BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 62 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a few blast were there

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It was 90% 91 Blast and some Express kids. The 91 kids were fast and rough but not necessary good players. A few other kids had good stick skills. Pretty much a joke for 2025.

There maybe 5 blast out of 25 kids. Far from 90%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure which tryout you attended but I counted 35 2025 boys there and they are taking 22.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure which tryout you attended but I counted 35 2025 boys there and they are taking 22.

They aren't taking your little rabil.they are taking your money.wake up already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In any case there were 5-6 blast at most

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 90% 91 Blast and some Express kids. The 91 kids were fast and rough but not necessary good players. A few other kids had good stick skills. Pretty much a joke for 2025.

You obviously were not there. If you were, then you are providing alternative facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious???? The whole team was there! The only kids that were missing were the Geese. Only saw 4 of them. I think it was a rough showing altogether. Realistically, there were probably 45-50 2025's, probably closer to 40. It speaks volumes to the fact that this is not a dominant class. And that good for everyone who's kid plays in it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a total of 27 kids plus the three goalies . One goalie a goose , another attack goose , one blue devil and the rest exapress and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious???? The whole team was there! The only kids that were missing were the Geese. Only saw 4 of them. I think it was a rough showing altogether. Realistically, there were probably 45-50 2025's, probably closer to 40. It speaks volumes to the fact that this is not a dominant class. And that good for everyone who's kid plays in it.

Wow just proves you have no idea what you're talking about. 2025 was on the same field as 2024 and you're combining them. You are some kinda dumb bunny.

There were 7 Blast kids there. 2 from Geese. That's 9 total. The bulk of the 2025 kids were Express and then there were some others sprinkled in for flavor.

Bottom line, not a huge showing for Blast or Geese.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow just proves you have no idea what you're talking about. 2025 was on the same field as 2024 and you're combining them. You are some kinda dumb bunny.

There were 7 Blast kids there. 2 from Geese. That's 9 total. The bulk of the 2025 kids were Express and then there were some others sprinkled in for flavor.

We're there really only 35 kids there for 2025???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was a pay and you make it event.you can't even call it a tryout.i'm sure the organizers loved your donations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think there was less then 30... When scrimmaging at the end there were 20 kids on the field and less then 10 subs (more like 6/7 kids)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was a pay and you make it event.you can't even call it a tryout.i'm sure the organizers loved your donations.

If that's true. There will be a lot of kids on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think there was less then 30... When scrimmaging at the end there were 20 kids on the field and less then 10 subs (more like 6/7 kids)

Wow. Now I'm not surprised that they couldn't field a Texas team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Can anyone verify this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there and counted 36, that included 3 goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So only 12 kids won't make the team. That's a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you failed math

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you failed math

I only counted 35. But I could've missed one or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't count that many but I hope your right. More to chose from. I think I counted 27 plus the 3 goalies. I like your numbers better :-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the count already,who cares, 35,31,34, its around that number. I'm just curious,what difference does it make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't count that many but I hope your right. More to chose from. I think I counted 27 plus the 3 goalies. I like your numbers better :-)

It's a shame that so many Geese didn't show. Even in weak age group, this is going to be a fairly weak team. It's really too bad, It could have been a good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like there were more creepy old men there counting than there were boys trying out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like there were more creepy old men there counting than there were boys trying out!

How is that creepy? I counted the number of kids to see how my kid's chances were. If there were 11 mids and they are taking 9, 8-9 defense and they're taking 6, 9-10 attack and they're taking 6, etc... then those are easy numbers to count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Can anyone verify this?

There were definitely a large number of kids from Blast there. More than 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a shame that so many Geese didn't show. Even in weak age group, this is going to be a fairly weak team. It's really too bad, It could have been a good team.

Die in a fire troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Die in a fire troll

That's a little harsh. He has a point. Most of the best kids in the age group didn't try out. The team could have been much stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 Blast, FACT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most Geese didnt show because they would have a hard time making team. Team will be real good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were definitely a large number of kids from Blast there. More than 10

Seven. S E V E N. 4 middies, 2 attack, 1 goalie. 4+2+1 = 7 kids from Blast. I wish it were more than 10. The team would be that much stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most Geese didnt show because they would have a hard time making team. Team will be real good.

That is the most idiotic thing ever to be written on this board. They are the best, or second best, team on the grade level. Blast has the best faceoff kid, but Geese have more talent overall. Assuming all 7-10 Blast kids make the team, that would leave the 3 Geese and 12-14 Express. Express has proven to be mediocre at best in past seasons. So you are basically saying that it's the Peanut Butter Cups and Express? And you think that is the best possible team on the age group. You must still be drinking your Easter wine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the most idiotic thing ever to be written on this board. They are the best, or second best, team on the grade level. Blast has the best faceoff kid, but Geese have more talent overall. Assuming all 7-10 Blast kids make the team, that would leave the 3 Geese and 12-14 Express. Express has proven to be mediocre at best in past seasons. So you are basically saying that it's the Peanut Butter Cups and Express? And you think that is the best possible team on the age group. You must still be drinking your Easter wine.

Yeah looks like another Lug Nuts team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blast faceoff kid definitely not the best in 2025.and yes the peanut butter cup kids could definitely make that team with such a poor amount of kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geese would have added some useful talent to the team but more talent overall than Blast? I'll have what he's having! Not even close. The difference is way more than just a face-off kid. He's excellent but only ran about 60% against the Geese last year, what about the other 9 kids on the field? When Blast was at the Baybridge Brawl championship game in MD our poor kid couldn't buy a face-off against the MD kid. Every play started from the defense and yet Blast still pulled out a win from a 6-1 deficit at halftime to a 7-6 win in OT. Your argument that Blast wins strictly because of one player is just an excuse. It's a team effort and the team gets the win or the loss. Not one player. Not in lacrosse.

The Geese lack grit. That is the real difference. As soon as they're challenged they collapse, shut down and get run over. Blast gets better under pressure. Have fun at the FL$ tournament. Work on your grit with those tough as nails B teams and win that t-shirt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love hearing all the "Blast a Nut" Mommy's and Daddy's, no my kids better, no my kids better. Get over yourself already. Its about the kids and they really don't care who they play. You can say all you want that your kid cares more but after watching all the kids play together on Saturday its obvious they could care less. They all knew they were from different team but yet they all played together as a team. If the kids don't care why do the parents care so much. Saturday was like one big batch of Mixed Nuts.
Also, you know they have adult lacrosse teams and leagues, why don't you try it, then maybe you will see what it like. Then you can actually off your GRIT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of these ridiculous comments about Blast and Geese Let me remind you of the below statement...

My Son is the greatest 4th grade lacrosse player in the country coached by the best coaches in the country with the best teammates in the country and the hottest moms in the country.. And everyone else is wrong.. And you will never know who he is because I choose to stay anonymous....

I think that sums up this entire Thread...

I hope all you ugly parents of sub-par lacrosse players enjoy your day..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you all need to relax this all means nothing it is one select team that is a complete money grab for 91 and express . if your son wants to do it then great if not who cares in a year from now not one kid will remember that team , as long as your kid is having fun then sit back and relax it is a long road . As for the Warrior thing it will cost around $3K for garbage lacrosse and look the head coach did not even have his son at the tryout so just relax and enjoy watching your son develop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of these ridiculous comments about Blast and Geese Let me remind you of the below statement...

My Son is the greatest 4th grade lacrosse player in the country coached by the best coaches in the country with the best teammates in the country and the hottest moms in the country.. And everyone else is wrong.. And you will never know who he is because I choose to stay anonymous....

**Shame on you, you will never be a Mixed Nut**

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is the greatest, then he was at the tryout on Saturday....How many kids did you count there for 2025? We have counts ranging from 25 to 40

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The initial idea was that this Warrior team would represent the best 2025 players from LI. My older sons are 2022 and 2023. Those tryouts were legitimately comprised of the best kids I've seen. Unfortunately, that's not how it turned out for the 2025's. Maybe they're too young still. Most of these boys are still scared of the dark and hold mommy's hand in the mall. I know mine is!

Here's the truth: I was at the tryout with my youngest son. I didn't think he was one of the top players in the age group (and I still don't), but he's pretty good, above average but definitely a step or two below the top kids, and his older brothers did it so he wanted to as well. How could I say no? Anyway, there were maybe 30-35 kids at the tryout (probably less than 1/2 the amount of the 2024's). I don't know how many Blast or Express or Geese, but there were some of each, plus others.

The reality of the tryout is that because of the low turnout, most of the boys will make the team by default. My son looked like one of the better kids there (through my eyes anyway, but you know how that goes!) and he'll probably make the team. I'll be thrilled if he does because he'll think its cool. It still won't mean he's one of the best in the age group, because he's not, and I'm ok with it.

What everyone needs to do is appreciate it for what it is and not let it go to your heads. That's asking a lot, I know smile It doesn't mean that your son is the best. It doesn't mean that he belongs on one of the top teams. It doesn't mean that he's going to play D1 lacrosse in college. It doesn't even mean that he's going to start on his middle school team. It means that you have the opportunity to spend some more money on a great (hopefully) tournament and spend some quality time with your child. Enjoy it, because it's going to be gone before you know it!

Page 27 of 62 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard