BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Re: Boys 2022- PA and surrounding
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they went 1-1-1 but don't know who they played.

Was hoping to get a breakdown of all the teams from anyone that was there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Hawks went 3-0, beating Freedom, Young Guns and Sweetlax Upstate. Sweetlax tweeted that they won their first two games against Rock and Koopers. Don't know about the other four games (Young Guns/Koopers, Freedom/Rock, Young Guns/Rock and Freedom/Koopers). Freedom did tweet that their 2021s went 3-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax got crushed by Hawks 14-0..

Hawks went 3-0, beating Freedom, Young Guns and Sweetlax Upstate. Sweetlax tweeted that they won their first two games against Rock and Koopers. Don't know about the other four games (Young Guns/Koopers, Freedom/Rock, Young Guns/Rock and Freedom/Koopers). Freedom did tweet that their 2021s went 3-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any other scores?

Sweetlax got crushed by Hawks 14-0..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 daddy here, I don't have a dog in this fight so just calm down
Gotta say that Sons looked pretty OK today
2-0 vs Laxachusetts
Held their own against Crabs and they didn't have their FOGO but lost 7-2
Is there anything more obnoxious than those 14 and 15 year old Crabs kids. They're highly skilled and well coached but I think some of the parents have to be slightly embarrassed about the obvious age difference

Hey sour grapes Dad.... ZERO 14 or 15 year olds on Crabs. Sorry, as many 12 year olds as 13 year olds. Crabs looked good today

Crabs did and will always look great. Their kids are literally 1-2 years older than most kids they play against. This is not conjecture, but fact. If you have eyes you can clearly see the difference in size. Not height, size.
Those "kids" are men. There are 3-4 men on that team. All of them great and would likely be great at the 21 level. It's grade based stuff, however, so that's what we sign up for. I feel bad for their kids at this point. They're great players but nobody respects them or this organization as anything but a reclass factory. How the parents cheer their little "boys" is hilarious. The parents do a great job of ignoring the competitive parents who are talking all sorts of trash on them.
Good luck out there. When our boys hit puberty things may change a little. Prob be another couple years though. By then, maybe some of these crabs players will be voting in the mid-term elections but some will def be driving.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 daddy here, I don't have a dog in this fight so just calm down
Gotta say that Sons looked pretty OK today
2-0 vs Laxachusetts
Held their own against Crabs and they didn't have their FOGO but lost 7-2
Is there anything more obnoxious than those 14 and 15 year old Crabs kids. They're highly skilled and well coached but I think some of the parents have to be slightly embarrassed about the obvious age difference

Hey sour grapes Dad.... ZERO 14 or 15 year olds on Crabs. Sorry, as many 12 year olds as 13 year olds. Crabs looked good today

Crabs did and will always look great. Their kids are literally 1-2 years older than most kids they play against. This is not conjecture, but fact. If you have eyes you can clearly see the difference in size. Not height, size.
Those "kids" are men. There are 3-4 men on that team. All of them great and would likely be great at the 21 level. It's grade based stuff, however, so that's what we sign up for. I feel bad for their kids at this point. They're great players but nobody respects them or this organization as anything but a reclass factory. How the parents cheer their little "boys" is hilarious. The parents do a great job of ignoring the competitive parents who are talking all sorts of trash on them.
Good luck out there. When our boys hit puberty things may change a little. Prob be another couple years though. By then, maybe some of these crabs players will be voting in the mid-term elections but some will def be driving.

That may be true for most Crabs teams but the 2022 Crabs are middle of the pack at best. They just retooled their entire lineup after abusive coach chased most of the team away last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In general starting to see all of the top teams starting to level off and games getting more competitive. That happens when kids mature and start to catch up with other kids.

Think I saw Freedom lost to SJ Blackstorm today in NXT league. That wouldn't have happened 2 years ago (and it might have been the Freedom White team today) but the point is that there used to be ~ 6 to 10 dominant 2022 teams but some are breaking up and others are catching up. It happens in every sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the red team...the gap is definitely closing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the red team...the gap is definitely closing

Are the nxt league scores and schedule posted somewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TOurney Machine

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In general starting to see all of the top teams starting to level off and games getting more competitive. That happens when kids mature and start to catch up with other kids.

Think I saw Freedom lost to SJ Blackstorm today in NXT league. That wouldn't have happened 2 years ago (and it might have been the Freedom White team today) but the point is that there used to be ~ 6 to 10 dominant 2022 teams but some are breaking up and others are catching up. It happens in every sport.

Can't believe some Freedom dad isn't on here making excuses. That's refreshing.
That was their Red team for sure and don't let them say otherwise.
That Black Storm team is solid.
Beat Sons the week before, Rough Riders as well.
Nice work Jersey Johnnies. Now go get your shine box and show up at a real tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice work Jersey Johnnies. Now go get your shine box and show up at a real tourney.

Seriously, How are SJ Black Storm that good? I've never seen them at a tournament. Are they a team made up of kids from other clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are a spring club team similar to Uprising concept. They are competing for the WSYL this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are a spring club team similar to Uprising concept. They are competing for the WSYL this weekend.

What summer teams do they pull from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, How are SJ Black Storm that good? I've never seen them at a tournament. Are they a team made up of kids from other clubs?

Actually, never heard of them before but they look pretty good in the east WSYL qualifier. General observation is that they are quick, play an organized defense, and have several scorers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, never heard of them before but they look pretty good in the east WSYL qualifier. General observation is that they are quick, play an organized defense, and have several scorers.

It's surprising how none of the great Philly team's are skipping wsyl: freedom, sons, Mesa,Dukes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Key players are all too old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They pull from TriState, BlueStar, some philly clubs, etc. Good program and play a TON of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am from Philly and I wouldn't call any of them great. I think they can't compete Nationally. As well as key players being too old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Standings:
SJ Black Storm 2022 4-0
Freedom Red 2022 5-1
PA Roughriders 2022 4-2
Uprising 2022 2-1
Rising Sons 2022 3-2
Chiefs Lacrosse 2022 2-2
NXT 2022 2-4
Team 11 2022 1-3
Bucks Select Black 2022 0-3
Fusion 2022 0-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Brotherly Love and Blackstorm are going to Denver For World Series saw they
Both qualified

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Brotherly Love and Blackstorm are going to Denver For World Series saw they
Both qualified

It's a big check to write for a mediocre tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both qualified

It's a big check to write for a mediocre tournament.

But, I will tell you it is worth it. What a great experience! You can turn it into a family vacation too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both qualified

Yes they are both going and I think they can compete with the LI Teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both qualified

Yes they are both going and I think they can compete with the LI Teams.

If they come within10 goals of Express, 9-1, or Igloo I will be very surprised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prepare to be surprised. As far as. Brotherly Love goes keep in mind they just assembled a team so they have some Triple H kids and their best pole is from Freedom 2022. Their defense is their strength however they sent out email they hired an offensive coordinator joust for Denver. They have plenty of offensive talent they just haven't played together or practiced as much as those teams ....that can be fixed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is the extent they have to go to win a youth lacrosse tournament then I suggest that they all get their heads examined!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First they didn't hire him just for Denver he has worked with the kids for over a year mostly focused on box. He is going to work with all the teams BL on the outdoor game going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always the negative. Just can't bring yourself to do it can you? Like the one guy posted. This is a Philly board, I am from Philly, and if they are the team representing Philly then I support them. And don't tell me you aren' from Philly bunch of Rubbish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's almost summer lax season.
Any surprises on the horizon?
Freedom still reigns supreme in this class. Who's second? Third?
Is there a tourney where all the good Philly teams will be competing?
Going in to the summer, I'd say this is the ranking of the local teams:
1) Freedom
2) HHH
3) Sons
4) Rough Riders
5) Mesa
6) ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's the man playing for Freedom '22s?
My god.
Has to be a reclass. Betting he's 14 already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What position

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's almost summer lax season.
Any surprises on the horizon?
Freedom still reigns supreme in this class. Who's second? Third?
Is there a tourney where all the good Philly teams will be competing?
Going in to the summer, I'd say this is the ranking of the local teams:
1) Freedom
2) HHH
3) Sons
4) Rough Riders
5) Mesa
6) ...

What about Black Storm? Aren't they at the top now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He isn't a reclass he is a 7th grader at Kennet. Plays U13 and is a beast. If there is a better pole at 22 I would be surprised

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would have to agree their record at NXT speaks for itself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He isn't a reclass he is a 7th grader at Kennet. Plays U13 and is a beast. If there is a better pole at 22 I would be surprised

Look out for Kennett. From 7th-4th grade their talent pool is second to none in Philly. Just like Avon Grove, its neighbor, has become the cream of the public school crop they will as well in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this include all the Unionville and Delaware kids that crossed the lines to play in CCLA events or just the kids that actually go to Kennett Schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest Kennett has the best 6th grade player as well their pole at 2023 that plays LSM is almost as good as the 2022 Kennett pole

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they have 2 kids one at 23 and one at 22 after that it is a huge drop off..not sure who this best player in 6th grade is if it is not the LSM. Watching Kennett lose CCLA games with these kids makes you wonder if you are eating the special Kennett mushrooms...

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard