BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 62 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So funny people would spend 185 to tryout for this with no information on who the coach is. Have fun.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So funny people would spend 185 to tryout for this with no information on who the coach is. Have fun.

On most grade levels there is a 91 coach, and Express coach and a coach from another team. Definitely not a 91 team. For this age group you can probably expect 5-6 each from Blast and Geese and 10-12 from other teams. Blast and Geese might be the best teams but they definitely don't have all the best kids. Their is still no real dominant players that I've seen yet at this age level. It'll be nice to see a bunch of fresh faces on this team!

Also, coaches were selected to get the biggest turn out at the tryout. They are not on the evaluation committee and have no say in who makes the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On most grade levels there is a 91 coach, and Express coach and a coach from another team. Definitely not a 91 team. For this age group you can probably expect 5-6 each from Blast and Geese and 10-12 from other teams. Blast and Geese might be the best teams but they definitely don't have all the best kids. Their is still no real dominant players that I've seen yet at this age level. It'll be nice to see a bunch of fresh faces on this team!

Also, coaches were selected to get the biggest turn out at the tryout. They are not on the evaluation committee and have no say in who makes the team.

And how would you know this exactly? It's not posted anywhere. Smells like someone who is connected to the event organizer. Way to anonymously promote your overpriced gig.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And how would you know this exactly? It's not posted anywhere. Smells like someone who is connected to the event organizer. Way to anonymously promote your overpriced gig.

Dude, do you talk to anyone? I called my kids coach and asked him a bunch of questions about it. He told me everything. Most coaches have all of the info, they may not promote it for reasons of their own, but the clubs know everything.

Maybe you should stop being such a whiny [lacrosse] and be proactive. Do you think your some is one of the 22 best in grade level? Then have him try out. If not, save your money. But to trash something before it happens because it's too elite for you or your boy is ludicrous.

Probably 7 mids (expect 2 from Blast, 2 from Geese and 3 from other teams)
Probably 2 goalies
Probably 5 poles
Probably 5 attack

That's generally how they want to break it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I asked numerous people if they are having there son tryout for this. 1 person said yes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who wants to come out and say they are going to spend $185 for a tryout for a 4th grade team only to make it and shell out another $695 to join? They should charge $1695. Their will always be lax nuts to pay.

Making an elite team in 4th grade is just that. Take a lot pictures!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its only money Guy.. Get over it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who wants to come out and say they are going to spend $185 for a tryout for a 4th grade team only to make it and shell out another $695 to join? They should charge $1695. Their will always be lax nuts to pay.

But your son will get a new helmet, equipment bag, stick and another pair of gloves.....or should I say 'the dopest Warrior & New Balance gear package you can dream up'
I don't know about you guys, but my boy already has 4 sticks, 2 helmets and 3 pairs of gloves. We don't need anymore!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But your son will get a new helmet, equipment bag, stick and another pair of gloves.....or should I say 'the dopest Warrior & New Balance gear package you can dream up'
I don't know about you guys, but my boy already has 4 sticks, 2 helmets and 3 pairs of gloves. We don't need anymore!

Only 4 sticks? What did the little guy do wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Took 2 away because he only scored 4 goals in his PAL game last week.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are soft! next time try to make the punishment fit the crime! I say force him to take piano.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because it would be a really fun experience for your son to play on a team like this to prove what region is the best in the country. Maybe it would be fun to play with some kids they play against a lot. I agree the price is over the top a bit. But I'm sure you would have no problem spending that at Lugers on a Friday night. Or maybe you just know he won't make it so why waste your $

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the opposite -- the team will not be he best in the region because he won't be there wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they can find two goalies at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because it would be a really fun experience for your son to play on a team like this to prove what region is the best in the country. Maybe it would be fun to play with some kids they play against a lot. I agree the price is over the top a bit. But I'm sure you would have no problem spending that at Lugers on a Friday night. Or maybe you just know he won't make it so why waste your $

In all honesty, no, my boy is not at the level where he would make the team. But, even if he were, he would still skip this event (my choice). For 4th grade, this is something that is not necessary....7th grade and up, I can see value in doing something like this.

Between his PAL team, his town tournament team and his summer club team, he will have plenty of lacrosse between now and late July. I would like to have some family time that is not on the sideline of a field for a week before football practices and tryouts for next summer start in August. Call me selfish

No but you are right, it's all jealousy that since my boy isn't good enough in 4th grade that he won't be trying out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all honesty, no, my boy is not at the level where he would make the team. But, even if he were, he would still skip this event (my choice). For 4th grade, this is something that is not necessary....7th grade and up, I can see value in doing something like this.

Between his PAL team, his town tournament team and his summer club team, he will have plenty of lacrosse between now and late July. I would like to have some family time that is not on the sideline of a field for a week before football practices and tryouts for next summer start in August. Call me selfish

No but you are right, it's all jealousy that since my boy isn't good enough in 4th grade that he won't be trying out.

Thats ok. But don't crap on the tournament and the $ if you know your son is not trying out because of reasons other than money. its pricey cause they don't want tons of kids that won't make the team to try out. would be unfair to the kids that have a shot at making it to be evaluated properly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it's because they're making money. Lots of it. I'm not saying that it's wrong but don't be so naive. It's always about the money. They don't give a crap who's there or how good they are. Nor do they care which region wins. They want full teams in each bracket to maximize profit and some legitimacy during the tryouts and the games so people come back.

Again, not a bad, it's business. Provide a good product and people will buy it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be goalies but how good will they be. not much going on in this age group except the girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be goalies but how good will they be. not much going on in this age group except the girl.

Is she trying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...less games and more training on proper form... get 5-6 kids together with that really good High School player down the street... kids will love it, while improving dramatically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You get great swag but they refuse to tell you who the coach is which is the most important thing for a kids development at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...less games and more training on proper form... get 5-6 kids together with that really good High School player down the street... kids will love it, while improving dramatically.

You get great swag but they refuse to tell you who the coach is which is the most important thing for a kids development at this age.

You guys are missing the point entirely. This is not about player development. This is a tournament. A single tournament. They won't be spending a lot of time practicing so coaching doesn't really matter. Maybe they put in one man-up play, an offensive play and a defensive call/clear. But that's it. This is a special event for the best players on LI for each graduating class. They will get some cool gear and have a really great time playing some high level lacrosse against the best players from other regions of the country. And they will play on a college campus. That's pretty cool if you ask me. It's an awesome opportunity and I really hope my guy makes it. Every kid on that team is going to feel like a rock start for that weekend and for the year following. You can trash it all you want, it's not going to change how special and exciting this event will be for those fortunate enough to make the team. Is it expensive? Absolutely. But an experience like this, if my guy is lucky enough to make it, will be priceless to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunate enough to make the team??? In the 2025 age bracket they will be lucky enough to get enough kids to try out to form a team. If you feel it's worth for your son to do more power to you but the majority of parents feel that this is a bit excessive at this age. Once again everyone is entitled to their opinion but please don't tell me that these kids are the best on Long Island because you shelled out $185 for a tryout that will probably consist of less than 30 kids. If you think that the only good players at this age are the ones who play on the geese, blast & team Channy than you obviously don't watch the pal games. There are plenty of good lacrosse players at this age group who don't play on big clubs, all for different reasons ( money, other sport commitments, too much travel, etc).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are missing the point entirely. This is not about player development. This is a tournament. A single tournament. They won't be spending a lot of time practicing so coaching doesn't really matter. Maybe they put in one man-up play, an offensive play and a defensive call/clear. But that's it. This is a special event for the best players on LI for each graduating class. They will get some cool gear and have a really great time playing some high level lacrosse against the best players from other regions of the country. And they will play on a college campus. That's pretty cool if you ask me. It's an awesome opportunity and I really hope my guy makes it. Every kid on that team is going to feel like a rock start for that weekend and for the year following. You can trash it all you want, it's not going to change how special and exciting this event will be for those fortunate enough to make the team. Is it expensive? Absolutely. But an experience like this, if my guy is lucky enough to make it, will be priceless to me.

I can't argue with anything you wrote above. You're right....kids will get ton of swag, feel like rock stars and kids happiness is all a parent should want.
But I would just be cautious...... take a look at what happened with the Texas results. Looks like they are combining the 23s/24s and didn't announce a 25 team.

Only question is, does it make sense for 4th graders?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't argue with anything you wrote above. You're right....kids will get ton of swag, feel like rock stars and kids happiness is all a parent should want.
But I would just be cautious...... take a look at what happened with the Texas results. Looks like they are combining the 23s/24s and didn't announce a 25 team.

Only question is, does it make sense for 4th graders?

I respect last two postings above. But in regards to Texas, not everything is bigger in Texas, especially lax. While they have to combine age groups there, LI is more prominent when it comes to lax. So I wouldnt judge because Texas couldnt field a team in 2025. Li should, just depends how good the team will be and how much talent comes out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Logical argument. I am happy to see some conversation on this site without name calling. So just a general question, what age does it make sense to look at this then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Logical argument. I am happy to see some conversation on this site without name calling. So just a general question, what age does it make sense to look at this then?

Entering middle school. Elementary school club lacrosse is for parents only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle School time you will actually have the best kids at the grade on Long Island playing in it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle School time you will actually have the best kids at the grade on Long Island playing in it.

True. There won't be too many 25's there. 23 & 22 will be competitive. Those are really solid age groups. 25's will take whoever shows up. But their moms will still post on Facebook that their kids are the greatest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only thing I would add is this. Great experience for kids to develop their tryout game. What I mean by that, Some kids get nervous, haven't seen the drills, then others just show up and been there done that, it's not s bad thing to develop that so when it counts, your child is comfortable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only thing I would add is this. Great experience for kids to develop their tryout game. What I mean by that, Some kids get nervous, haven't seen the drills, then others just show up and been there done that, it's not s bad thing to develop that so when it counts, your child is comfortable

Valiant effort, but the top 25 or 30 kids in their grade are already comfortable at tryouts. Part of being good is being relaxed (but focused) in a playing environment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would add if your kid immediately looks at your when he makes a mistake, you should probably tell him it's okay to make a mistake and not spend the car ride home telling him everything he did wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would add if your kid immediately looks at your when he makes a mistake, you should probably tell him it's okay to make a mistake and not spend the car ride home telling him everything he did wrong.

I really like the concept of this tourney, but if regions are already failing to draw enough 2025s to make a team then I think it will be a weak tournament. Do you think anyone from Cali, Colorado, the Northwest, etc.. is going to field a team and fly across the country? Unlikely. There will probably be 2 or 3 total teams instead of 11 and they will need to combine divisions. 2025's will spend $1000 to play a game against Maryland and Florida.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it is a FACT that coaches notice when a young kid does the old look over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to hear some honest thoughts on the warrior tryout today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked like a clinic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's weird because some guy 5 minutes ago asked me to tell him some dishonest thought about warrior today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean it looked like a blast practice. Great money grab for all you dreamers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryout was about what I expected for 2025. Show up and you're almost guaranteed a spot. I'd guess that they're only going to cut 3-4 kids. Fortunately, most of the kids there were really good. I guess having to shell out $185 for a tryout forces some parents to be honest with themselves. It's a solid team and they're going to do well at UMass.

What was really shocking and disappointing to me was the poor turnout from Geese. Only 2 kids were there from them. With all the chatter about Geese on this forum I expected more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 90% 91 Blast and some Express kids. The 91 kids were fast and rough but not necessary good players. A few other kids had good stick skills. Pretty much a joke for 2025.

Page 26 of 62 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard