BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Re: Boys 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
bring back BIRTH DAYs...AAU hoops changed there rules hold backs are a joke

Lacrosse is ruled by Private School East Coast holdback mentality.
USL while claiming to be for age base is in and run by Baltimore people. The Baltimore Region is where holdbacks rule the field.

I'm very confident clubs will go to Birthday cutoffs when the colleges stop evaluating based on graduation years.

Colleges will never go to age based recruiting? Why would they? Every sport recruits by grade. You don't see basketball and football parents - who see much more reclassing - this worked up as lacrosse parents are.

So grade based recruiting is responsible for having the mess we have with 3rd thru 8th grade teams. So the select heldback players get to play down against other same age players due to the recruitment in 9th thru 12 grade??? You guys are too funny!!

Somehow the coaches didnt have a problem before??
Especially since HS teams were all grade based and no one cared about the age difference?? HS lacrosse was a complete different structure then YOUTH Lacrosse..but it isnt to many now and many clubs want to keep it that way.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue with this age group is the abundance of crazy coaches. I have boys that play in older graduation years, the amount of daddy ball and coaches losing their mind on the sideline is ridiculous in 2024. Much more than what i have experienced in the past. I would hate to see some of these coaches in a couple of years when recruiting starts to kick in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any games/play days this past weekend? Always good to get a sense of how the HoCo league will shake out this year, plus this forum is very quiet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any games/play days this past weekend? Always good to get a sense of how the HoCo league will shake out this year, plus this forum is very quiet!

Madlax beat a good Brotherly Love team on Sunday. Madlax is probably the preseason #1. Bethesda and Team 91 are also good. Lots of talent in the HoCo league. Anybody could win any weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax beat a good Brotherly Love team on Sunday. Madlax is probably the preseason #1. Bethesda and Team 91 are also good. Lots of talent in the HoCo league. Anybody could win any weekend.

The Elite 8 Tourney in MD this June will tell a lot about this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven to heard a lot about BLC this fall/spring. How do they look?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't heard a lot about BLC this fall/spring. How do they look?

Any truth to the rumor that they lost some kids? Heard something about younger kids that had been playing up dropping back to 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is pretty much what BLC does

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC play any games the past 3 weeks? Are they any good this year? All other local teams have played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC play any games the past 3 weeks? Are they any good this year? All other local teams have played.

No, they won't be any good this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the 91 Wolfpack this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing the 91 Wolfpack this weekend

When/where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are talking on the Internet about 5th graders? Weird.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what does it make what you are doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sure you have the right team? HOCO league has them playing Madlax Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just stumbled upon this website while looking for kitten videos. I'm no weirdo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax beat a good Brotherly Love team on Sunday. Madlax is probably the preseason #1.

There is no preseason #1 for a team with 5th grade boys. Nobody else thinks that way except insane Madlax parents. Just cheer for your kid and hope they have fun at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax beat a good Brotherly Love team on Sunday. Madlax is probably the preseason #1.

There is no preseason #1 for a team with 5th grade boys. Nobody else thinks that way except insane Madlax parents. Just cheer for your kid and hope they have fun at this age.

Well they do keep score for 5th graders and they do have a winner in all the leagues and tournaments so the just for fun is just not correct. But what you can say is the players who are great today could not be great in 3 to 4 years this is a correct statement. But to say parents or kids do not care who is the best or that there is no one to find out witch team is the best is just not correct also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they do keep score for 5th graders and they do have a winner in all the leagues and tournaments so the just for fun is just not correct. But what you can say is the players who are great today could not be great in 3 to 4 years this is a correct statement. But to say parents or kids do not care who is the best or that there is no one to find out witch team is the best is just not correct also.

You must be one of those idiot dads who screams at officials at a 5th grade boys lacrosse game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just stumbled upon this website while looking for kitten videos. I'm no weirdo.

I prefer baby seal videos, but I am very weird.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I prefer baby seal videos, but I am very weird.

I prefer baby kittens eating seals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax beat BLC 7-2 this weekend in HOCO opener

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams looked good in the A division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that 9d1's coach lost it today. Heard he was yelling insults directly at the other team's players, and told his players to break a kid's arm. wth!?! Does anyone know what happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th grade lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the Crabs being 0-2?

Surprising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that 9d1's coach lost it today. Heard he was yelling insults directly at the other team's players, and told his players to break a kid's arm. wth!?! Does anyone know what happened?

Was it the 5th grade game against Madlax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, madlax won 13-9 and as expected the giant 13+ year old face off middie won every face off and dominated. It's frankly sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who coaches that team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't surprise me, sounds like the roughriders coach. Makes the game unbearable to watch with the constant screaming. What's up with these coaches in this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who coaches that team?

It was MM. Really sad that he thinks it is okay to insult and threaten violence against 11 year old boys. But then if anyone comes within 5 yards of his kids, he has a conniption. Total hypocrite and disgrace to the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who coaches that team?

It was MM. Really sad that he thinks it is okay to insult and threaten violence against 11 year old boys. But then if anyone comes within 5 yards of his kids, he has a conniption. Total hypocrite and disgrace to the game.

I don't know who MM is, but this guy should NOT be coaching, much less 5th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon

You mean it was the guy that runs 9d1. Why would parents pay money to let their kids play for that guy. After what he did yesterday, he should be locked up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This seems unreal. Was anyone there or is this hearsay?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I was there. Don't want to fuel fire but sadly true. Two T91 parents got ejected but don't think they deserved it. Millon kept yelling nasty things at the Madlax players to try and get under their skin. He called one of the Madlax players a [lacrosse]. He told his players to break one of the Madlax middies arms. He kept yelling that everyone on the Madlax team sucked except for the 9th grader. Then he yelled at the so-called 9th grader that he would "never make it at the next level." It was ugly to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I was there. Don't want to fuel fire but sadly true. Two T91 parents got ejected but don't think they deserved it. Millon kept yelling nasty things at the Madlax players to try and get under their skin. He called one of the Madlax players a [lacrosse]. He told his players to break one of the Madlax middies arms. He kept yelling that everyone on the Madlax team sucked except for the 9th grader. Then he yelled at the so-called 9th grader that he would "never make it at the next level." It was ugly to watch.

I hope somebody video taped this and will expose him... that is completely unacceptable. If true the parents who put their kids on his team are setting their kids up for verbal abuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He should be banned from coaching in the HoCo league. That is completely unacceptable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If true doesn't the league have some kind of responsibility to step in answering suspend him? Or the refs, they can boot a parent but what about a coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All this happened and no one stepped in? I'm calling BS.

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard