BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 214 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
and how long until the head coach at UNC finds out she was kicked out of SA, and finds out the reasons why.. i would imagine she would not want kind of player on her team.

Have no dog in this fight, don;t even know the kid in question. But OMG shut up already. This is a young kid if you have a comment comment on your own kid. Stop the threats UNC coaches are big girls and know what is going on with all of their recruits. Leave it alone. You sound like an awful and very jealous parent.

I am sure Phil and Josh will disagree with you especially the part about being big girls . That said I doubt they have any idea what's going on , why would they . That said if they knew they may pull their verbal these coaches make a good living and a player w disciplinary problems is the fastest way to lose that cushy job. Have no idea what this kid has done or not done so really just talking in general.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What college teams are doing Lake Placid this year!!??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is BC commit on SA, Better attitude than NC commit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was she named as a player to watch in the Massapequa Newsday blurb?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is BC commit on SA, Better attitude than NC commit?

apples and oranges for both attitude and ability comparisons

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
False. There is no game on the SA schedule versus Massapeq.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No such game on schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always thought pre season scrimmages were used to look at the entire roster, this way when you never see the field during the season the coach has the answer that your scrimmage play wasn't up to game play standards. Am I wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you just didn't compare her to MJ did you??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a non-league game. What is so difficult to understand - ref's, scoreboard etc and teams play to win. Only non-league and league results are posted, not scrimmages.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is in the class of 2033 and i was wondering if she can try out for our high school team. She has talent possibly maryland or unc type. She really is not athletic but boy can she play lacrosse. She use to play defense but i noticed that the defenders only touch the ball like 20 seconds a game and usually they dump it to the goalie. Kind of like spectators on the field,running around yelling ball all game. I am teaching her faceoffs hopeing she wins them and runs down the field and shoots. That seems to be the most exciting position. Anyway to get back to my question is she to young for high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cushy job? Do you have any idea the time away from home these coaches spend on the road for games and recruiting??? Or the hours they put in working with admissions, fund raising, coaching, mentoring etc. the two hours on the field is like a lunch break... Practice in inclement weather. Early practices and conditioning... You are clueless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches relative picked as a Newsday top 100, such an embarrassment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cushy job? Do you have any idea the time away from home these coaches spend on the road for games and recruiting??? Or the hours they put in working with admissions, fund raising, coaching, mentoring etc. the two hours on the field is like a lunch break... Practice in inclement weather. Early practices and conditioning... You are clueless.

Beats the LIRR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beats the LIRR

On or close brother. On or close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No such game on schedule.

Let the stat padding begin in those blowout games...first week of the season smh...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LAX for the Cure Individual Showcase (2020 & 2021)- money grab ?? Anyone attended in past ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the first award for poor sportsmanship goes to North Babylon . The AD, the coach , the parents , the kid should all be embarrassed of themselves . You beat a team in the first varsity game in their programs history 19-1 but that's not what's bad . You have some ball hog barely average player score 9 goals and 5 assists against essentially a JV team , congrats mom and dad now you realize why no one wants to play on the same team , you must be so proud .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every coach does that. We have an idiot who subs out full lines if there is a 5 goal lead. Tells top scorers "no more than 8 points a game" or its bad sportsmanship- I'm totally serious. No cuts in our district and if girls are lucky they have an 90 minute practice. Just doesn't care, yet questions moral of team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the first award for poor sportsmanship goes to North Babylon . The AD, the coach , the parents , the kid should all be embarrassed of themselves . You beat a team in the first varsity game in their programs history 19-1 but that's not what's bad . You have some ball hog barely average player score 9 goals and 5 assists against essentially a JV team , congrats mom and dad now you realize why no one wants to play on the same team , you must be so proud .

North Babylon will be on the receiving end of some of those beatings too this year. They will know exactly how Port Jefferson felt today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every coach does that. We have an idiot who subs out full lines if there is a 5 goal lead. Tells top scorers "no more than 8 points a game" or its bad sportsmanship- I'm totally serious. No cuts in our district and if girls are lucky they have an 90 minute practice. Just doesn't care, yet questions moral of team.

Is this sarcasm (I hope)??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like a level headed individual with some priorities and understands this is just a game Fokker. 8 points?? that so unreasonable??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know everyone on Carolina never got into trouble or made a mistake. Kid can play and that's what matters.

In 1980, Michael Jordan was suspended from school for taking a test with his tongue out. UNC honored their verbal.......and the rest is history.

stupid comment. apples and oranges. watch any March Madness in your lifetime?? big money at stake

we're streaming games on laptops while there's 30 fans in the stands watching... wake up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second the dumb program who let a kid score 9 goals and 5 assists against a new program. Agree 100% that the AD and coach should get some backlash from sectionx1. What the [lacrosse] is wrong with people - are they that stupid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North Babylon will be on the receiving end of some of those beatings too this year. They will know exactly how Port Jefferson felt today.
. She's just doing what she was taught. It's the yellow jacket away. Beat up on teams by an 18 goal margin and let one kid get 14 points

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always thought pre season scrimmages were used to look at the entire roster, this way when you never see the field during the season the coach has the answer that your scrimmage play wasn't up to game play standards. Am I wrong?

Yes. Pre-season scrimmages are to fine tune in game situations for the games that count. The coach has previous seasons, summer league, winter league, open gyms, practice, etc., etc. to evaluate talent and determine who is going to play. There might be 1 or 2 positions that come down to a 50/50 decision between 2 girls, but any coach who has been paying attention should have a pretty good idea of his or her lineup well before the first scrimmage. More girls are likely to play during a scrimmage, but it's usually not to evaluate talent, just to give them a chance to see some game action or to give the regulars a break. (And no, my daughter is not one of the superstars, just being realistic.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know everyone on Carolina never got into trouble or made a mistake. Kid can play and that's what matters.

In 1980, Michael Jordan was suspended from school for taking a test with his tongue out. UNC honored their verbal.......and the rest is history.

stupid comment. apples and oranges. watch any March Madness in your lifetime?? big money at stake

we're streaming games on laptops while there's 30 fans in the stands watching... wake up

What the heck are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our V coach does the same thing.
If you score too much she takes you out if our lead is more than 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching is just plain weak. We have a coach who didn't sub in a scrimmage. And people wonder why the sport has issues. It's the haves and the have not's. People just look out for themselves. This stopped being a team game years ago. 19-1? Give me a break! But there will be the apologists that will say its not their fault that the other team cant keep up. I will concede that point but 14 points by someone? Take her out. Make her paly defense or tell het she has to get everyone else on the team a goal before she can shoot again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like a level headed individual with some priorities and understands this is just a game Fokker. 8 points?? that so unreasonable??

I was thinking the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to take your foot off the gas coach!!
Feel bad for the girls at practice today......you know they're running some extra sprints since they didn't get the shutout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching is just plain weak. We have a coach who didn't sub in a scrimmage. And people wonder why the sport has issues. It's the haves and the have not's. People just look out for themselves. This stopped being a team game years ago. 19-1? Give me a break! But there will be the apologists that will say its not their fault that the other team cant keep up. I will concede that point but 14 points by someone? Take her out. Make her paly defense or tell het she has to get everyone else on the team a goal before she can shoot again

I completely agree. My daughter's coaches are complete idiots. The head coach knows nothing about the sport. He never played boys lacrosse and doesn't understand the nuances of the girls game at all. They run the same play over and over and over and over and expect results. It's pure lunacy. There is no subbing at all. The team has 9 or 10 girls already that will be playing college ball and the team will be lucky to win 2 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope they can be consistent with that level of scoring against other schools! That present a much greater challenge or that will look really sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was thinking the same thing.

Sounds like a Travel moms original post me me me . Getting the TEAM INVOLVED in games you are up big and trying to foster a team game by not having the same kid score 10 goals seems like a pretty good try by the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jackass.....it was a joke. Did you really fall for the "taking a test with his tongue out"? Are you the same guy that fell for the banana in the tailpipe? You need a timeout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the heck are you talking about?

the point is don't compare a mega star in a profitable sport to some gum chewer from LI club sports. if they had known how big MJ would get he could have taken a test with something else hanging out and Dean Smith wouldn't have cared.

stars get special treatment. the way of the world..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jackass.....it was a joke. Did you really fall for the "taking a test with his tongue out"? Are you the same guy that fell for the banana in the tailpipe? You need a timeout.

stop posting. you'll ruin the resolution on your webcast. maybe you can listen on the college radio station..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop posting. you'll ruin the resolution on your webcast. maybe you can listen on the college radio station..

heard the new on about UNC basketball players getting credit for being in Sweet 16.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC 8 Port Wash 5

Like Reply Quote
A