BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
Re: Girls 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the "Lacrosse Recruiting Blitz" at Carsins Run in June worthwhile? Anyone have any experience/knowledge of it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I've heard of several lax parents that have been committed.

Mic Drop !

Beat me to it!

I've heard of several lax parents that have been committed.

Mic Drop !
[/quote]

Beat me to it![/quote]

Awesome! Probably led by the crazy dad at API. [/quote]

Yeah. He played at Navy, so he knows everything about girls lacrosse...NOT![/quote]

Joe? You gonna let 'em talk about you like that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse Recruiting Blitz: Took my daughter to it last year. Very heavily attended by coaches and Yellowjackets. Was it worth it, yes if you have the time and money. Good for you to benchmark your daughter against very good players. If the new rule gets approved 4/1 I would be all over it if my daughter was a 2021. If you are short on time commitments or money is tight, you can pick certain college prospect days that you want your daughter to see and be seen. I think that is better money spent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was some really bad lacrosse being played this weekend. Hope it was just early season struggles or there are going to be a lot of ugly scores this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was some really bad lacrosse being played this weekend. Hope it was just early season struggles or there are going to be a lot of ugly scores this season.

ILD, no team can live up to the lofty standards your daughter and her teammates have established. Our girls are doomed to careers off the field and will be forced to buy expensive tickets to watch your daughter and her friends play in stadiums full of crossed women's lacrosse fans.

Woe is us. And we apologize to you, your daughter, and her teammates for not putting on a better show. Slay us.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD, no team can live up to the lofty standards your daughter and her teammates have established. Our girls are doomed to careers off the field and will be forced to buy expensive tickets to watch your daughter and her friends play in stadiums full of crossed women's lacrosse fans.

Woe is us. And we apologize to you, your daughter, and her teammates for not putting on a better show. Slay us.

Why pay thousands and thousands of dollars for your daughter to play club lacrosse so that you can say she does? Get on the wall or save your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why pay thousands and thousands of dollars for your daughter to play club lacrosse so that you can say she does? Get on the wall or save your money.

Why pay thousands and thousands of dollars? For the big money contracts, that's why. ILD, you do not disappoint!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are one of those parents that are not going to understand until it's too late, if you ever understand at all. Dolt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are one of those parents that are not going to understand until it's too late, if you ever understand at all. Dolt.

Please enlighten me on the benefits of shelling out $2k per year for your daughter to play lacrosse when she can't catch and throw in 8th grade. When club lacrosse started it was not meant to be all-inclusive. But that is the society we live in today. Has to be a place for everyone and the one's that benefit are the club owners. If they can convince 25 parents that paying $2k per year to play on a "B" level club team is good for their family, then who is the dolt? Rec/Town lacrosse costs $125-200 per year. The pressure is on the parents to say little Susie plays club. The girls are in 8th grade. Parents need to be realistic about their children's abilities. If it's no big deal to throw away $2k per year, then good for you. But I know many families that don't necessarily have that sitting around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please enlighten me on the benefits of shelling out $2k per year for your daughter to play lacrosse when she can't catch and throw in 8th grade. When club lacrosse started it was not meant to be all-inclusive. But that is the society we live in today. Has to be a place for everyone and the one's that benefit are the club owners. If they can convince 25 parents that paying $2k per year to play on a "B" level club team is good for their family, then who is the dolt? Rec/Town lacrosse costs $125-200 per year. The pressure is on the parents to say little Susie plays club. The girls are in 8th grade. Parents need to be realistic about their children's abilities. If it's no big deal to throw away $2k per year, then good for you. But I know many families that don't necessarily have that sitting around.

First timer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hundreds of college lacrosse programs and your daughter and her friends are taking all the spots. Sucks for the rest of us.

Dolt, indeed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hundreds of college lacrosse programs and your daughter and her friends are taking all the spots. Sucks for the rest of us.

Dolt, indeed.

And you're a dolt if you think that there are so many spots available. Many of the schools aren't fully funded for girls lacrosse. And even if they are, many of the lesser schools only sign 4 or 5 girls every year. There are around 500 girls offered any sort of scholarship money every year for lacrosse. There are 100 girls playing for YJ 2020 alone. There are over 80,000 girls playing high school lacrosse now. If you think there is a spot for everyone, do the math. My point is that families are spending tens of thousands of dollars for their daughters to play club lacrosse. Money that could be saved to pay for college. The one's getting rich and laughing all the way to the bank are the club owners. By 8th grade if you are on a team that is losing 12-0 or 14-1 isn't it time to have a serious discussion about what are you trying to get from the 10-20K you are going to spend for her to play club for the next 5 years? Depending on the school you are talking about almost a full year of college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your thinking is flawed in so many fundamental ways. I cannot believe I even responded on a little girls lacrosse forum so I apologize for that. If I go any further on the realities of lacrosse, and education, and parenting I am going to end up sounding as smug as you are. Instead, I will take the high road and wish you and your daughter good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ummm there are not 100 2020 YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry 96 2020 girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ummm there are not 100 2020 YJ.

There are 4 teams of around 25 girls. Sorry. I rounded up a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry 96 2020 girls!

M&D Dad, keeping scores, tracking rosters, passing judgment, and giving advice.

Mega Dork.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry then, we just always see the yj blue and gold teams. didnt know there were 2 OTHER teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry then, we just always see the yj blue and gold teams. didnt know there were 2 OTHER teams.

Feeds my point. There are as many teams as there are families willing to pay CR $2500

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, M&D Dad knows their names. Every one of them. This is what he does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another weekend of nail biters. Why some of these teams think it benefits their girls to play in the A division is beyond me. MC Elite, Diamonds, CheckHers, Rebels, Renegades.....Wouldn't the girls be learning more and having more fun in the B division?

The Boys HOCO league makes much more sense. They have a few different divisions for each grade and the top division only has 8 or 9 teams in it. Every game is competitive for the most part. College coaches aren't watching these games. So what is the point in putting your team in a division where you are losing by 10-15 goals every week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome back M&D dad!!! Keep breaking it down for us. We all continue to learn a ton from you and your extensive experience!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome back M&D dad!!! Keep breaking it down for us. We all continue to learn a ton from you and your extensive experience!!!

My daughter doesn't play for M&D. Apparently maybe yours did at some point and you have a hair up your [lacrosse] about it.

So do you think it is beneficial to anyone involved for these clubs to get destroyed week in and week out? Since you seem to have so much more knowledge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another weekend of nail biters. Why some of these teams think it benefits their girls to play in the A division is beyond me. MC Elite, Diamonds, CheckHers, Rebels, Renegades.....Wouldn't the girls be learning more and having more fun in the B division?

The Boys HOCO league makes much more sense. They have a few different divisions for each grade and the top division only has 8 or 9 teams in it. Every game is competitive for the most part. College coaches aren't watching these games. So what is the point in putting your team in a division where you are losing by 10-15 goals every week?

Maybe, just maybe, the coach thinks you have to play better teams to get better. Now quit being an as*hole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter doesn't play for M&D. Apparently maybe yours did at some point and you have a hair up your [lacrosse] about it.

So do you think it is beneficial to anyone involved for these clubs to get destroyed week in and week out? Since you seem to have so much more knowledge

Thanks for your feedback M&D Dad. We can agree on one thing-all of us are very proud of your daughter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter doesn't play for M&D.

Yes she does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, just maybe, the coach thinks you have to play better teams to get better. Now quit being an as*hole.

If you think either team involved in these blowouts benefit, I don't know what to tell you. The girls that win by 15 don't enjoy the game any more than the girls that lose by 15. And neither team gets better playing in a game like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter doesn't play for M&D.

Yes she does.

No, she doesn't. M&D isn't the only team that gets tired of these games. Check out the scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't need to check out the scores. You give us all updates every week. It's tough to be on top. You face some unique challenges. But we are hear to walk you through it M&D Dad. It's the least we can do in exchange for all of the valuable advice you provide to us. We'll make it through this together, one way or another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think either team involved in these blowouts benefit, I don't know what to tell you.

If you don't know what to tell us maybe just try not telling us anything. Drop the public service announcements and worry about your own kid?

But no, that won't work. How does daddy get his ego stroked if he doesn't post his "thoughts?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all are funny. It's a public message board. There's no reason to get all bent out of shape. I guess people should only post innocuous, general comments about the latest upcoming lacrosse clinic. No one is looking for their "ego stroked". Go ahead and keep sending thousands of dollars to club owners that don't give you anything back in return.

If you have some rebuttal other than worry about your own kid, I'm happy to hear it. If I'm out of line for questioning the structure of youth lacrosse I apologize.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go ahead and keep sending thousands of dollars to club owners that don't give you anything back in return.

If you have some rebuttal other than worry about your own kid, I'm happy to hear it. If I'm out of line for questioning the structure of youth lacrosse I apologize.

Thank you for your ongoing advice and please know that your apology is accepted. Now, go worry about your own kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor M&D Dad. Nobody wants to play! No competition on or off the field. Double bummer!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an innocent bystander, can someone explain the hostility towards M&D 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about hostility on all fronts! It would be nice if people could give positive feedback on teams...not just negative negative negative. Most of these girls know each other even though they are on different teams. Some are even friends and enjoy playing against each other. Young women in sports should lift each other up regardless of team....that's my two cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. Right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about hostility on all fronts! It would be nice if people could give positive feedback on teams...not just negative negative negative. Most of these girls know each other even though they are on different teams. Some are even friends and enjoy playing against each other. Young women in sports should lift each other up regardless of team....that's my two cents.

Lift each other up? No way! It's way more fun to talk about how much your team won by, what a waste of time it is to play another team, and tell parents that are not on your team that they are wasting their time and money! Gosh, if you had your way, this guy would not be allowed to have any fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lift each other up? No way! It's way more fun to talk about how much your team won by, what a waste of time it is to play another team, and tell parents that are not on your team that they are wasting their time and money! Gosh, if you had your way, this guy would not be allowed to have any fun!

No one has been on here posting about how great their daughter's team is and how much they win by. The questions were around how did the structure of youth lacrosse move to everyone paying thousands of dollars to play club lacrosse. For the most part, the girls enjoy playing against each other. But the games that end up out of hand are not fun for either side. So again, the question is why do certain clubs feel the need to play in the A division when they are setting their girls up for failure?

No one is criticizing the girls on any of these teams. They all play hard and compete. My issues are with the club directors, not the kids or the families. The culture of the sport has placed pressure on these kids and families to play club lacrosse which is unfortunate. The club directors sell a bill of goods that is not based in reality. There are so many club teams now that it's out of hand. Many clubs having 2 or 3 teams per age. How did this happen? Hopefully if the rules change in 2 weeks it will take the power away from the club directors and things can go back to being somewhat normal. The pressure on the girls that see their classmates committing to college in 8th grade is unnecessary and unhealthy for their development.

Go ahead and tell me to worry about my own kid. I am worrying about her. That's the whole point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here he goes again. Let's restate it. Worry about ONLY your kid. We do not want or need your patronizing "advice."

Dry up.

Blow away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. I guess you've never played M&D actually and heroes to an extent. There is a smugness on the sidelines. And look out if they don't beat your "B Level" team by 20 goals. Those girls are in trouble. I'm surprised psyc's are not passing their cards around at those games. That's going to be great money for them later if M&D dad's girl does not get into a top 10 school. Actually - they can probably even run a family discount deal.

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard