BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 144 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son that plays on a Team 91 2022 Team. I have heard a good deal about other 2022 Teams but havent heard anything about LI Express 2022, did they have tryouts? were they well attended? did they make 1 or 2 teams or none? I heard recently that they were still looking for kids for this age bracket and that it was going to be a developmental team. not trying to stir anything up, just curious who we can expect to see in the spring and summer. thanks,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
made my day reading this. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a son that plays on a Team 91 2022 Team. I have heard a good deal about other 2022 Teams but havent heard anything about LI Express 2022, did they have tryouts? were they well attended? did they make 1 or 2 teams or none? I heard recently that they were still looking for kids for this age bracket and that it was going to be a developmental team. not trying to stir anything up, just curious who we can expect to see in the spring and summer. thanks,

I saw them play last year in Tri-State. Despite the heat they played with a short bench (nobody taller than 45" in height) and were dominant throughout the tournament. Although the poles for the D-Men were taller than them they wielded them with unbelieveable skill and held most opponents to less than 3 goals/game. At friendlys after the tournament they all ate their ice cream without making a mess, except for of course little Johnny who dropped his fribble all over the senior citizens who were there for the early bird special.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw them play last year in Tri-State. Despite the heat they played with a short bench (nobody taller than 45" in height) and were dominant throughout the tournament. Although the poles for the D-Men were taller than them they wielded them with unbelieveable skill and held most opponents to less than 3 goals/game. At friendlys after the tournament they all ate their ice cream without making a mess, except for of course little Johnny who dropped his fribble all over the senior citizens who were there for the early bird special.

That routine has been played out way too man times. At the end of the day you are suggesting that a 9 year olds parents should care less about their child's lacrosse than say an 11 year old etc. so Johnny can't tie his shoes, Johnny doesn't shave yet, or Johnny doesn't play D-1...is it wrong for the parent of a 9 year old to be just as interested and curious about his kids lacrosse as the parent of a 15 year old kid?...we know when your Johnny was 9 you were above being excited for him...super cool, loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would hope that any and every 2022 is a developmental team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents pay a lot of money for their kids to play for 91, tomahawks, express, trueblue, havoc, etc. at the 2022 level, similar to parents who have kids at the 2021 or 2020 or 2019 level, they all go to tournaments, they all play in OBL, they all want to win and learn. I would hope lacrosse is developmental until your kid becomes Casey Powell. That said I dont see the joke in being curious about your son's competition whether he is 9 or 11 or 13. What is tue cutoff when lacrosse is no longer developmental and when it is ok to inquire about competition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents pay a lot of money for their kids to play for 91, tomahawks, express, trueblue, havoc, etc. at the 2022 level, similar to parents who have kids at the 2021 or 2020 or 2019 level, they all go to tournaments, they all play in OBL, they all want to win and learn. I would hope lacrosse is developmental until your kid becomes Casey Powell. That said I dont see the joke in being curious about your son's competition whether he is 9 or 11 or 13. What is tue cutoff when lacrosse is no longer developmental and when it is ok to inquire about competition?

Lets look at it this way. They are third graders. Trying to size up competion at this age is ridiculous. You need for kids to learn the game of lacrosse before you worry about winning and losing. At the end of the day 99% of the kids don't care if they win or lose. If your son is playing to count wins and losses for you it is pathetic. Let the kids at least finish 6th grade. with no pressure on them. These years are meant to lead up to the years that really count. Parents that put so much pressure on the kids at this age wind up ruining the kids because they grow to hate the game.LET THE KIDS BE KIDS GO FIND A SPORT YOU CAN PUT PRESSURE ON YOURSELF TO WIN LET YOUR KID ENJOY HIS CHILDHOOD IT GOES BY QUICKLY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post and I agree 100%... how many games did you care about winning or losing when you were 10.. take up tennis or golf and compete like [lacrosse], let your kids have fun. Jeez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post and I agree 100%... how many games did you care about winning or losing when you were 10.. take up tennis or golf and compete like [lacrosse], let your kids have fun. Jeez.

You guys are funny. I am sure you didnt care whether your kids won or lost until they were 13 years old. You were the only ones on the sideline reading the paper because you cared so little. Give me a break...yes now that your son is a little older you can look back and say that it was silly to be competitive when your son was 9 years old, but hind sight is 20/20. Face it you were running up and down the field screaming for your little Johnny just like everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually i think you miss the point, the person inquired about what other teams are playing at the 2022 level. This is not about a kid caring if he wins or loses, this is about a parent wanting to know what teams his or her kid will be playing. Is that sizing the competition or maybe just a curious parent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually i think you miss the point, the person inquired about what other teams are playing at the 2022 level. This is not about a kid caring if he wins or loses, this is about a parent wanting to know what teams his or her kid will be playing. Is that sizing the competition or maybe just a curious parent.

I can tell you this, the only thing to me that stunk more then getting blown out at a game was blowing the other guys out. I hate lopsided games either way so a parent wondering what the teams his kid plays agin will be like is okay if its for the right reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My condolences, lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard from anyone from the Express about meeting the team/coaches. Discuss expectations’ from the players, the parents, and the coaches. I got the request for the first tuition payment right away. But now crickets...what gives? I heard other teams have already had a few practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can tell you this, the only thing to me that stunk more then getting blown out at a game was blowing the other guys out. I hate lopsided games either way so a parent wondering what the teams his kid plays agin will be like is okay if its for the right reason

You have a team 91 parent asking about express teams. Then he hears that the express is saying they are a developtmental team and is stirring the pot.If express and team 91 play three games all year it would be a lot. What about all the other teams you will play. Are you going to be the idiot who calls all tournaments at the third grade level and tells them you kid has to play only certain teams. Better yet when your team loses you will go blame all the other kids on your team so all the other parents on your team hate you too. Go post on 91 thred they deal with people like you all the time.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I would e-mail the directors. I was waiting also and finally e-mailed MC. He got back to me right away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard from anyone from the Express about meeting the team/coaches. Discuss expectations’ from the players, the parents, and the coaches. I got the request for the first tuition payment right away. But now crickets...what gives? I heard other teams have already had a few practices.

Surprised? You had been warned. Yes, practicing weekly for four weeks. Rock on, Express!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a team 91 parent asking about express teams. Then he hears that the express is saying they are a developtmental team and is stirring the pot.If express and team 91 play three games all year it would be a lot. What about all the other teams you will play. Are you going to be the idiot who calls all tournaments at the third grade level and tells them you kid has to play only certain teams. Better yet when your team loses you will go blame all the other kids on your team so all the other parents on your team hate you too. Go post on 91 thred they deal with people like you all the time.

Hey, a secret: some 91 folks, as well as Express folks, get along just fine. Some folks, sounds as if you may belong to this bunch, will end up someplace else. Hope so!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone get info about practices and Fall tournaments for Express 2016 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th graders are practicing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually the "A" teams have already practicing and going to fall tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone on the other teams hear about practices or tournaments for the fall? Are the tournaments listed on their website only for A teams?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2018 Teams have either started last week or are starting this week. I believe the tournaments are for ALL teams (or whoever signed up for the fall season), not Just for the A teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 teams are starting to practice this week and have a list of fall tournaments. There are 4 for 2018.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know about 2016, but 2018 is starting to practice this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 teams are starting to practice this week and have a list of fall tournaments. There are 4 for 2018.

What tournaments. Would love to see if any of the other so called top teams will be going to same ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 terps have had two practices--two more planned this week and tournament in MD this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourneys are listed on the website, under Tournaments. Crazy I know.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Some 2018 Fall Tournaments....

Nov 3rd - Fall Final Classic - Princeton, NJ
Nov 10th - Oyster Bay Fall Brawl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear about tournaments for 2016 boys for the fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard rumor Express running recruting tournament in july on Island. any one have info on this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who coaches 2019 Wolverines ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails started to go out for 2016 practices. The email said information on tournaments will come next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the teams are for 2016 Express? Are there still 4 teams with Cudas, Piranhas, Wolverines and Terps?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DID ANYONE RECEIVE AN EMAIL YET FOR THE
2017 GIRL'S TEAM.
PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.
THANK YOU!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DID ANYONE RECEIVE AN EMAIL YET FOR THE
2017 GIRL'S TEAM.
PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.
THANK YOU!

Two teams - no cuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know which color is the "A" or "B" teams for the girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know which of these 2016 teams are A, B, C...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th graders are practicing.

yes, 8th grade (2017 Terps) have had a few practices and are playing in MD this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLUE IS A

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 144 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 143 144
Quick Reply