BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 75 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]Why is Duke tanking?

One answer could be recruiting overrated "me only" prima-donnas.

subtle way of saying LI head cases have poisoned the team culture. very nice

[/quote]

Do at least 30 seconds of a roster review, 3 LI girls on a team of 35. I think the opposite is true, not offering girls until after 9th grade year has many top LI girls already committed.

[/quote]

This is not the case, just last year they committed at least one 9th grader (CSH), I'm sure there were others. Appears they aren't attracting top talent, they only beat Elon by 1.[/quote]

You must be really stupid . Now you are blaming future players for current losses. Elon is better than you think .[/quote]
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Why is Duke tanking?

No I was 1st responding to quote about Duke not recruiting 9th graders. Then I was making a separate comment on last nights game. Thought it was simple enough to follow, clearly I should've been more specific so you could follow along.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The West can't play against the East. No threat West of Chacago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Why is Duke tanking?

Do at least 30 seconds of a roster review, 3 LI girls on a team of 35. I think the opposite is true, not offering girls until after 9th grade year has many top LI girls already committed.

This is not the case, just last year they committed at least one 9th grader (CSH), I'm sure there were others. Appears they aren't attracting top talent, they only beat Elon by 1.

[quote=Anonymous]Why is Duke tanking?

This is not the case, just last year they committed at least one 9th grader (CSH), I'm sure there were others. Appears they aren't attracting top talent, they only beat Elon by 1.

Summer after 9th and a sibling of current player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C U later

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not too many intriguing match ups today. Few ACC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monroe CC 36, North Country CC 0. What the F? What kind of coach would allow his team to score that many goals in a game against an obviously out-manned opponent? They had to know, going into the game, that they would win by a lot. But, then to allow this kind of thing to happen under his watch is a disgrace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 24-0 at halftime, and he allowed his team to score 12 more in the 2nd half. Horrible sportsmanship. This will come back to haunt them. Onondaga is their next opponent, who is also not known for their sportsmanship. Could be an interesting game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 24-0 at halftime, and he allowed his team to score 12 more in the 2nd half. Horrible sportsmanship. This will come back to haunt them. Onondaga is their next opponent, who is also not known for their sportsmanship. Could be an interesting game.

By the way...there's no shot clock in NJCAA games. No reason to force a shot or beat the clock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the way...there's no shot clock in NJCAA games. No reason to force a shot or beat the clock.

36-0 is ridiculous. That coach just put a HUGE target on his teams back. Onondaga, Anne Arundel and Howard are their next three opponents, all on the road. Anne Arundel and Howard are back-to-back days. These are the four best teams in the NJCAA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

36-0 is ridiculous. That coach just put a HUGE target on his teams back. Onondaga, Anne Arundel and Howard are their next three opponents, all on the road. Anne Arundel and Howard are back-to-back days. These are the four best teams in the NJCAA.

I just watched a little of the stream of the game and there was no slow-down on MCC's part. I fast-forwarded to the 2nd half and the score was 28-0. MCC drove hard to the goal and fired a shot, like they were trailing 0-28. NCCC only had 2 shots, which tells me that MCC was also playing some pressure defense, and that their poor sportsmanship wasn't just confined to the offensive end.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just watched a little of the stream of the game and there was no slow-down on MCC's part. I fast-forwarded to the 2nd half and the score was 28-0. MCC drove hard to the goal and fired a shot, like they were trailing 0-28. NCCC only had 2 shots, which tells me that MCC was also playing some pressure defense, and that their poor sportsmanship wasn't just confined to the offensive end.

Wow, that's pretty poor. I can only hope karma comes around and MCC gets their well-deserved comeuppance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, that's pretty poor. I can only hope karma comes around and MCC gets their well-deserved comeuppance.

I do too. The fans are still loudly cheering even when those late goals were scored, as if it was a tight game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy that these games even get watched except parents. I hope that it's parents or players posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy that these games even get watched except parents. I hope that it's parents or players posting.

They do get watched. Sometimes, depending on the weather, they have good crowds. More than some lower NCAA games. I've been to D1 NCAA games and there'd only be like 50 people there. The top 4 NJCAA teams (Anne Arundel, Howard, Monroe and Onondaga) regularly schedule NCAA D2 and D3 and NAIA teams for scrimmages to prepare for the season and generally do VERY well. Every year, quite a few girls on these top 4 teams move on to all divisions of NCAA and NAIA, if they want to. So, yes...people do come out to watch. Granted, it's mostly parents, but how is that any different than any other women's lacrosse game (except for the Maryland's, UNC's, etc)? And, why do you hope it's a player or parent posting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do get watched. Sometimes, depending on the weather, they have good crowds. More than some lower NCAA games. I've been to D1 NCAA games and there'd only be like 50 people there. The top 4 NJCAA teams (Anne Arundel, Howard, Monroe and Onondaga) regularly schedule NCAA D2 and D3 and NAIA teams for scrimmages to prepare for the season and generally do VERY well. Every year, quite a few girls on these top 4 teams move on to all divisions of NCAA and NAIA, if they want to. So, yes...people do come out to watch. Granted, it's mostly parents, but how is that any different than any other women's lacrosse game (except for the Maryland's, UNC's, etc)? And, why do you hope it's a player or parent posting?

Didn't say they weren't any good. I guess you are the worlds only women's juco lacrosse junkie. Good for you weirdo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't say they weren't any good. I guess you are the worlds only women's juco lacrosse junkie. Good for you weirdo.

True. You didn't say they weren't good, but you implied it by saying that you can't believe these games even get watched. I'd rather watch a juco team full of players that really love to play rather than Stony Brook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. You didn't say they weren't good, but you implied it by saying that you can't believe these games even get watched. I'd rather watch a juco team full of players that really love to play rather than Stony Brook.

Stonybrook is pretty entertaining I'm told, but I only watch when I have close relatives involved and I have to. Anyone else who can watche a 20+ goal juco blowout must have a lot of free time on their hands.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stonybrook is pretty entertaining I'm told, but I only watch when I have close relatives involved and I have to. Anyone else who can watche a 20+ goal juco blowout must have a lot of free time on their hands.

Huge crowd at the USC vs SB game. At least 3,000 people. Maybe more. Big crowd for Northwestern but not as big as USC game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huge crowd at the USC vs SB game. At least 3,000 people. Maybe more. Big crowd for Northwestern but not as big as USC game.

1000 at NW and 2500 at USC. Pretty nice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I get how going to the game with some young kids can be good inexpensive entertainment. I understand the attraction,, but it's not for me. But the crazy that started this is watching community college women's lax on a live stream. CooCoo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I get how going to the game with some young kids can be good inexpensive entertainment. I understand the attraction,, but it's not for me. But the crazy that started this is watching community college women's lax on a live stream. CooCoo

How are they crazy for watching a juco game on a live stream? People also watch high school games on live streams. Are they crazy too? Oh, and let me guess...If YOU watch a game on live stream, you're NOT crazy because it's your kid or you have a vested interest in the game or some other crap reason. Get a life and worry about your own seedlings, [lacrosse] LI'er.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are they crazy for watching a juco game on a live stream? People also watch high school games on live streams. Are they crazy too? Oh, and let me guess...If YOU watch a game on live stream, you're NOT crazy because it's your kid or you have a vested interest in the game or some other crap reason. Get a life and worry about your own seedlings, [lacrosse] LI'er.

Wouldn't watch anything like that on live stream. One camera, bad picture, need I go on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't watch anything like that on live stream. One camera, bad picture, need I go on?

it could be a bit nuts in the sense that there are dozens of ESPN D1 games that can be streamed. the resolution, the quality of the play, etc. will be much higher. but to each his own ultimately...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, I livestream games when I've got nothing else going on and the time. It's not a crime. I like to see how the "bigs" are doing (my daughter plays on a top 50 team but not top 20) or a team I know her team will play, or a team where one of her friends or former teammates plays. I may or may not watch the whole thing.

Sometimes the camerawork is great and so is the commentary (shoutout to the woman who does Stony Brook, she's great). Sometimes the camerawork is so bad I cannot watch. Best time ever was a few years ago, streaming a CT team and I forget who, but the booth guys had a live mic and started trash talking each other, clueless that it was being broadcast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now there is a good reason

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 3
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 11-0 400 20 1
2 North Carolina 11-1 380 2
3 Florida 9-2 360 3
4 Stony Brook 10-1 334 5
5 Penn State 12-1 304 6
6 Colorado 11-1 297 4
7 Princeton 8-1 287 7
8 Cornell 7-1 251 8
9 Southern California 9-3 222 9
10 Penn 8-2 221 11
11 Syracuse 9-4 190 10
12 Notre Dame 9-5 180 12
13 Denver 8-2 128 14
14 Towson 7-4 114 13
15 Virginia 7-5 106 15
16 Northwestern 6-6 105 16
17 Boston College. 10-4 79 NR
18 James Madison 7-5 61 NR
19 Elon. 8-3 45 18
20 Virginia Tech 11-4 42. 17

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The thread was temporarily hijacked, but now getting back to the point: Monroe 36 - North Country 0.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, April 3
1 Adelphi 8-0 396 16 1
2 Lindenwood 14-0 381 3 2
3 Le Moyne 8-0 361 1 3
4 Florida Southern 13-2 336 4
5 Rollins 10-2 305 6
6 LIU Post 7-1 304 5
7 Limestone 10-1 280 7
8 Queens 8-2 257 8
9 Florida Tech 8-2 247 10
10 Mercyhurst 5-2 198 11
11 West Chester 5-2 181 9
12 New Haven 7-0 177 12
13 Pace 7-1 173 13
14 NYIT 9-1 135 14
15 Regis (CO) 8-0 118 15
16 Lock Haven 6-3 111 16
17 Mercy 9-0 89 17
18 Seton Hill 5-4 58 20
19 Stonehill 4-5 43 19
20 Indiana (PA) 4-3 15 18

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division III, April 3
1 Franklin & Marshall 8-1 385 10 3
2 College of NJ 5-1 374 8 2
3 Washington & Lee 9-1 354 2 4
4 Middlebury 7-2 344 5
5 Gettysburg 8-2 313 1
6 Trinity (CT) 9-1 310 6
7 [lacrosse] 8-2 277 7
8 Bowdoin 6-2 257 8
9 Cortland 5-2 239 9
10 Ithaca 8-1 221 10
11 Catholic (DC) 6-2 204 10
12 Messiah 7-2 186 12
13 Salisbury 9-3 165 13
14 William Smith 8-1 139 15
15 Hamilton 6-3 87 17
16 Mary Washington 9-4 86 16
17 Brockport 7-1 78 14
18 St. John Fisher 4-3 70 18
19 Colby 5-3 35 20
20 Muhlenberg 7-1 33 NR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Virginia Tech #20 D1 played Adelphi #1 D2
what would the final score be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not 36-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If Virginia Tech #20 D1 played Adelphi #1 D2

not 36-0[/quote

VA Tech wins easily. They have 3 top 20 losses and Louisville who received votes and is probably 21 or 22. Adelphi is tremendous program but that is a big step up in weight class.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I would suspect not that competitive. The best D3, however, would do well against the best D2. Last year D3 Hamilton beat eventual D2 champ Florida Southern. In fact it was Florida Southern's last loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not 36-0

Awesome!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not 36-0

17-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The thread was temporarily hijacked, but now getting back to the point: Monroe 36 - North Country 0.

LOL I think the point was made!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL I think the point was made!

Yep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adelphi would beat a team like BC or Gtown I feel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adelphi would beat a team like BC or Gtown I feel.

This is a joke I hope

Page 50 of 75 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard