BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that many coaches who have kids on the teams that they coach are much harder on their kids then on others. They realize that the dad coach thing has stigma therefore they are quick to correct and more likely to pull their own kid, overcompensate so to speak. Not to mention that some dad coaches cannot turn it off. All the other kids go home while the son of the coach gets the coaching 24/7. I have seen coaches bench their own child for infractions off of the field like poor grades while they would never do that to other club teammates.
Don't get me wrong, I have seen a lot of favoritism as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are paying money to a club, you are being cheated if they give you a coach who has a kid on the team. No matter how well intentioned, no dad should be coaching his son except for maybe rec league lacrosse.

No legitimate club is employing dads to coach kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are paying money to a club, you are being cheated if they give you a coach who has a kid on the team. No matter how well intentioned, no dad should be coaching his son except for maybe rec league lacrosse.

Almost all clubs have Dads coaching in some capacity on some teams. Even HS and Colleges have some! Many of the better players come from former good lacrosse playing Dads.
Like someone said above. Every situation is different. There are some good experiences with Dad coaches and some bad ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says a clueless moron.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almost all clubs have Dads coaching in some capacity on some teams. Even HS and Colleges have some! Many of the better players come from former good lacrosse playing Dads.
Like someone said above. Every situation is different. There are some good experiences with Dad coaches and some bad ones.

Wrong. Most legitimate clubs do not do this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all clubs have some dad coaches. Do you want a dad who knows kids and lacrosse or a twenty year kid who just knows lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to re-define your definition of legitimate club, every top team has a dad who's played the game coaching. More committed and won't get bullied by parents trying to get their kids more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also think a club team can have a Dad coaching the team tell a certain grade level. I would say 6 grade maybe 7th at the latest. 8th is the new 10 LOL so this grade needs to be firing on all points and no politics can be around when the boys hit 8th grade in this new world we live in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA, CRABS, Looneys, 91, Hawks, Rough Riders, .... Which ones aren't legit? They all have dad coaches. Some more than others.

Bottom line is in perfect world all teams would have non-parent coaches that are dedicated, fair, know the game and how to teach it to kids and will do it for free or peanuts. But it's not a perfect world and not enough of the perfect non-parent coaches for every team. And there are parents coaches that know how to deal with their own kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep the list going Bandits, Warriors, Express, S2S all have Dad's coaching

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you are paying money to a club, you are being cheated if they give you a coach who has a kid on the team. No matter how well intentioned, no dad should be coaching his son except for maybe rec league lacrosse.

FCA, CRABS, Looneys, 91, Hawks, Rough Riders, .... Which ones aren't legit? They all have dad coaches. Some more than others.

You left off Madax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about Madlax...young coaches that don't understand kids. All about the money. 91 Maryland. Matt Million is the coach. Pretty good dad to have as a coach. Just say'in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about madlax. Young coaches that don't understand kids. All about the money there. Team 91 Maryland matt million is the coach pretty good Dad to have as a coach. just say'in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about madlax. Young coaches that don't understand kids. All about the money there. Team 91 Maryland matt million is the coach pretty good Dad to have as a coach. just say'in

Not Matt Millon. Mark Millon. Biggest jerk in youth lacrosse. Just say'in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's official. my 6th grader is officially burned out. Done with practices since August... my boy is checking out. Not fun anymore. Officially one of the best midfielders in the country at this age group is done. wth are we doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's official. my 6th grader is officially burned out. Done with practices since August... my boy is checking out. Not fun anymore. Officially one of the best midfielders in the country at this age group is done. wth are we doing?

That's on you, dad. The kid didn't burn himself out. And where are the national individual rankings for 11 and 12 year olds posted?? I want to see where my kid is listed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to a club that doesn't practice from August through the spring. That is ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought my son was the official best midfielder in country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not Matt Millon. Mark Millon. Biggest jerk in youth lacrosse. Just say'in.

Easy there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All middle school clubs have dad coaches.

The independent coaches don't start until high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax has become all about parents bragging rights when they're 9th grader gets a commitment to a d1 school, nobody to blame but ourselves..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coaching is the biggest priority for middle school players. Those that make blanket statements about coaches' familial status as a factor just don't know the game. There are good coaches; there are bad coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a goalie and made a good clear this weekend using the crease to get away from an attackman, his friend and former teammate. On his way back to the cage, he said something to the attackman. Last night I asked him about it. He chuckled and said he told him, "It's just like a game of tag, you go this way, I go that way" and patted him on the back. I'm glad the kids at least know how to keep the game fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to know how many parents here in MD are aware of the Warrior All-American Games?

This is a tryout to make a regional team that represents mid-Atlantic in the Warrior tournament in July in Massachusetts. $185 to tryout, another $695 if your kid makes plus travel/lodging. Basically an Under Armour games for middle school. Seems like another money grab so I've ignored all the emails. Plus kids are already playing too much. On the Long Island 2023 page they are going after each other because the team rosters were announced and accusations of politics etc. You'd think it's the Olympic team.

I haven't heard a single person talk about this. Are any of your boys trying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read through a bunch, it sounds like the point is, when you pay 185 dollars, You want to the tryout to be fair. Sounds like kids are in the roster that were not at tryouts. But who knows. Relative to Brine, This seems very pricy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not gonna do it. Too much lacrosse. After summer tourneys are over, gonna hit a wrestling camp and then relax until football starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No impressed at all at the players in the circle; faceoff is definitely their weakest position. Attack bc of #24 is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No impressed at all at the players in the circle; faceoff is definitely their weakest position. Attack bc of #24 is very good.

Are you high? wth are you talking about? Learn how to use this site before you post.....dummy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you high? wth are you talking about? Learn how to use this site before you post.....dummy

Thanks #24.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so defensive? I gave my opinion. It amazes me that we are dealing with adults on this site who act just like this......true blue crab parent I guess. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My apologies ([lacrosse]) I was referring to the Crabs 2023 Team on an early post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 4 Standings
Crabs 4-0
Hawks 3-1
FCA 3-1
Next Level 3-1
Looney's 2-2
Club Blue 2-2
Bethesda 2-2
Madlax 1-3
Rough Riders 0-4
Team 91 0-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone trying out for this Warrior team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they're already playing too much imo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they're already playing too much imo

Agree total money grab. 6th graders getting burned out from too much lax has been hard to watch this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching and evaluating this team?
Find out before you make your 185$
Donation! Word to the wise from LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bet RM involved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bet RM involved

LI dad here. The way it worked on LI was like this. They asked coaches from 91, Igloo, Express and Outlaws to run the evaluations and coach the team. Having representation from the more successful outfits brought in more kids and made sure it wasn't just Bandits (though I think a lot of the Bandits made it). The taken at the tryout was impressive. Everyone there was a great lacrosse player. I'm sure you guys will be the same. It'll be good to see our teams meet in the final smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI dad here. The way it worked on LI was like this. They asked coaches from 91, Igloo, Express and Outlaws to run the evaluations and coach the team. Having representation from the more successful outfits brought in more kids and made sure it wasn't just Bandits (though I think a lot of the Bandits made it). The taken at the tryout was impressive. Everyone there was a great lacrosse player. I'm sure you guys will be the same. It'll be good to see our teams meet in the final smile
[/quote]

Let me go a little further. Yes there was a lot of talent at the tryout - and that's the point. The only kids chosen were from Bandits and Express (to be clear they have 3 or 4 stars on each team that should make the team. All of the rest of the kids are no better than kids on other teams). But, in the huddle after the tryout the coach told the parents that they had been looking at film of players who weren't at the tryout. Are you kidding me? Who has a ton of film of their 6th grader? (Would had to have been taped in 5th grade). STOP! The tryout was the day before Easter which on LI is vacation week so certain kids were on vacation and missed the tryout. But they made the team anyway w/o trying out. Also, who knew you could just send in tape of your son and not go to the tryout? It doesn't say that anywhere on the website. I think for $185 the tryout should be fair.

Buyer beware - the LI tryout was total BS. A complete money grab. This event is run by 90+1 - a sc5mb8g organization on LI. Please be careful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Crabs
2 FCA
3 Next Level
4 Hawks
5 Club Blue

I'm assuming club blue gets in playoffs of a 10 team league, but it may be just top 4.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard