because that is the only age your club had enough kids show up to make 3 teams. YJ pool of players is very deep ,your 2 nd level team is a joke and not even in the same ballpark as yj 2 nd level team. At the younger ages your top team is close if not equal to YJ top team for now but YJ top teams will continue to be better in the older groups for the near future.The advantage for YJ is that they have many kids who play on 2 level team who will eventually be moved up to replace those players who do not belong on top team while your team does not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very exciting for YJ

Calm down with the sarcasm. You have 3 teams at 2018 because that is the only age your club had enough kids show up to make 3 teams. YJ pool of players is very deep ,your 2 nd level team is a joke and not even in the same ballpark as yj 2 nd level team. At the younger ages your top team is close if not equal to YJ top team for now but YJ top teams will continue to be better in the older groups for the near future.The advantage for YJ is that they have many kids who play on 2 level team who will eventually be moved up to replace those players who do not belong on top team while your team does not.

Perhaps if YJ doesn't spend the entire summer ducking tg teams like they did this past summer we will find out, I know nobody wants to play you so you're forced to play against your own teams all the time. Isn't it fun driving to delaware for four games and three of them are against your own club??
PS - Several age groups had 80-90 kids at tryouts, guess what, not all of them are on a roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe a current yj coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very exciting for YJ

Perhaps if YJ doesn't spend the entire summer ducking tg teams like they did this past summer we will find out, I know nobody wants to play you so you're forced to play against your own teams all the time. Isn't it fun driving to delaware for four games and three of them are against your own club??
PS - Several age groups had 80-90 kids at tryouts, guess what, not all of them are on a roster.

Get a clue moron, your are so sad that you need to make stuff up. Which ages had 80-90 kids, be careful because I know what the numbers were.Further the only teams ducking anybody are your TG teams, I will give you an example , your 2016 team could have played against YJ top team as a charity fundraiser ,your team would not take the challenge. A guaranteed chance to play and your TG team won't respond.Maybe it was the charity thing that kept them away, seems when it's a tournament that's about giving back your teams barely show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very exciting for YJ

Ask your coaches if they have ever been asked to play/scrimmage any YJ teams, then ask them if the accepted the challenge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a clue moron, your are so sad that you need to make stuff up. Which ages had 80-90 kids, be careful because I know what the numbers were.Further the only teams ducking anybody are your TG teams, I will give you an example , your 2016 team could have played against YJ top team as a charity fundraiser ,your team would not take the challenge. A guaranteed chance to play and your TG team won't respond.Maybe it was the charity thing that kept them away, seems when it's a tournament that's about giving back your teams barely show. [/quote]

Had to pipe in on this one. You both sound like weenies. And as far as a challenge issued and ducked, are you serious? Did CR pick up the phone and call SS and make this challenge? or did some mouth of a parent post it online? These charity tournaments are just that, what you get playing as teams are not even close to what the club travel teams are, for better and for worse. The format of these tournaments are also radically different than US lax rules and most summer tournaments. Many of these tournaments operate under the guise of this or that charity benefit........ while there may be a charity benefiting somewhere in there, and that's nice, you also need to look at the big picture. If someone runs a tournament and charges a player $100 and kicks some back to charity, that is a good thing, but don't overlook the fact that they are making a pile of cash too. Some operate on the premise that the players raise the donations for the charity I guess to keep the pile of cash they are sitting on bigger. I just question the sainthood many people like to connect to too many of these events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very exciting for YJ

You are a pathetic little person who feels big stomping on children. Congrats on the honor of being the bottom dwelling loser of the L.I. Lax community. I am having a charity event for adults who can't deal with their little sad lives so they beat up kids online. Our 2028 team vs yours for dirtiest diaper award. I have a feeling you may win however. In fact we can smell you from here so go away and wash up.
Does that stoop to your low level adequately enough?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see what happens the Summer of 2013 all mighty and knowing YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a clue moron, your are so sad that you need to make stuff up. Which ages had 80-90 kids, be careful because I know what the numbers were.Further the only teams ducking anybody are your TG teams, I will give you an example , your 2016 team could have played against YJ top team as a charity fundraiser ,your team would not take the challenge. A guaranteed chance to play and your TG team won't respond.Maybe it was the charity thing that kept them away, seems when it's a tournament that's about giving back your teams barely show.

Had to pipe in on this one. You both sound like weenies. And as far as a challenge issued and ducked, are you serious? Did CR pick up the phone and call SS and make this challenge? or did some mouth of a parent post it online? These charity tournaments are just that, what you get playing as teams are not even close to what the club travel teams are, for better and for worse. The format of these tournaments are also radically different than US lax rules and most summer tournaments. Many of these tournaments operate under the guise of this or that charity benefit........ while there may be a charity benefiting somewhere in there, and that's nice, you also need to look at the big picture. If someone runs a tournament and charges a player $100 and kicks some back to charity, that is a good thing, but don't overlook the fact that they are making a pile of cash too. Some operate on the premise that the players raise the donations for the charity I guess to keep the pile of cash they are sitting on bigger. I just question the sainthood many people like to connect to too many of these events. [/quote]

I think you may have smoked the pipe prior to posting.Post stated could have played them as a charity fundraiser not at a charity fundraiser.I could be wrong but there was talk of it on BOC last season, I believe to be played at Beach Bum Tournament. To their discussion to bash charity fundraising tournaments tells me who the weenie really is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Had to pipe in on this one. You both sound like weenies. And as far as a challenge issued and ducked, are you serious? Did CR pick up the phone and call SS and make this challenge? or did some mouth of a parent post it online?"

I agree that challenge showed up on BOTC about 20 pages back, I doubt the directors from either club gave a seconds thought to it...Are your YJ rosters even set yet? I know the TG team had some changes and we haven't played together yet.. I can't say how much better of a team we are or are not yet...it hasn’t be announced yet, but I’m pretty sure the TG will be at the LI ClaSSIc tournament, maybe the YJ will be the bigger club and show up there. I feel this could be a legit tournament with both of these clubs and the rest of LI in attendance.. I'm looking forward to the summer hope to get a chance to find out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Had to pipe in on this one. You both sound like weenies. And as far as a challenge issued and ducked, are you serious? Did CR pick up the phone and call SS and make this challenge? or did some mouth of a parent post it online?"

I agree that challenge showed up on BOTC about 20 pages back, I doubt the directors from either club gave a seconds thought to it...Are your YJ rosters even set yet? I know the TG team had some changes and we haven't played together yet.. I can't say how much better of a team we are or are not yet...it hasn’t be announced yet, but I’m pretty sure the TG will be at the LI ClaSSIc tournament, maybe the YJ will be the bigger club and show up there. I feel this could be a legit tournament with both of these clubs and the rest of LI in attendance.. I'm looking forward to the summer hope to get a chance to find out

Why wait till next summer the 2014 played TG and sent them packing..... Who even cares- if both clubs are good we will play each other and we will win some and you will win some. Parents need to get a lift and let the kids play. Choose your blub and don't worry about anyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the time both teams rosters were set and both teams had played together for numerous tournaments, Babylon Lax Blast came late in season.That being said I doubt either of the teams directors would have approved, but do know YJ 2016 was at tournament and it was championship format. Also know that TG sat home that weekend so if they really wanted to play could have taken a short trip to Babylon. Little chance YJ shows up to LI Classic , too many reasons not to go and not enough to go.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I could be wrong but there was talk of it on BOC last season, I believe to be played at Beach Bum Tournament. To their discussion to bash charity fundraising tournaments tells me who the weenie really is.
There were a couple of specific openings at last season's Babylon LAX Blast - the Yellow Jackets indeed helped by placing teams into the tournament.

All of the 2012 Tournament Details, Teams, Schedules, Results, and Champions were named in the following thread :

Beach Bums Babylon LAX Blast - Saturday, July 14th, 2012

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Also know that TG sat home that weekend so if they really wanted to play could have taken a short trip to Babylon.
The Top Guns season ended the week before the Baylon LAX Blast (as we recall) - that might or might not have been the case in practice, but they did not have teams available that weekend (July 14th, 2012).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Also know that TG sat home that weekend so if they really wanted to play could have taken a short trip to Babylon.
The Top Guns season ended the week before the Baylon LAX Blast (as we recall) - that might or might not have been the case in practice, but they did not have teams available that weekend (July 14th, 2012).

If their season
ended the week before then I would think they had all teams available, the point being if they wanted to they could have gotten together and gotten it done.It would have been a nice way to raise money for a good cause to get some of these teams together to play, in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

\Please - TG's were at Club National Championships in Maryland that weekend playing in a real tournament, while YJ stayed at home and beat up town teams in Babylon...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Please - TG's were at Club National Championships in Maryland that weekend playing in a real tournament, while YJ stayed at home and beat up town teams in Babylon...
This might well have been the case - none the less, BOTC knew that there was a reason as to why the Top Guns were not at the Babylon LAX Blast hosted by the Long Island Beach Bums.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's summer season ends in the first week in July? Two weeks later both TG and YJ were in Delaware for ASE - 28 Yj teams and 14 TG teams and they never played. YJ teams played each other at least 2-3 times in every age group, and that's the way CR wanted it. The same thing happened at National Draw, when three days before the tournament the entire schedule was changed so YJ could avoid TG teams - esecially at the younger ages. Say what you will, these are all facts, ask your own parents, there was a lot complaining on the sidelines from all of them!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Who's summer season ends in the first week in July? Two weeks later both TG and YJ were in Delaware for ASE - 28 Yj teams and 14 TG teams and they never played. YJ teams played each other at least 2-3 times in every age group, and that's the way CR wanted it. The same thing happened at National Draw, when three days before the tournament the entire schedule was changed so YJ could avoid TG teams - esecially at the younger ages. Say what you will, these are all facts, ask your own parents, there was a lot complaining on the sidelines from all of them!
Mea culpa on the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
I'll make this easy--I am from 2016 YJ blue.--I talked to some of the players and they all agree. To 2016 tg--anytime, anywhere.--let's play. I don't say this in a rude way. I think it will be a good game and the girls should have a blast.
We could even do it as a fundraiser. Let the girls ability speak for its self. I would love to hear some predictions ...
Excellent post - BOTC would be happy to organize this as a fundraiser which could be a sponsorship for the Lax4BackPax event.

Wrong tournament but still seems like it could have happened if TG wanted so enough with the ducking TG , anytime anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

\Please - TG's were at Club National Championships in Maryland that weekend playing in a real tournament, while YJ stayed at home and beat up town teams in Babylon...

Where they got absolutely handled by the MD teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm...not really. You must be thinking of your prized YJ team that lost to Skywalkers ALL SUMMER! Multiple times. TG beat them in Florida (something YJ couldnt do a single time) and lost to them by 1 in the semi finals.
You and OBAMA need some fact checking help yet again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea how the 2019 YJ team stacks up against the 2019 TG team. I know the teams have not played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your talking about 6th graders right? If so you need a reality Check they are still learning to play the game. That goes for both teams. But if you want to go that there how about the 2021 teams because 4th grade lax is really competitive. Oh that goes both ways also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm...not really. You must be thinking of your prized YJ team that lost to Skywalkers ALL SUMMER! Multiple times. TG beat them in Florida (something YJ couldnt do a single time) and lost to them by 1 in the semi finals.
You and OBAMA need some fact checking help yet again.

Did one TG team even make a semifinal in the CNC in Boyds? I know none made a final. How bout that 16-0 shellacking from M&D? Fact checking is fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your talking about 6th graders right? If so you need a reality Check they are still learning to play the game. That goes for both teams. But if you want to go that there how about the 2021 teams because 4th grade lax is really competitive. Oh that goes both ways also

What? Mane some sense ok. Talking about 10th graders who are far from 4th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all you YJ fans out there the TG program has won nothing in there first three years of existence. No Major club tournaments nothing. The YJ has earned there reputation as a top club by winning several major club tourneys to earn their recognition on the club scene. The key word EARNED not just written on a website

So when you TG folks win something notable and stop flapping your gums about BS maybe the YJ would be more interested in playing you. I guess they prefer playing the better more notable MD teams until then.

Obviously nothing to gain by playing TG and so far your 2013, 2014,2015 teams have never beat them head to head! 2016 will handle TG easily they have too much depth!

Don't expect YJ to stick around for LI classic either they would would be much better off at Brine Classic where the MD teams will be. Oh and the college coaches too.
Or just relaxing on Fire Island for 4th weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. At National Draw, YJ 18 Blue Rose played TG 18 Black. I think half the game had been played when there was lightning and the teams were unable to finish the game. I also believe the game was in a tie at that point. Your statement about changing schedules to avoid TG especially in the younger ages has been proven false. When you want to prove a point, make sure you use accurate references. My daughter is on another younger YJ team and they are eager to play TP. When championship format is used, it is an advantage for both teams to be put in seperate brackets so they can meet up in playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 79 of 327 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard