BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Re: Boys 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there. I am a Next Level parent. My kid was warming up on the field next door. Don't have any connection to either team. Madlax was beating Team 91 by like 6 goals and the Team 91 coach was yelling insults right and left. I clearly heard him yell break his arm. It was hard to miss. The refs stopped calling fouls on Team 91 and let the Team 91 players swing away. Repeated blows to the head that went uncalled. There was a conduct call against Millon that for some reason the refs retracted, and then they gave the ball back to Team 91. I didn't think CM did anything bad. There were a couple of times he thought there should have been a foul (and he was right). In fact, it looked to me like all he was doing was protecting his players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son plays for MM...I know his voice!

Stellar parent you are for letting this as*hole coach your child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That isn't Mark Millon's voice. He yells at my 5th grader day in and day out at practice. I would know. He's more of a break his kneecaps kind of guy anyway. Fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for MM...I know his voice!

Stellar parent you are for letting this as*hole coach your child.

Who are you to judge me? You have no clue what my situation is. I do agree he is a disgrace to the lacrosse community and I will be making changes for my son when I am able to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the game. I was there for a Next Level game following this one. There was a big difference between CM and MM. CM was passionately coaching his own team. At no time, did I hear him yell anything derrogatory at any of the kids. MM was yelling disgusting things at both his own team and the other team. I don't know about you, but I don't want some grown man insulting my kid or telling his own kid to break my kid's arm.

I can agree with this post. And that is the big thing about CM he yells at his players but does not and I have never heard him call them names or insults. His brashness is brash and to the point very clearly but he should not be thrown in with MM and his insults and calls for injury's.

Let it be worked out by the league - 200 people could come on this board at any time trashing any coach or any team in a semi coordinated effort. And to the comment critcizing a 91 parent, please be reasonable - every club director out there has his "issues" whether you are aware of them or not. We could start a whole thread on that topic and not just comparing MM and CM. Each family chooses the team that is best for them and their children- nobody needs to be criticizing what another parent does or does not do with respect to their kids. Everyone involved in youth lacrosse lives in glass houses.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
makes me wonder if MM got hit in the head one too many times in his playing days. I have witnessed him in action, irrational. now this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the love of God can we move on to something else?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not madlax, but I think that hit was high. It's going to happen when you play hard it's unavoidable. No need for the scumbag, but way to keep the team 91 parents reputation intact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets also not forget that Madlax had two conduct penalties in this game.

Not madlax, but I think that hit was high. It's going to happen when you play hard it's unavoidable. No need for the scumbag, but way to keep the team 91 parents reputation intact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the game. I was there for a Next Level game following this one. There was a big difference between CM and MM. CM was passionately coaching his own team. At no time, did I hear him yell anything derrogatory at any of the kids. MM was yelling disgusting things at both his own team and the other team. I don't know about you, but I don't want some grown man insulting my kid or telling his own kid to break my kid's arm.

I can agree with this post. And that is the big thing about CM he yells at his players but does not and I have never heard him call them names or insults. His brashness is brash and to the point very clearly but he should not be thrown in with MM and his insults and calls for injury's.

Let it be worked out by the league - 200 people could come on this board at any time trashing any coach or any team in a semi coordinated effort. And to the comment critcizing a 91 parent, please be reasonable - every club director out there has his "issues" whether you are aware of them or not. We could start a whole thread on that topic and not just comparing MM and CM. Each family chooses the team that is best for them and their children- nobody needs to be criticizing what another parent does or does not do with respect to their kids. Everyone involved in youth lacrosse lives in glass houses.

Amen brotha.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That isn't Mark Millon's voice. He yells at my 5th grader day in and day out at practice. I would know. He's more of a break his kneecaps kind of guy anyway. Fake news.

Talk about Fake News... That is his voice for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't think CM did anything bad. There were a couple of times he thought there should have been a foul (and he was right). In fact, it looked to me like all he was doing was protecting his players.

You're right. The Madlax owner really cares about his players.

MM is feisty, but he's no worse than the Madlax guy.

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't think CM did anything bad. There were a couple of times he thought there should have been a foul (and he was right). In fact, it looked to me like all he was doing was protecting his players.

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Frankly both issues are wrong..But if you think telling a player to break a 5th graders arm and belittling a 5th grader are on the same as writing an email to a HS player, might want to rethink that.

What MM did is unacceptable behavior around 5th graders.There is no Grey area. It is plain [lacrosse] wrong and he shouldn't be allowed on field for some time. Frankly, he should be suspended for some period of time. For HOCO to let these go. Just proves what type of people they are. How Howard County would want this??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Frankly both issues are wrong..But if you think telling a player to break a 5th graders arm and belittling a 5th grader are on the same as writing an email to a HS player, might want to rethink that.

What MM did is unacceptable behavior around 5th graders.There is no Grey area. It is plain [lacrosse] wrong and he shouldn't be allowed on field for some time. Frankly, he should be suspended for some period of time. For HOCO to let these go. Just proves what type of people they are. How Howard County would want this??

HOCO likes the drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this needs to stop. Coachs make mistakes as they are people. If you do not like the way they coach then do not play for them or their programs. If you want to hurt them you do that in their pocket. Nothing on this board will change anything. Lacrosse is the wild west in youth sports and until US Lacrosse really gets involved nothing will change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this needs to stop. Coachs make mistakes as they are people. If you do not like the way they coach then do not play for them or their programs. If you want to hurt them you do that in their pocket. Nothing on this board will change anything. Lacrosse is the wild west in youth sports and until US Lacrosse really gets involved nothing will change.

Enabler

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark Millon "Break His Arm" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVg-Wrwu7LU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enable what? There are so many dumb comments on this board.
If US lacrosse had any control like USA hockey you would not have so many issues about ages for kids or uncontrollable coaches. With out the governing body having any athority nothing will ever change in this sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sticking your head in the sand is not the answer. If Millon or any other coach from 91 said anything remotely close to "break his arm" or "he's a [lacrosse]", they should be suspended immediately. This is 5th grade sports, although regardless of the age any comment like these at any age (high school or college) are grossly inappropriate.

This is an embarrassment not only for that club, but also the league and more importantly, incredibly disrespectful to the game or lacrosse.

Perspective people! BTW, not a parent of either team not affiliated with either club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This one is better. Team 9d1 must be so proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is nothing compared to what the Madlax owner has said. History of belittling and attacking players, opposing coaches and officials.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not a league issue. This is a program or a US lacrosse issue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is nothing compared to what the Madlax owner has said. History of belittling and attacking players, opposing coaches and officials.

This is just not true you has the nasty email and he does yell at his players but no proof insults to his or other kids. And they all yell at Refs and the nice coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move on??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Mark "Break His Arm" Millon
Can we move on??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
break his arms is a term that coaches have used in lacrosse forever. This is a none issue.

Its like a football coach telling a player to knock his head off!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. If you say in a game - let alone a youth one - to break someone's arm, that is not ok ever. Those officials should have flagged him if they heard it.

Regarding Madlax, my daughter just made a "Hey Ungrateful Quitter" sign. She is going to bring it to the field when we play Madlax. Let's see if any tough guy Madlax dads snatch it away from her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just not true you has the nasty email and he does yell at his players but no proof insults to his or other kids. And they all yell at Refs and the nice coaches.

It is not just 1 email. When kids left Madlax for other clubs, he threatened others too. Charged people extra for Madlax Academy fees. As for "no proof insults", did you not read the Deadspin article?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree w/ another poster that "break his arm, break his arm..." should not be treated too literally and a call for deportation. Coaches teach kids all the time in practice to work the hands/arms/body of players all the time, and use all sorts of phrases/words to communicate that so the kids relate. Would a better choice of words been "hit his gloves, armpads, etc."? Sure....but, that would be even more weird in the context of contact sport coaching. Not making an excuse for him, but...

Regardless, this guy mocking the big kid and calling him a 9th grader is ridiculous and insulting. You can even see the kid turning his head to MM after he said it, which isn't a proud moment. This guy, MM, should get more than a slap on the wrist, IMHO. There's obviously a trend here w/ him, and it sucks for these kids. Let's stop it.

All of the Parents, Coaches, and Kids just need to take a major chill-pill and enjoy a beautiful Sunday in HoCo for some great games. Maybe have a nice BBQ afterwards. Jeepers.

Anyone have anything constructive to say about this talented age group?!? Seems to me this is an incredibly talented group (I have kids in other groups as well, so think that in perspective). Not many teams are playing in the AA division (usual suspects), but a TON in the A division as well. This is going to be a great group of boys to watch in the coming years as they matriculate....

P.S. Not a parent of 91 or ML, just an observer and fan of my kids and the sport. Would love to see some fun and interesting things to discuss on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see anything in the video that would garner a penalty from the refs. "Break his arms" is a phrase that coaches have used forever.....plus its definitely not MM yelling it.

Its a different voice then when he talks about the ninth grader coming in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see anything in the video that would garner a penalty from the refs. "Break his arms" is a phrase that coaches have used forever.....plus its definitely not MM yelling it.

Its a different voice then when he talks about the ninth grader coming in.

If this were the first incident with the guy, I think people might give him the benefit of the doubt. Many have seen the same behavior at the 2022s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree w/ another poster that "break his arm, break his arm..." should not be treated too literally and a call for deportation. Coaches teach kids all the time in practice to work the hands/arms/body of players all the time, and use all sorts of phrases/words to communicate that so the kids relate. Would a better choice of words been "hit his gloves, armpads, etc."? Sure....but, that would be even more weird in the context of contact sport coaching. Not making an excuse for him, but...

1. Saying "break his arm" is unacceptable at any level. Ask a lacrosse official and he will tell you the same thing.

2. Your entire paragraph IS an excuse for that behavior.

We at Madlax are used to haters because our sons play for the best club out there. We will deal with your BS and beat your kids on the field like we always do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Saying "break his arm" is unacceptable at any level. Ask a lacrosse official and he will tell you the same thing.

We at Madlax are used to haters because our sons play for the best club out there. We will deal with your BS and beat your kids on the field like we always do.

Okay, all you Team 9d1 parents that are getting up in "arms" (pun intended). If you haven't figured it out yet, all these posts are not coming from Madlax parents or anyone within the club. Other teams (probably in the Baltimore area) are running with this, and posing as Madlax parents. It would be a classy move, however, if the Team 9d1 MD organization would just come out and say it was poor behavior and it won't happen again. Everyone makes mistakes, and hopefully we learn from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you haven't figured it out yet, all these posts are not coming from Madlax parents or anyone within the club. Other teams (probably in the Baltimore area) are running with this, and posing as Madlax parents.

And you know that how? I wouldn't put anything past those parents. Anyone crazy enough to let their kid play for the Madlax owner is crazy enough to say anything. I would never give a guy my money when he tries to intimidate his own kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the best club...get off the crack...delusional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This one is better. Team 9d1 must be so proud.

I heard his camps can cost you an "arm & a leg" but I thought that was just a figure of speech. This guy really does want our arms!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The person who wrote this last post is NOT a Madlax parent. We don't go around saying we are the best club out there because we don't believe we are the best club out there. Every club has its + and -. Madlax is no different. Our 2024 is a very good, complete team; some of our other teams are not as strong. That's the case with most clubs. However, the 2024 parents are not ones to go on a blog site and brag about their club. Undoubtedly this is another club parent trying to create animosity towards Madlax, its players, and families.

This whole MM/Cabell discussion is getting old. Can we chat about something else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been around lacrosse for 20 years ..many years in youth and now still in youth along with HS.
For a coach to say to anyone and especially youth " break his arms" is totally irresponsible along with frankly someone being a complete jerk. This isnt some common term used in lacrosse. I havent even heard it used as such? And to belittle a 5th grader ..does anyone even need to say anything about this besides it being completely wrong?

Their is a certain responsibility to coaching youth sports. Having a pattern of this behavior is not a good thing. The league should be proactive and give him a few games off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly how old is 24 from Madlax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The person who wrote this last post is NOT a Madlax parent. We don't go around saying we are the best club out there because we don't believe we are the best club out there. Every club has its + and -. Madlax is no different. Our 2024 is a very good, complete team; some of our other teams are not as strong. That's the case with most clubs. However, the 2024 parents are not ones to go on a blog site and brag about their club. Undoubtedly this is another club parent trying to create animosity towards Madlax, its players, and families.

This whole MM/Cabell discussion is getting old. Can we chat about something else?

It must be embarrassing to see your fellow Madlax parents act like jerks here, but your weak attempts to excuse/deny their behavior is just as sad. You do not speak for all of them and I have met plenty of them who talk just like the way some of the posts are written. Plus it's an anonymous forum so you have no idea who is who.

I'm glad you think you have a complete team. We'll see in a few years. Easy to understand why you don't want people comparing the Madlax guy to the Team 88+3 guy. They are cut from the same cloth.

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard