BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Re: Boys 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any parent who heard these comments directly should report this to the HOCO league in writing and demand something be done. I cannot imagine allowing my child to play for him be because all know that this is not a rare occurance. This needs to be handled by the HOCO league, and if it isn't we know that they have absolutely zero control of the League and we should all be very concerned for the safety of our kids. A coach told a 5th grader to break a players arm? Called a player a [lacrosse]?! You're done here buddy. I don't care what accolades youve got . You've got no place around children.

I dont believe MM said this. If he did and I was the parent of the " [lacrosse]" or " broken arm middie" ... I would be in MM's face at end of game. Or at a mimimun bringing it up with HOCO league officials. This is a public run league. This isnt some sacred cow where the parent has no say about his child...This is a bunch of 5th grade children playing lacrosse.

Parents tried to confront him after the game, but he took his team behind the bleachers for so long, it was not possible.

Wow. If this if this is true and HOCO knows about it. MM should be banned. Frankly the owner of Team91 should ban him too. Calling out 5th graders and wanting to hurt 5th graders is about as bad as you can get in youth sports.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. I'm not going to defend Madlax, or any club for that matter. I understand the Madlax coach has a reputation and a lot of people bring up the Email fiasco as an example. I would argue that a lot, not all, but a lot of clubs and their coaches have a checkered past and much of it happens in private where not many can see.

You probably mean well, but you are enabling his terrible behavior by supporting him financially and by making these kind of statements. There are equal or better options than Madlax if you want great instruction, teammates and competition for you son. But even if Madlax was the only game in town, think about what you are telling your kid by having him play for that guy. You're saying that it's ok to play for him because the owner didn't threaten your son, only somebody else's son.

Using the "everyone else does it" rationale is sad. Think about all those gymnasts who have abused by coaches. Would it be right to tell your kid to continue to train under a suspected pedophile because a) it's a good club and b) other coaches are suspected of doing the same thing?

I don't see how my comment can be interpreted as though I am enabling anyone. The second point I was trying to make is that there are a lot of good programs, with mostly good coaches, who may behave at their worst at times. I am not suggesting that it is okay; simply stating that it probably happens a lot more than we may know about within other programs besides Madlax and 9d1. As far as Madlax goes, they have provided great instruction to my child, my son enjoys his teammates and they all seem to come from good families as far as I can tell, and he has experienced good competition since joining. I did not hear his coach threaten anyone last week; from reading the posts it sounds like that was the other coach (MM). With all that being said, my only loyalty is to God and my family. If I felt as though my son was in an abusive environment or was being mistreated by anyone in the program we would not be a part of the program, because as you accurately pointed out, there are many other options. However, if everyone's skeletons were out of the closet then those options may not be as plenty as you and I think...

I think the person was saying that by supporting Madlax, you are enabling the owner's bad behavior. It is a fact that the email was not an isolated incident - he has threatened and treated many of his families like crap. But even if it was a one time thing, you are impliciting saying it's ok as long as it's not your son. By having your son play for him and give him your money, you are giving your stamp of approval. If that's ok with your conscience, then fine.

I think you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Comparing Madlax coach's behavior to that of a suspected pedophile is a stretch, or to suggest that by allowing my son to play for Madlax is the equivalant of allowing Jerry Sandusky to babysit my kids. Really?? If I buy a chicken sandwich from CFA then I'm enabling a business that is anti-LGBT, however if I get a coffee from Starbucks I am enabling a business that openly supports same-sex marriage. And if I'm eating my chicken sandwich and drinking my espresso while wearing a pair of Nike sneaks that I purchased off Amazon then I'm supporting a business that takes advantage of child-labor in sweat camps and another that has a history of abusing and threatening their employees. Dang! Truth be told, we all make decisions everyday without giving a second thought about the history of the businesses we are "supporting" with our money. If we are being honest, a company's poor behavior does not impact our purchasing decisions until it hits close to home. I enjoy nothing more than an iced caramel macchiato on a hot day, so I am probably going to get one today--regardless of my personal feelings about someone's sexuality preferences. However, if Timmy spits in my damn drink I won't be going to Starbucks again for a very long time, if ever.

In all seriousness, I do get your point. Hopefully you see mine as well. My son was not even playing lacrosse when the email thing happened. Also, in the time he has been a member of Madlax I have not "personally" witnessed anything abusive from any of the coaches towards any kids. I'm not saying it's never happened, just not with my son, any of his teammates (that I am aware of) and not towards any opposing players (that I am aware of) in my presence. And it sounds like, from reading these posts, that a lot of other parents have had unpleasant experiences with other clubs. However, if we were to switch clubs, which one do you recommend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not accept your premises, but I am fine with my son playing on a Madlax team.

Then you are saying it's ok to support a guy who threatens kids and parents. As long as it's not your kid, you're ok that he's done it to others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those that are asking for people to reach out to HoCo directly to report this behavior about the 2024 9d1 coach MM, it's been done - both this year and many times last year with video - several times. Several club directors and other coaches have reached out directly to Derrick about his behavior; not only from the MadLax game but from last year as well. Nothing has been done, he remains on the sidelines. Because he runs the MD 9d1 program he seemingly gets a pass. He's a disgrace.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Molehill

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those that are asking for people to reach out to HoCo directly to report this behavior about the 2024 9d1 coach MM, it's been done - both this year and many times last year with video - several times. Several club directors and other coaches have reached out directly to Derrick about his behavior; not only from the MadLax game but from last year as well. Nothing has been done, he remains on the sidelines. Because he runs the MD 9d1 program he seemingly gets a pass. He's a disgrace.

Post the Video if its out there.. I keep hearing about this video..Put it on youtube..There are many video's of HOCO complete games on youtube. So no excuses ..put the video out there.
MM must rub people wrong way..But if this is true..It is something else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have video on MM acting like a fool and threatening kids, put it up for all to see. If you are a Madlax parent and turn a blind eye while the owner threatens kids, shame on you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have video on MM acting like a fool and threatening kids, put it up for all to see. If you are a Madlax parent and turn a blind eye while the owner threatens kids, shame on you.

Correct..Lets see it or lets move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct..Lets see it or lets move on

Yes, until next time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am all for hard nose coaching and barking out directions to players. But you can call me a snowflake if you like but some words and saying should be outlawed on a youth playing field. Every league should have at least a 3 strike rule with all coaches. I am all for my son getting yelled at for being out of position or for being lazy on D. But if you tell him to hurt another player or call him a none lacrosse based "bad word" I will be talking to you and I will be using the words that should be band.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard it was actually the Madlax owner who said those things, but the Madlax parents have changed the stories in order to deflect blame. Might explain why there's no video.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Mark Millon
I heard it was actually the Madlax owner who said those things, but the Madlax parents have changed the stories in order to deflect blame. Might explain why there's no video.

Embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Embarrassing.

I heard it was the BLC coach yelling it from behind the bench in an attempt to disparage both clubs. Shameful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL at the Team 88+3 parents who are trying to bury the embarrassing behavior of their owner/coach by bringing up the Madlax guy. That guy is also a disgrace, but at it doesn't lessen what the 88+3 guy said. He should be banned from youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes he should, for this and several other acts, but no one in HoCo has the nuts to do it. Now THAT is embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Embarrassing.

I heard it was the BLC coach yelling it from behind the bench in an attempt to disparage both clubs. Shameful.

I heard it was the Russian Hackers who hacked this site to seed distrust and confusion in our capitalistic lacrosse world. Shameful indeed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Embarrassing.

I heard it was the Russian Hackers who hacked this site to seed distrust and confusion in our capitalistic lacrosse world. Shameful indeed

Show up to one of Millon's games next weekend and see for yourself if this is fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will have to say that we were at a game to watch a friends team and the coach from the 91 team was over the top. I am all for getting on your kids for not performing at their best but to have personal things said to them is no acceptable. Then on top of that when his team was losing he was standing on the side line pouting. Not a great example from a great lacrosse player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2024 parents are total scumbags just like their owner. Unbelievable they are allowed to play with that kid who is almost 14. They will get what's coming to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2024 parents are total scumbags just like their owner. Unbelievable they are allowed to play with that kid who is almost 14. They will get what's coming to them.

At every age group, there are big kids who make you scratch your head, but most people manage to get through those games without causing an internet stir.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Madlax 2024 parents are total scumbags just like their owner. Unbelievable they are allowed to play with that kid who is almost 14. They will get what's coming to them.[/quote

Now that's a classy comment!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen the big middie play. He is big. He is good. He does not play dirty. Would he benefit from playing on a 2023 team regardless of his age? Probably. But the point remains, a youth lacrosse coach was instructing his players to break a kids arm because they were losing a game. A coach was calling KIDS midgets on the opposing team. I can't imagine what he was saying to his own players on the sidelines. I can assure you, if MM had this kid on his team he'd be in hog heaven. That's how the narcissist rolls. Winning is all that matters to him...even against 5th graders. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen the big middie play. He is big. He is good. He does not play dirty. Would he benefit from playing on a 2023 team regardless of his age? Probably. But the point remains, a youth lacrosse coach was instructing his players to break a kids arm because they were losing a game. A coach was calling KIDS midgets on the opposing team. I can't imagine what he was saying to his own players on the sidelines. I can assure you, if MM had this kid on his team he'd be in hog heaven. That's how the narcissist rolls. Winning is all that matters to him...even against 5th graders. Pathetic.

All I can say is this guy Mark Million should be banned from the sidelines if this behavior is true. Once a tape is out there of this ..he will be gone..No tape..Hard to get rid of just by opposing team parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is sad that whenever Madlax wins someone has to attack their FO middie. Whoever does is a sore loser or misinformed. The kid is 11 and doesn't turn 12 any time soon. I know his exact birth date but out of respect to the kid and his family I am not going to re-post it here. The kid has an older brother that is 13 and plays on 2022. So obviously the 2024 kid is not 14. Also the kid plays 5th grade AAU (which has strict age limits). I know people are shocked to learn how young he is. I get it that teams are getting sick of Madlax sweeping the Spring league and winning the championship every year. But give the kid and his teammates some credit. They are an incredible bunch of athletes and one of the best, if not the best 2024 team in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have played them and he is the whole team and they are not even in the top 3 in the country for 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have played them and he is the whole team and they are not even in the top 3 in the country for 2024

Hater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even in the top 3?? C'mon man. #AlternateFacts #FakeNews

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even in the top 3?? You've got to be kidding. Even the biggest Madlax hater knows that is ludicrous. Madlax swept the HoCo league and won the championship last year against Bethesda, Hawks, and Team MD. If you check the HoCo website, Madlax has already beaten Bethesda and Team MD this year. Madlax has beaten Legacy like 5 straight. Legacy has never beaten them. And Madlax beat Wolfpack in Maryland last Spring. I know Wolfpack beat Madlax a couple of weeks later in NY, but Madlax was missing a lot of key players over the summer. I think it would be very difficult for Wolfpack to beat their full squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's your top 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I can say is this guy Mark Million should be banned from the sidelines if this behavior is true. Once a tape is out there of this ..he will be gone..No tape..Hard to get rid of just by opposing team parents.

Very convenient that there is no tape and that internet hearsay is driving this dialogue. If the refs did not take action against the coach, then the dialogue is clearly inflated and next it will be that the coach actually tackled the player himself and "we" all saw it. Haters get your act together and your stories straight. MM take this as a bit of a warning folks do not care for you and you are under even greater scrutiny. and Madlax 2024s, get your own director under control and stop deflecting attention away from him. And for goodness sake, stop the hubris about having the best 5th grade team-you sound ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very convenient that there is no tape and that internet hearsay is driving this dialogue. If the refs did not take action against the coach, then the dialogue is clearly inflated and next it will be that the coach actually tackled the player himself and "we" all saw it. Haters get your act together and your stories straight. MM take this as a bit of a warning folks do not care for you and you are under even greater scrutiny. and Madlax 2024s, get your own director under control and stop deflecting attention away from him. And for goodness sake, stop the hubris about having the best 5th grade team-you sound ridiculous.

I've seen the tape (it's not mine so I'm not in a position to share), but at the 28 minute mark on a Madlax defensive clear in front of the 91 bench, you can clearly hear a coach say, "break his arm" two times. Then at the 36 minute mark, as Madlax's FO middle enters the game, you can clearly hear a 91 coach say, "oh, well here comes the 9th grader again."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with everything except that the dialogue is clearly inflated. I saw him meltdown at summer exposure last year in the 2022 division and know that there were several teams last year that complained about this same type of behavior. I hope you are right that he is under increased scrutiny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even in the top 3?? You've got to be kidding. Even the biggest Madlax hater knows that is ludicrous. Madlax swept the HoCo league and won the championship last year against Bethesda, Hawks, and Team MD. If you check the HoCo website, Madlax has already beaten Bethesda and Team MD this year. Madlax has beaten Legacy like 5 straight. Legacy has never beaten them. And Madlax beat Wolfpack in Maryland last Spring. I know Wolfpack beat Madlax a couple of weeks later in NY, but Madlax was missing a lot of key players over the summer. I think it would be very difficult for Wolfpack to beat their full squad.

I'm not going to go as far as to say Madlax is the outright, hands down top 2024 team; however they are very good and arguably one of the top 3 2024 teams. They also have a lot more weapons than the middie you speak of. They have an outstanding attackman, who may in fact be the best player on that team. They have a couple other middies who are extremely athletic and put up points. They have two poles who are amazing. A very well rounded team, lead by a physically imposing middie, who is 11--not 14. I would say its a 3-way battle between them, WP, and Legacy.
1) Madlax, WP, Legacy
4) Brotherly Love
5) 91 Maryland
6) BLC
7) Igloo
8) Hawks

Guess well find out on June 4th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen the tape (it's not mine so I'm not in a position to share), but at the 28 minute mark on a Madlax defensive clear in front of the 91 bench, you can clearly hear a coach say, "break his arm" two times. Then at the 36 minute mark, as Madlax's FO middle enters the game, you can clearly hear a 91 coach say, "oh, well here comes the 9th grader again."

Do us all a favor and tell the owner of the tape to post it. Make up a fake you tube account if you have to. This man needs to be exposed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not going to go as far as to say Madlax is the outright, hands down top 2024 team; however they are very good and arguably one of the top 3 2024 teams. They also have a lot more weapons than the middie you speak of. They have an outstanding attackman, who may in fact be the best player on that team. They have a couple other middies who are extremely athletic and put up points. They have two poles who are amazing. A very well rounded team, lead by a physically imposing middie, who is 11--not 14. I would say its a 3-way battle between them, WP, and Legacy.
1) Madlax, WP, Legacy
4) Brotherly Love
5) 91 Maryland
6) BLC
7) Igloo
8) Hawks

Guess well find out on June 4th.

Any dad who is analyzing and asserting that a particular 5th Grade Boys Lacrosse Team is one of the best 5th Grade teams in the country needs to have his head examined. No shock that he's a Madlax dad who gives his money to that lunatic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look in the mirror and think about it. You are analyzing 5th Grade Boys Lacrosse and talking about meaningless championships and who has beaten whom. Get a life. If you had older kids, you'd know that any 5th grade team right now is going to look much different - good or bad - a few years from now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do us all a favor and tell the owner of the tape to post it. Make up a fake you tube account if you have to. This man needs to be exposed.

58 seconds left in the first half. The score is Madlax 9, Team 9d1 4. Two flagrant fouls by Team 9d1 are not called by the refs. On the restart, Madlax long pole is running clear directly in front of Team 9d1 bench. You can hear the coach wearing the red shirt (Mark Millon) yell to a kid directly in front of him wearing MM's old jersey number (high single digit) "break his arm" two times as the kid swings to hit the Madlax player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look in the mirror and think about it. You are analyzing 5th Grade Boys Lacrosse and talking about meaningless championships and who has beaten whom. Get a life. If you had older kids, you'd know that any 5th grade team right now is going to look much different - good or bad - a few years from now.

Completely agree that teams will look much different years from now, but I don't think that was the poster's argument. Right now, based on the 2024 teams that are out there, there's no way that anyone can say that the Madlax team isn't one of the 3 best in the country. I think that the top 8 list above is pretty accurate. Madlax has beaten everybody on that list more than once....not sure that any of the others can say the same. If you're aware of some other teams that aren't on the list, please let us know. I'm pretty sure Madlax would be interested in a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

58 seconds left in the first half. The score is Madlax 9, Team 9d1 4. Two flagrant fouls by Team 9d1 are not called by the refs. On the restart, Madlax long pole is running clear directly in front of Team 9d1 bench. You can hear the coach wearing the red shirt (Mark Millon) yell to a kid directly in front of him wearing MM's old jersey number (high single digit) "break his arm" two times as the kid swings to hit the Madlax player.

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard