BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 65 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 64 65
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These teams can only win with their hold backs and you know it's true.I would like to see how Hawks, FCA ,
Crabs , Bethesda and Rough Riders play without their hold backs . They can't win .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is the best 2022 teams on true age base team 's in lacrosse . It shows you how other teams are not that good without holdbacks.
Hawks
FCA
Rough riders
Crabs
Bethesda

Does it show you. Lol

Dumb. Cry babies

On spring break? Read a book.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These teams can only win with their hold backs and you know it's true.I would like to see how Hawks, FCA ,
Crabs , Bethesda and Rough Riders play without their hold backs . They can't win .

Snore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A purely public school league would be worse than watching paint dry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the best 2022 teams on true age base team 's in lacrosse . It shows you how other teams are not that good without holdbacks.
Hawks
FCA
Rough riders
Crabs
Bethesda

Diamondbacks has holdbacks as well. They just ditched them for WSYL.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
FCA
Rough riders
Crabs
Bethesda

We'll never know because none of those teams play in an age based league or participate in age based tournaments. All clubs take the best kids that meet the eligibility for the league and vast majority of tournaments. If you want to play age based, join a rec team and play Dicks TOC, USL Nationals, and WSYL. Have fun playing with the competition at that level, but you realize that it is not the highest level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that not the highest level because you can't cheat .. you can't have 14 or 15 year beating up on 12 and 13 years old .. yeah that's the best lacrosse that comes from teams that has holdbacks and parents of holdbacks . API / Diamondbacks always plays in top compentation no matter what the out come is .. hoco elite division and tournaments ... you guys from MD should be happy that they are representing MD in WSYL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN!

Hawks
FCA
Rough riders
Crabs
Bethesda

We'll never know because none of those teams play in an age based league or participate in age based tournaments. All clubs take the best kids that meet the eligibility for the league and vast majority of tournaments. If you want to play age based, join a rec team and play Dicks TOC, USL Nationals, and WSYL. Have fun playing with the competition at that level, but you realize that it is not the highest level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top teams are predominantly private school kids at this point, so maybe the complaint should be that the public school kids are forcing more mediocre teams and diluting the talent in the grade-based league/s. Maybe the government should add pre-first, instead of following the same system for 100 years.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why is that not the highest level because you can't cheat .. you can't have 14 or 15 year beating up on 12 and 13 years old .. yeah that's the best lacrosse that comes from teams that has holdbacks and parents of holdbacks . API / Diamondbacks always plays in top compentation no matter what the out come is .. hoco elite division and tournaments ... you guys from MD should be happy that they are representing MD in WSYL

Diamondbacks has holdbacks too. They just aren't playing in the WYSL or it's qualifiers.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who says MD Teams are not happy for D-Backs ? You can't prove or justify comments about 2022 teams having 14 and 15 year olds on them, Your argument loses all credit when you start spewing crap like that. Do some of these teams have 13 year olds yes, but I do not know one team that has 14 or 15 year olds on them . Teams do have to prove birth year and grad year fro EVERY SINGLE tournament or league game .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who says MD Teams are not happy for D-Backs ? You can't prove or justify comments about 2022 teams having 14 and 15 year olds on them, Your argument loses all credit when you start spewing crap like that. Do some of these teams have 13 year olds yes, but I do not know one team that has 14 or 15 year olds on them . Teams do have to prove birth year and grad year fro EVERY SINGLE tournament or league game .

I think most people are just unhappy with this event billing itself as a world championship when 80% of the top talent is not participating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think most people are just unhappy with this event billing itself as a world championship when 80% of the top talent is not participating.

Say and believe what you want. The simple fact of the matter is that the WSYL event is an awesome experience. Every player on my son's team and every family had a great time in Denver. Even with the 5/1 cutoff last year, MD teams could not compete with LI teams. This year with the 9/1 cutoff, MD teams will be at even more of a disadvantage because most MD 2022 teams have multiple players that are to old. It says a lot about what teams are competing in the qualifier and it says even more looking at those teams that aren't competing. Really very funny. My 2021 son just missed the cutoff this year and dominates 2021 along with his team. He has a July 03 birthday. How would he and his team do against 2022 teams loaded with pre-first his same age? LOL. Keep making excuses and hold your son back again next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop acting like LI teams are so much better than MD teams, and that LI teams don't have holdbacks. Your best team Igloo split apart team so they could recruit other talent to bring to Denver. Maryland has different rules and every team follows those rules. 'Dominate' . 2021 and 2022 LI teams are good but to say they Dominate is a far cry from the truth. MD teams not going to Denver do not want to split up their teams or leave off kids playing all year with team. In Maryland, club teams all play within the rules and it is by far the best competition in the country. Every week, every weekend, indoor and out . That is a fact ! Another fact is that the Best Competition for this AGE-GRADE based teams are not going to Denver. Chop it up how you want but that is the facts. The last comment about 80% is spot on. That leaves LI teams at a very small percentage of top teams in the country.

ps
We all hope to see your son and his team Dominate this year. Is he committed yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop acting like LI teams are so much better than MD teams, and that LI teams don't have holdbacks. Your best team Igloo split apart team so they could recruit other talent to bring to Denver. Maryland has different rules and every team follows those rules. 'Dominate' . 2021 and 2022 LI teams are good but to say they Dominate is a far cry from the truth. MD teams not going to Denver do not want to split up their teams or leave off kids playing all year with team. In Maryland, club teams all play within the rules and it is by far the best competition in the country. Every week, every weekend, indoor and out . That is a fact ! Another fact is that the Best Competition for this AGE-GRADE based teams are not going to Denver. Chop it up how you want but that is the facts. The last comment about 80% is spot on. That leaves LI teams at a very small percentage of top teams in the country.

ps
We all hope to see your son and his team Dominate this year. Is he committed yet?

You can sum up all you wrote much easier...

Maryland dominate YOUTH Teams are loaded with kids that are holdbacks/reclassed/prefirsts .. They cant attend due to that.. Really Simple..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please stop acting like LI teams are so much better than MD teams, and that LI teams don't have holdbacks. Your best team Igloo split apart team so they could recruit other talent to bring to Denver. Maryland has different rules and every team follows those rules. 'Dominate' . 2021 and 2022 LI teams are good but to say they Dominate is a far cry from the truth. MD teams not going to Denver do not want to split up their teams or leave off kids playing all year with team. In Maryland, club teams all play within the rules and it is by far the best competition in the country. Every week, every weekend, indoor and out . That is a fact ! Another fact is that the Best Competition for this AGE-GRADE based teams are not going to Denver. Chop it up how you want but that is the facts. The last comment about 80% is spot on. That leaves LI teams at a very small percentage of top teams in the country.

ps
We all hope to see your son and his team Dominate this year. Is he committed yet? [/quote

Facts? Look guy, proof from an age based tournament is staring you in the face..... 2016 WSYL. 3 LI teams in semis. 0 MD teams in semis. That appears to be 75% of the teams in the semis from LI or according to you a very small percentage of the top teams in the country. Like I said, my son is 13. He will be 17 when he graduates from High School. No he is not committed. Is your 14 year old 7th grader committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's get back to discussing the real competition next weekend. Bethesda is for real. API back in league action after qualifying for WSYL. RR surprisingly 2-0. Will Next Level have enough kids? Which Team 91 will show up? Can FCA rebound against Hawks? Does Madlax win the battle for MoCo? Crabs finally gets into the action vs. API.

Bethesda Blue vs. Rough Riders
API Diamondbacks vs. Next Level Black
Rough Riders vs. Team 91
Hawks Green vs. FCA - Blue
Next Level Black vs. Madlax - Capital
Crabs vs. API Diamondbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough drawl for RR this week.

Let's see if crabs can finally get a game in.

Predictions
BLC
API
RR
HAWKS
MAD
CRABS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
80% percent can't play because their to old to play WSYL and you are saying that is top talent . Explain to me how that is top talent .They play younger kids . They can't play their own age that is not top talent ... Sorry top talent is when you play up not down...be proud of your son for beating up younger players... help me understand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
80% percent can't play because their to old to play WSYL and you are saying that is top talent . Explain to me how that is top talent .They play younger kids . They can't play their own age that is not top talent ... Sorry top talent is when you play up not down...be proud of your son for beating up younger players... help me understand

It is within the rules according to all parents of kids that playdown. And the rest of us should be happy to be playing against older competition. Of course they dont take their own advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buyer beware if you are signing up for the Warrior AA tryouts. If 91 is involved don't bother.

I listened to the speech from the coaches to parents at the end about some players submitting tape that couldn't make it. Total BS. Did anyone see something about players sending in video to make the team? Didn't think so.

This is another 9d1 crap, Not a fair

Channy is the 2022 coach - this is so he can put his boys who were away for Spring Break (or playing the Syosset Shootout) on the squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

80% of the top teams do not want to break up their teams to follow the arbitrary age cut off rules for one event that is expensive to travel to and does not have good competition .... even though your fees pay for it to be on ESPN and also pay for a lot of swag.

Instead of paying for great competition, you are paying for a unique experience. It just depends what your priorities are - Do you value team unity or do you value tv exposure and swag?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you try out for a 2022 team make that team than your team decides to play in the wsyl and you do not make the age requirement. What next ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you try out for a 2022 team make that team than your team decides to play in the wsyl and you do not make the age requirement. What next ?

Then you get the week off and your club fees go to subsidizing the kids that do play at wsyl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

80% of the top teams do not want to break up their teams to follow the arbitrary age cut off rules for one event that is expensive to travel to and does not have good competition .... even though your fees pay for it to be on ESPN and also pay for a lot of swag.

Instead of paying for great competition, you are paying for a unique experience. It just depends what your priorities are - Do you value team unity or do you value tv exposure and swag?

my priority is to see my kid play against kids his own age and see where he "really" stacks up. when you hold your kid back or play him down what is your priority?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you DON'T MEET WSYLAX AGE REQUIREMENT THEN YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT A 2022!!! Do you understand now!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

play on your correct 2021 team.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attendance. According to Maryland law (7-301: Compulsory Attendance), every child between the ages of 5 and 17 must attend school. All children who will be 5 years old by September 1 of any given year must attend school in either a licensed private or public school Kindergarten that year.Sep 1, 2016

Hhhmmm, I wonder where US Lax and WSYLAX got their magical age cut off date to exclude your poor MD kid!!!! Ignorance is bliss........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you DON'T MEET WSYLAX AGE REQUIREMENT THEN YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT A 2022!!! Do you understand now!!!!!!!

I have a son that just turned twelve last month. He is in 7th grade but he was accelerated and skipped 2nd grade. He had been playing with the 2023s until this year when Howard County said he must play 2022. Is he definitely not a 2022 or is he a 2022 because that is his graduating class?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attendance. According to Maryland law (7-301: Compulsory Attendance), every child between the ages of 5 and 17 must attend school. All children who will be 5 years old by September 1 of any given year must attend school in either a licensed private or public school Kindergarten that year.Sep 1, 2016

Hhhmmm, I wonder where US Lax and WSYLAX got their magical age cut off date to exclude your poor MD kid!!!! Ignorance is bliss........

Love how NY parents will complain about MD teams having older players on one hand and then begrudgingly admit that the WSYL tourney is no better than the average summer tourney without MD teams. Just go dominate the 2nd rate on-age competition and come home with some sweet gear. Don't worry about MD parents and their kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. 2022 is not an age, so I don't understand. But, if you are in the class of 2022 today, you are in 7th grade. Do you understand?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a son that just turned twelve last month. He is in 7th grade but he was accelerated and skipped 2nd grade. He had been playing with the 2023s until this year when Howard County said he must play 2022. Is he definitely not a 2022 or is he a 2022 because that is his graduating class?

If he is in 7th grade, he should be playing with 2022. In a league with grad based teams, your kid's age means squat. He is DEFINITELY a 2022 if he is in 7th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the kid is penalized atheletically for being ahead academically. That is stupid. You don't see many of these so I would be very proud.
Looks like the kid is smarter than this poster. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express fogo plays 2022 and he did not qualify for WSYL. And the kicker is he's not even from LI. He is in the 100 mile limit though. Funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is in 7th grade, he should be playing with 2022. In a league with grad based teams, your kid's age means squat. He is DEFINITELY a 2022 if he is in 7th grade.

My question was in response to the previous poster who said if you don't meet the age requirement for WSYL, then you are definitely not a 2022. The point being that it works both ways. 2022 is 2022 whether younger, older or we like it or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They probably got it from a different magical place than last year when it was May 1. Sounds arbitrary to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My question was in response to the previous poster who said if you don't meet the age requirement for WSYL, then you are definitely not a 2022. The point being that it works both ways. 2022 is 2022 whether younger, older or we like it or not.

I misunderstood. Sorry about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I misunderstood. Sorry about that.

Not a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone head regarding the Warrior tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone head regarding the Warrior tryouts?

It sounds like the Warrior National Prospect Invite is through a nomination and review process and it is for older kids.

This is what the site says "The search for the best 2019 , 2020 and 2021 lacrosse players begins with online nominations."

Also, with the new ruling by the NCAA on recruiting, it probably makes the most sense to wait until your kid is at least graduating 9th grade before even considering these events.

I can't imagine a college coach tracking 8th or even 9th graders when they can't even talk to them until the September after they graduate 10th grade.

Page 36 of 65 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 64 65

Link Copied to Clipboard