Ric Beardsley Takeaway Clinic on 7/31 is Now Posted in Forums & Events Section! | Legacy Lacrosse Boys Tryout Camp Starts Tomorrow!!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/23/19 11:11 PM
Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/23/19 10:12 PM
Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/23/19 09:51 PM
Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/23/19 09:30 PM
Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/23/19 09:26 PM
Girls 2027-4th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/23/19 09:25 PM
Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/23/19 08:34 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,681
Posts252,037
Members2,113
Most Online6,140
Jun 13th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 370 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 369 370
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210083
03/24/17 08:08 AM
03/24/17 08:08 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
What teams are wearing helmets?

Did the school provide them?

Who is responsible for the decision, the coach or district administration?

How long before the first lawsuit is filed?

No parent is suing a school if they provide helmets for a team in the name of "safety" get real. Whether they are safer or not unfortunately the optics that they are safer is going to push more school districts to follow. Blame the 1st schools that did it because they are going to suck everyone down

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210084
03/24/17 08:12 AM
03/24/17 08:12 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if refs called the hacking and threw kids out of games like the rules states helmets wouldn't be talked about. This is a result of poor officiating and teams and coaches taking advantage of poor officiating to bend and stretch the rules.

Right on the button exactly right. Might as well not even have a rule book.

Girls Lax has the worst officials an any sport my daughter has ever played. The non calls and lack of ejections have brought this on.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210087
03/24/17 08:47 AM
03/24/17 08:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of you people are complete idiots . Have them wear the same equipment as the men and play the men's game to prevent injuries . Great idea Einstein except there are more injuries in the men's game including a higher incidence of concussions . Not sure why the uproar about the soft shell helmets as it's a personal choice and hopefully it does not become mandated .

I agree with you except for the last part - some of the schools are mandating it, varsity through MS.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #210094
03/24/17 09:17 AM
03/24/17 09:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't we just require all school kids to walk around with helmets as they go about their days activities, in the interest of safety of course. If a kid refuses and trips in the playground then a lawsuit can be filed. Absolutely Rediculous! This helmet thing is the product of the snowflake lawsuit parenting. Sick of it!

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210110
03/24/17 09:57 AM
03/24/17 09:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't we just require all school kids to walk around with helmets as they go about their days activities, in the interest of safety of course. If a kid refuses and trips in the playground then a lawsuit can be filed. Absolutely Rediculous! This helmet thing is the product of the snowflake lawsuit parenting. Sick of it!

Train has left the station. We all know AD's and school boards hate confrontation or controversy. That's why good coaches get fired and bad ones stay on. The fact the some uninformed districts on LI have started with helmets they all will follow and then when people see it doesn't adversely affect the game everyone will adopt. All because of bad officiating and clubs coaching players to bend the rules. Those are the two culprits.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210124
03/24/17 11:01 AM
03/24/17 11:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if refs called the hacking and threw kids out of games like the rules states helmets wouldn't be talked about. This is a result of poor officiating and teams and coaches taking advantage of poor officiating to bend and stretch the rules.

Simplify the rules. Stop the offensive ball hogs charging into defensive players. Stop rewarding offensive players who run into triple teams only to be rewarded with a free position. Stop the horizontal stick to body. Stop the stick swinging checks. All those go to player safety. Stop calling the empty stick checks which are not safety related and cause unnecessary stoppages. Those are just a few items.

Those pushing helmets, equipment etc are unknowledgeable people stirring the pot. The soft helmets provide no "concussion" protection. No helmet does.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210125
03/24/17 11:02 AM
03/24/17 11:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls Lax has the worst officials an any sport my daughter has ever played. The non calls and lack of ejections have brought this on.

You guys must be fathers of girls that play attack. As the father of a defender, I'd say if the officials would call charges when a girl tries to power through two defenders then things wouldn't get out of hand. You know the girl, starts on the 8, doesn't look to pass and tries to beat three girls, gets stopped but then the ref calls a foul and she gets a FP. Terrible officiating, let them play some D.

It can go both ways depending on your perspective. I do agree, the officiating in girls lacrosse stinks.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210133
03/24/17 11:35 AM
03/24/17 11:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will do more than wearing nothing at all if they get hit in the head with the ball or a stick. If you are concerned about how your daughter looks on the lacrosse field maybe she should be in beauty pageants instead of playing lacrosse. My daughter played and suffered a concussion from taking a shot to the head - and yes, she was a good player, and certainly not a "WUSS" as you so eloquently put it. It will not be a choice you need to make for you daughter much longer. It will be a mandatory piece of equipment shortly. If you feel strongly enough that the current style of helmet does not provide you daughter with enough protection, contact somebody at Cascade and voice your concern rather than spewing your ridiculous opinion on a message board.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210139
03/24/17 11:55 AM
03/24/17 11:55 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What teams are wearing helmets?

Did the school provide them?

Who is responsible for the decision, the coach or district administration?

How long before the first lawsuit is filed?

No parent is suing a school if they provide helmets for a team in the name of "safety" get real. Whether they are safer or not unfortunately the optics that they are safer is going to push more school districts to follow. Blame the 1st schools that did it because they are going to suck everyone down

You are correct. The girls with the helmets will not be during. The lawsuit will be from a girl who got hurt playing against a girl who was allowed to wear a helmet.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210143
03/24/17 12:12 PM
03/24/17 12:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will do more than wearing nothing at all if they get hit in the head with the ball or a stick. If you are concerned about how your daughter looks on the lacrosse field maybe she should be in beauty pageants instead of playing lacrosse. My daughter played and suffered a concussion from taking a shot to the head - and yes, she was a good player, and certainly not a "WUSS" as you so eloquently put it. It will not be a choice you need to make for you daughter much longer. It will be a mandatory piece of equipment shortly. If you feel strongly enough that the current style of helmet does not provide you daughter with enough protection, contact somebody at Cascade and voice your concern rather than spewing your ridiculous opinion on a message board.

Wrong!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #210145
03/24/17 12:24 PM
03/24/17 12:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter's team played a team with helmets. The one thing that I noticed and I wonder if there is a cause/effect relationship, is that the team with helmets got carded several times (at least 4-5 times) for making contact with the head, and a few early that were close and not called, just called as a regular foul. My thought is, are the girls who are playing defense on a team (or this team) used to practicing against teammates with helmets, so they are not as disciplined with stick control on checks. Are they getting more free with their sticks against teammates with helmets without really knowing it, and is it possible that coaches aren't catching and correcting, because a glancing blow to a helmet doesn't get the same reaction as a bare head during practices? Just an initial thought, but it does warrant consideration.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210153
03/24/17 01:47 PM
03/24/17 01:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if more yellow and red cards were handed out it would change how the girls play. Now they try and charge to get FP shots, check over girls heads..

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #210157
03/24/17 02:04 PM
03/24/17 02:04 PM
S
strongARM Offline
Back of THE CAGE
strongARM  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
S

You guys must be fathers of girls that play attack. As the father of a defender, I'd say if the officials would call charges when a girl tries to power through two defenders then things wouldn't get out of hand. You know the girl, starts on the 8, doesn't look to pass and tries to beat three girls, gets stopped but then the ref calls a foul and she gets a FP. Terrible officiating, let them play some D.

It can go both ways depending on your perspective. I do agree, the officiating in girls lacrosse stinks.

I have to agree on that- the lack of charge calling is just plain silly. If you aren't going to call charges, you shouldn't be calling nonsense obstructions. Either the rules should be followed or not. The officiating is the worst- especially but tourneys where they need a huge amt of refs... quality goes even worse.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: strongARM] #210166
03/24/17 02:34 PM
03/24/17 02:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by strongARM

I have to agree on that- the lack of charge calling is just plain silly. If you aren't going to call charges, you shouldn't be calling nonsense obstructions. Either the rules should be followed or not. The officiating is the worst- especially but tourneys where they need a huge amt of refs... quality goes even worse.

I agree on summer refs and its worse because club teams preach rule bending and aggressive play

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #210172
03/24/17 02:45 PM
03/24/17 02:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

best move in women's lax is to stop a break by committing a foul...as long as you stop play, its a win-win..no penalty other than offense has to re-set....why more coaches don't do it constantly is curious...not try to hurt offensive player mind you, but just a little push and play stops dead...stops a bunch of fast breaks. in bball, you do something like that on a fast break, and its a foul that hurts the defense. In women's lax, aint no big deal..until refs or rules penalize crap, the game will continue to be poorly reffed and torture to watch

Reply Quote
Page 62 of 370 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 369 370
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification