BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,579
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 78 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yes he has.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the results yesterday? Who qualified for Denver?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Ice (Champions)
Express
Nine D One Experiment
Leg A C
Prime Time
Eclipse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams that qualified:

Igloo
9d1
Express
Lgcy
Primetime
Eclipse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where were the Outlaws?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
where were the Outlaws?

Are you serious? Obviously the organization does not want to partake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where were the Outlaws?

As an Outlaw parent told me, they are ok not doing the WSYL and pay $6,000.00 a family to play teams from Long Island. They will just do the 2022 National Championship and the NCAA Futures Tournament instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where were the Outlaws?

As an Outlaw parent told me, they are ok not doing the WSYL and pay $6,000.00 a family to play teams from Long Island. They will just do the 2022 National Championship and the NCAA Futures Tournament instead.

Sanity from a Long Island team? Unheard of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be a formula that correlates your chance of winning this tournament to how expensive it will be. The less of a chance you have ,the more expensive you make it so you feel better about not going to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the math. Traveling on the 4th of July week. Hotel during 4th of July week. I would guess that's around $3500 all ready. Before you get to denver. That's just for 1 kid and 1 parent. To each his own...but to me it's not worth it. To some it's no problem. I don't bash either way. But I'm glad my team is not going. Wether they could win or not. I pay too much for travel lax to begin with. Don't want to double the price for 1 tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the math. Traveling on the 4th of July week. Hotel during 4th of July week. I would guess that's around $3500 all ready. Before you get to denver. That's just for 1 kid and 1 parent. To each his own...but to me it's not worth it. To some it's no problem. I don't bash either way. But I'm glad my team is not going. Wether they could win or not. I pay too much for travel lax to begin with. Don't want to double the price for 1 tournament.

Agreed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be a formula that correlates your chance of winning this tournament to how expensive it will be. The less of a chance you have ,the more expensive you make it so you feel better about not going to it.

I'm sure there is a formula that makes sense. If you bring hold backs, 8th graders like the penguin and disrupt your team to win at all cost it could be done. Is that worth it at 12-13 year old? No it's not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure there is a formula that makes sense. If you bring hold backs, 8th graders like the penguin and disrupt your team to win at all cost it could be done. Is that worth it at 12-13 year old? No it's not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Double? Triple or quadruple is more like it and the reason WSYL is bashed is because the only real competition will be the teams you just played in the NE qualifier because MD and Philly teams are not participating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't be so arrogant. diamondbacks team is equally as strong. top teams from california, colorado, texas and southeast region will be competitive too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't be so arrogant. diamondbacks team is equally as strong. top teams from california, colorado, texas and southeast region will be competitive too.

No team (including Diamondbacks) will come within 5 goals of the top 3 Long Island teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good luck to all teams going to Denver, gonna be a great experience for the boys . millon tourney gonna be fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No team (including Diamondbacks) will come within 5 goals of the top 3 Long Island teams.

Saw LI Express Channy (if they are one of the top 3 LI teams) play close matches in a March scrimmage against clubs with 3 or fewer practices under their belt. One of those clubs beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck with the 91 castoffs... Channy, the NEW greatest thing now... They'll implode that too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw LI Express Channy (if they are one of the top 3 LI teams) play close matches in a March scrimmage against clubs with 3 or fewer practices under their belt. One of those clubs beat them.

Last year even with a 5/1 cutoff, the Maryland "2021" teams could not compete with LI in the WSYL. This year with the 9/1 cutoff Maryland teams will be at even more disadvantage because many of their 2022 players are too old. This is apparent when looking at what teams are participating in the qualifier, or rather what teams are not competing. Actually very funny. My 2021 son just missed making the cutoff this year, and even after going last year we would have gone back because it was such a positive experience. Congrats to all the teams going. Expensive trip, but well worth it for your boys. You will not be disappointed. Anyone who says it is a worthless tournament probably has a 2022 that should be a 2021. Every single player and family from our team had an awesome trip. Enjoy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year even with a 5/1 cutoff, the Maryland "2021" teams could not compete with LI in the WSYL. This year with the 9/1 cutoff Maryland teams will be at even more disadvantage because many of their 2022 players are too old. This is apparent when looking at what teams are participating in the qualifier, or rather what teams are not competing. Actually very funny. My 2021 son just missed making the cutoff this year, and even after going last year we would have gone back because it was such a positive experience. Congrats to all the teams going. Expensive trip, but well worth it for your boys. You will not be disappointed. Anyone who says it is a worthless tournament probably has a 2022 that should be a 2021. Every single player and family from our team had an awesome trip. Enjoy!

Everyone I have talked to said it was one of the best lacrosse experiences they've ever had. My 2021 did not go but I am hoping my 2023 will be able to experience it next year. And I completely agree with your opinion about why certain teams are not going. They like to make it seem like they're not interested but we all know what that means... to old. I hope that those of us with kids not manipulating the school system will continue to support it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone I have talked to said it was one of the best lacrosse experiences they've ever had. My 2021 did not go but I am hoping my 2023 will be able to experience it next year. And I completely agree with your opinion about why certain teams are not going. They like to make it seem like they're not interested but we all know what that means... to old. I hope that those of us with kids not manipulating the school system will continue to support it.

My son's MD 2022 team decided not to go after informally polling the kids. We do have 3-4 players who didn't make the age cutoff. That is the reason we aren't going. The kids decided they didn't want to leave the older kids behind and the parents and coaches respected that decision. It's unfortunate because it seems like a nice event, but we are moving on and will tune in just the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's MD 2022 team decided not to go after informally polling the kids. We do have 3-4 players who didn't make the age cutoff. That is the reason we aren't going. The kids decided they didn't want to leave the older kids behind and the parents and coaches respected that decision. It's unfortunate because it seems like a nice event, but we are moving on and will tune in just the same.

Seems like a decent decision by your players. Good luck this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why are you so concerned

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone ever done the worriors tryouts that's happening tomorrow? Is it like brine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone ever done the worriors tryouts that's happening tomorrow? Is it like brine?

$$$$ Grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm guessing that my son would have voted the same way... it would be very hard to vote against the best players that are on your team. Not to sure he wouldn't have wanted to go in his heart of hearts though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids tried out for Warrior today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
80 or so. High talent level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I listened to the speech from the coaches to parents at the end about some players submitting tape that couldn't make it. Total BS. Did anyone see something about players sending in video to make the team? Didn't think so.

This is another 9d1 crap, Not a fair

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset Shootout crappy hosts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah that was a load of crap. So they covered their [lacrosse] when they put kids on that team who never tried out. It will be a 91-Express team with maybe one Outlaw peppered in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 2022 Champioship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I listened to the speech from the coaches to parents at the end about some players submitting tape that couldn't make it. Total BS. Did anyone see something about players sending in video to make the team? Didn't think so.

Channy is the 2022 coach - this is so he can put his boys who were away for Spring Break (or playing the Syosset Shootout) on the squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed...couldnt help walking away believing the team was picked before the kids got there. Basically did line drills and shooting drills for an hour and then scrimmaged. No 1 on 1 's...nobody looking to match kids against each other .Midfielders in the last group got 1 shift each.Then you throw in the video stuff..yeah ok.Just say that we already told kids that aren't here that they are on the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 2021 either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 2022 Champioship?

Cheaters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 2022 Champioship?

Cheaters

Who cheated ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed...couldnt help walking away believing the team was picked before the kids got there. Basically did line drills and shooting drills for an hour and then scrimmaged. No 1 on 1 's...nobody looking to match kids against each other .Midfielders in the last group got 1 shift each.Then you throw in the video stuff..yeah ok.Just say that we already told kids that aren't here that they are on the team

It's the worst run event that I have ever seen. They really pulled a fast one. Next time don't bother.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought I saw a 91 kid from crush, why would he be with 2022 kids?

Page 40 of 78 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard