BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Can't figure out why MD/PA teams wouldn't want to know how their age appropriate players fair against other age appropriate teams.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big improvement by T91 since the fall. Starting to play like a team and everybody contributing. Express has 1 kid who is awesome and a bunch of good players. Kid dominated the game in the first half taking every faceoff and never coming off the field as a mid, I don't know how he does it. Was spent in the second half which allowed 91 to come back and win.

WSYL qualifier was a very well run and fun tournament. The MD/PA Bashers would all be playing in it if they could bring their holdbacks. It's amazing to me that they can not field an age appropriate team. Hats off to API for at lease trying and I am sure they will be competitive.

It was only 2 years a go that the Crabs were there and embarrassed by Crush. Everybody that I know that has been there say it is an awesome experience.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does Igloo and 91AA both make it to Denver?

Channy must have went through the roof yesterday.

Top four teams go and several others may be extended an invitation too.

Channy and Express handled it with like champs. Apprecite your interest and concern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 6 teams qualify from the North

1) Igloo
2) 91 AA
3) Express
4) Legacy
5) Primetime
6) Eclipse

7) 91 A
8) Superstars
9) Chargers
10) Igloo Aspen Extreme
11) Knights

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Can't figure out why MD/PA teams wouldn't want to know how their age appropriate players fair against other age appropriate teams.

Big improvement by T91 since the fall. Starting to play like a team and everybody contributing. Express has 1 kid who is awesome and a bunch of good players. Kid dominated the game in the first half taking every faceoff and never coming off the field as a mid, I don't know how he does it. Was spent in the second half which allowed 91 to come back and win.

WSYL qualifier was a very well run and fun tournament. The MD/PA Bashers would all be playing in it if they could bring their holdbacks. It's amazing to me that they can not field an age appropriate team. Hats off to API for at lease trying and I am sure they will be competitive.

It was only 2 years a go that the Crabs were there and embarrassed by Crush. Everybody that I know that has been there say it is an awesome experience.

Not worth the hassle and expense to kick a couple kids off a team and add a couple more for one weak tournament when so many better tournaments are available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worth the hassle and expense to kick a couple kids off a team and add a couple more for one weak tournament when so many better tournaments are available.

Our team had 3 kids ineligible. One by two months and two by a month. The team decided we didn't want to leave those kids behind. That simple.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LEg-a-cee aint going

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API is the only elite MD team there because they have a team with no holdbacks. And they won the East. All other MD teams didn't compete because of age verification and half their team too old.

This tournament is a joke and will continue to be a joke if teams have to be re-created just for it.

None of the top teams in MD participated and that eliminated 90% of the competition for the long island teams.

[/quote]
Clubs should just hold open tryouts for specifically for this tourney. Because (a) it's U13 not grade like the teams that are formed at tryouts (b) it's a capped roster (c) it's about winning and (d) it's about winning on national TV.IMHO, The ESPN involvement in this made this tourney different and the competition will only get better and better, both in our local region and other regions.

For those points above we should have no issue with clubs applying age guidelines to better their roster. It makes sense and will now be the norm, because teams in other regions will now most certainly do this. Trust me those other regions want nothing more than to beat LI team on TV.

This tournament is a joke and will continue to be a joke if teams have to be re-created just for it.

None of the top teams in MD participated and that eliminated 90% of the competition for the long island teams.

[/quote]

This is a totally false statement. Diamondbacks have holdbacks, they just didn't play in the qualifier and can't go to Colorado. Others could have done the same. You know there are holdbacks on your team. Why lie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our team had 3 kids ineligible. One by two months and two by a month. The team decided we didn't want to leave those kids behind. That simple.

And all 3 would have been eligible the last 2 years. Not sure what the point of changing the date was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if there are going to be any teams turning down the invite from the North qualifier?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
leg acey is not going

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that parents hold their kids back and even go as far as to re-classify kids and have them repeat a grade to gain an advantage in sports (often at the urging of their club team) is ridiculous. The time when all reputable tournaments will go to an age-based system is not that far off. US Lacrosse has been trying to move the sport in the right direction, but USL has no power. The change will come after the NCAA changes their recruiting rules as there won't be an advantage to having a 15 or 16 yr old 8th grader anymore. My son is the youngest on his 7th grade team at 12 with a spring birthday. He regularly competes with kids that are 14 and in 7th grade. He holds his own with the older players that have all shot up in size with the onset of puberty and he is one of the leading scorers in the league. When he hits 13 or 14 and hits his growth spurt he will continue to pass these older players by. Several college coaches have told me they want the kid that is just turning 18 before they walk as a senior in HS, not the 20 yr old that has already peaked and maxed out.
WSYL has the best interest of the players in mind with their age rules that match US Lacrosse Guidelines. Eventually, the club teams will come around and do the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen, brother. One can only hope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that parents hold their kids back and even go as far as to re-classify kids and have them repeat a grade to gain an advantage in sports (often at the urging of their club team) is ridiculous. The time when all reputable tournaments will go to an age-based system is not that far off. US Lacrosse has been trying to move the sport in the right direction, but USL has no power. The change will come after the NCAA changes their recruiting rules as there won't be an advantage to having a 15 or 16 yr old 8th grader anymore. My son is the youngest on his 7th grade team at 12 with a spring birthday. He regularly competes with kids that are 14 and in 7th grade. He holds his own with the older players that have all shot up in size with the onset of puberty and he is one of the leading scorers in the league. When he hits 13 or 14 and hits his growth spurt he will continue to pass these older players by. Several college coaches have told me they want the kid that is just turning 18 before they walk as a senior in HS, not the 20 yr old that has already peaked and maxed out.
WSYL has the best interest of the players in mind with their age rules that match US Lacrosse Guidelines. Eventually, the club teams will come around and do the right thing.

I do think there are more of "us" (people who care about the integrity of the sport and the safety of kids) than "them" (basically narcissists) so hopefully you are right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do think there are more of "us" (people who care about the integrity of the sport and the safety of kids) than "them" (basically narcissists) so hopefully you are right!

I agree. The system should be age based, but unfortunately it is not. Until it is age based, any tournament that is age based will not be fully supported and is basically a vacation to Florida or Colorado or Virginia with a little lacrosse thrown in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LEg-a-cee aint going

Wow - the #4 invite is not even going. Who is then?

Why even play in the qualifier? I guess the Long Island qualifier is basically the championship anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. The system should be age based, but unfortunately it is not. Until it is age based, any tournament that is age based will not be fully supported and is basically a vacation to Florida or Colorado or Virginia with a little lacrosse thrown in.

of course you are right ... for now. But the tide is turning and although it may be to late for my kids I still don't mind speaking up until it changes and maybe keep a kid younger than mine from getting hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most people are just unhappy with this event billing itself as a world championship when 80% of the top talent is not participating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The on age top talent teams are participating. If some of the so called top teams not involved, tells you all you need to know about the make up their rosters, unhappy - too bad, stop cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha ha, 100% of the top talent age wise is participating!! Just because your kid is too old just means he probably is in the bottom 20% talent wise of his actual grade!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stupidest post of the day on here...and that's saying something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha ha, 100% of the top talent age wise is participating!! Just because your kid is too old just means he probably is in the bottom 20% talent wise of his actual grade!!!!!!!

You went to Hofstra, didn't you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who isn't competing that makes up the 20%?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesus! Stop moaning if your kid didn't make the team or your team can't go because you have hold backs or your team didn't qualify. LET IT GO. The incessant whining is ridiculous. The pot stirring is ridiculous and is getting really old. Take it to the complaint board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone should really just accept that this is a U13 event only a few 2022 clubs wanted to create U13 teams from their 2022 and 2023 kids.
Jesus! Stop moaning if your kid didn't make the team or your team can't go because you have hold backs or your team didn't qualify. LET IT GO. The incessant whining is ridiculous. The pot stirring is ridiculous and is getting really old. Take it to the complaint board.

Just accept that this is a U13 event and not a 2022 event. These are two totally different things and even if the same club plays in 2022 events and U13 events, they are usually made up of two totally different rosters. Most clubs widely support 2022 events and very few support U13 events. That's just the way teams are built.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone should really just accept that this is a U13 event only a few 2022 clubs wanted to create U13 teams from their 2022 and 2023 kids.

Just accept that this is a U13 event and not a 2022 event. These are two totally different things and even if the same club plays in 2022 events and U13 events, they are usually made up of two totally different rosters. Most clubs widely support 2022 events and very few support U13 events. That's just the way teams are built.

Just accept that all top 2022 teams can have select players 1 year older than the majority of players as a result of holdbacks and U13 are all within a year due to age. Just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just accept that all top 2022 teams can have select players 1 year older than the majority of players as a result of holdbacks and U13 are all within a year due to age. Just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did either the south or central regional qualifiers actually happen? No schedules/results for those two regions on the WSYL WWW site...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.... Day 1 and Prime Time already 0-2? Still going to "win it all"? Hmmmm.....

just goes to show you how stupid people can be, They made the finals in Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A joke .... Money grab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A joke .... Money grab

Why do you call it a money grab and a joke? It's an international championship, the kids are offered an experience that is unmatched by any other tourney, memories of a lifetime, and the kid's and families are all.made to feel special.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A joke .... Money grab

Why do you call it a money grab and a joke? It's an international championship, the kids are offered an experience that is unmatched by any other tourney, memories of a lifetime, and the kid's and families are all.made to feel special.

Problem is....there are no international teams, and the top teams don't even go, which makes it irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A joke .... Money grab

Problem is....there are no international teams, and the top teams don't even go, which makes it irrelevant.

Your so-called "top teams" are largely too old - that is why they don't go. Name a club that can field a team of age eligible players that would beat the top 6 or so teams from this tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.... Day 1 and Prime Time already 0-2? Still going to "win it all"? Hmmmm.....

That post did not question if they would make the finals. It questioned if they would win it all. So the post was actually correct was it not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That post did not question if they would make the finals. It questioned if they would win it all. So the post was actually correct was it not?

Only he LI teams buy into this weak, overhyped tournament with the strange age cutoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The original post was posted during the qualifier implying that Prime Time wouldn't even make the WSYL. d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only he LI teams buy into this weak, overhyped tournament with the strange age cutoffs.

How are the age cutoffs "strange"? Please explain. What other age grouping do you propose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want my 16 year old to be able to play against 13 year olds.

Why that's not normal????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only MD teams need to beat kids two years younger bc they could never compete with on age teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only MD teams need to beat kids two years younger bc they could never compete with on age teams.

Md teams were competitive with Long Island before grade based segmentation. A MD team made the final 4 in Wsyl. Grade based started on LI and other regions followed. Not sure why since its to your detriment. But if you would like to see the trend reversed pressure your club directors to go to us lacrosse 9/1 standard and I guarantee that if ny teams only played in age restricted tournaments the event companies would change since you have the most teams and are most willing to travel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What?!! Please make sense in your next post

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
Quick Reply