BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 111 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Easy one Northport

Does he coach confidence?

The one thing all the D1 recruits bring to the field is confidence because they have been validated by college coaches. A mediocre high school coach that inherits a team full of them can look great.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won the game right?

Want the real answer? Because when you are used to getting the best players all the time (regardless of your coaching) you get lazy. Ask the coaches of the other CHSAA teams how they continually try to level the playing field, that is like the titanic right before it plunged to the bottom of the sea. [/quote]

...Chaminade coaches are good people and the kids respond well to them.
Game time strategy and execution is poor... Despite their terrible execution on clears, man up, settled offense, they still manage to win deep talented athletes.

Compared to CSH coaching that wins with execution, despite only having 3-4 stand out players.[/quote]

CSH only has 3 - 4 standout players? Seriously??[/quote]

Really only 2-3 decent players. Seriously.
[/quote]

Now they're not even standout, but only decent??! Go away, please. You obviously are an unserious person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade lost yesterday to St. Ignacious 11-10. It was probably the best High School lacrosse game I've seen in 5 years. Some really good stuff...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lot of goals

Maybe the big senior should get a look

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lot of goals

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lot of goals

maybe, or maybe it wouldnt have been close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade lost yesterday to St. Ignacious 11-10. It was probably the best High School lacrosse game I've seen in 5 years. Some really good stuff...

Times have changed. St. Ignatius is from San Francisco. Beat Garden City the day before

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lot of goals

Yes - the senior going to Wesleyan...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Times have changed. St. Ignatius is from San Francisco. Beat Garden City the day before

and is this a prep school with 19 year old Jrs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What will your excuse be come college time?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also recruit from a 150 mile radius....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game is spot on! Glad I went. Great lacrosse was played. Only a few penalties....could have gone either way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SI is coed catholic school 9-12 with a smaller enrollment than Chaminade. Betcha that 150 mile radius has fraction of youth lacrosse players within 20 miles of chaminade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few facts and thoughts:

St. Ignatious is co ed and a bit smaller than Cham. Better athletes in Cali?

No.... the Flyer Junior Goalie is better.

Face facts, one player from SI put up a six spot... that's on the D- period. (not on the Goalie)

Cham seniors on O were basically shut down - Juniors did most of the scoring.

Faceoffs were great.

Crunch time, down by a goal, 1:29 left, coming out of a time out, Gotta score there.

made the season for the Cali boys.

Great game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IDK, maybe the laughable 24 year old "man child" Senior

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do have to say i applaud the 16/17 Year old soph's for playing varsity thats where they belong.

To bad Chaminade will never allow that, play down much Flyers! but it is true, cant beat a team of holdbacks with just a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade lost to the better team. Is that what they teach the kids there, when you lose, start coming up with excuses. Sounds like a lack of character to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SI is coed catholic school 9-12 with a smaller enrollment than Chaminade. Betcha that 150 mile radius has fraction of youth lacrosse players within 20 miles of chaminade

Maybe, but without any real 'competition', they can cam make a fairly compelling pitch to poach most of the best lacrosse players within that radius. Chaminade has competition for lax SAs both from other privates as well as many good publics, along with the strong complimentary club options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - No.... the Flyer Junior Goalie is better.

2 - Face facts, one player from SI put up a six spot... that's on the D- period. (not on the Goalie)

3 - Cham seniors on O were basically shut down - Juniors did most of the scoring.

Great game!

Responses:

1 - Why does everyone defend him - because he is going to a top D1 school? Because he is the chosen one? He has been mediocre at best this season. If you think he had a good game the other day you don't know lacrosse. Too many stick side goals - and another 20 yarder. There were 5 BAD goals.

2 - Kid was the best HS player I've seen - shoots just as hard lefty as righty, uses his body really well, a complete player. But I guess the goalie is not responsible for his goals - doesn't have to make saves against him.

3 - Again, nothing on the offense happens without the senior attackman - everything goes thru him. Chaminade scored 4 goals in a row in the first quarter - he didn't have any. But who did they lock off? Him. On 90% of all HS teams (and probably college) the lefty attackman is in the top 3 in scoring. Because they are the finishers - they should score a lot. Easy on the junior stuff (2 midfielders are are really good - the other juniors should not be on the field).

Agreed - great game - but stop with all the nonsense...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - No.... the Flyer Junior Goalie is better.

2 - Face facts, one player from SI put up a six spot... that's on the D- period. (not on the Goalie)

3 - Cham seniors on O were basically shut down - Juniors did most of the scoring.

Great game!

Responses:

1 - Why does everyone defend him - because he is going to a top D1 school? Because he is the chosen one? He has been mediocre at best this season. If you think he had a good game the other day you don't know lacrosse. Too many stick side goals - and another 20 yarder. There were 5 BAD goals.

2 - Kid was the best HS player I've seen - shoots just as hard lefty as righty, uses his body really well, a complete player. But I guess the goalie is not responsible for his goals - doesn't have to make saves against him.

3 - Again, nothing on the offense happens without the senior attackman - everything goes thru him. Chaminade scored 4 goals in a row in the first quarter - he didn't have any. But who did they lock off? Him. On 90% of all HS teams (and probably college) the lefty attackman is in the top 3 in scoring. Because they are the finishers - they should score a lot. Easy on the junior stuff (2 midfielders are are really good - the other juniors should not be on the field).

Agreed - great game - but stop with all the nonsense...

Agreed Great game.
I'm not criticizing any player. I just think the Junior Goalie is better.

Please look at the box score for the flyers from the past 2 games.... St.I and Yorktown. It does not look like nonsense.

I'm saying the seniors are good but the juniors have put their stamp on this team as well.

I think St. I did a good job of taking the senior attack out of the game but that creates opportunity for others to step up.
Flyer D could have done a better job of taking the St. I goal scorer out of the game (don't you think?) Where else could some adjustments have been made?

YORKTOWN GAME
Goal Assist Points Saves (10 goals and 3 assists from juniors)
Junior 5 0 5 0
Junior 2 1 3 0
Junior 2 0 2 0
Senior 0 2 2 0
Senior 0 1 1 0
Junior 1 0 1 0
Senior 0 1 1 0
Senior 1 0 1 0
Junior 0 1 1 0
Junior 0 1 1 0
Junior 0 0 0 10

St. IGNATIOUS GAME (7 goals and 5 assists from juniors)
Goal Assist Points Saves
Junior 5 0 5 0
Junior 0 3 3 0
Junior 2 0 2 0
Senior 0 1 1 0
Senior 1 0 1 0
Senior 1 0 1 0
Junior 0 1 1 0
Junior 0 1 1 0
Senior 0 1 1 0
Senior 1 0 1 0
Senior 0 1 1 0
Junior 0 0 0 13

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone beat Chaminade at their own game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

University of Denver has a 21 year old freshman from Las Vegas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Denver doesn't have any freshman from LV. You mean kid at UNC? He's Mormon and spent 2 years in south america on mission.

Keep trying to bring up ages of players if you must. Bottom line is there are good coaches now in all parts of the country to teach the game and tons of kids playing everywhere. It's OK to just tip your cap and say well done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Denver doesn't have any freshman from LV. You mean kid at UNC? He's Mormon and spent 2 years in south america on mission.

Keep trying to bring up ages of players if you must. Bottom line is there are good coaches now in all parts of the country to teach the game and tons of kids playing everywhere. It's OK to just tip your cap and say well done.

Reclass and age talks really only matter in 8th 9th & 10th grade. This is where puberty, size and maturity are exposes for an advantage (or disadvantage) and moms dads and coaches know it.
It is enough to push a kid to a commitment (or out of the sport entirely).

On the Varsity and College level it is a non factor- kids have mostly caught up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
keep telling yourself that.!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to see Yorktown vs Chaminade this past Saturday. Both teams played hard and competed right to the end. Although I was pulling for my Huskers, it was a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to see Yorktown vs Chaminade this past Saturday. Both teams played hard and competed right to the end. Although I was pulling for my Huskers, it was a great game.

Again, not a great day for the Chaminade goalie - even the coach was yelling at him...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like your son is the other goalie on Chaminade???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me then , why do they Red Shirt kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, not a great day for the Chaminade goalie - even the coach was yelling at him...

a Coach was yelling at a player.....during a game!!!! We should let everyone know right away!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great game? they had 4th to 5th string kids come on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

a Coach was yelling at a player.....during a game!!!! We should let everyone know right away!!
[/quote]

Ahh but if you knew anything about the team you would know that yelling at the chosen one is prohibited - he is beyond reproach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The third string goalie got 3 saves yesterday without being yelled at

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it already. Your stalking of the starter is disturbing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is just a refute of the guy who keeps talking about how much better the junior goalie is than the 2 committed senior goalies. He is a good player - but so are the seniors. Again, he has been mediocre at best this season...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is just a refute of the guy who keeps talking about how much better the junior goalie is than the 2 committed senior goalies. He is a good player - but so are the seniors. Again, he has been mediocre at best this season...

Wow! What were your stats as a junior goalie play varsity back in the day?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't you team parents work this out? It is very embarrassing to squabble about the team on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like Backup QB's - Every backup Goalie in lacrosse is the next best thing....it's a lonely position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep imagine being the backup to the backup for your whole varsity career

Like Reply Quote
Page 82 of 111 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled