BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Long Island Jesters
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are the Jesters having another round of tryouts? I received an e-mail stating "due to overwhelming response" they are having a second round of tryouts. Now it's not on the web-site anymore. Maybe to many complaints....
BOTC spoke in detail this morning with Rich Nessim regarding several topics in this Jesters thread and more topics that have recently come up in the lacrosse world.

BOTC understands that the Jesters would like to establish a developmental program to get younger players ready for travel lacrosse.

Expect that the club would like to offer additional options for players at some point in the near future.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest here. They are looking for disgruntled quality players that were put on the B and C teams at other clubs. Not a bad business move. They just need to clarify what their intent is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest here. They are looking for disgruntled quality players that were put on the B and C teams at other clubs. Not a bad business move. They just need to clarify what their intent is.

"They just need to clarify their intent" why?

Isn't it obvious? Demand for place to play..Have tryouts, form teams, play lacrosse.

Do programs need to clarify their intent more than that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if a parent/player who hasn't made one of these travel teams comes down this weekend to tryout and it's decided that he is talented enough to play with there A team. What do they do with him? Will the parents that were already selected for a team and had to put a deposit down to secure a spot and not be allowed to tryout anywhere else feel they were mislead? The Jesters did put the new tryout dates on the website when the e-mail went out but its no longer up. Are they having it or not? No answer from the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if a parent/player who hasn't made one of these travel teams comes down this weekend to tryout and it's decided that he is talented enough to play with there A team. What do they do with him? Will the parents that were already selected for a team and had to put a deposit down to secure a spot and not be allowed to tryout anywhere else feel they were mislead? The Jesters did put the new tryout dates on the website when the e-mail went out but its no longer up. Are they having it or not? No answer from the club.

Changing the website to suit themselves is a classic Jester move. They did it last year with the 4th grade program they were giving one set of things before the money was paid and then a significantly less amount of stuff after. They changed the website to reflect new plan. If I were you I would copy the webpage when you register. LOL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did it with the 4th Grade is true. The end of Spring they took a bunch of Wantagh Kids with coaches who have coached in Jesters before and back filled the roster off there other team and entered them in tournaments

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Changing the website to suit themselves is a classic Jester move. They did it last year with the 4th grade program they were giving one set of things before the money was paid and then a significantly less amount of stuff after. They changed the website to reflect new plan. If I were you I would copy the webpage when you register. LOL
To be fair, this is a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, readers would complain if they were looking at old data; on the other hand, there are complaints that the site is updated without an announcement. The key point is trying to reflect that there was any update at all.

In all seriousness, if an e-mail was done, an update showing a change of status is always the best course of action and what we typically try to do for our readers here on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the web site they still have the tryout posted. Are you looking at the right site. Hit f5 to refresh your computer when you are on the site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your saying kids from the Jesters played with another team in tournaments and your point being.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Note that BOTC has "got the goods" on the Sunday, September 30th additional tryout for the Jesters program. (Remember, we mentioned that we were working with the Jesters program to bring our readers the updated information as soon as it was available!) See the BOTC Tryouts Forum for the latest Long Island Jesters tryout information or visit their web site (click on the content island entry along the right side of the display).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point being the team played under the Jester name with players that were not on there initial Jester team and the players on the initial Jester team were left off and didnt get to play in tournament. So they pick and choose and can do this again in spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Note that BOTC has "got the goods" on the Sunday, September 30th additional tryout for the Jesters program. (Remember, we mentioned that we were working with the Jesters program to bring our readers the updated information as soon as it was available!) See the BOTC Tryouts Forum for the latest Long Island Jesters tryout information or visit their web site (click on the content island entry along the right side of the display).

I wonder if they will get a lot of top players that walked away from the $2400 bill handed to them at express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point being the team played under the Jester name with players that were not on there initial Jester team and the players on the initial Jester team were left off and didnt get to play in tournament. So they pick and choose and can do this again in spring

If they play the set tournaments with your sons team (they do give you a list of tournament) and then choose to play other tournaments with another team of kids from that age group then tough. They are giving you what they advertised if you want your child to play in those other tournaments make sure he trains year round. Key in any program is winning winning brings players if your son helps contribute to wins he will always be looked for if not too bad this isn't town ball these people aren't here to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they play the set tournaments with your sons team (they do give you a list of tournament) and then choose to play other tournaments with another team of kids from that age group then tough. They are giving you what they advertised if you want your child to play in those other tournaments make sure he trains year round. Key in any program is winning winning brings players if your son helps contribute to wins he will always be looked for if not too bad this isn't town ball these people aren't here to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

May not apply to this team, grade or situation but take warning!!!

That is not entirely true, even if your son is a key contributor to a teams success and a top player, they may be left behind. This happens when the coach is an unscrupulous parent or an unscrupulous parent leading the charge behind the scenes.

As mom says, Look both ways before you cross the street (because you might get steamrolled). While at these tryouts, make sure you look at who is there. If you see a parent who coached another elite team be leary why they are on there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats with the Jesters, what are they trying to hide? Why are the old tryout dates still front and center on the web page and not the new tryout dates for this weekend? All of the links including the one mentioned does not bring you to the page you posted. Not ady to harp on it but it just sounds like they are trying to hide something and I feel they mislead the parents with kids who made the team and had to put $500 deposits down within days of being notified. That prevented the ones who played by the rules..not to be able to tryout elsewhere but now we find out we could have. I cant stand the way this clubs operates alreany and I'm with them now till the summer.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Whats with the Jesters, what are they trying to hide? Why are the old tryout dates still front and center on the web page and not the new tryout dates for this weekend? All of the links including the one mentioned does not bring you to the page you posted. Not ady to harp on it but it just sounds like they are trying to hide something and I feel they mislead the parents with kids who made the team and had to put $500 deposits down within days of being notified. That prevented the ones who played by the rules..not to be able to tryout elsewhere but now we find out we could have. I cant stand the way this clubs operates alreany and I'm with them now till the summer.
BOTC has been working directly with the Jesters - the tryout details for Sunday, September 30th are what we see on the Jesters main home page right now. Use the Jesters link along the right side of the BOTC screen - the revised tryouts details are front and center.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC has been working directly with the Jesters - the tryout details for Sunday, September 30th are what we see on the Jesters main home page right now. Use the Jesters link along the right side of the BOTC screen - the revised tryouts details are front and center.

Using the link on the right side of the page- when I click on Jesters- I still see the old dates. I wonder why it shows for some and not others? Just a heads up- not everyone may be seeing the new dates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it's something with my computer then but I still see all the old dates. Thank you for checking.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Maybe it's something with my computer then but I still see all the old dates. Thank you for checking.
Use "F5" on your keyboard to force the refresh of the web page. If that still does not display the September 30th details, you can find the information on the BOTC Tryouts Forum.

Note that if you click on the "Find Out More" link at the bottom of the home page, you will be taken to the original (older) tryouts from earlier in the month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hit your refresh button the new date has been posted on the website. No one is hiding anything its going to rain all weekend. Look at the forecast. Call Rich to discuss your concerns. I am sure he will explain the details to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They change the dates of tryouts to make as much $$and as possible. The 2015 tryouts were scheduled in early september and then they pushed it back to mid november. Probably didnt get enough kids wanting to play for them after what happened last summer. Would have been a low turnout. So they move it to november and get whatever kids kids are left that didnt make other travel clubs. Just want as much money as they can get their hands on. They will have very few returning players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jesters are bottom feeders. They change the dates of tryouts to make as much $$and as possible. The 2015 tryouts were scheduled in early september and then they pushed it back to mid november. Probably didnt get enough kids wanting to play for them after what happened last summer. Would have been a low turnout. So they move it to november and get whatever kids kids are left that didnt make other travel clubs. Just want as much money as they can get their hands on. They will have very few returning players.

Considering they added teams to their overall program and at many age levels I would say perhaps your statement lacks some accuracy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% incorrect. Kids have football. I am sure the majority of the kids will return when the roster is finalized. They will send it to you oh they cannot you are hiding behind a e mail. Good luck to you and your son

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They change the dates of tryouts to make as much $$and as possible. The 2015 tryouts were scheduled in early september and then they pushed it back to mid november. Probably didnt get enough kids wanting to play for them after what happened last summer. Would have been a low turnout. So they move it to november and get whatever kids kids are left that didnt make other travel clubs. Just want as much money as they can get their hands on. They will have very few returning players.

Most tryouts for 2015 are late November. Maybe it was just a misprint. Or is that thinking too hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an idea about how much it cost for the Jesters Spring season. My son made the one of the teams for next year summer and i wonder how expensive the spring season will be as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an idea about how much it cost for the Jesters Spring season. My son made the one of the teams for next year summer and i wonder how expensive the spring season will be as well

Assume it will be their standard spring league - about $2000 for the team last year- @ 23 kids per head lets round up to $90 + whatever cost Jesters will add on top of that if not already covered in their season tuition for coaches costs, etc...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Last year spring was included in the tuition, check the website to be sure for this year though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to the Jesters this year but from what the parents that played last year are saying, things are a little different this year. Last year there were two different prices if you committed to the summer the spring was one price but if you didn’t play in the summer than the spring price was much more. Does anybody know where the Jesters have the winter program at $375 for six two hour sessions? Want to know before I sign-up.

Originally Posted by LaxMom1310

Last year spring was included in the tuition, check the website to be sure for this year though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset at the Hub

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good showing by the 2017 Group this past weekend. Way to go boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what is going on with Jesters 2018 teams? My son made the team but hasn't heard anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your sons name?
Call the club they had practice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have called the club. I've emailed the club. I've texted the club. Nobody responds. I spoke with the coach who said the roster came from the organization. It's very troubling that no-one will get back to me, yet I have an email inviting me to join the team but my son is not on the roster. Interestingly enough that roster has already been changed at least once since it was posted. I don't know what to do at this point. It's been almost 2 weeks since I made my first contact with the director. I've emailed and left voice messages numerous times. No word since then. I figured I'd see if there are any others who haven't been contacted. My son was invited after the first tryout and we committed to the team, paid, and passed on tryouts with other teams. There was a second tryout and suddenly everything appears to have changed.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have called the club. I've emailed the club. I've texted the club. Nobody responds. I spoke with the coach who said the roster came from the organization. It's very troubling that no-one will get back to me, yet I have an email inviting me to join the team but my son is not on the roster. Interestingly enough that roster has already been changed at least once since it was posted. I don't know what to do at this point. It's been almost 2 weeks since I made my first contact with the director. I've emailed and left voice messages numerous times. No word since then. I figured I'd see if there are any others who haven't been contacted. My son was invited after the first tryout and we committed to the team, paid, and passed on tryouts with other teams. There was a second tryout and suddenly everything appears to have changed.
Drop us an e-mail here at BOTC via cagesage@backofthecage.com. We will get you in touch with the Jesters staff within an hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to doing buisness with the Jesters!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sagecage

I believe the issue has been resolved. If this the same player from the other night I spoke with parents Saturday night. I will check with them to make sure tommorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I believe the issue has been resolved. If this the same player from the other night I spoke with parents Saturday night. I will check with them to make sure tommorrow.
Good news - thank you for the confirmation. Hopefully, you all came through Superstorm Sandy unscathed aside from power as with 90% of Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard