BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 264 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also Pequa over ST Thomas 13 t 10, fun game to watch

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Also Pequa over ST Thomas 13 t 10, fun game to watch

Was the Florida team very good? 13-10 loss is not that bad. I believe they were undefeated coming up here. Some people were surprised to see they had so many wins under their belt coming up here. FYI Florida starts their season earlier than us. Their 1st practice is January 30th. Their playoffs start April 3rd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had some players, would've middle of pack here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do not try to compare a team almost done with their season with a team playng game 1 of the season. cant.

a mid teir LI school in the middle so f their season beats them.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think the better Florida teams are very athletic but lack a lot of skilled players. They will always have a few skilled athletic players but then there is a drop off. Didn't see this team but they are the reigning Florida State Champs from last year. They were 12-0 coming in to Massapeaqua game but are now 12-1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

I think the better Florida teams are very athletic but lack a lot of skilled players. They will always have a few skilled athletic players but then there is a drop off. Didn't see this team but they are the reigning Florida State Champs from last year. They were 12-0 coming in to Massapeaqua game but are now 12-1.

I think you should watch them play before you judge and by judging skills how much do you really know about the game. The coach of St Thomas is a LI guy so I don't think he would match up his team with a powerhouse like Pequa if his team stunk. Florida has some real talent coupled with some real athletes.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think you should watch them play before you judge and by judging skills how much do you really know about the game. The coach of St Thomas is a LI guy so I don't think he would match up his team with a powerhouse like Pequa if his team stunk. Florida has some real talent coupled with some real athletes.

Didn't say anything bad. Florida is developing into a strong state. One of the up and coming areas. They do not have a lot of horses compared to Long island teams. Have seen enough of the Florida teams to have some idea of how they stack up. Just never have seen this team. I think you just quoted my post. As I said have some very athletic kids and some overall skilled players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't known that Pequa was a powerhouse....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa may not be a powerhouse but I think someone wants everyone to believe port Washington is
Beware victor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at game and the first poster summed up exactly what the Florida team was. It was a good game but would have been different if it was Massapequas 13th game of the season. It was a great opportunity for both teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa may not be a powerhouse but I think someone wants everyone to believe port Washington is
Beware victor

Beware Victor? Huh, unlike Lakeland Panas didn't Victor drop to B... Not in A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware victor

I think the poster is saying that the PW goalie is very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all the Port Washington folks? I thought PW Poster was saying how much noise they were gonna make this year... PW got blown out by South Side on Tuesday. What happened? The LV game should go fast tomorrow, it S/B running time by the 2nd quarter.

Should be a battle of two of the island (and nation's) top young (sophomore) goalies.

Nice try Goalie dad. The goalies won't be top in anywhere with those defenses.

Sorry not a goalie's dad. Li has some of the top goalie prospects.These two happen to be playing each other. If as your post put it if they have weak defenses Infront of them then they are (or will be) that much better for it.

How do you justify tops in the nation and island? Based on what?

Sorry if you want to argue, but LI has some great young talented goalies. These are two of them if you didn't know that then anything I will say doesn't matter.

Now that the season is young they all start with a fresh slate and time as it usually does will tell. I was just pointing out this was a good goalie match up with some young Sophomore talent.

As I often earmark certain games and scores. Take it if you like as opinion because any facts I state would surely be spun or used to demean another.

I will say if you have a young goalie 4th/5th/6th grade and love the position the are 2 of the goalies to watch (among others).

Ok so you went from "tops in the nation" to "young talented goalies". That makes a lot more sense then anointing them tops in the nation when they have just started their varsity career.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware victor

Pffffftt - PW should have lost that game . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The young goalies made a game of it. 30 saves between the two of those two young goalies. Any negativity towards these two was uncalled for and foolish. Look forward to following both them this year.

Didn't see any negativity, only questioning of the statement that they are two of the best in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The young goalies made a game of it. 30 saves between the two of those two young goalies. Any negativity towards these two was uncalled for and foolish. Look forward to following both them this year.

Didn't see any negativity, only questioning of the statement that they are two of the best in the country.

Not a Goalies Dad but know both boys well and they do play on 2 of the best 2019 Summer teams in the country and that is a fact. So it's not a stretch to say they are amongst the top goalies for their age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Goalies Dad but know both boys well and they do play on 2 of the best 2019 Summer teams in the country and that is a fact. So it's not a stretch to say they are amongst the top goalies for their age.

But are you a dad with a son on one of those "best 2019 Summer teams in the country"? Because that would put your statement into perspective. If not then it's a valid comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa vs. Kellenberg tomorrow. Curious to see if Kellenberg has improved as a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So PW can't be scored on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa vs. Kellenberg tomorrow. Curious to see if Kellenberg has improved as a program.

Commack blew out Kellenberg. They play Smithtown East tomorrow, that's the game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cold Spring Harbor vs Syosset Tuesday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosett will give them a beat down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One couldn't even start last year give me a break

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But are you a dad with a son on one of those "best 2019 Summer teams in the country"? Because that would put your statement into perspective. If not then it's a valid comment.

For the record can you name the top 5 summer teams in class of 2019. Regardless if I'm a parent of a a son on one of those teams it's hard to dispute the level of achievement both teams at that age have accomplished in the past 3 years. Between head to head battles with the top 10 or so organizations in the nation and the D1 commitments both teams have it would be difficult to refute their status as 2 of the elite teams throughout the summer circuit.2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the record can you name the top 5 summer teams in class of 2019. Regardless if I'm a parent of a a son on one of those teams it's hard to dispute the level of achievement both teams at that age have accomplished in the past 3 years. Between head to head battles with the top 10 or so organizations in the nation and the D1 commitments both teams have it would be difficult to refute their status as 2 of the elite teams throughout the summer circuit.2

If you have a connection with these boys you cannot be objective in your opinion. Being great when everyone around you is also very talented is not a very good barometer regarding your talent level. Being great when the talent around you is mediocre is the sign of a truly talented player. Think Farmingdale kid up in Delaware, playing on an unranked team hand he has become displayed dominance as a freshman. The talent around him while very good, is inferior to the other D-1 programs, therefore he is "great".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Syosett will give them a beat down."

Hopefully the boys play out of their shorts and restore some pride in the town with a big win over the little next door neighbor that has dominated the braves in the W/L column for decades. That is why they play the games. Curious how St. A's Manhasset plays out as well. Should be a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LV should have won that game by about 5 Gs - they had over a dozen looks where they had the D and G beat, and shot wide or high all day (and that was despite certain LV players not moving the ball when they should have! They will need to become less selfish in order to win games they are capable of winning against better competition)! That said, the PW G was very good, and if LV had hit the net, those goals nor the game would have been on him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully the boys play out of their shorts and restore some pride in the town with a big win over the little next door neighbor that has dominated the braves in the W/L column for decades. That is why they play the games. Curious how St. A's Manhasset plays out as well. Should be a great game.
St A's have a good fogo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worst thing a talented goalie can do is play for a "great" travel team, they generally have a dominate fogo, great possession offense and great defenders. kid will not see the rubber that he needs to see to improve. I have seen this over and over again and year after year. That is why, as the poster above stated, DeLuca (Farmingdale 2016/ Delaware 2020) is a great goalie, he is consistently better then those around him and he makes the team good, not the other way around IMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cant imagine this is a Syosset parent writing this garbage(at least I would Hope not). CSH has a very good and talented team that has been the top in the state for the last couple years. The games every year are close and well played. I believe the last couple games were decided by a goal. Looking forward to a good game against Two good teams. No one expects a "Beat Down", other than the poster who is trying to stir up the board. Good luck to all involved tonight!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cant imagine this is a Syosset parent writing this garbage(at least I would Hope not). CSH has a very good and talented team that has been the top in the state for the last couple years. The games every year are close and well played. I believe the last couple games were decided by a goal. Looking forward to a good game against Two good teams. No one expects a "Beat Down", other than the poster who is trying to stir up the board. Good luck to all involved tonight!

Methinks the "playing out of their shorts" part is a play on words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LV should have won that game by about 5 Gs - they had over a dozen looks where they had the D and G beat, and shot wide or high all day (and that was despite certain LV players not moving the ball when they should have! They will need to become less selfish in order to win games they are capable of winning against better competition)! That said, the PW G was very good, and if LV had hit the net, those goals nor the game would have been on him.

Yes, if you score more goals you will win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thougths on West Islip vs. NPort

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosett will give them a beat down.

CSH, SYO is a strange beast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. "Play out of their shorts"

Good, lite humor.

Should be a competitive game again this year as it is each year.

Hopefully the rain lets up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did your mom write this for you ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
???? Angry man above... Life is tough I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did your mom write this for you ?

As Sgt Hulka said to the lads "Lighten up Francis"

Like Reply Quote