BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what tournaments will everyone be attending this fall?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Thank you ,
from future travel lacrosse parent.my oldest is in the 5 th grade so waiting till next year.Still, doing town PAL PROGRAM.Thank you for the info.This whole travel decision is like buying a new car .... haha th u again

You are still planning on entering the travel lacrosse abyss after following these forums!? "You've been given a great gift, a chance to see what the world would be like if you played travel lacrosse." Just remember, once you cross over to travel, there is no going back. Best of luck. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you ,
from future travel lacrosse parent.my oldest is in the 5 th grade so waiting till next year.Still, doing town PAL PROGRAM.Thank you for the info.This whole travel decision is like buying a new car .... haha th u again

You are still planning on entering the travel lacrosse abyss after following these forums!? "You've been given a great gift, a chance to see what the world would be like if you played travel lacrosse." Just remember, once you cross over to travel, there is no going back. Best of luck. smile

Folks,
We are all aware that the travel lax gig is not as crazy as some of these posts. Most folks are enjoying an opportunity to be knuckle-heads from behind an anonymous pen. The chance to voice an opinion, throw an insult, or just make silly without a coach benching your kid obviously floats a boat or three. Gain your lax knowledge the old fashioned way, on the field, fieldside, or by chatting with folks whom you can identify. These strands seem to be fantastic for advertising tourney dates, but look at what other interesting things sneak in.

Stay busy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Fall ball updates from the weekend for 2017? Gladiator, Jesters, fl$, 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Fall ball updates from the weekend for 2017? Gladiator, Jesters, fl$, 91?

I am sure that that will not start a firestorm of immature cheapshots, with laundry lists of excuses as to why games were won and/ or lost!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 A team was a good solid team.. watched them play up in a tournament yesterday. the game i watched was against a big 3village/ward melville 9th grade team. game tied 3 to 3 and both sides played well.

hitting was a bit much for the 91 team as their boys--other than one or two--were much smaller than the 3village kids.

i was a little disappointed with the complaining parents from team 91--actually it was just one guy or maybe two. kept screaming the whole time that his team was getting cheated. every time a kid fell, he was screaming like a lunatic. But, the kids played well and looked well coached. always one bad apple in the group embarrassing himself.

anyone know who one the championship? We left but was told that it was to be the same two teams--91 A 2017 against 3village 2016?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Terps won the Maryland tournament. The only competitive game at the Hofstra tournament was 91 Orange 6-4 win vs fl$ 2017. Jesters Black beat Gladiators sometime over the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91A vs jesters A no contest 91 11-1 with half a squad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and Jesters are new team with little chemistry in their first tournament together. Not one person expected Jesters to contend against 91 orange yesterday, or stated as such. Many of the families are friendly so relax. You make no point except to brag about an expected result.

Result of 8th grade division also expected result, did anyone brag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all the final score was 6-1 as reported to the scores table after the game.

Secondly, the game was closer than the score would indicate. The Jesters had several opportunities to score point blank and the 91 Goalie stood on his head. 91 Orange capitalized on every mistake and every man up.

91 Orange is a very good team and they were a much better team than the Jesters yesterday. They have also been together for four years now, and IMO they are one of the best teams at the age group that you will see anywhere.

The Jesters are a new bunch of kids that were playing in their first tournament together.

Why did you feel the need to exaggerate the score? Did that make you feel better? It was a well played game and 91 was clearly the better team. Why can't we just leave at that?

Oh and the Jesters ended up winning the rest of their games and winning the tournament. The competition obviously wasn't as good because 91 Orange played in the JV bracket, but they won the tournament nonetheless.

Jesters 2017 Black will be a solid team, but they obviously are not at the level of 91 Orange as yet. If that is the wrong version of things please let me know what game you were watching , I'd like some of that stuff you were smoking.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

First of all the final score was 6-1 as reported to the scores table after the game.

Secondly, the game was closer than the score would indicate. The Jesters had several opportunities to score point blank and the 91 Goalie stood on his head. 91 Orange capitalized on every mistake and every man up.

91 Orange is a very good team and they were a much better team than the Jesters yesterday. They have also been together for four years now, and IMO they are one of the best teams at the age group that you will see anywhere.

The Jesters are a new bunch of kids that were playing in their first tournament together.

Why did you feel the need to exaggerate the score? Did that make you feel better? It was a well played game and 91 was clearly the better team. Why can't we just leave at that?

Oh and the Jesters ended up winning the rest of their games and winning the tournament. The competition obviously wasn't as good because 91 Orange played in the JV bracket, but they won the tournament nonetheless.

Jesters 2017 Black will be a solid team, but they obviously are not at the level of 91 Orange as yet. If that is the wrong version of things please let me know what game you were watching , I'd like some of that stuff you were smoking.

lmmao !!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Terps won the Maryland tournament. The only competitive game at the Hofstra tournament was 91 Orange 6-4 win vs fl$ 2017. Jesters Black beat Gladiators sometime over the weekend.

My nephew is on Express Terps 2017, I heard they played in u15a in MD and were off the charts for their 1st tournament as a team. That Baltimore Breaker 15 year old team is for real and Terps beat them by 7 or 8 goals. This was their 1st tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD

lmmao !!!!

What's so funny you didn't like this poster PROGNOSIS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea OK !!! Everyones uncle gets on here to talk about some fall tournament that means nothing. We are all impressed that your son's little turtle B team won a tournament. YIPEE !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did one of the best kids on terps repeat 8th grade this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea OK !!! Everyones uncle gets on here to talk about some fall tournament that means nothing. We are all impressed that your son's little turtle B team won a tournament. YIPEE !!!!!

Not my son, they aren't so "little" and FAR from "B'. Maybe your nephew or your offspring will make a better team than this year, sorry for your envy & anger. Try yoga or de-Caf!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few kids are 2008 birthdates, some by several months. FACT

Damn I wish I held my kid back, he is competitive now as a 99 birth year. Oh well....think of the possibilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

intended 1998 birth year, yes FACT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few kids are 2008 birthdates, some by several months. FACT

Damn I wish I held my kid back, he is competitive now as a 99 birth year. Oh well....think of the possibilities.

Sorry- 1998 birth year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would LOVE to know what team your son is on, stay bitter!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My nephew is on Express Terps 2017, I heard they played in u15a in MD and were off the charts for their 1st tournament as a team. That Baltimore Breaker 15 year old team is for real and Terps beat them by 7 or 8 goals. This was their 1st tournament.

"my nephew", "I heard", "off the charts", "for their 1st tournament" (& that was repeated twice), blah, blah, blah, same ole, same ole. Pathetic!!!! Let these kids be! There are some really great players out there, right now, on many different teams & in the next 3 years you are not going to believe who else becomes an increadible player! Why do you parents need to come on here beating your chests about your kids lacrosse team? Go tell your kid how great he is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This team is ridiculously talented!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant wait to see the Terps play the 2017 91 Orange, this would be a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant wait to see the Terps play the 2017 91 Orange, this would be a great game.

Edge goes to terps, except if you remove the terps 1998 kids, then 91 orange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then you would have to remove them from both teams! And while you're at it, just discount them from all the 2017 teams! Then maybe you will get the type of opponent you like. FYI, hopefully you're kid doesn't aspire to play at the higher level d1 schools - because those are exactly who your son's competition will be! Best of luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and by then he will have hair were it counts. Game on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then you would have to remove them from both teams! And while you're at it, just discount them from all the 2017 teams! Then maybe you will get the type of opponent you like. FYI, hopefully you're kid doesn't aspire to play at the higher level d1 schools - because those are exactly who your son's competition will be! Best of luck!

You do realize that the proposed match up and statement was "this years terps vs 91 orange." A comment about youth graduation year level lacrosse. We all know that beyond youth level ages combine. Great attempt at insight though, must have sounded impressive to you when you wrote it. You OK, need a hug.

My kid is more than fine, already playing beyond his year in a competitive program and grades to back himself up. Thanks for the well wishes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the issue with a 1998 brithday for a 2017 kid? US Lacrosse definition of eligibility is clear - born on or after September 1st. BTW - I have no dog in the fight, in fact I live in NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the issue with a 1998 brithday for a 2017 kid? US Lacrosse definition of eligibility is clear - born on or after September 1st. BTW - I have no dog in the fight, in fact I live in NJ.

The issue here is a kid who repeated a grade and is now playing on a 2017 team, when last year he was a 2016 player.

U15:
All players must be 14 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition. It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and maturity when organizing teams.

Right from the US Lacrosse website. We keep going over and over this.

With their current roster there are several kids on the Terps that will not be eligible for the U15 National Championships in 2014 according to US Lacrosse guidlines.

But whatever, good luck to them. Worry about your own kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well said.

Well said? Really? 8th grade & D1 lacrosse are 2 different animals. By college they kids are adults. @ 13-14 a year makes a huge difference. The orginal question was "did one of yor best players repeat 8th grade this year?" The birth year thing can go on for ever. We all know in NY our cutoff is 12/1, other states have a 9/1 cutoff. The question here, as I read it, is did a parent actually hold their child back for lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the box at the bottom, they changed it. Straight from the site. "Born on or after 9/1/1996, eligible for U15

U15 Regional Championship
All current US Lacrosse members who meet the age requirements are eligible to compete in the U15 Regional Championship. Players may not be 15 years of age on or before August 31, 2011 to be eligible for the 2012 US Lacrosse U15 Regional Championship. Accordingly, players that turn 15 after August 31, 2011 are eligible. Regardless of age, players that have competed at the high school level are allowed to participate; however, if a player’s high school season is still in play at the time of the event, that player is not allowed to participate in the U15 Regional Championship.

In an attempt to reduce burnout and overuse injuries, the 2012 US Lacrosse Youth Rules will state that, while high school players may be eligible for U15 competition, they should not do so concurrently with or in the same season as playing on a high school team. Players who compete on a high school team during the spring season, but meet the age requirements for U15 play, can compete on a U15 summer team. US Lacrosse does not have the ability to monitor and/or enforce this rule, but will rely on local organizers to ensure that excessive demands are not being placed on their athletes.

Birthdate

Status

Born on or after 9/1/1996

Eligible for U15

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not have a kid on either team but do have friends with kids on both, I watched the first maybe 10 minutes while talking and at that point the score was about 5 maybe 6 nothing. Both friends thought the score ended 8 to 1, it did not seem to me that it was that close. Are the Jesters better then last year Absolutly, are they in the 91 orange level Absolutly not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats just nuts, my son was born 10/1996 and is in 11th grade playing Varsity....

What are they thinking???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not have a kid on either team but do have friends with kids on both, I watched the first maybe 10 minutes while talking and at that point the score was about 5 maybe 6 nothing. Both friends thought the score ended 8 to 1, it did not seem to me that it was that close. Are the Jesters better then last year Absolutly, are they in the 91 orange level Absolutly not.

I guess reading comprehension is not a strength of yours. The post you quoted clearly stated that 91 Orange is a better team, The post also clearly stated that the score was 6-1 as confirmed at the scorers table. It was 2-0 after 10 minutes, so I dont know what game you were watching. The Jesters had numerous opportunities to score and the 91 Goalie made some incredible saves on point blank shots. This game easily could have been a goal or two closer.

Why you felt the need to comment on a game that you have no interest in and then comment on it inaccurately is curious to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are ok but not in the same class as 91. The only close game all weekend was vs a hand-picked fl$ team who ran a very short bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are ok but not in the same class as 91. The only close game all weekend was vs a hand-picked fl$ team who ran a very short bench.

Again, I dont think anyone on this board has stated that the Jesters are in the same class as 91. They are a bunch of kids from various teams who have just started playing together.

We get it 91 is good, blah, blah, blah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the box at the bottom, they changed it. Straight from the site. "Born on or after 9/1/1996, eligible for U15

U15 Regional Championship
All current US Lacrosse members who meet the age requirements are eligible to compete in the U15 Regional Championship. Players may not be 15 years of age on or before August 31, 2011 to be eligible for the 2012 US Lacrosse U15 Regional Championship. Accordingly, players that turn 15 after August 31, 2011 are eligible. Regardless of age, players that have competed at the high school level are allowed to participate; however, if a player’s high school season is still in play at the time of the event, that player is not allowed to participate in the U15 Regional Championship.

In an attempt to reduce burnout and overuse injuries, the 2012 US Lacrosse Youth Rules will state that, while high school players may be eligible for U15 competition, they should not do so concurrently with or in the same season as playing on a high school team. Players who compete on a high school team during the spring season, but meet the age requirements for U15 play, can compete on a U15 summer team. US Lacrosse does not have the ability to monitor and/or enforce this rule, but will rely on local organizers to ensure that excessive demands are not being placed on their athletes.

Birthdate

Status

Born on or after 9/1/1996

Eligible for U15

Look at it again, doesnt say that anywhere. Post the link. Common sense, if a kid is born in Octbober 1996 he would be 16. I know my math must be rusty but 16 is not U-15 now is it. Read the previous post that was cut and pasted directly from the US Lacrosse website. I looked at the website and it doesnt say anything about 1996. Nice try though.

Express Terps have several kids that are on the older side of the guidelines. kids, Its not a debate, its a fact. That being said, good luck to them, worry about your own kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]91A vs jesters A no contest 91 11-1 with half a squad

I do not have a kid on either team but do have friends with kids on both, I watched the first maybe 10 minutes while talking and at that point the score was about 5 maybe 6 nothing. Both friends thought the score ended 8 to 1, it did not seem to me that it was that close. Are the Jesters better then last year Absolutly, are they in the 91 orange level Absolutly not. [/

I guess reading comprehension is not a strength of yours. The post you quoted clearly stated that 91 Orange is a better team, The post also clearly stated that the score was 6-1 as confirmed at the scorers table. It was 2-0 after 10 minutes, so I dont know what game you were watching. The Jesters had numerous opportunities to score and the 91 Goalie made some incredible saves on point blank shots. This game easily could have been a goal or two closer.

Why you felt the need to comment on a game that you have no interest in and then comment on it inaccurately is curious to say the least.

We were @ the same game & the score was definitely reflective of the game. 91's goalie did not have to "stand on his head" for any shot that was made & most opportunities the Jesters did have to shoot, they missed.

IDK why you feel to comment inaccurately. As you stated the Jesters are a group of players who just got put together on a team & they need some time to play together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the link to US lacrosse:

http://www.uslacrosse.org/TopNav2Right/Events/2012USLRegionalChampionships/AgeRequirement.aspx

Read the bottom box dummy, you are so persistent

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard