BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 75 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke needs one more win to make tournament !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Duke needs one more win to make tournament !!

They have to beat NW, UNC or win a game in the ACC tournament. Presbyterian isn't going to get it done...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is a good coach, Their players stick skills are lacking, The next few years worth of recruits will get them back to the Top of the Colonial

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are academically eligible to play...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is a good coach, Their players stick skills are lacking, The next few years worth of recruits will get them back to the Top of the Colonial

Because the girls were shipped to her in unmarked containers? No, they recruited those players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
College Lacrosse Polls

IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 10
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 13-0 400 20 1
2 North Carolina 12-1 379 2
3 Florida 11-2 361 3
4 Stony Brook 11-1 338 4
5 Penn State 13-1 315 5
6 Colorado 12-1 299 6
7 Princeton 9-1 284 7
8 Cornell 9-1 257 8
9 Southern California 11-3 229 9
9 Penn 9-2 229 10
11 Notre Dame 10-5 188 12
12 Syracuse 11-4 185 11
13 Towson 9-4 138 14
13 Denver 10-2 138 13
15 Virginia 7-7 116 15
16 Northwestern 7-6 93 16
17 James Madison 9-5 70 18
18 Virginia Tech 11-5 49 20
19 Boston College 10-5 41 17
20 Duke 7-6 34 NR

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, April 10
1 Adelphi 10-0 396 16 1
2 Lindenwood 14-0 379 3 2
3 Le Moyne 10-0 364 1 3
4 Florida Southern 14-2 337 4
5 Rollins 11-2 307 5
6 LIU Post 8-1 305 6
7 Limestone 12-1 270 7
8 Queens 10-2 242 8
9 Florida Tech 9-2 239 9
10 Mercyhurst 8-2 213 10
11 West Chester 8-2 190 11
12 New Haven 8-1 182 12
13 Pace 8-2 171 13
14 NYIT 11-1 147 14
15 Regis (CO) 9-1 124 15
16 Mercy 11-1 96 17
17 Stonehill 6-5 53 19
18 Indiana (PA) 6-4 47 20
19 Lock Haven 6-5 45 16
20 Seton Hill 6-6 31 18

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division III, April 10
1 College of NJ. 7-1 376 9 2
2 Washington & Lee 9-1 367 5 3
3 Gettysburg 10-2 360 4 5
4 Franklin & Marshall 9-2 332 1
5 Middlebury 9-2 326 1 4
6 Trinity (CT) 10-1 294 1 6
7 [lacrosse] 11-2 278 7
8 Bowdoin 9-2 252 8
9 William Smith 10-1 222 14
10 Messiah 8-2 209 12
11 Salisbury 11-3 196 13
12 Ithaca 9-2 177 10
13 Hamilton 7-4 140 15
14 Mary Washington 11-4 136 16
15 Cortland 7-3 130 9
16 Colby 7-3 95 19
17 Catholic (DC) 7-4 86 11
18 Brockport 8-1 81 17
19 St. John Fisher 6-3 40 18
20 Tufts 6-4 38 NR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are academically eligible to play...

Who are you talking about here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting to me that you all feel that playing D1 women's lax is such a burden . I say this because my oldest is a sophomore at a top 10 D1 lax program and does not indicate it being overwhelming . I have never pushed her to play ( have always pushed her to well in all she does ) and have always said grades come first and if lax becomes too much just quit. They do miss classes for travel but the time spent practicing , running , lifting in season is not much greater than in high school if at all.
Definitely some social sacrifices made if your kid is a big party / drinking kid but they do have some fun .

I guess the kids at that HS lifted in the morning practiced and watched film in a single day? Wow you guys must of been really good and I think all parents say grades come first never heard a pĂ rent say do great in LAX the grades will come. I guess you never played bĂ ck in the day so you really don't understand how practice was back then compared to today's routine.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what you said about the current group of recruits 3-4 years ago. the reality is the best team she had at Hofstra was the one handed to her, that would be a roster of players that somebody else recruited, not hers, she can't evaluate talent and on the rare occasion when she does she has no chance of recruiting them, who would want to play there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what you said about the current group of recruits 3-4 years ago. the reality is the best team she had at Hofstra was the one handed to her, that would be a roster of players that somebody else recruited, not hers, she can't evaluate talent and on the rare occasion when she does she has no chance of recruiting them, who would want to play there?

She is also not checking her incoming recruits academic eligibility...wonder how administrators will feel about that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting to me that you all feel that playing D1 women's lax is such a burden . I say this because my oldest is a sophomore at a top 10 D1 lax program and does not indicate it being overwhelming . I have never pushed her to play ( have always pushed her to well in all she does ) and have always said grades come first and if lax becomes too much just quit. They do miss classes for travel but the time spent practicing , running , lifting in season is not much greater than in high school if at all.
Definitely some social sacrifices made if your kid is a big party / drinking kid but they do have some fun .

I guess the kids at that HS lifted in the morning practiced and watched film in a single day? Wow you guys must of been really good and I think all parents say grades come first never heard a pĂ rent say do great in LAX the grades will come. I guess you never played bĂ ck in the day so you really don't understand how practice was back then compared to today's routine.

What are you babbling about ? You sound like an idiot. My kid plays at a perennial top 10 D1 lax program . In season they rarely lift and yes watch about an hour of film per game played . You may want it to be otherwise but other than travel time they do not put in more that 2.5 hrs a day toward lax like she did in high school . Exactly how much time is your daughter devoting to lax , it sounds like that's all she does .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She has brought in 3 strong freshman starting for her this year. A couple of good recruits coming in next year and they'll be ok. Not great but competitive. Go Pride!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She has brought in 3 strong freshman starting for her this year. A couple of good recruits coming in next year and they'll be ok. Not great but competitive. Go Pride!!!

Best case scenario is middle of the pack in the CAA (a fairly weak conference) for the foreseeable future, won't sniff a tournament bid anytime soon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brooke Griffin no longer listed as an assistant on the BC website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A fairly weak conference?...they have (2) teams in the top 20 and one that just dropped this weekend and is a very solid team just on the outside. Yeah we should listen to you...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook at Hopkins on ESPNU today...5:00

Now you can see what all the hype is about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best case scenario is middle of the pack in the CAA (a fairly weak conference) for the foreseeable future, won't sniff a tournament bid anytime soon

No dog in the race but CAA is a VERY competitive conference... Towson, JMU, Elon at the top. Delaware gave SBU all they could handle last year. Drexel and Wm Mary aren't terrible teams either. If Hofstra can be competitive and make the CAA playoffs, that would be a step in the right direction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAA one of most competitive conferences Problem for Hofstra is how teams around them have strengthened

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brooke Griffin no longer listed as an assistant on the BC website.

Now she's listed again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAA one of most competitive conferences Problem for Hofstra is how teams around them have strengthened

While Hofstra has gone in the other direction

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm watching some of the Stony Brook-Johns Hopkins game. Not many people there. It's hard to tell exactly, but it looks like less than 100? I've been to Homewood Field many times, and I can tell you that the stands are mostly empty. Probably all parents. I thought SB was a HUGE draw. Guess I was wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook at Hopkins on ESPNU today...5:00

Now you can see what all the hype is about

Too bad they couldn't find a second announcer who knows the women's game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm watching some of the Stony Brook-Johns Hopkins game. Not many people there. It's hard to tell exactly, but it looks like less than 100? I've been to Homewood Field many times, and I can tell you that the stands are mostly empty. Probably all parents. I thought SB was a HUGE draw. Guess I was wrong.

Jealous that your team's not on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's because Hopkins is so bad! Stony Brook will choke when they play top tier, remember the Florida game? They better hope they don't see Maryland!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jealous that your team's not on?

No. Why would I? Not a fan of either team, especially SB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland schools aren't on vacation this week like New [lacrosse]

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Only 52% of D1 student/athletes play the full four years over the last ten years. I have been following the 2013 class and it is at 53% (part of a study for USA Lacrosse). The overwhelming reason is that the lax practice, travel and playing is a burden on the student's grades, social life and well being (a distant second is injury). This issue, along with early recruiting practices, is a major concern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

Only 52% of D1 student/athletes play the full four years over the last ten years. I have been following the 2013 class and it is at 53% (part of a study for USA Lacrosse). The overwhelming reason is that the lax practice, travel and playing is a burden on the student's grades, social life and well being (a distant second is injury). This issue, along with early recruiting practices, is a major concern.

i am surprised that it is even that high . I wonder how much actual playing time impacts that number . I would think lack of playing time may be the biggest issue which is something that many of the athletes are hesitant to indicate as their primary reason causing them to stop playing .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The issue is the kids are weak or lazy or both. They can't get anything done because mom or dad isn't there to keep pushing them. Or worse, mom and dad are still there doing it.

I personally know a D1 soccer player who stopped playing after 2 years because of the workload. She works in a deli and makes a great sandwich. I really like her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for a dose of reality, Baldbear. All three of my kids played D1, only one in lacrosse, and that was what I saw as well across sports.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Thanks for a dose of reality, Baldbear. All three of my kids played D1, only one in lacrosse, and that was what I saw as well across sports.

I usually publish on this site the numbers in July. I don't expect much of a change because in the past there is not much fall off from junior to senior year (I am referring to my 2013 class).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many kids don't love practicing 35 hours a week especially when many have gone from the best players on their club or school teams to players that barely get off the bench if ever in college. When they hit the turn going into JR year many choose internships and just to enjoy everything college has to offer the last two years without the rigors of a fulltime lax job. We can all fool ourselves but if you don't think some of these kids are playing just because mom and dad have always pushed it you are being naive and when they reach 20 years of age many are now mature enough to push back on mom and dad and tell them they are done. That's why only 50% play all four years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many kids don't love practicing 35 hours a week especially when many have gone from the best players on their club or school teams to players that barely get off the bench if ever in college. When they hit the turn going into JR year many choose internships and just to enjoy everything college has to offer the last two years without the rigors of a fulltime lax job. We can all fool ourselves but if you don't think some of these kids are playing just because mom and dad have always pushed it you are being naive and when they reach 20 years of age many are now mature enough to push back on mom and dad and tell them they are done. That's why only 50% play all four years.

Makes sense. Even the kids that play get tired of the pressure placed on them when the team is not winning games. It all gets old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Carol Rose takes over the women's professional lacrosse league and Shannon smith gets fired as the Long Island coach a week later, wow! Not saying it's a bad thing, the new coaches are definitely better. Hope they play on Long Island this season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Carol Rose takes over the women's professional lacrosse league and Shannon smith gets fired as the Long Island coach a week later, wow! Not saying it's a bad thing, the new coaches are definitely better. Hope they play on Long Island this season!

Nobody cares about woman's professional league, You will be sitting with 10 others if they come to LI, all parents of the players trying to relive an irrelevant college sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the new coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the new coaches?

Regy Thorpe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the new coaches?

Regy Thorpe

Is Gait still commish? Seems fishy that CR gets the gig and fires SS who won the championship last year. From the outside looking in it just seems that their petty BS continues. Thorpe works for Gait. Seems the backroom BS deals continue. Between directors running tournaments, clubs, training, camps and recruiting there is real stank on the process and the system

Page 52 of 75 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard