BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 313 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon just beat Bullis 10-8

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Good for severna park. Good group of kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the deal with Good Counsel HS? Never a great program but always respectable. Durkin losing the team two years in a row. Benching seniors for no reason. No communication with players or parents. Should be time for a change. lots of good young coaches around the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What's the deal with Good Counsel HS? Never a great program but always respectable. Durkin losing the team two years in a row. Benching seniors for no reason. No communication with players or parents. Should be time for a change. lots of good young coaches around the area.

Good Counsel will never compete with the big boys. The clubs that the players play for (Maryland Xtreme and Zingos) are not top caliber clubs. Madlax, BLC/DCE, VLC, Blackwolf, Club Blue are where the players are that matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can St Stephens be ranked so high? They lost to Calverton and St Albans.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Grateful Dead fan does the rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
also Good Counsel doesn't have pre first like some of the other private schools. can't compete with the big boys. Time for Durkin to retire no communication with players choosing juniors as captains is a joke. seniors getting benched for no reasons. Parents are upset. Change should be coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way Robinson is in the top 10 over Gonzaga. That's just silly.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

A Grateful Dead fan does the rankings

Nice reply....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
also Good Counsel doesn't have pre first like some of the other private schools. can't compete with the big boys. Time for Durkin to retire no communication with players choosing juniors as captains is a joke. seniors getting benched for no reasons. Parents are upset. Change should be coming.

What does pre-first have to do with anything - they are 9 - 12 like Prep.

My older kids graduated from there and had plenty of friends that were a year older for various reasons

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Gonzaga beat GT Prep? How can Prep be higher? Odd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole Wash Post is way off, they have to pay homage to the publics always do for the readers. PVI would beat every public on the list, and yes Robinson and Saverna Park too.

I'd guess the real top five would be:

Landon
Bullis
Gonzaga
PVI
Prep

But the Post wouldn't ever do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when is this new NCAA rule in effect?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC really needs to separate this out. Most Baltimore area people don't give a rip about the DC area teams and vice versa. There should be a Baltimore area Boys HS thread and a DMV one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding got probably the best 2021 recruiting class in the MIAA and are set up for another GREAT one in 2022. They should probably win the MIAA when the 2021s are Juniors and seniors.

BOOK IT!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding got probably the best 2021 recruiting class in the MIAA and are set up for another GREAT one in 2022. They should probably win the MIAA when the 2021s are Juniors and seniors.

BOOK IT!!

Ok 2021 student..like the enthusiasm...But the Big 5 around top of Balt have some good classes coming in to...And if not..They can recruit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference being that the Big 5's freshman are all single and double hold backs and will be 16 year old freshman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference being that the Big 5's freshman are all single and double hold backs and will be 16 year old freshman

Lets start this topic on this page. With the new rule about early contact with kids. Will this decrease or increase the numbers of holdbacks? Will this let us move 3rd to 9th grade lacrosse back to age based not grade based?
How will this rule affect D2 and D3 recruiting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it will dramatically reduce the reclassing of kids for lacrosse purposes. The verbal commitment is no longer available in the 8th grade - so why do it? Everything will go age based because the motivation for grade based (ability to play the holdback game) just went away as well. Organizations (cough - crabs) that built their team on the holdback scheme better come up with a new trick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what happens to 2020?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PVI could not beat Severna Park.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOOK IT!!

What staff is going to coach up and manage all these studs? Are they bringing in a wave of high level coaches too? I wonder if any parents asked questions like this before committing their kid to life on I-97.

I've seen this movie, know how it ends. I've been hearing almost this exact quote for years re Spalding. Heard it circa 2010 regarding Spalding's 2014 and 2015 classes and again around 2013 regarding Spalding's 2017 and 2018 classes (should be running the show around now, how's that going?). Just last spring the dad of a 2019 was gushing about Spalding stockpiling talent and a New World Order in AA County with Spalding at the top of it.

Please stop talking about potential and show me something on the field. Spalding can start Tuesday night against the Saints. Let's see it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it will dramatically reduce the reclassing of kids for lacrosse purposes. The verbal commitment is no longer available in the 8th grade - so why do it? Everything will go age based because the motivation for grade based (ability to play the holdback game) just went away as well. Organizations (cough - crabs) that built their team on the holdback scheme better come up with a new trick.

reclassing & hold backs have been happening long before ER. Crabs were more dominant before grade based teams.

The grade based club ship is going to be tough to turn around. I hope it does but I don't think pushing recruiting to Junior year means it automatically will. My hope that there is less interest in jumping into club at 8/9 years old. Hopefully rec/town lacrosse sees a resurgence. Club lacrosse shouldn't even be a thing until middle school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what happens to 2020?

if they already verbal-ed they mostly likely have their commitments honored if they meet the academic/athletic standards that were set forth in their original verbal non-binding agreement. And contingent on coach still being employed at the institution in fall of 2018. But coach can't communicate directly. Coaches probably spoke with all of their commits before ruling....

It could be interesting to see if any of the kids that have been made offers already accept them through intermediaries and then actually announce them. Remember these are rules on timing of communication NOT timing on when a kid can commit. ie a 2021 player from LI announce yesterday he committed to Michigan. One would assume that UM compliance department that would make sure they don't run afoul of NCAA for lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what happens to 2020?

if they already verbal-ed they mostly likely have their commitments honored if they meet the academic/athletic standards that were set forth in their original verbal non-binding agreement. And contingent on coach still being employed at the institution in fall of 2018. But coach can't communicate directly. Coaches probably spoke with all of their commits before ruling....

It could be interesting to see if any of the kids that have been made offers already accept them through intermediaries and then actually announce them. Remember these are rules on timing of communication NOT timing on when a kid can commit. ie a 2021 player from LI announce yesterday he committed to Michigan. One would assume that UM compliance department that would make sure they don't run afoul of NCAA for lacrosse

I think the real start date is the 26th of this month?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what happens to 2020?

I think the real start date is the 26th of this month?

The IWLCA site says that it is effective immediately and that the NCAA will notify everyone early this week. I don't think it can be immediate if no one is notified.

Quote from Friday "NOTE: The NCAA has confirmed via email that the proposal was passed, effective immediately, meaning all recruiting contact begins September 1st of a prospective student-athlete's junior year. Any recruiting contact with younger PSAs is impermissible under the new rule. An official NCAA interpretation is expected early next week."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: new rules for recruiting. Grade-based will remain because the college coaches still need to go shopping even if the official commitment and contact happens later. The club coach (and private HS coach) will have all the power as the unofficial communicators. Read between the lines - what is still allowed?

Do you think that if your 2021 goes to a clinic at a college, they will ignore his superior talent or make note/let it be known through unofficial channels that they are interested? It's just creating a log jam in the junior year plus postponing facing the inevitable for some players. Now by the end of the sophomore year, players have to accept that they are D2 or D3 level players. There is going to be more anxiety for the kids who are on the bubble - waiting for the Grade A talent pool to be depleted.

There should be far less de-commitment since kids will have to prove themselves both athletically and academically before they can officially commit.

What will happen to the industry built on evaluating and ranking talent? Or do they become more important to save the college staff time for that very short market window for the top talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough, tough game for Landon today--St. I from SF, considered to be best team on the Left Coast....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOOK IT!!

There is no way that the group of 2021's at Spalding is better than the group at BL. I doubt it's even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOOK IT!!

There is no way that the group of 2021's at Spalding is better than the group at BL. I doubt it's even close.

But to keep it in perspective, BL 2021's are 15 and some close to 16 years old. I know three BL 2021 players and they all transferred to BL to repeat seventh grade. Those three should be 2020's and are 15 or will turn 15 by early summer, few are close to 16. This is BL remember, the leader in HS holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOOK IT!!

But to keep it in perspective, BL 2021's are 15 and some close to 16 years old. I know three BL 2021 players and they all transferred to BL to repeat seventh grade. Those three should be 2020's and are 15 or will turn 15 by early summer, few are close to 16. This is BL remember, the leader in HS holdbacks.

This is The cesspool called Maryland Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whiner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOOK IT!!

Oh boy. must be from new [lacrosse]. Am I right? I think so, always bitching about anything that doesn't concern them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually do think the Spalding 21 class is as good as the BL 21 class AND 1. My son isn't in either class 2. doesn't guarantee anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOOK IT!!

Thanks for keeping it in perspective. Not sure what the heck that had to do with which 2021 class is better. There are 9 Crabs 2021 players on BLs plus a few other very good players. I highly doubt Spaulding comes close to that but who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually do think the Spalding 21 class is as good as the BL 21 class AND 1. My son isn't in either class 2. doesn't guarantee anything.

It sounds like the majority of the 2022 Hawks and Diamondbacks are going to Spalding also. Those are two great teams. Phipps is doing a great job recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOOK IT!!

Oh boy. must be from new [lacrosse]. Am I right? I think so, always bitching about anything that doesn't concern them.

Proud of your 16 year old freshman. Am I right? I think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding needs to step up it's coaching staff no more daddy ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Baltimore Sun
Boys lacrosse 4/17/17
No. School Record Prev.
1. McDonogh 8-1 1
2. Boys’ Latin 6-3 2
3. Calvert Hall 6-2 3
4. St. Paul’s 9-1 5
5. Severna Park 8-0 7
6. Severn 9-2 4
7. Loyola Blakefield 2-4 6
8. St. Mary’s 9-1 8
9. Gilman 4-3 9
10. Hereford 6-3 11
11. Westminster 8-0 13
12. Archbishop Spalding 5-4 12
13. Broadneck 7-1 10
14. Fallston 6-2 14
15. South River 6-2 --

Other teams considered: Bel Air (5-3), Centennial (6-2), Gerstell Academy (7-1), John Carroll (4-5), Towson (6-1).

No big shake ups based on the Tues games. All top seeded teams won.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 313 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard