BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,603
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 75 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SB just beat USC. Someone explain to me how USC garners such a high ranking. No, really. They're okay, but I haven't seen anything this season to justify top 5 or 10. SB outplayed them tonight at any rate.

USC gets overrated every year as they play a weak schedule . Not sure but their record against east coast schools tells you they should be about 35-40 ranked team but the coaches have a lot of pull. The Miller kid is no bust she has never been much of an offensive threat but very good between the restraining lines . That said I got to watch the game tonight and she was not shy about shooting and has a bit of peacock in her the way she struts around . She is only a freshman playing on a not very talented team , put her on one of the top teams and she would barely see the field st this point .way too early to say a bust.

Watched the game last night. Surprised at the limited stick skills on some of the USC players. SB faster, sticks in passing lanes, shut down their offense and goalie was lights out for SB last night. Agreed USC always gets the higher ranking, not deserved.

With all that, 9-7 final...if USC is so overrated,SB should be also...win a playoff game for your commuter school would ya.
Not a fan of SB by any means, that being said USC defense is very good, well schemed, There offense is just the opposite, clogging up the middle of the 8 with their own player, parking a defender there does no good at all. No chance for cutters to become open with two players in front of the goal. Munday needs to abandon that set, but I don't think it will help USC, ,ike stated above , can't hold on to the ball, unforced dropps and turnovers. SB on the other hand is tough to watch, very agressive and boarder line chep and dirty, too much play acting to get calls makes them look petty especially when it's obvious. I just don't like Spallina or the way he coaches, though he does get the best from his girls so I understand why they love him. My daughter plays for a different school but to be honest at this point I am a FLA. guy and neither of these teams can beat the top 3. IMHO SB is ranked right where they should be but USC is way over rated, and neither really plays a tough schedule in comparison to the top schools

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gators coming very soon the the top spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great games on tap for today!! Let's keep this positive truthful and informative

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gators coming very soon the the top spot

Not a Gator fan at all, but they will be tough to beat this year in the big show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke is in trouble

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that was a great game last night. Electric atmosphere just as Spalinna advertised. Huge crowd (for W lax) and a ton of energy. Only negative was the obnoxious father screaming the whole time. I was rooting for the same team as this guy, and still couldn't take listening to him. Worst loud mouth parent ever. Ruined the game for many people in the stands. Tons of young kids trying to enjoy the game and this jackass is screaming curses. He should be banned from all future games. He is a parent of one of the players, he should keep himself in check, completely embarrassing himself and anyone associated with him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just saw where Onondaga CC women's team beat Suffolk CC 27-10. wth!!! Last week they lost to Howard CC, from Maryland, 12-4 and they DID NOT like it, plus they barely beat Anne Arundel CC 17-16 after being ahead at halftime 11-6 a couple of weeks ago. Hacking, charging, flopping, yellow cards, griping, bitching, etc. Those upstaters must have a problem with sportsmanship. Earlier this year their men's team beat Anne Arundel CC 29-9. This kind of crappy sportsmanship comes back to bite you hard eventually. Dicks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Onondaga added a few players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Onondaga added a few players

The roster on the Onondaga CC website shows 25 "exemplary sportsmen" and Monroe CC shows 26 on their roster. That's as many as some 4-year schools. During the OCC-AACC game, the ref had to stop the game and warn the OCC players about flailing around and slamming their sticks on the ground after every call against them. Nice young "ladies". Ridiculous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that was a great game last night. Electric atmosphere just as Spalinna advertised. Huge crowd (for W lax) and a ton of energy. Only negative was the obnoxious father screaming the whole time. I was rooting for the same team as this guy, and still couldn't take listening to him. Worst loud mouth parent ever. Ruined the game for many people in the stands. Tons of young kids trying to enjoy the game and this jackass is screaming curses. He should be banned from all future games. He is a parent of one of the players, he should keep himself in check, completely embarrassing himself and anyone associated with him.

Classic YJ parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, it was the father of the Hofstra transfer? He did that same crap at every game last year. Guy is a moron

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, it was the father of the Hofstra transfer? He did that same crap at every game last year. Guy is a moron

Moron? that's a bit harsh. kinda just the typical LI knucklehead more like it.. a steak head

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Norte dame vs Syracuse today. Predictions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida Maryland this week Terpys in trouble

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boston College vs UNC was very close, the eagles look good. UNC doesn't have the defense of Maryland or Florida to keep up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boston College vs UNC was very close, the eagles look good. UNC doesn't have the defense of Maryland or Florida to keep up.

Wasn't that close 15-10, BC with 3 late garbage goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Norte dame vs Syracuse today. Predictions

SU not doing well going into the half but they've pulled off comebacks before so no prediction from me.

USC whooping up on OSU. That's another program that isn't doing so well this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it's clear you have UNC allegiance. Because BC was up at half and had a lead w 20 to go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it's clear you have UNC allegiance. Because BC was up at half and had a lead w 20 to go

Ok BC allegiance fan, put whatever spin you want on it...Can you spin the cuse, va tech and umd beatdown while your at it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are ignorant , you say BC looks good and UNC does not in a game UNC won. The game ended up not being as close as the score but yes it was a close game for awhile. I would say UNC defense is suspect but it was good enough when they beat Florida in Florida. Maryland is the team to beat and will be in the finals again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are ignorant , you say BC looks good and UNC does not in a game UNC won. The game ended up not being as close as the score but yes it was a close game for awhile. I would say UNC defense is suspect but it was good enough when they beat Florida in Florida. Maryland is the team to beat and will be in the finals again.

It was also Florida's first game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta agree was at the NW game and couldn't take that loud mouth almost every play and he has that booming voice and was sitting or standing in the end zone so everyone could hear it and we were all bundled up cause it was freezing really took the enjoyment out of the game. I'm sure his daughter has had enough of his mouth as well. Hopefully against Colorado he will tone it down or that's it for me at Stony Brook. Thanks dad. I'm a Long Islander so I'm used to that in all the sports but this guy is the winner. For your daughter's sake tone it down they actually know what they are doing and most of the fans know the game as does your coach. I'm proud of all the LI kids on that team just can't stand listening to Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at a game yesterday with the 90 second shot clock winding down with about 5 seconds when a Temple player lets go a wild shot to beat the clock and ended up hitting a defender square in the head. Ref gave a yellow card kid was down for about 5 minutes for some reason no coach or trainer came to check on her then the ref gives the kid the ball just above the 12 meter as little birdies are flying around her head and blows the whistle to start play. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing it was an embarrassment to the officials and the coaches. Common sense dictates to take the kid off the field and conduct some type of concussion protocol not give her the ball and blow the whistle.C'mon son😡

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at a game yesterday with the 90 second shot clock winding down with about 5 seconds when a Temple player lets go a wild shot to beat the clock and ended up hitting a defender square in the head. Ref gave a yellow card kid was down for about 5 minutes for some reason no coach or trainer came to check on her then the ref gives the kid the ball just above the 12 meter as little birdies are flying around her head and blows the whistle to start play. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing it was an embarrassment to the officials and the coaches. Common sense dictates to take the kid off the field and conduct some type of concussion protocol not give her the ball and blow the whistle.C'mon son😡

Sad to hear that. Exactly what was feared about when they introduced the shot clock. We are going to see a ton of this when girls get desperate with just a few seconds left on clock. It creates a tremendously dangerous situation that will have girls launching 80mph shots through the defenders just to get a shot off. The stall was brutal to watch at the end of women's games, so I get why they did it, but you may have a girl not get up off the turf next time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad to hear that. Exactly what was feared about when they introduced the shot clock. We are going to see a ton of this when girls get desperate with just a few seconds left on clock. It creates a tremendously dangerous situation that will have girls launching 80mph shots through the defenders just to get a shot off. The stall was brutal to watch at the end of women's games, so I get why they did it, but you may have a girl not get up off the turf next time!

Again the refs are terrible!!!!! Helmets are coming because the officiating sucks!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

IWLCA Poll for Division I, March 27
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 9-0 400 20 1
2 North Carolina 9-1 379 2
3 Florida 8-1 358 3
4 Colorado 10-0 311 6
5 Stony Brook 8-1 304 7
6 Penn State 10-1 281 10
7 Princeton 6-1 274 5
8 Cornell 6-1 267 7
9 Southern California 7-3 230 9
10 Syracuse 8-3 220 4
11 Penn 7-2 195 11
12 Notre Dame 9-4 175 15
13 Towson 7-3 169 12
14 Denver 7-2 126 13
15 Virginia 6-4 117 19
16 Northwestern 5-5 114 14
17 Virginia Tech 11-2 83 16
18 Elon 8-2 63 20
19 Stanford 6-2 45 18
20 Duke 5-5 31 17

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, March 27
1 Adelphi 6-0 398 18 1
2 Lindenwood 11-0 376 1 2
3 Le Moyne 6-0 364 1 3
4 Florida Southern 12-2 328 5
5 LIU Post 5-1 322 4
6 Rollins 10-2 296 7
7 Limestone 9-1 268 8
8 Queens 7-2 241 9
9 West Chester 4-1 214 6
10 Florida Tech 8-1 205 11
11 Mercyhurst 3-2 192 10
12 New Haven 5-0 177 12
13 Pace 4-1 171 14
14 NYIT 8-1 135 15
15 Regis (CO) 8-0 113 17
16 Lock Haven 4-2 103 13
17 Mercy 7-0 68 NR
18 Indiana (PA) 3-2 63 17
19 Stonehill 4-3 51 20
20 Seton Hill 4-4 41 NR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not buying the high ranks of USC or Elon. Not so sure about Colorado either.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division III, March 27
1 Gettysburg 8-0 400 20 2
2 College of NJ 4-0 357 3
3 Franklin & Marshall 6-1 349 4
4 Washington & Lee 8-1 344 4
5 Middlebury 5-1 328 1
6 Trinity (CT) 8-1 265 7
7 [lacrosse] 5-2 261 8
8 Bowdoin 6-1 244 15
9 Cortland 4-2 223 6
10 Ithaca 6-1 207 13
10 Catholic (DC) 4-2 207 9
12 Messiah 5-2 186 11
13 Salisbury 7-3 179 10
14 Brockport 6-0 176 12
15 William Smith 6-1 121 17
16 Mary Washington 7-4 90 16
17 Hamilton 5-3 81 18
18 St. John Fisher 3-2 47 14
19 Amherst 3-3 39 19
20 Colby 3-3 33 19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colorado? If they are ranked that high, then that speaks volumes about how the middle of the rankings teams (below the big three) really have no shot at the NCAA Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your input.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
IWLCA Poll for Division III, March 27
1 Gettysburg 8-0 400 20 2
2 College of NJ 4-0 357 3
3 Franklin & Marshall 6-1 349 4
4 Washington & Lee 8-1 344 4
5 Middlebury 5-1 328 1
6 Trinity (CT) 8-1 265 7
7 [lacrosse] 5-2 261 8
8 Bowdoin 6-1 244 15
9 Cortland 4-2 223 6
10 Ithaca 6-1 207 13
10 Catholic (DC) 4-2 207 9
12 Messiah 5-2 186 11
13 Salisbury 7-3 179 10
14 Brockport 6-0 176 12
15 William Smith 6-1 121 17
16 Mary Washington 7-4 90 16
17 Hamilton 5-3 81 18
18 St. John Fisher 3-2 47 14
19 Amherst 3-3 39 19
20 Colby 3-3 33 19

What's with Salisbury this year. Always a top performer is 3 early losses a concern? Always hard in D3 with recruiting and getting those transfers that crap out in D1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colorado beat most impressively penn state not as impressively Northwestern. I'm buying
The bottom five almost always come down to who didn't lose the worst Duke being in any top 20 poll is embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse Rankings seem more accurate. NW lower and Duke out of Top 20.

1 Maryland (20) 9-0 419 1
2 North Carolina (1) 9-1 396 2
3 Florida 8-1 381 3
4 Colorado 10-0 340 4
5 Penn State 10-1 323 5
6 Stony Brook 8-1 309 9
7 Cornell 6-1 294 7
8 Princeton 6-1 279 6
9 Penn 7-2 228 11
10 USC 7-3 225 10
11 Syracuse 8-3 203 8
12 Virginia Tech 11-2 176 12
13 Notre Dame 9-4 164 16
14 Denver 7-2 124 13
14 Towson 7-3 124 15
16 Elon 8-2 108 14
17 Virginia 6-4 73 20
18 Boston College 8-4 70 19
19 Northwestern 5-5 69 17
20 Johns Hopkins 8-3 46 17

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colorado beat most impressively penn state not as impressively Northwestern. I'm buying
The bottom five almost always come down to who didn't lose the worst Duke being in any top 20 poll is embarrassing

What's happening with Duke this year? Why are they tanking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Florida 8-1 381 3
4 Colorado 10-0 340 4
5 Penn State 10-1 323 5
6 Stony Brook 8-1 309 9
7 Cornell 6-1 294 7
8 Princeton 6-1 279 6
9 Penn 7-2 228 11
10 USC 7-3 225 10
11 Syracuse 8-3 203 8
13 Notre Dame 9-4 164 16
14 Denver 7-2 124 13
14 Towson 7-3 124 15
16 Elon 8-2 108 14
17 Virginia 6-4 73 20

How does Notre Dame stay ranked so high

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's happening with Duke this year? Why are they tanking?

They want the first draft pick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Florida 8-1 381 3
4 Colorado 10-0 340 4
5 Penn State 10-1 323 5
6 Stony Brook 8-1 309 9
7 Cornell 6-1 294 7
8 Princeton 6-1 279 6
9 Penn 7-2 228 11
10 USC 7-3 225 10
11 Syracuse 8-3 203 8
13 Notre Dame 9-4 164 16
14 Denver 7-2 124 13
14 Towson 7-3 124 15
16 Elon 8-2 108 14
17 Virginia 6-4 73 20

How does Notre Dame stay ranked so high

They beat last week's #4 team Syracuse (now #11).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why is Syracuse ranked so high they looked terrible.

Page 48 of 75 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard