BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,552
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 75 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Watching the NW v Duke on BTN replay- yes an insomniac it stinks. The women's game is flat tough to watch. Almost every clear consists of one girl barreling down the field with her head down, trying to force it through double teams, while being crosschecked and bumped for 70 yards, three whistles later you have a clear. Even the announcer just called it "scrappy"..

When they do finally gain the zone it's all crowded in and a series of one on one matchups take place- more forcing through double teams. Everyone is playing the zone now so even if a player does dodge and beat their girl there's at least one defender waiting to stop the challenge or set up a free position. There's just not much motion or fluidity in this game. Rarely see a pretty assist and finish.

They need to adapt more features from the guys game. 50 yard restraining line, 6v6 in the zone, full pockets in the cross. Get passing and movement and athleticism back into the game. They have taken a few things recently- can kick the ball to get it out of a crowd, go in your own crease, but more is needed. Make it entertaining to watch. Fans might come watch.. on the men's side UNC v SU a few days ago had hundreds of fans, placed was packed. And the game was entertaining. There's no reason why the men's game should be that much better for fans. These women are great athletes, but their version of the game is holding them back big time.

It reminds me of the NBA in the 90's. Rough, physical super low scoring and tough to watch.
I disagree on a couple of your points. I don't think you know the woman's/girls game as well as the men. Giving the woman pockets in there sticks would change the game and lead to full gear and helmets, and any fan of the woman's game doesn't want that. The changes have to come in the rules committee in the way the refs call the game. Taking goals away from a team because the defense commits a foul is the worst rule in any sport and it happens all to often.

Charges have been called more often that this year, and that is a good thing, but they need to call dangerous play ( cross checks, dangerous checks...) with more yellow cards, and fragrantly dangerous play with red cards ( 20+ years of watching woman's lacrosse and have never seen a red card, girls have no fear of it).

What they do need to do is move to a progressive foul system. Just like in basketball, after 5 fouls you are thrown out of the game, that would stop a lot of fouls because they would need to stay in the game. As of now fouling a team in transition all the way down the field is a tactic acceptable to the NCAA and US Lacrosse so teams will continue to do so

Progressive foul system???? Like basketball.?? In womens lax you would run out of defenders the way the game is called. If you watch a game, any doubt about a foul the call is made against the defenders. In Basketball players play both offense and defense. I get that fouling is a tactic that is used but the progressive foul idea is not a good one. Sorry

agreed. bad idea. what happens after the 6 fouls a free position?? phh. who cares, most girls just back those out anyway. its a mache pit in there after 1 step.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 17

Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 15-0 400 20 1
2 Florida 13-2 375 3
3 North Carolina 12-2 348 2
4 Stony Brook 13-1 346 4
5 Penn State 14-1 327 5
6 Princeton 10-2 290 7
7 Syracuse 12-4 265 12
8 Southern California 12-3 254 9
9 Colorado 13-2 238 6
10 Penn 10-2 234 9
11 Notre Dame 11-5 192 11
12 Cornell 10-2 190 8
13 Denver 12-2 147 13
14 Virginia 9-7 128 15
15 Northwestern 8-7 126 16
16 James Madison 10-5 98 17
17 Towson 9-5 87 13
18 Boston College 11-5 50 19
19 Virginia Tech 11-6 44 18
20 Duke 7-7 26 20

OK we are getting deep into the season. Do you go with the only winners from the last 25 years in NC, Maryland, NW Virginia or Princeton or do you take the field. My gut say NC or Maryland win it again and anyone else is still a longshot and an upset

MD is the clear and only favorite at this point - the only contest is for second place

Maryland, North Carolina, Florida and Penn State in the Final Four unless two of them meet in an earlier round.

I see what you did there, really went out on a limb picking 1, 2, 3 and 5. Hmmmm, what happens to 4? Someone is a hater or a troll.

Not a hater or a troll. I just do not think SBU will be in the Final Four. Why does that make me a hater? I don't think UVA, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Towson, Duke or Hofstra will be in the Final Four either. Does that make ma a hater of those teams as well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching the NW v Duke on BTN replay- yes an insomniac it stinks. The women's game is flat tough to watch. Almost every clear consists of one girl barreling down the field with her head down, trying to force it through double teams, while being crosschecked and bumped for 70 yards, three whistles later you have a clear. Even the announcer just called it "scrappy"..

When they do finally gain the zone it's all crowded in and a series of one on one matchups take place- more forcing through double teams. Everyone is playing the zone now so even if a player does dodge and beat their girl there's at least one defender waiting to stop the challenge or set up a free position. There's just not much motion or fluidity in this game. Rarely see a pretty assist and finish.

They need to adapt more features from the guys game. 50 yard restraining line, 6v6 in the zone, full pockets in the cross. Get passing and movement and athleticism back into the game. They have taken a few things recently- can kick the ball to get it out of a crowd, go in your own crease, but more is needed. Make it entertaining to watch. Fans might come watch.. on the men's side UNC v SU a few days ago had hundreds of fans, placed was packed. And the game was entertaining. There's no reason why the men's game should be that much better for fans. These women are great athletes, but their version of the game is holding them back big time.

It reminds me of the NBA in the 90's. Rough, physical super low scoring and tough to watch.

"had hundreds of fans, placed was packed" - I assume that's a typo? Would take more than hundreds to pack a stadium, even if it wasn't the Dome. Box score says 4000+.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 17

1 Maryland 15-0 400 20 1
2 Florida 13-2 375 3
3 North Carolina 12-2 348 2
4 Stony Brook 13-1 346 4
5 Penn State 14-1 327 5
6 Princeton 10-2 290 7
7 Syracuse 12-4 265 12
8 Southern California 12-3 254 9
9 Colorado 13-2 238 6
10 Penn 10-2 234 9
11 Notre Dame 11-5 192 11
12 Cornell 10-2 190 8
13 Denver 12-2 147 13
14 Virginia 9-7 128 15
15 Northwestern 8-7 126 16
16 James Madison 10-5 98 17
17 Towson 9-5 87 13
18 Boston College 11-5 50 19
19 Virginia Tech 11-6 44 18
20 Duke 7-7 26 20

OK we are getting deep into the season. Do you go with the only winners from the last 25 years in NC, Maryland, NW Virginia or Princeton or do you take the field. My gut say NC or Maryland win it again and anyone else is still a longshot and an upset

MD is the clear and only favorite at this point - the only contest is for second place

Maryland, North Carolina, Florida and Penn State in the Final Four unless two of them meet in an earlier round.

I see what you did there, really went out on a limb picking 1, 2, 3 and 5. Hmmmm, what happens to 4? Someone is a hater or a troll.

Not a hater or a troll. I just do not think SBU will be in the Final Four. Why does that make me a hater? I don't think UVA, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Towson, Duke or Hofstra will be in the Final Four either. Does that make ma a hater of those teams as well?

Not sure if it was you, or another poster but was talking about CU or USC in Final Four... If them why not SB?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%...you would have no defenders left if you went with a progressive foul system like hoops because in today's game defenders already have have 0 rights. In today's game if you attack and get in the 8 meter it is an automatic foul on one of the defenders. A girl goes to goal and gets surrounded by 3 defenders...an automatic whistle. If you think you can go to goal you better expect to get bounced around in front of the goal.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree on a couple of your points. I don't think you know the woman's/girls game as well as the men. Giving the woman pockets in there sticks would change the game and lead to full gear and helmets, and any fan of the woman's game doesn't want that. The changes have to come in the rules committee in the way the refs call the game. Taking goals away from a team because the defense commits a foul is the worst rule in any sport and it happens all to often.

Charges have been called more often that this year, and that is a good thing, but they need to call dangerous play ( cross checks, dangerous checks...) with more yellow cards, and fragrantly dangerous play with red cards ( 20+ years of watching woman's lacrosse and have never seen a red card, girls have no fear of it).

What they do need to do is move to a progressive foul system. Just like in basketball, after 5 fouls you are thrown out of the game, that would stop a lot of fouls because they would need to stay in the game. As of now fouling a team in transition all the way down the field is a tactic acceptable to the NCAA and US Lacrosse so teams will continue to do so

Progressive foul system???? Like basketball.?? In womens lax you would run out of defenders the way the game is called. If you watch a game, any doubt about a foul the call is made against the defenders. In Basketball players play both offense and defense. I get that fouling is a tactic that is used but the progressive foul idea is not a good one. Sorry

agreed. bad idea. what happens after the 6 fouls a free position?? phh. who cares, most girls just back those out anyway. its a mache pit in there after 1 step.

not a bad idea, Excellent idea. Take player out of the game after X amount of fouls, not like the teams dont have benches. It would be the best thing. and dont say some teams have a hard time getting players to field a team. If a player is close, a coach needs to coach, move players rotate players etc. If you dont have another defender play a middie not like the twig is any different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not a bad idea, Excellent idea. Take player out of the game after X amount of fouls, not like the teams dont have benches. It would be the best thing. and dont say some teams have a hard time getting players to field a team. If a player is close, a coach needs to coach, move players rotate players etc. If you dont have another defender play a middie not like the twig is any different.

Cmon.....I know your not serious with that response. An excellent idea?? Sooo...do we count just major fouls or all fouls. We stop the game so the official can walk over and give the players number-slow the game more. Hey....it will be good for defenders getting recruited since teams will have to carry about 8 of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Cmon.....I know your not serious with that response. An excellent idea?? Sooo...do we count just major fouls or all fouls. We stop the game so the official can walk over and give the players number-slow the game more. Hey....it will be good for defenders getting recruited since teams will have to carry about 8 of them."

Cmon I know you are not serious with this post, just do like basketball does , its takes 2 seconds to hand signal the number of the offender. After a players 5th foul or a teams 8th foul the offending team plays man down for 2 minutes or something like that. If you have a kid who has 4 fouls you are going to either remove the stick swinger or instruct them to play within the rules. That said they need to call more charges.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Cmon.....I know your not serious with that response. An excellent idea?? Sooo...do we count just major fouls or all fouls. We stop the game so the official can walk over and give the players number-slow the game more. Hey....it will be good for defenders getting recruited since teams will have to carry about 8 of them."

Cmon I know you are not serious with this post, just do like basketball does , its takes 2 seconds to hand signal the number of the offender. After a players 5th foul or a teams 8th foul the offending team plays man down for 2 minutes or something like that. If you have a kid who has 4 fouls you are going to either remove the stick swinger or instruct them to play within the rules. That said they need to call more charges.

I'm all for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you ever watched a womans game? On any foul the offending player is put 4 meters behind, clearly singling out the player every time, it would take the table officle 3 seconds to put a mark next to a number on a sheet of paper. I can't believe there are so many dense people out there, the theory is that the players would STOP fouling to remain in the game, get pulled by the coach after the 3rd, or foul out. In case you haven't noticed, the average team carries about 25 players, so having enough players isn't really the issue, having enough top players is, with that said... the top players will have to learn how not to foul out. The only thing you said that make any sense is that reffs would have to start calling MORE charges (witch also counts as a foul twards ejection) and I have all ready stated in the origanl post that they have over the last year or so. The only people that would be opposed to this are the parents of, or players that commit the most fouls.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you ever watched a womans game? On any foul the offending player is put 4 meters behind, clearly singling out the player every time, it would take the table officle 3 seconds to put a mark next to a number on a sheet of paper. I can't believe there are so many dense people out there, the theory is that the players would STOP fouling to remain in the game, get pulled by the coach after the 3rd, or foul out. In case you haven't noticed, the average team carries about 25 players, so having enough players isn't really the issue, having enough top players is, with that said... the top players will have to learn how not to foul out. The only thing you said that make any sense is that reffs would have to start calling MORE charges (witch also counts as a foul twards ejection) and I have all ready stated in the origanl post that they have over the last year or so. The only people that would be opposed to this are the parents of, or players that commit the most fouls.

you're ignorance is odd given you just asked the poster if they have ever seen a game. the average roster is about 38-40 players.

are you watching rec? travel? we're in the college forum...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're ignorance is odd given you just asked the poster if they have ever seen a game. the average roster is about 38-40 players.

So you trying to be witty, in your simple way, just proved my argument. Seeing as every college team carries a roster of 38-40 players Though thats not even close to true you dolt) there is no worry about fouling out all of your defenders because with a roster of, on the low side for your simple self, you have at least 8 for every position, including goalies, with a few spares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cmon I know you are not serious with this post, just do like basketball does , its takes 2 seconds to hand signal the number of the offender. After a players 5th foul or a teams 8th foul the offending team plays man down for 2 minutes or something
like that. If you have a kid who has 4 fouls you are going to either remove the stick swinger or instruct them to play within the rules. That said they need to call more charges.

So you trying to be witty, in your simple way, just proved my argument. Seeing as every college team carries a roster of 38-40 players Though thats not even close to true you dolt) there is no worry about fouling out all of your defenders because with a roster of, on the low side for your simple self, you have at least 8 for every position, including goalies, with a few spares.

Thanks for answering the question of what happens when you mix alcohol with stupidity. Keep posting Mr. Incoherent it's actually very comical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cmon I know you are not serious with this post, just do like basketball does , its takes 2 seconds to hand signal the number of the offender. After a players 5th foul or a teams 8th foul the offending team plays man down for 2 minutes or something
like that. If you have a kid who has 4 fouls you are going to either remove the stick swinger or instruct them to play within the rules. That said they need to call more charges.

Thanks for answering the question of what happens when you mix alcohol with stupidity. Keep posting Mr. Incoherent it's actually very comical.
So I'll try to be as "coherent" as possible for you..... You come on here and say a progressive foul system will not work because after 5 fouls each you would be out of defenders. If i am not mistaken some poster said a team would have to carry 8 defenders to allow for the girls that cant seem to not cross check, push, and swing at peoples heads. then one of you brillant people came on here and said every team carries a squad of 38 to 40 players. Now i might be incoherent, but i can do math...... I will slow it down for you seeing as you are not that smart. with a squad of 38 players....... and 4 positions on the field divided equally you come up with 9 players per position with 2 spare players........ according to your vast knowlage of the game, combined with those simple numbers, you have more than enough players to cover a game.

Now, in reality, most teams carry something closer to 25 - 30 players (not the fantasy numbers you quote and even 30 is a big squad), but even that allows st least 6 players per position with a couple of spares. We all know you dont carry 6 goalies so that frees up a coupe of more yet still enough to cover the afore mentiond girls that can't stop fouling. The real problem, that you can't seem to articulate, is that a team would not have enough top defenders to compete. and that I will agree to, and is also my point. If a teams top players continue to foul the will be removed from the game, hurting the teams chances for victory, so thny would then have to not commit as many fouls to remain in the game, that would llead to less whistles and a smoother game. Unless of course you like everytime a girl starts a fast break all the defender has to do is push her to stop the play instead of really trying to defend, but that would make you part of the problem, witch you clearly are. was that "Coherent" enough for you or do you need me to explain the rest of the game to you.

One last thing, not every foul would count, 3 seconds, reaching across the body, empty stick check, offsides, crease violation, and shooting space violations would not count to the 5, only body contact fouls like cross checks, pushes, charges, stick to the head, plus shooting fouls like dangerous shots would count. Those are the fouls that happen most frequently and slow the game in the midfield the most. Every foul called today singles out the offending players all the table reff has to do is keep t sheet with every number on it and put a check next to the # when ths foul is called, after 5 that player is ejected quite simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched the MD / PSU game a couple nights ago. No fan of either and actually so tired of MD winning nearly every year but have to give Reese credit. the offense they run is the only one I have ever seen that can consistently produce good shots. Dodge first or whatever they call it is nothing unique in women's lacrosse. What MD does is clear out when a girls gonna challenge. If a player is out on the wing, the other 6 clear out to the other side of the arc. Gets rid of any potential slides.

Other teams have girls trying to dodge from out top, D help is just a few steps away, and girls end up trying to plow through 3 girls to get to the rack and end up with a free position at best. Wouldn't you think other coaches when they are watching tape would recognize how much easier it is if you can create true 1on1 matchups??

As I said pretty tired of them winning every year but it ain't a coincidence, that team is organized..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cmon I know you are not serious with this post, just do like basketball does , its takes 2 seconds to hand signal the number of the offender. After a players 5th foul or a teams
8th foul the offending team plays man down for 2 minutes or something

So I'll try to be as "coherent" as possible for you..... You come on here and say a progressive foul system will not work because after 5 fouls each you would be out of defenders. If i am not mistaken some poster said a team would have to carry 8 defenders to allow for the girls that cant seem to not cross check, push, and swing at peoples heads. then one of you brillant people came on here and said every team carries a squad of 38 to 40 players. Now i might be incoherent, but i can do math...... I will slow it down for you seeing as you are not that smart. with a squad of 38 players....... and 4 positions on the field divided equally you come up with 9 players per position with 2 spare players........ according to your vast knowlage of the game, combined with those simple numbers, you have more than enough players to cover a game.

Now, in reality, most teams carry something closer to 25 - 30 players (not the fantasy numbers you quote and even 30 is a big squad), but even that allows st least 6 players per position with a couple of spares. We all know you dont carry 6 goalies so that frees up a coupe of more yet still enough to cover the afore mentiond girls that can't stop fouling. The real problem, that you can't seem to articulate, is that a team would not have enough top defenders to compete. and that I will agree to, and is also my point. If a teams top players continue to foul the will be removed from the game, hurting the teams chances for victory, so thny would then have to not commit as many fouls to remain in the game, that would llead to less whistles and a smoother game. Unless of course you like everytime a girl starts a fast break all the defender has to do is push her to stop the play instead of really trying to defend, but that would make you part of the problem, witch you clearly are. was that "Coherent" enough for you or do you need me to explain the rest of the game to you.

One last thing, not every foul would count, 3 seconds, reaching across the body, empty stick check, offsides, crease violation, and shooting space violations would not count to the 5, only body contact fouls like cross checks, pushes, charges, stick to the head, plus shooting fouls like dangerous shots would count. Those are the fouls that happen most frequently and slow the game in the midfield the most. Every foul called today singles out the offending players all the table reff has to do is keep t sheet with every number on it and put a check next to the # when ths foul is called, after 5 that player is ejected quite simple

You really are an idiot . Not one person will read your entire diatribe and you are so idiot you do not eve not get the fact that you are arguing with people who are on your side of the argument . Put the bottle down and the keyboard away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed!!!! This is funny stuff.. get him another round bottoms up tiger!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra out of playoffs. Will SS finally be out of a job?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra over Towson 17-15. I guess SS gonna hang around another year. GO PRIDE!!!

Back to reality today... Elon 15, Hofstra 7...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra out of playoffs. Will SS finally be out of a job?

No. Great freshman class. Parrella is a beast. Matterra and Gerety are very good too. Good sophomore goalie. Big improvement from last year. SS stays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also will be .500 she's sticking around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also will be .500 she's sticking around.

Most schools could care less about lacrosse. Hofstra made their position on sports known when they axed football. SS is above average with very good connections, strong name recognition, one of the best to ever play the game and continues to evolve as a coach. Sorry but being a top gun or YJ coach is nothing more than politics and dumping out a ball bag so there was a learning curve.

She is recruiting better and coaching better and she isn't breaking the bank at a school that isn't really a top tier academic or athletic school. She stays for the long haul.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 24
1 Maryland 16-0 400 20 1
2 Florida 14-2 377 2
3 North Carolina 13-2 357 3
4 Stony Brook 14-1 341 4
5 Penn State 14-2 321 5
6 Princeton 11-3 275 6
7 Southern California 14-3 272 8
8 Penn 12-2 259 10
9 Colorado 15-2 252 9
10 Syracuse 13-5 238 7
11 Cornell 10-4 184 12
12 Virginia 10-7 168 14
13 Notre Dame 11-6 154 11
14 Northwestern 9-7 143 15
15 Boston College 12-5 124 18
16 Denver 12-3 87 13
17 Towson 11-5 72 17
18 James Madison 11-6 58 16
19 Louisville 11-6 49 NR
20 Virginia Tech 11-7 33 19

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, April 24
1 Le Moyne 14-0 391 11 3
2 Lindenwood 17-0 384 9 2
3 Adelphi 13-1 365 1
4 Florida Southern 17-2 339 4
5 LIU Post 11-2 318 5
6 Florida Tech 12-2 272 9
7 Limestone 15-3 265 7
8 Queens 14-3 263 8
9 Rollins 12-4 251 6
10 New Haven 11-3 231 10
11 Pace 11-3 186 11
12 West Chester 11-3 172 12
12 NYIT 14-1 172 13
14 Regis (CO) 14-1 131 15
15 East Stroudsburg 13-2 115 17
16 Mercy 13-2 98 16
17 Mercyhurst 9-4 70 14
18 Stonehill 9-6 69 18
19 Indiana (PA) 10-5 65 19
20 Seton Hill 9-7 11 NR

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division III, April 24
1 College of NJ. 11-1 391 16 1
2 Washington & Lee 12-1 372 2 2
3 Gettysburg 13-2 362 2 3
4 [lacrosse] 14-2 324 5
5 Messiah 12-2 307 7
6 Colby 11-3 290 10
7 Middlebury 11-3 279 4
8 William Smith 14-1 273 8
9 Hamilton 11-4 240 11
10 Franklin & Marshall 12-4 232 9
11 Trinity (CT) 11-3 207 6
12 Ithaca 12-3 175 12
13 Salisbury 12-5 162 13
14 Catholic (DC) 10-4 122 14
15 Mary Washington 14-5 100 14
16 Bowdoin 10-4 89 16
17 Wesleyan (CT) 10-4 81 20
18 Cortland 11-3 76 17
19 Brockport 12-1 60 19
20 Tufts 9-5 37 18

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Poll for Division II, April 24
1 Le Moyne 14-0 391 11 3
2 Lindenwood 17-0 384 9 2
3 Adelphi 13-1 365 1
4 Florida Southern 17-2 339 4
5 LIU Post 11-2 318 5
6 Florida Tech 12-2 272 9
7 Limestone 15-3 265 7
8 Queens 14-3 263 8
9 Rollins 12-4 251 6
10 New Haven 11-3 231 10
11 Pace 11-3 186 11
12 West Chester 11-3 172 12
12 NYIT 14-1 172 13
14 Regis (CO) 14-1 131 15
15 East Stroudsburg 13-2 115 17
16 Mercy 13-2 98 16
17 Mercyhurst 9-4 70 14
18 Stonehill 9-6 69 18
19 Indiana (PA) 10-5 65 19
20 Seton Hill 9-7 11 NR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island girls Ohlmiller and Apuzzo best in the country right now. Love watching them both, Apuzzo does everything right, KO is a human highlight reel. Both don't get credit, both have put together better seasons than McCool. These lax media outlets hype some players up and they don't even deserve it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island girls Ohlmiller and Apuzzo best in the country right now. Love watching them both, Apuzzo does everything right, KO is a human highlight reel. Both don't get credit, both have put together better seasons than McCool. These lax media outlets hype some players up and they don't even deserve it.

Yes I very much agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So great to see so many new D2 programs in the top 20, and completely agree with some girls getting overlooked!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both are pretty good but far behind Ronbeck at Florida

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only LI people care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just so wrong, Both players have more points then Ronbeck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter committed to Villanova as a 2018 and she is regretting it every second. The team is terrible and the coach will probably be gone by the time she gets there. What the heck is going on at that school? The school has such a proud history of great sports .. how does the AD let her destroy this program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just so wrong, Both players have more points then Ronbeck.
so points scored is the only criteria your going by? She playes on a team of studs and is 3rd in points. Both KO and aapuzzo are there respective teams offence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter committed to Villanova as a 2018 and she is regretting it every second. The team is terrible and the coach will probably be gone by the time she gets there. What the heck is going on at that school? The school has such a proud history of great sports .. how does the AD let her destroy this program?

I hate to say it, but this is just another reason early recruiting is a bad idea. So much can change in 2,3,4 years. I can't imagine there are many parents whose kids commit early that don't worry if they made the right choice.
Maybe your daughter still has time to play somewhere else? If not, take the great education Villanova has to offer. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, if you did your research you would know that Villanova only really cares about men's basketball and their men's track/cross country program. The other sports not so much. It is a great school, they just don't emphasize their sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Villanova girls basically hate that coach. She is dishonest, moody, does not motivate them at all and is nasty. There's a reason why she's not getting the results she should. Even the starters hate her. Why do you think she cycles through assistant coaches every year? With any luck, she WILL be gone by the time your daughter gets there. Keep your fingers crossed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure you got a lot of money to go there. Just be happy with that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of a few years ago Villanova was not fully funded. Not sure if that has changed but the current junior and senior classes at Villanova were recruited when the program was no more than 50% funded. That has a tremendous impact on talent. It does not change the fact that the coach has a terrible reputation - that impacts recruiting as well. Just adding more insight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got some intel on this from a big booster (who played basketball there many years ago). Basically unless it's basketball baseball or track the university doesn't know it exists. She runs things 100 percent her way period. No matter who she snubs or how many loses it doesn't even hit the radar. This guy could be wrong but he is a legit insider so I am passing it along.

Page 54 of 75 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard