BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 43 of 220 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I like the clever SS hidden in lacroSSe and claSSic. Also the lacrosse by 3, as a jersey reference and I'm not talking snooky. Is there a CRooked CRap tournament on the horizon?

Top gun website but it always comes back to CR. pretty sad. Maybe if TG starts winning some tournaments they won't have to keep bringing up YJ and they will have something else to talk about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the clever SS hidden in lacroSSe and claSSic. Also the lacrosse by 3, as a jersey reference and I'm not talking snooky. Is there a CRooked CRap tournament on the horizon?

Top gun website but it always comes back to CR. pretty sad. Maybe if TG starts winning some tournaments they won't have to keep bringing up YJ and they will have something else to talk about.

You are 100% correct and it is sad, but get it right, it is sad that the tournament discussion had nothing to do with YJ or CR until someone from that club came on and started in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can the real Slim Shady please stand up

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Let's get back on topic which is the Top Guns program and through their relationship with Coach Smith, Lacrosse-By-3 and their Long Island Lacrosse Classic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that this LI tourney is going to be one of the ones TG's goes to instead of going to Syracuse; I hope that is the case!

It's a pretty good bet since this tourney is a Shannon Smith event that YJ won't be sending any teams.

Cut off your nose to spite your face.
Unfortunately this is likely true that YJ teams won't be attending this tournament due to the CR SS circumstances. It is a shame to watch so many players miss out on a great opportunity like this because of the queens' discontent. One thing should be apparent, SS is charging hard and is heavily involved in the landscape of women's lacrosse locally and nationally. So you can stick your heads in the sand as CR will decide for you to do, all others who attend really won't miss you. But on the flip side, I don't see SS entering any teams in YJ sponsored events, at least not officially through the club. You would think that with all the money to be made at these tournaments, these two directors would put their differences aside in the name of cash.

Seriously ,TG has avoided CR tournament for years and you never came on hear with the "miss out on a great opportunity" nonsense. YJ usually does another tournament on those dates and it is for a much better cause.

Too many kids on each team, coaches making as many teams per age as possible, having a tournament that barely any teams will attend for a money grab,etc. Good luck but they will not show up plus where will they play the games on those tiny ,crummy 7 on 7 fields.

You're right, the facilities at Hofstra can't begin to compare with the lax spectacular that goes on at Mitchell Field - all those 25 minute games with YJ club being 30% of the teams there and playing each other or town teams half the time. Poor SS how can she compete with that - LOL!

Keep laughing but the but the point of the post was that CR holds an equally terrible tournament that out of state teams rarely go to and now SS has taken another page out of that play book and holds her own terrible tournament.Too funny that you try to denigrate the facilities at Mitchell field by talking about the format of the tournament , too stupid to realize one has nothing to do with the other.I agree I rarely like the format of any showcase tournament especially at the younger ages but the fact remains Hofstras facilities to hold a high caliber tournament are hideous.

You my friend will be eating those words and won't have the decency to come on here and admit you were wrong. The number and quality of college coaches will be high and the out of state presence tremendous. BTW...it's about time someone has the ability to make this happen! Way to go Shannon!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhhh OK....good one. You told them. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhhh OK....good one. You told them. Lol

As the kids say. True that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the big deal new coach, new name, new ideas. Abby Morgan use to run camps ,clinics and Tournaments under the name Increase Lacrosse. Shannon Smith and her Assistants will now be doing the same with Lacrosse by 3 and trying to expand it. Supply a good product people will use it no matter where they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that this LI tourney is going to be one of the ones TG's goes to instead of going to Syracuse; I hope that is the case!

It's a pretty good bet since this tourney is a Shannon Smith event that YJ won't be sending any teams.

Unfortunately this is likely true that YJ teams won't be attending this tournament due to the CR SS circumstances. It is a shame to watch so many players miss out on a great opportunity like this because of the queens' discontent. One thing should be apparent, SS is charging hard and is heavily involved in the landscape of women's lacrosse locally and nationally. So you can stick your heads in the sand as CR will decide for you to do, all others who attend really won't miss you. But on the flip side, I don't see SS entering any teams in YJ sponsored events, at least not officially through the club. You would think that with all the money to be made at these tournaments, these two directors would put their differences aside in the name of cash.

Seriously ,TG has avoided CR tournament for years and you never came on hear with the "miss out on a great opportunity" nonsense. YJ usually does another tournament on those dates and it is for a much better cause.

Too many kids on each team, coaches making as many teams per age as possible, having a tournament that barely any teams will attend for a money grab,etc. Good luck but they will not show up plus where will they play the games on those tiny ,crummy 7 on 7 fields.

You're right, the facilities at Hofstra can't begin to compare with the lax spectacular that goes on at Mitchell Field - all those 25 minute games with YJ club being 30% of the teams there and playing each other or town teams half the time. Poor SS how can she compete with that - LOL!

Keep laughing but the but the point of the post was that CR holds an equally terrible tournament that out of state teams rarely go to and now SS has taken another page out of that play book and holds her own terrible tournament.Too funny that you try to denigrate the facilities at Mitchell field by talking about the format of the tournament , too stupid to realize one has nothing to do with the other.I agree I rarely like the format of any showcase tournament especially at the younger ages but the fact remains Hofstras facilities to hold a high caliber tournament are hideous.

At least you see and admit that the Mitchell tournament is terrible, we all see and know that. As far as your speculation that this LI Classic will be terrible too, you may be right but that remains to be seen. I wouldn't bet against Shannon putting something together that finally make a LI tournament worthwhile. Look at what she has accomplished in three short years, most of it while a student away at school. She has big plans and follows through with big actions, which is great for LI girls lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct and it is sad, but get it right, it is sad that the tournament discussion had nothing to do with YJ or CR until someone from that club came on and started in.

Actually it was a TG club member that brought CR into the argument ,you are so blinded by your YJ hatred that you can't see straight. While I applaud cages power of positive thought in the end many coaches with more and longer term connections with college programs and other youth travel clubs have tried it before on both the boys and girls side.Some have been more successful ,while others not so much.I have yet to see any of them get the top teams from Maryland or NJ come and with the obvious fact that YJ will not show the tournament will already be watered down.Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the fall tourneys were terrible hope she can do better than that. What big LI club do you think will really attend the classic? Speculation NONE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Big plans and follows thru with big actions" , how dramatic .What exactly has she accomplished in the past 3 years in terms of TG's except make a boatload of money.You guys are so funny with our teams are just as good as YJ ,M&D,Steps,etc. top teams, win an actual competitive tournament. All I hear is we beat this team and that team beat that other team and they played a close game against this team nonsense. Stop with the chest pounding about your club until you win a few top tournaments, it's actually pretty pathetic that that you do not have even 1 team that has managed to win a competitive tournament.She was(is) perhaps the best player ever from long island but has done little as a coach or club owner, unless make a lot of money counts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A new LI tournament of any kind can't possibly be as bad as the Syracuse tournament!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it was a TG club member that brought CR into the argument ,you are so blinded by your YJ hatred that you can't see straight. While I applaud cages power of positive thought in the end many coaches with more and longer term connections with college programs and other youth travel clubs have tried it before on both the boys and girls side.Some have been more successful ,while others not so much.I have yet to see any of them get the top teams from Maryland or NJ come and with the obvious fact that YJ will not show the tournament will already be watered down.Good Luck.

You have a reading comprehension problem. Discussion had nothing to do with YJ until these two posts-
#21019-It's a pretty good bet since this tourney is a Shannon Smith event that YJ won't be sending any teams.
#21023- That tournament will be a joke, teams from off long island will not come and YJ will send zero teams, hopefully she gets liberty 91 Suffolk allstars etc.
Doesn't sound like a TG parent bring YJ into discussion, its a YJ parent that can't stay away from the TG thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Big plans and follows thru with big actions" , how dramatic .What exactly has she accomplished in the past 3 years in terms of TG's except make a boatload of money.You guys are so funny with our teams are just as good as YJ ,M&D,Steps,etc. top teams, win an actual competitive tournament. All I hear is we beat this team and that team beat that other team and they played a close game against this team nonsense. Stop with the chest pounding about your club until you win a few top tournaments, it's actually pretty pathetic that that you do not have even 1 team that has managed to win a competitive tournament.She was(is) perhaps the best player ever from long island but has done little as a coach or club owner, unless make a lot of money counts.

Aahhhh Shut up and go kick your dog. Youth lax dude...let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a reading comprehension problem. Discussion had nothing to do with YJ until these two posts-
#21019-It's a pretty good bet since this tourney is a Shannon Smith event that YJ won't be sending any teams.
#21023- That tournament will be a joke, teams from off long island will not come and YJ will send zero teams, hopefully she gets liberty 91 Suffolk allstars etc.
Doesn't sound like a TG parent bring YJ into discussion, its a YJ parent that can't stay away from the TG thread.

Anonymous means ... You never know who is stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, but the finger is usually pointed in one direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi,
we are new to the top guns family (team 2018) and have a ? regarding the tournaments (not too early to do some long term planning).
From what I see/remember, TG's does the National Draw and the All Star Express so adding in the Hofstra tourney instead of Syracuse makes 3 tourneys that I am aware of.
What are the other two tourneys that TG's does?
thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi,
we are new to the top guns family (team 2018) and have a ? regarding the tournaments (not too early to do some long term planning).
From what I see/remember, TG's does the National Draw and the All Star Express so adding in the Hofstra tourney instead of Syracuse makes 3 tourneys that I am aware of.
What are the other two tourneys that TG's does?
thanks
First tourney last year was the All American Showcase in Downingtown, Pa. and The Club National Championships in Bethesda, Md was the second to last tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club National Draw, MD ..can't remember the other

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to TG - can someone provide information on winter league?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I think every team does their own thing so best to ask your coach or BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TBD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you need to be one of the chosen few who some suck-up parent thinks is good enough to play with his daughter or you are out.The other thing you can do is suck up as much as possible to the suck up parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything YJ does is for a "better cause" that's what they're all about, putting others first, helping those who can't help themselves, they are the champions of the down trodden, it's all about the greater good - bravo YJ!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything YJ does is for a "better cause" that's what they're all about, putting others first, helping those who can't help themselves, they are the champions of the down trodden, it's all about the greater good - bravo YJ!

Hahaha, now that's funny!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I WAS AT THE STICK CHICK TOURNAMENT THIS LAST WEEKEND AND SAW A TEAM THAT I BELIEVE WAS A TG TEAM 2019/2020. IT WAS AT LEAST COACHED BY TG PARENTS/COACHES. TEAM WAS OUTSTANDING. GIRLS WELL SKILLED AND LAX SMART. COACHES WERE OUT-OF-CONTROL. THEY ALMOST CAME TO BLOWS ON THEIR OWN SIDELINE. DROPPING F-BOMBS IN FRONT OF 10 AND 11 YEAR OLD GIRLS. THREATENING TO BEAT OR HOW DID ONE COACH PUT IT "SMASH" THE OTHER COACHES FACE. THESE COACHES WERE ON THE SAME TEAM!!!! I HAD TO EXPLAIN TO MY DAUGHTER THAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT ACT LIKE THAT. ESPECIALLY ADULTS. ESPECIALLY ADULTS AROUND CHILDREN, LET ALONE COACHING YOUNG LADIES. I KNOW TG IS A TOP FLIGHT ORGANIZATION. I HATE TO COME ON AND BRING UP BAD BEHAVIOR, BUT MY HOPE IS THAT MAYBE TG CAN POLICE THIS BEHAVIOR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you need to be one of the chosen few who some suck-up parent thinks is good enough to play with his daughter or you are out.The other thing you can do is suck up as much as possible to the suck up parent

PLEASE GO BACK TO THE YJ THREAD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is someone who is not from club and has no idea, just trying to start trouble. TG's will set up winter entry for every team to play in indoor leagues. Any and all will be invited to play, but this is above and beyond the summer travel fees. It is optional and some will opt out which is also no big deal as many people are busy with other commitments. The only parent involvement is sometimes they will help rotate the sub lines in and out. Some teams have been contacted by TG asking for intrest to play, others are still in the works. Sit tight as you will be contacted about it soon, and you can always pick up the phone and call TG's. You will get better answers talking to BS than from an anynonmous parent on the message board with serious issues blabbing about suck up parents etc...... some people are so pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I WAS AT THE STICK CHICK TOURNAMENT THIS LAST WEEKEND AND SAW A TEAM THAT I BELIEVE WAS A TG TEAM 2019/2020. IT WAS AT LEAST COACHED BY TG PARENTS/COACHES. TEAM WAS OUTSTANDING. GIRLS WELL SKILLED AND LAX SMART. COACHES WERE OUT-OF-CONTROL. THEY ALMOST CAME TO BLOWS ON THEIR OWN SIDELINE. DROPPING F-BOMBS IN FRONT OF 10 AND 11 YEAR OLD GIRLS. THREATENING TO BEAT OR HOW DID ONE COACH PUT IT "SMASH" THE OTHER COACHES FACE. THESE COACHES WERE ON THE SAME TEAM!!!! I HAD TO EXPLAIN TO MY DAUGHTER THAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT ACT LIKE THAT. ESPECIALLY ADULTS. ESPECIALLY ADULTS AROUND CHILDREN, LET ALONE COACHING YOUNG LADIES. I KNOW TG IS A TOP FLIGHT ORGANIZATION. I HATE TO COME ON AND BRING UP BAD BEHAVIOR, BUT MY HOPE IS THAT MAYBE TG CAN POLICE THIS BEHAVIOR.

I think that I saw a Unicorn at the same game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOOK IN THE MIRROR IT'S A TG ISSUE NOT YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2016's and older will play at the Coastal Facility in Hauppauge and 2017's and younger will play at Inline 1 in Mount Sinai... everyone will get an opportunity to join...usually about $100 for 8-10 games. the Inline games are 7 v 7 and the Coastal games are 12 v 12. e-mails for the older teams went out already as that season starts a little sooner (11/11/12). As was previously suggested Contact the Club if you have not heard anything, double check e-mail info..sometimes e-mails get caught up in your spam folder take a look there as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not believe the Unicorn thing because you did not use all capitals, lol. Seriously wonder if it was the same knucklehead who was over the top at lax for hope tournament, say what you want but that guy should not he around kids .I have seen my share of over the top coaches but he is the type coach who we will be seeing on the news for assaulting a ref or parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOOK IN THE MIRROR IT'S A TG ISSUE NOT YJ
That's how I know you're not a TG parent, because there is no issue and you're trying to create one - everyone gets the winter league email and then it's up to them if they would like to participate or not, crawl back under the rock from which you came!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not believe the Unicorn thing because you did not use all capitals, lol. Seriously wonder if it was the same knucklehead who was over the top at lax for hope tournament, say what you want but that guy should not he around kids .I have seen my share of over the top coaches but he is the type coach who we will be seeing on the news for assaulting a ref or parent.

Please there are YJ coaches and parents (which is what this person in question actually is) that my wife gets nervous being anywhere near, never mind my kids! Have you ever walked around a tournament and watched your coaches and parents in action, it's a train wreck that has reality TV written all over it. It's particularly special when the games are featuring girls 10-12 years old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no way you should allow your daughter to be coached by these type individuals .If you do what are you teaching your daughters? The only lesson you teach your daughters when you allow grown men who behave this way to continue to coach your daughter is that this type of behavior is acceptable and that you care more about winning than you do about keeping your daughter safe.If your daughter is left to believe that this is acceptable behavior who knows what she will think is acceptable from her future husband.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please there are YJ coaches and parents (which is what this person in question actually is) that my wife gets nervous being anywhere near, never mind my kids! Have you ever walked around a tournament and watched your coaches and parents in action, it's a train wreck that has reality TV written all over it. It's particularly special when the games are featuring girls 10-12 years old.

Wrong not a YJ coach a TG coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong not a YJ coach a TG coach

I think you misunderstood this person, they are saying it was a TG parent and not a topgun coach. Don't think they were saying it was a YJ coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe this coach/parent has acted this way at many events, and you are right, they should not be permitted to coach youth lacrosse, they are out of control and winning is everything to them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Bird through my window says No info on winter league sent to any teams yet as rosters not set..some holdouts?

Like Reply Quote
Page 43 of 220 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard