BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 214 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
if refs called the hacking and threw kids out of games like the rules states helmets wouldn't be talked about. This is a result of poor officiating and teams and coaches taking advantage of poor officiating to bend and stretch the rules.

Right on the button exactly right. Might as well not even have a rule book.

Simplify the rules. Stop the offensive ball hogs charging into defensive players. Stop rewarding offensive players who run into triple teams only to be rewarded with a free position. Stop the horizontal stick to body. Stop the stick swinging checks. All those go to player safety. Stop calling the empty stick checks which are not safety related and cause unnecessary stoppages. Those are just a few items.

Those pushing helmets, equipment etc are unknowledgeable people stirring the pot. The soft helmets provide no "concussion" protection. No helmet does.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if refs called the hacking and threw kids out of games like the rules states helmets wouldn't be talked about. This is a result of poor officiating and teams and coaches taking advantage of poor officiating to bend and stretch the rules.

Girls Lax has the worst officials an any sport my daughter has ever played. The non calls and lack of ejections have brought this on.

You guys must be fathers of girls that play attack. As the father of a defender, I'd say if the officials would call charges when a girl tries to power through two defenders then things wouldn't get out of hand. You know the girl, starts on the 8, doesn't look to pass and tries to beat three girls, gets stopped but then the ref calls a foul and she gets a FP. Terrible officiating, let them play some D.

It can go both ways depending on your perspective. I do agree, the officiating in girls lacrosse stinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will do more than wearing nothing at all if they get hit in the head with the ball or a stick. If you are concerned about how your daughter looks on the lacrosse field maybe she should be in beauty pageants instead of playing lacrosse. My daughter played and suffered a concussion from taking a shot to the head - and yes, she was a good player, and certainly not a "WUSS" as you so eloquently put it. It will not be a choice you need to make for you daughter much longer. It will be a mandatory piece of equipment shortly. If you feel strongly enough that the current style of helmet does not provide you daughter with enough protection, contact somebody at Cascade and voice your concern rather than spewing your ridiculous opinion on a message board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are wearing helmets?

Did the school provide them?

Who is responsible for the decision, the coach or district administration?

How long before the first lawsuit is filed?

No parent is suing a school if they provide helmets for a team in the name of "safety" get real. Whether they are safer or not unfortunately the optics that they are safer is going to push more school districts to follow. Blame the 1st schools that did it because they are going to suck everyone down

You are correct. The girls with the helmets will not be during. The lawsuit will be from a girl who got hurt playing against a girl who was allowed to wear a helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will do more than wearing nothing at all if they get hit in the head with the ball or a stick. If you are concerned about how your daughter looks on the lacrosse field maybe she should be in beauty pageants instead of playing lacrosse. My daughter played and suffered a concussion from taking a shot to the head - and yes, she was a good player, and certainly not a "WUSS" as you so eloquently put it. It will not be a choice you need to make for you daughter much longer. It will be a mandatory piece of equipment shortly. If you feel strongly enough that the current style of helmet does not provide you daughter with enough protection, contact somebody at Cascade and voice your concern rather than spewing your ridiculous opinion on a message board.

Wrong!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's team played a team with helmets. The one thing that I noticed and I wonder if there is a cause/effect relationship, is that the team with helmets got carded several times (at least 4-5 times) for making contact with the head, and a few early that were close and not called, just called as a regular foul. My thought is, are the girls who are playing defense on a team (or this team) used to practicing against teammates with helmets, so they are not as disciplined with stick control on checks. Are they getting more free with their sticks against teammates with helmets without really knowing it, and is it possible that coaches aren't catching and correcting, because a glancing blow to a helmet doesn't get the same reaction as a bare head during practices? Just an initial thought, but it does warrant consideration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if more yellow and red cards were handed out it would change how the girls play. Now they try and charge to get FP shots, check over girls heads..

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Girls Lax has the worst officials an any sport my daughter has ever played. The non calls and lack of ejections have brought this on.

You guys must be fathers of girls that play attack. As the father of a defender, I'd say if the officials would call charges when a girl tries to power through two defenders then things wouldn't get out of hand. You know the girl, starts on the 8, doesn't look to pass and tries to beat three girls, gets stopped but then the ref calls a foul and she gets a FP. Terrible officiating, let them play some D.

It can go both ways depending on your perspective. I do agree, the officiating in girls lacrosse stinks.

I have to agree on that- the lack of charge calling is just plain silly. If you aren't going to call charges, you shouldn't be calling nonsense obstructions. Either the rules should be followed or not. The officiating is the worst- especially but tourneys where they need a huge amt of refs... quality goes even worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM

I have to agree on that- the lack of charge calling is just plain silly. If you aren't going to call charges, you shouldn't be calling nonsense obstructions. Either the rules should be followed or not. The officiating is the worst- especially but tourneys where they need a huge amt of refs... quality goes even worse.

I agree on summer refs and its worse because club teams preach rule bending and aggressive play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best move in women's lax is to stop a break by committing a foul...as long as you stop play, its a win-win..no penalty other than offense has to re-set....why more coaches don't do it constantly is curious...not try to hurt offensive player mind you, but just a little push and play stops dead...stops a bunch of fast breaks. in bball, you do something like that on a fast break, and its a foul that hurts the defense. In women's lax, aint no big deal..until refs or rules penalize crap, the game will continue to be poorly reffed and torture to watch

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best move in women's lax is to stop a break by committing a foul...as long as you stop play, its a win-win..no penalty other than offense has to re-set....why more coaches don't do it constantly is curious...not try to hurt offensive player mind you, but just a little push and play stops dead...stops a bunch of fast breaks. in bball, you do something like that on a fast break, and its a foul that hurts the defense. In women's lax, aint no big deal..until refs or rules penalize crap, the game will continue to be poorly reffed and torture to watch

totally agree it is almost unwatchable much of the time. maybe borrow from basketball the tunning violation total?? a team gets five violations a player has to go off, or a free position?

its so physical it take away from the natural athleticism some of these girls have.. just call the rule book!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree on summer refs and its worse because club teams preach rule bending and aggressive play

I've got news for you. My kid plays D1 and I'd say with no exaggeration that at least once per game, and often more frequently, the refs have to have a little confab amongst themselves to figure out a call. It's a total joke. Last year our coach literally showed a ref the rule book and the ref told her "that's not how I'm calling it today ."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone going to this Manhasset play day tomorrow? Are they actually playing 3 games?? Who the [lacrosse] thinks its a good idea to play 3 games against top competition?? These coaches don't give a rats about anyone's health out there. All about them, their egos, and winning at all costs. Sick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure I understand your rant? My daughters team is going and they can't wait a fun day where everyone gets to play and get better!! The results are meaningless just work on improvement and let everybody play. What's wrong with that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure I understand your rant? My daughters team is going and they can't wait a fun day where everyone gets to play and get better!! The results are meaningless just work on improvement and let everybody play. What's wrong with that?

Well if 3 games is good, why not let's play four or five!!! They have had lots of practice outside after all, on full fields with the nice March weather and all. Lets put the hammer down on this season!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone going to this Manhasset play day tomorrow? Are they actually playing 3 games?? Who the [lacrosse] thinks its a good idea to play 3 games against top competition?? These coaches don't give a rats about anyone's health out there. All about them, their egos, and winning at all costs. Sick

They are playing 3 35 minute scrimmages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if 3 games is good, why not let's play four or five!!! They have had lots of practice outside after all, on full fields with the nice March weather and all. Lets put the hammer down on this season!!!

No worse than travel ball. Except travel will do it two days in a row.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are a loser .Grow the f up .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are scrimmages you moron, this is a good way to build some stamina, see how the players mesh, etc.

It's also good to see how players perform at the end when they are tired. Seems like a great idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll be there today. Wearing a Tennessee Volunteers hat. Come on up to me like a man and tell me to grow up. Mister f bomb. Lets see how tough you are in person. Meat head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow real tough guy on our hands here. This is my point about the parents are to blame for the games being out of control. Idiot parents on the sidelines who are tough guys, yelling and screaming the whole game like a bunch of meatheads. Get rid of the parents and the games won't be so rough. Refs can refs, players can play without the distraction of a bunch of idiot parents

I'll be there today. Wearing a Tennessee Volunteers hat. Come on up to me like a man and tell me to grow up. Mister f bomb. Lets see how tough you are in person. Meat head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow real tough guy on our hands here. This is my point about the parents are to blame for the games being out of control. Idiot parents on the sidelines who are tough guys, yelling and screaming the whole game like a bunch of meatheads. Get rid of the parents and the games won't be so rough. Refs can refs, players can play without the distraction of a bunch of idiot parents

How long did it take you to pick out that outfit? Tough guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should take your daughter shopping instead. You can wander around the mall where it's nice and warm, get your nails done, have something to eat - a nice girls day out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks fellas, keep playing us up as the most hated parents and sideline in all of sport. Girls lax has been hijacked by clubs and idiot parents like you. soooooooo tough to root for anyone except your own kid. sad, very sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone was laughing about you! F'ing loser!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes me want to come up to the moron in the Tenn Hat and just tell him he is a moron for saying that... don't even know who's arguing, but he will be an embarrassment to his daughter when he shows up wearing that hat walking around like a tough guy. Bet ya daughter is proud, unless you verbally abused her into submission already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still shorter than an ordinary practice. Isn't this what the girls work for, a chance to play. I bet you also complain cause you daughter doesn't get into regular games. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish I would have read this earlier , the funny part is I noticed some fat jack a-- on the sideline , at first I thought it was a loud mouth women but I guess I was wrong because they were wearing a Tennessee hat. Time to start eating some salads , fake tuff guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish I would have read this earlier , the funny part is I noticed some fat jack a-- on the sideline , at first I thought it was a loud mouth women but I guess I was wrong because they were wearing a Tennessee hat. Time to start eating some salads , fake tuff guy.

Haha......I saw that clown. I know you can put your own stupid hat on, but who ties your shoes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys have no clue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys have no clue

Could we actually talk any HS lacrosse in the room? I thought GC looked very sharp. Some rust on all the teams which is understandable obviously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

totally agree it is almost unwatchable much of the time. maybe borrow from basketball the tunning violation total?? a team gets five violations a player has to go off, or a free position?

its so physical it take away from the natural athleticism some of these girls have.. just call the rule book!!!

Maybe the idiot doesn't realize if you do it in the 8, there is a free position from that spot. Learn the rules, probably one of the idiots on the sidelines always yelling at something that isn't even a foul.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the rules dbag...would rather take my chance with free position shot than have a full on one on one break distinct advantage to offensive player ....and obviously, there are spots where you want to foul and spots on field where you don't ...but any stoppage of play breaks the momentum, and net-net that's a positive for the defense. But either way, girls game has become awful with refs who have no clue and rules that have no teeth.
but to each her own....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stat padding has begun at some horrible schools. When will everyone learn to be successful you need to play as a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tell you when that happens...when some brave coach puts in Newsday under players to watch pre-season preview, "The Whole Team"..
Don't hold your breath

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the idiot doesn't realize if you do it in the 8, there is a free position from that spot. Learn the rules, probably one of the idiots on the sidelines always yelling at something that isn't even a foul.

Good teams will foul all the way down field to stop the break. Another tactic used all the time is to stop the break by going offsides while redefending. There is no penalty. They stop the break and sometimes cause turnover. If (thats a big if) the refs observe the offsides, the offending girl walks back over restraining line. Womens lax needs to take a look at some rules etc and make some changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree....if there is no penalty other than a reset of play and making defender go a few feet behind, then offense gets screwed.....how many games in travel/HS turn into refs blowing whistle all game cause there is no penalty to defense for chippy defense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good teams will foul all the way down field to stop the break. Another tactic used all the time is to stop the break by going offsides while redefending. There is no penalty. They stop the break and sometimes cause turnover. If (thats a big if) the refs observe the offsides, the offending girl walks back over restraining line. Womens lax needs to take a look at some rules etc and make some changes.

I have emailed every member of the rules committee the last few years. have actually gotten a few responses. they say things like safety is the number one concern and the cross check is an "area of emphasis" type deal. nothing has happened that I can see. they want it physical bottom line. no point hoping for anything else. but it makes it hard to watch for the fans that's for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have emailed every member of the rules committee the last few years. have actually gotten a few responses. they say things like safety is the number one concern and the cross check is an "area of emphasis" type deal. nothing has happened that I can see. they want it physical bottom line. no point hoping for anything else. but it makes it hard to watch for the fans that's for sure.

The first rule that should be enforced is charging. It gets tiring watching girls try to power through 2 and 3 defenders because they don't want to pass the ball (and attack mom is yelling "go to goal" on the sidelines). Inevitably, the refs end up calling a foul on the defender, thus reinforcing the no pass mentality. Let's start with the charging calls and go from there. Or, let the girls police it and let the D get away with a defensive cross check. Suzie won't be so quick to drive through good defense next time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first rule that should be enforced is charging. It gets tiring watching girls try to power through 2 and 3 defenders because they don't want to pass the ball (and attack mom is yelling "go to goal" on the sidelines). Inevitably, the refs end up calling a foul on the defender, thus reinforcing the no pass mentality. Let's start with the charging calls and go from there. Or, let the girls police it and let the D get away with a defensive cross check. Suzie won't be so quick to drive through good defense next time.

Stop crying and tell your daughter to get out of the way

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 214 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard