BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 79 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising Sons' training programs year round are tops in Philly. Just look at the coaching staffs and go watch a practice then maybe you haters will understand. Ultimately that's what its all about - developing skills in a positive environment. And one other thing you might want to remember - the D1 coaches agree and are recognizing the lacrosse IQ and skill of these Sons.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rising Sons' training programs year round are tops in Philly. Just look at the coaching staffs and go watch a practice then maybe you haters will understand. Ultimately that's what its all about - developing skills in a positive environment. And one other thing you might want to remember - the D1 coaches agree and are recognizing the lacrosse IQ and skill of these Sons.

Honesty is not hate, they cheated at NXT when they already had the best team...that point aside if the program is so great why is it a few years if not less from going away?
And for 3k for a 2023 the training better be great....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honesty is not hate, they cheated at NXT when they already had the best team...that point aside if the program is so great why is it a few years if not less from going away?
I believe its $2200 for 4 seasons all in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know how silly you are for making that your reference. Go look in a mirror

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read what he wrote what is silly about it? It seems to be a legit question...if the program is so great why is it folding?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read what he wrote what is silly about it? It seems to be a legit question...if the program is so great why is it folding?

Good question, I heard rising sons is the biggest daddy ball team around. King rising son didn't even play lacrosse himself, but he will be quick to tell you what an amazing coach he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so I'm guessing either you son was CUT from the sons team , or his team was beaten by a sons team for you to be so bitter. He hasn't played the game , but we I have coached against a bunch that have and that doesn't seem to matter!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does matter.

You can get away at youth lacrosse or really any youth sport having not played the game. But the level we are talking about on this forum which is elite club level you need to have played the game. Can you be an assistant, or run the box...yes. But HC or Coordinator no.

Let me put it to you this way would you take lessons from a golf pro that never played the game and couldn't break a 100....take swimming lessons from someone that would drown if thrown into the pool.... or hire a personal trainer that is grossly obese and out of shape.

Put down the pipe and stop smoking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does matter.

You can get away at youth lacrosse or really any youth sport having not played the game. But the level we are talking about on this forum which is elite club level you need to have played the game. Can you be an assistant, or run the box...yes. But HC or Coordinator no.

Let me put it to you this way would you take lessons from a golf pro that never played the game and couldn't break a 100....take swimming lessons from someone that would drown if thrown into the pool.... or hire a personal trainer that is grossly obese and out of shape.

You mean this baseball guy?

Head Coach Mike Daly has led the Tufts University Men's Lacrosse program to three NCAA Championship titles, including the last two (2014, 2015). Under his direction, the Jumbos are one of the most successful programs in the country year in and year out.Tufts has also won six consecutive New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) titles under Coach Daly. He is a three-time NESCAC Co-Coach of the Year, including 2014, 2007 and 2004.Now in his 18th season as leader of the Jumbos, Daly is the program’s all-time leader in coaching victories with a 224-80 record for a .737 winning percentage. He is among the top 10 active coaches for winning percentage and is in the top 20 for victories. Among all-time DIII coaches, he is in the top 15 for winning percentage and top 30 for wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does matter.

The Rising Sons teams are decent in PA, but they rarely (even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then) beat top programs. Heck, they have even lost to PA teams. But king son will tell you how amazing they are any chance he gets. He is the kind of cheating and a cheap shot artist. I wonder if he still has videos posted of his kid taking cheap shots as a pee wee football player, he was really into that. I wonder if his kid even still plays football?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does matter.

You mean this baseball guy?

Head Coach Mike Daly has led the Tufts University Men's Lacrosse program to three NCAA Championship titles, including the last two (2014, 2015). Under his direction, the Jumbos are one of the most successful programs in the country year in and year out.Tufts has also won six consecutive New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) titles under Coach Daly. He is a three-time NESCAC Co-Coach of the Year, including 2014, 2007 and 2004.Now in his 18th season as leader of the Jumbos, Daly is the program’s all-time leader in coaching victories with a 224-80 record for a .737 winning percentage. He is among the top 10 active coaches for winning percentage and is in the top 20 for victories. Among all-time DIII coaches, he is in the top 15 for winning percentage and top 30 for wins.

Tad you aren't really comparing yourself to the Tufts coach, are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When have the 2022's had a decent coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a mid level A player D Pole and shut Spanos down on multiple occassions. Is he good - YES, D1 - I think so BUT is he sure fire to commit in 8th grade? No. That's all the poster was saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see this all the time with average field teams - Fusion, Tristare, BBL, etc - beating teams in box that man handle them on the field. I was at NXT and Freedom 2022 one of the best 2022 in the country should have lost to Tristate and gothe smacked by MD91 - outdoor they win both easily IMO.

Box is truly different and box first programs or box heavy programs beat better teams all the time. Add to that 91 2023 is a great field team too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no problem putting one young mans name out there, so who is this mystery defender? Inquiring minds want to know. C'mon dad you know you want to brag about him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no problem putting one young mans name out there, so who is this mystery defender? Inquiring minds want to know. C'mon dad you know you want to brag about him.

Not the original poster, but the committed boy's parents are the ones that "put his name out there"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that the same MD91 team that just beat Freedom 22?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a High School coach who was recently made aware of this board I can say that this visit will be a one and done for me. Get over yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a High School coach who was recently made aware of this board I can say that this visit will be a one and done for me. Get over yourselves.

This board is the greatest thing to happen to the Philly LAX scene. Ever. Period. Get over yourself...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it won't be One and Done either...you will be back and sneak in with a pulled down baseball hat .... just like you do at the strip club that you go to...its like crack my friend...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did you think this was gonna be? Coaches talking about man up/down strategies? How to properly execute a ride? Running a gb drill for optimal coldweather warmup?
Come on man! This site is phenomenal and you'll be back. You're reading this right now contemplating weather you should reply now or after practice. Better get out to that field tho and get em ready for the season, broseph.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
take the kilt off Mary

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record that was one or two games. I personally think Spanos is a damn stud and a good kid IMO. No shade towards him.

I know my kids level and like I said mid A, kids like Spanos are AA. My point was more supporting the point that 8th grade recruiting is stupid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did say 91MD won in box? Regardless my point is that outdoors I think Freedom 22 wins - not easily shouldn't have said that so I retract that statement.

BUT my stance is the same - box first teams beat great field teams indoor often. Its just a different game that takes getting used too. Its not as easy as walk in and start a box team and dominate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it won't be One and Done either...you will be back and sneak in with a pulled down baseball hat .... just like you do at the strip club that you go to...its like crack my friend...

Absolute classic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a mid level A player D Pole and shut Spanos down on multiple occassions. Is he good - YES, D1 - I think so BUT is he sure fire to commit in 8th grade? No. That's all the poster was saying.
1. No your son didn't. 2. Yes he sure fire to commit because he did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. No your son didn't. 2. Yes he sure fire to commit because he did.

First I saw what I saw. Spanos had 1 goal over two games that I watched. Not a big thing it happens to every kid no matter how good they are. Kids like that teams plan for - should be flattered actually.

More important to clarify - no 8th grader is a "surefire" D1 player. I said sure fire commit so you used that to say "well he committed". You know damn well I what I meant and if not will spell it
Out - a lot can happen between 8th grade and College. Kids stop growing, skills don't get better, they burn out, etc so no 8th grader is a sure thing from a college perspective. Can they commit - YES but that doesn't mean they will ever play a second of meaningful college lacrosse. That's all my point was, and to be honest it wasn't really regarding Spanos at all it was meant for all the early recruiting going on.

Now like I said in another post I think he's a great player and will play college ball. So don't take it personal which you seem to be doing, probably Tad or his Dad. You should be proud he is a damn good player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did say 91MD won in box? Regardless my point is that outdoors I think Freedom 22 wins - not easily shouldn't have said that so I retract that statement.

BUT my stance is the same - box first teams beat great field teams indoor often. Its just a different game that takes getting used too. Its not as easy as walk in and start a box team and dominate.

Freedom '22 just got spanked by Annapolis Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
per usual...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freedom '22 just got spanked by Annapolis Hawks.

I heard that down at Homewood Havoc - though that is irrelevant to what I posted. I know some Freedom guys and they have upmost respect for Annapolis Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whose your Daddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with the mighty Malvern Prep? Seems like what was supposed to be a National power house isn't even a power house in its own league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with the mighty Malvern Prep? Seems like what was supposed to be a National power house isn't even a power house in its own league

Well, they would be having a better year if they moved some of the freshmen up, they have some really good ones who could have helped this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder who put out this comment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First Fall tryout dates set and published

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are 'Penn State"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are 'Penn State"
Nope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hear those lions roar!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hear those lions roar!

no doubt...who else would think a few 14 year old's playing against 18/19 year old's would really make that big a difference. We are not talking about Matt Moore...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse just ranked Brotherly Love #7 U13 Team in the country. For a club that has been around for three years very impressive. Good luck to you guys. Don't see you breaking into the semis unfortunately or having a prayer chance to beat some of those teams but just to make the list. Kudos.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 79 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard