BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 58 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020s that are already committed are not affected by the rule change. They can still communicate with their coach by phone since the recruiting conversation has already taken place. They just can't visit until Jr year. This is what my committed sons coach told him. They also can talk at prospect camps held at the school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My 9th grader already knows what major she wants to study and what type of school. A 15/16 year old can make this decision. The 8th graders NO. To pull the rug out form under the 2020's who were close to verbals or would be after this summer and fall circuit is ridiculous.

Guess what? Three of my kids knew what they wanted to major in too, one of them for years, before entering college. Then things changed. Don't bank on a 15yo sticking with a decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question????? What about all the college coaches that are now coaching with club teams. Are they recruiting??? College Coaches whose kids that play on club teams. Conversations with parents/kids on sidelines OK???

This was a dumb, un-American rule that is supposed to be enforced by a corrupt NCAA. Lets see which teams get hurt by some NCAA sanction??? My guess....not any of the biggest early recruiting schools whose coaches talked out of both sides of their mouth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020s that are already committed are not affected by the rule change. They can still communicate with their coach by phone since the recruiting conversation has already taken place. They just can't visit until Jr year. This is what my committed sons coach told him. They also can talk at prospect camps held at the school.

We were told no contact until Junior year. Commitment still honored. Based upon this forum, seems like the enactment went as planned, i.e. SNAFU, as did the discussions on implementation, i.e. SNAFU. No skin in the game but NCAA clearly went with PR and optics over reality to appease the blue bloods/Ivies. Let Duke/ND/etc poach. . .never understood how a free market was not good. Oh yeah, Tradition! (yeah, right, US lacrosse wha wha wha. . .).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were told no contact until Junior year. Commitment still honored. Based upon this forum, seems like the enactment went as planned, i.e. SNAFU, as did the discussions on implementation, i.e. SNAFU. No skin in the game but NCAA clearly went with PR and optics over reality to appease the blue bloods/Ivies. Let Duke/ND/etc poach. . .never understood how a free market was not good. Oh yeah, Tradition! (yeah, right, US lacrosse wha wha wha. . .).

Some of us believe that recruiting 8th graders is a bad idea overall.

Just because you lucked out with your kid committing early doesn't mean it's a good thing for the game or for (the bulk of) those who play it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question????? What about all the college coaches that are now coaching with club teams. Are they recruiting??? College Coaches whose kids that play on club teams. Conversations with parents/kids on sidelines OK???

This was a dumb, un-American rule that is supposed to be enforced by a corrupt NCAA. Lets see which teams get hurt by some NCAA sanction??? My guess....not any of the biggest early recruiting schools whose coaches talked out of both sides of their mouth.

Un-American? Really? It's lacrosse, not the degradation of the free world. Put it in perspective please. You knew this was coming, did you do anything? Consult a lawyer? File a class action lawsuit with all the others? Any attempt to use the American system to block what you call un-American, or just world class whining on BOTC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because you lucked out with your kid committing early doesn't mean it's a good thing for the game or for (the bulk of) those who play it.

9th grade. Mature for his age. Big. Great Grades. That describes 99% of the commits for the 2020 class. That's about 100 kids out of what? Several thousand kids? Guess what. . .everyone has a spot. The Ivies and Duke/ND said, ENOUGH OF THIS, and made this happen. Why do you think Big Ten is so big this year? ER. It's called parity. But can't let that happen (except Hops. . .we'll do anything for Hops). US Lacrosse just won. . . not your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is completely wrong. Your 2020 verbal committment means nothing to the NCAA . Same rules apply to all 2020 kids .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why many settled quickly before the change. Everyone knew if they gave kids until 8/1 everyone would verbal and that defeats the purpose. The sane ones can work on their grades and realize there is much more money in academics and they might actually have a major the want to pursue by jr year

Only the serious contenders would have committed who were already in conversations. Even the April 26th date would have been enough for those kids. They were wrong to just implement immediately. And despite what you may believe, some kids are a lot more mature and have known what they want to do for years - they are being penalized because someone else may not. That is for parents to guide and help in the decision and 16 and 10 th grade is mature enough for many. NCAA succumbed to the pressure exerted by those schools who could not compete with the ER schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9th grade. Mature for his age. Big. Great Grades. That describes 99% of the commits for the 2020 class. That's about 100 kids out of what? Several thousand kids? Guess what. . .everyone has a spot. The Ivies and Duke/ND said, ENOUGH OF THIS, and made this happen. Why do you think Big Ten is so big this year? ER. It's called parity. But can't let that happen (except Hops. . .we'll do anything for Hops). US Lacrosse just won. . . not your kid.

Yet US Lacrosse is not willing to step in and do anything meaningful to help with issues in youth lacrosse. Was sick of seeing their "PR" on the evils of early recruiting. Very transparent and not that they care, but no more of our $$.

As to 15-16 year olds kids knowing what they want...yes, many do. Perhaps not yours but quite a few do and the schools that most committed to had plenty of majors should they change their minds.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Early commits are not luck. They are clearly some of the best players of that age group.
2. If it is not good for your child, then don't let them commit but you should not be legislating or determining if mine or anyone else's kids commit.
3. Have not heard anyone here say 8th grade is a good idea- the discussion is primarily about the 2020 players who are already involved in unofficial visits and coach discussions and will be 16 and in tenth grade in 4 months and should be allowed to choose what is best for them. The rule should have been 2021 and younger to allow for things to settle down and not catch one year mid way.
4. The game has nothing to do with it. It works just fine for other sports and parity is achieved through free enterprise - not a set of rules catering to a certain set of schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Early commits are not luck. They are clearly some of the best players of that age group.
2. If it is not good for your child, then don't let them commit but you should not be legislating or determining if mine or anyone else's kids commit.
3. Have not heard anyone here say 8th grade is a good idea- the discussion is primarily about the 2020 players who are already involved in unofficial visits and coach discussions and will be 16 and in tenth grade in 4 months and should be allowed to choose what is best for them. The rule should have been 2021 and younger to allow for things to settle down and not catch one year mid way.
4. The game has nothing to do with it. It works just fine for other sports and parity is achieved through free enterprise - not a set of rules catering to a certain set of schools.

Great post, spot on! The sad part is that the parents of kids with no interest think this will help them. For the vast majority, this new "rule" will make no difference. For that "late bloomer", they would have been noticed with or without this change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND recruits as early as anyone out there and they will probably be disappointed in many of the early 19's & 20's they already verbally committed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can kids still email college coaches or is it not allowed as part of the new rule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.>[/quote]

Hey violin whiner , do you have any older kid who had to get into college the "regular" way? Do you know how HARD that is and how stressful junior is? Plus senior year waiting to hear from your dream school?
My 9th grader already knows what major she wants to study and what type of school. A 15/16 year old can make this decision. The 8th graders NO. To pull the rug out form under the 2020's who were close to verbals or would be after this summer and fall circuit is ridiculous.[/quote]

You are the type of person they changed the rule for. Its about being a kid, growing up and picking a good fit in college. Its well documented that almost 50% of kids don't play for 4 years in college so get the right major at the right school. You're hanging on too tight its a freakin game its not ridiculous at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND recruits as early as anyone out there and they will probably be disappointed in many of the early 19's & 20's they already verbally committed

Maybe or maybe not but that is their choice and the choice of the fAmilies that they are dealing with. Sorry if you are not one of them but it is their risk to take regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids can email coaches but coaches are not allowed to read the emails.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What? Not true at all...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet US Lacrosse is not willing to step in and do anything meaningful to help with issues in youth lacrosse. Was sick of seeing their "PR" on the evils of early recruiting. Very transparent and not that they care, but no more of our $$.

As to 15-16 year olds kids knowing what they want...yes, many do. Perhaps not yours but quite a few do and the schools that most committed to had plenty of majors should they change their minds.

Great point- these are not tiny liberal arts schools these kids are committing to - they are large schools with TONS of majors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CLASS ACTION SUIT........
This change of policy should have been grandfathered in. There are at least three grade years, 2019-2021 that have invested heavily in camps, clinics, showcases, coaches visits, all with heavy camp fees, travel and lodging expenses. It is monies that are now ill taken, and many will need to start over in 1-3 years and spend all over again. Add up a typical one year recruit campaign. Attend 3-4 camps, clinics, a few coaches visits, several car rides, hotels and plane tickets. This is a $5000 - $10,000 expense easily if not more. Many players heavily invested in the process right now just got that thrown in the trash can without any warning. Three age groups of D1 and D2 boys and girls, you are talking about literally at least 5000 kids heavily invested in this process just had that money thrown in the garbage by NCAA. That's in the neighborhood of $25,000,000.00 to $50,000,000.00. Yes small peanuts to NCAA with all the basketball and football money laying around. And what makes it worse is they foretold of impending dates which was the correct way to do it, so people with time and money invested in the process thought they could wrap up their campaigns, also allow coaches to wrap it up. This dirty, sneaky lie and the way they shut it down is the big problem here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet this was coming down the pipeline for months, everyone knew about it, and not one of the complainers put up a fight. If it is affecting you and your family in a negative capacity you should have utilized your rights to hire an attorney and fought this great injustice. Since no one did, guess it wasn't that important to any of you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes we have 4 kids and let me tell you they know exactly what they want to do in 8th grade. Give me a break. This early recruiting BS was being driven by 1.lunatic parents, 2.lunatic coaches. 3. Thieving club directors and then 4.the players themselves.

This is a smart decision on many fronts. The best kids will still get theirs, but it gives everyone else time to fine tune their game, work on their grades and have a clue on where and what they want to study. Stop with the BS that 8th and 9th graders know what path they want. Plus it takes a lot more guess work out for coaches tying up bad money on a hot 9th grader who is passed by better players in HS. Money is actually going to go to the best players now.

Don't lose sight of the facts people- less than 2% of HS athletes get athletic scholarship money. Less than 50% play all 4 years. 37% of kids transfer once in college and of those 37%, 42% transfer a 2nd time. If you slow down the process you have a much better chance of getting it right on all counts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet this was coming down the pipeline for months, everyone knew about it, and not one of the complainers put up a fight. If it is affecting you and your family in a negative capacity you should have utilized your rights to hire an attorney and fought this great injustice. Since no one did, guess it wasn't that important to any of you.

Where is the ACLU??? Get the various Reverends in front of the press making their pronouncements about unfair and unequal treatment. Ring the Rainbow coalition alarm - start the protests and marches!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What your are missing is that the published implementation date leads up to the vote was August 1st which those in the middle of the process and talking seriously with coaches were aware of and knew they would have those months to finalize matters once the D1 season was over. The coaches and the families had their plan in place and the NCAA chose to be deceptive and change that published date without warning that it was even a possibility. That is where much of the problem lies and is very much deceptive on their part knowing that the coaches were heading into their final campaigns of division play. Wrong on many levels. Again, simply because your child was not affected or you have issues that your child had minimal opportunities, does not make this right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiting for all the liberals to blame trump for this injustice. Let's start protesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes we have 4 kids and let me tell you they know exactly what they want to do in 8th grade. Give me a break. This early recruiting BS was being driven by 1.lunatic parents, 2.lunatic coaches. 3. Thieving club directors and then 4.the players themselves.

This is a smart decision on many fronts. The best kids will still get theirs, but it gives everyone else time to fine tune their game, work on their grades and have a clue on where and what they want to study. Stop with the BS that 8th and 9th graders know what path they want. Plus it takes a lot more guess work out for coaches tying up bad money on a hot 9th grader who is passed by better players in HS. Money is actually going to go to the best players now.

Don't lose sight of the facts people- less than 2% of HS athletes get athletic scholarship money. Less than 50% play all 4 years. 37% of kids transfer once in college and of those 37%, 42% transfer a 2nd time. If you slow down the process you have a much better chance of getting it right on all counts

With all due respect, 4 kids does not make you an expert. I have one still undecided about his future at 20, two who dabble but my 15 going on 16 is fully aware of what he wants to do and should be afforded that opportunity. If yours are not there yet, then you keep them undecided/uncommitted and be the parent but if my 16 knows what he wants to do and it is a good plan approved by us as his parents, then he should be able to carry out that plan. This is not going to make kids who have their goals be kids anymore than it will force kids who are not sure, hit the books or the wall more. Each individual is different and no amount of legislation will change that-naive to think that NCAA did this for the kids. It was to benefit a group of college coaches who could not compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And yet this was coming down the pipeline for months, everyone knew about it, and not one of the complainers put up a fight. If it is affecting you and your family in a negative capacity you should have utilized your rights to hire an attorney and fought this great injustice. Since no one did, guess it wasn't that important to any of you.

Where is the ACLU??? Get the various Reverends in front of the press making their pronouncements about unfair and unequal treatment. Ring the Rainbow coalition alarm - start the protests and marches!

Thank you for the value added insight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just a question and not meant as a dig.

If your son is committed, why is he going to prospect camps? Seems like a waste of time and distracts coaches from other non-committed players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CLASS ACTION SUIT........
This change of policy should have been grandfathered in. There are at least three grade years, 2019-2021 that have invested heavily in camps, clinics, showcases, coaches visits, all with heavy camp fees, travel and lodging expenses. It is monies that are now ill taken, and many will need to start over in 1-3 years and spend all over again. Add up a typical one year recruit campaign. Attend 3-4 camps, clinics, a few coaches visits, several car rides, hotels and plane tickets. This is a $5000 - $10,000 expense easily if not more. Many players heavily invested in the process right now just got that thrown in the trash can without any warning. Three age groups of D1 and D2 boys and girls, you are talking about literally at least 5000 kids heavily invested in this process just had that money thrown in the garbage by NCAA. That's in the neighborhood of $25,000,000.00 to $50,000,000.00. Yes small peanuts to NCAA with all the basketball and football money laying around. And what makes it worse is they foretold of impending dates which was the correct way to do it, so people with time and money invested in the process thought they could wrap up their campaigns, also allow coaches to wrap it up. This dirty, sneaky lie and the way they shut it down is the big problem here.

Any lawyers out there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the the college can still contact the club coach or club representative about a prospective player. they just cant contact the player and the player cant contact the coach. the way i read it verbals can still be given out, and accepted by the player before the junior year, but your going out on a limb having no contact with the coach and praying that they are the best for your daughter without actually talking to them.

The new legislation does not say that club coaches and college coaches cannot talk. College and Club/HS coaches have always been permitted to speak to each other - that has not changed. However, what most people don't realize is that it is already impermissible for college coaches to use the club or HS coach as a "go-between" to conduct recruiting conversations with a prospect before September 1 of their junior year. So a college coach can speak to the club/HS coach to evaluate a sophomore prospect, but they cannot say "Have Susie Superstar be in my office next Friday at 10 am so we can make her a scholarship offer." That would constitute a recruiting conversation and is not permissible under current NCAA rules (in any sport, as per a 1994 NCAA Interpretation regarding Bylaw 13.1.3 and 13.4.1).

As a follow up, the IWLCA Legal Counsel recently received verbal confirmation of this interpretation from the NCAA, and have requested an updated official interpretation. We expect to receive that later this week or early next week and will circulate as appropriate. Bottom line is that a college coach can have evaluative discussions with HS or club coaches, but recruiting conversations intended to circumvent NCAA rules are PROHIBITED. Please be patient as we work with the NCAA to clarify the rules and produce educational materials for the lacrosse community. It is in everyone's best interests for college coaches, prospects and their families, high school coaches, and club coaches to all be on the same page in their understanding of the new rules and how the recruiting process will change, so you can be certain we will share any information we have with the larger lacrosse community.

If you have specific questions about the new legislation, please email me so that we can add them to the FAQ we are preparing. I can be reached at dcaroiwlca@gmail.com

Thank you.

Perhaps they should have thought about the ramifications and had clarification with respect to the legislation ready PRIOR to approving it? Also the switch and bait with the implementation date was very dirty and breeds distrust. They have left the 2020s in a terrible position if they have already verbally committed or were in serious talks with coaches. As someone mentioned earlier...the genie was already out of the bottle for that class. Those kids will be in 10th grade and 16 years old in 4 1/2 months- certainly old enough to decide upon college preferences or they should be talking to coaches/visiting schools to try to narrow things down. The Ivy's who the rule was really created for would have had a year of high school grades to gauge things and the kids would have had a season of high school play which was the complaint all along - that the early commits had not played a season of high school yet. This does nothing but cause more issues and takes the parents out of much of the process.

<world's smallest violin . . .>

Hey violin whiner , do you have any older kid who had to get into college the "regular" way? Do you know how HARD that is and how stressful junior is? Plus senior year waiting to hear from your dream school?
My 9th grader already knows what major she wants to study and what type of school. A 15/16 year old can make this decision. The 8th graders NO. To pull the rug out form under the 2020's who were close to verbals or would be after this summer and fall circuit is ridiculous.

Why yes, I do have a son who is in his Junior year of college, and yes he got in the "regular way" . . . so, again, <world's smallest violin - encore!>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many coaches ask their committed players to attend. My daughters college coach does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is committed, why is he going to prospect camps? Seems like a waste of time and distracts coaches from other non-committed players.
that answer could be two fold...one the kid and parents just want to attend the camps to say that they already are committed to the school and feel super special.. the other is simply why not? Kids that are committed are excited about their school choice and any opportunity to get there and see the school, coaches and perhaps other committed players is exciting.
Personally, I think it's fine and other uncommitted kids should be ok with that, because they can see how they stack up..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was supposed to be "the" recruiting summer for rising sophomores has now just turned into 3 more years of BS showcase tournaments and college camps. So now the kids have basically the fall and summer before senior year to try and figure out where to go. And if the coaches can't even speak with a PSA at their own camp onsite then why bother going? If anyone thinks this will let kids be kids and not play in every club tournament they are fooling themselves. And for the ones who say " they haven't even played a high school game yet " get real most high school lacrosse teams suck and have coaches who are teachers who have no idea what they are doing. This rule if had to be put in should have started with the 2021 class. Changing the date to effective immediately instead of Aug 1st was very back-handed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beside the 200 players this effects. This will be good for the players that play youth lacrosse and HS lacrosse.

Maybe some sanity will come to all these rising 8th, 9th and 10th grade prospect camps..elite camps..The epedemic of holding your child back ( not sure if that will stop)..Elite youth leagues starting at 4th grade.. And some sanity to some of the clubs and their influence on the youth under 9th grade. High School should become as important as your club now..maybe more for some players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that answer could be two fold...one the kid and parents just want to attend the camps to say that they already are committed to the school and feel super special.. the other is simply why not? Kids that are committed are excited about their school choice and any opportunity to get there and see the school, coaches and perhaps other committed players is exciting.
Personally, I think it's fine and other uncommitted kids should be ok with that, because they can see how they stack up..

I would consult the NCAA prior to talking to a coach regardless if they are committed or not. Better to be safe than sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all due respect, 4 kids does not make you an expert. I have one still undecided about his future at 20, two who dabble but my 15 going on 16 is fully aware of what he wants to do and should be afforded that opportunity. If yours are not there yet, then you keep them undecided/uncommitted and be the parent but if my 16 knows what he wants to do and it is a good plan approved by us as his parents, then he should be able to carry out that plan. This is not going to make kids who have their goals be kids anymore than it will force kids who are not sure, hit the books or the wall more. Each individual is different and no amount of legislation will change that-naive to think that NCAA did this for the kids. It was to benefit a group of college coaches who could not compete.

This post is 100% accurate!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Un-American? Really? It's lacrosse, not the degradation of the free world. Put it in perspective please. You knew this was coming, did you do anything? Consult a lawyer? File a class action lawsuit with all the others? Any attempt to use the American system to block what you call un-American, or just world class whining on BOTC?

Degradation of the free world ??? Your a jack-a$$. Class action suit....your a bigger Jack-a$$. This takes away the free market and is a non-enforceable rule. No whining, just my opinion. A parent/kid should be able to talk to a coach and decide whenever they want and decide on a college when they want to not when the NCAA decides they can. I don't get all the complaining about early recruiting. Some parents/kids commit early....some don't, So what. The NCAA, which is corrupt, is now deciding when your kid can talk/correspond with a coach etc. Tell me how they are going to enforce this rule??? Consequences are
now we will have more backdoor deals. Sorry Dumb rule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beside the 200 players this effects. This will be good for the players that play youth lacrosse and HS lacrosse.

Maybe some sanity will come to all these rising 8th, 9th and 10th grade prospect camps..elite camps..The epedemic of holding your child back ( not sure if that will stop)..Elite youth leagues starting at 4th grade.. And some sanity to some of the clubs and their influence on the youth under 9th grade. High School should become as important as your club now..maybe more for some players.

That will never happen in the real world. High school teams will never be as important now that there are clubs. With the exception of the private schools who gear themselves to lax and the high schools lucky enough to draw from areas not in the private school backyards with a concentration of good players, this thought is unrealistic. The majority of high school programs are community kids playing together with a teacher as the coach. The elite players play on their high school teams for various reasons but know their club is where they will be seen and will make them better players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't matter if your son has a verbal. Sept 1 Jr. year for contact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids can email coaches but coaches are not allowed to read the emails.

That's why I just told my daughter to put down, "Camp payment mailing address" as the subject in her e-mails to the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 58 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard