BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 313 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a St. Mary's v Dematha scrimmage too. Any updates from that?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play on JV or ride the bench on Varsity for a D1 commit. I think the choice is obvious - play. Most of the MIAA schools are stacked with talent - just because you are good Freshman commit it doesn't mean that there are not quality players in 10th-12th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Marys 17-4 over DeMatha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon lost 9-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon lost to McDonogh 9-7

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any early reads on the new head coaches at Prep, SSSA, SJC, St Albans, DJO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

17-4 and it wasn't that close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

17-4 and it wasn't that close.

That is a beat down. Down year for DeMatha?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA schools are not part of DMV, which is D.C. Area.

Montgomery and Prince George's are only MD counties in DMV. All of DC and NoVa included too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Andrews should be solid this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DJO beat DeMatha in overtime - first time in 27 years so I would say a new era has begun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is GC going to get rid of Durkin?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Montgomery and Prince George's are only MD counties in DMV. All of DC and NoVa included too

Both DC and Balt area claim Howard County.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither claim the Hoco Flamingos. Howard County can have them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DJO beat DeMatha in overtime - first time in 27 years so I would say a new era has begun

DeMatha has been terrible for years and this year is no different. Good win for O'Connell, but think about who they were playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimoron, you can have 'em!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dematha has been to the MIAA championship 9 times over the past 12 years, they haven't "been terrible for years", just cause their football team beat down McDonough and every other team in the mid Atlantic, doesn't mean you have to get your head up your tush about their lacrosse team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dematha has been to the MIAA championship 9 times over the past 12 years, they haven't "been terrible for years", just cause their football team beat down McDonough and every other team in the mid Atlantic, doesn't mean you have to get your head up your tush about their lacrosse team

MIAA ?? Little sensitive there Francis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone watch college lacrosse anymore? These games on ESPN show 50 people in stands. Wassup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you mean the WCAC Championship...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Occasionally I go see my nephew play at Fairfield, if there are 50 people in the stands i would be surprised. when the weather gets warmer they get a few more students out-- forget about watching games on ESPN, the announcers make it very difficult to watch. McAnaney was the only guy i could stomach but he is gone, the others are terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn is in the USA Today top 25 now, you all are sleeping on them. Hill Academy almost lost their past 3 games, still exited for more from them even though it's not a MD team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask why your excited for Hill Academy? A P.G. school (with previous holdbacks) pretending to be a high school team, beating MIAA high school teams is exciting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask why your excited for Hill Academy? A P.G. school (with previous holdbacks) pretending to be a high school team, beating MIAA high school teams is exciting?

The Hill Academy is a great Canadian team that travels to play the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm....College age kids playing HS kids. That's something to be proud of ?? You cant be serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm....College age kids playing HS kids. That's something to be proud of ?? You cant be serious.

EXACTLY. Sad part is he probably is serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Canadian holdbacks playing against the Baltimore holdbacks - what is so unsettling about that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Canadian holdbacks playing against the Baltimore holdbacks - what is so unsettling about that?

That's true........missed that one. good point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly close. Some Baltimore teams have some one year holdbacks on their roster, can range anywhere from 2 to about 6, on a total roster of about 22-25 players. Hill Academy players are, for the most part 2 years older than Baltimore teams. Most all of their roster have players that are a one year holdback and now are doing a PG year at Hill. So it is not even close to being equal. I would bet some of their players are 20 years old or close to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I strongly agree with you! But, whenever someone complains about the holdbacks the most common response is that is does not matter now that they are all in high school! You cannot have it both ways - snowflake! There are many more than 2 - 6 per roster!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those games are great competition for early season before the conference games pick up. You always want to play the best teams possible. Not like this team is competing for MIAA standing, so who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I strongly agree with you! But, whenever someone complains about the holdbacks the most common response is that is does not matter now that they are all in high school! You cannot have it both ways - snowflake! There are many more than 2 - 6 per roster!

Snowflake? Really, snowflake. How old are you, probably 10 or 11 and you are probably a girl talking like that.
I personally don't give a rats a*s if you agree with me or not, your weak pathetic opinion means nothing to me. And for your comment about the number on rosters, you are again wrong, that is about the average number on many club teams, just depends on the team as to the number. How's the weather in Canada?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa! I was being sarcastic about the snowflake comment! I was making light of the current in vogue response by the pre-first / holdback defenders. I found it comical that a MIAA parent would call out another team's overage kids. So you are saying age does matter? Please convey that to your cohorts! MD / public school attendee!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly close. Some Baltimore teams have some one year holdbacks on their roster, can range anywhere from 2 to about 6, on a total roster of about 22-25 players. Hill Academy players are, for the most part 2 years older than Baltimore teams. Most all of their roster have players that are a one year holdback and now are doing a PG year at Hill. So it is not even close to being equal. I would bet some of their players are 20 years old or close to it.

There are more than 6 holdbacks on many Baltimore MIAA teams. There might not be 6 playing as HS seniors instead of Freshman in College, but there are many more holdbacks from 9th thru 11th. If you think otherwise your child must have graduated over 5-10 years ago. The new norm and getting stronger is the amount of kids heldback on teams..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like 2 - 6 kids per graduating class than for the entire roster!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is doing a PG year at The Hill Academy this year. Guess what, he turned 18 this past fall. He said there is one player on the team that is 19. Sorry this information doesn't fit into your paradigm. The team is good due to dedicated professional coaching and very driven players, not because the players are older.

Here is a great article:
http://www.si.com/edge/2016/05/04/the-hill-academy-lacrosse-canada-high-school-brodie-merrill

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game tomorrow at Landon: Brunswick (Conn) comes down with 17 D1 commits. Both teams considered top 5 or 10 in country and weather looks great. Kudos to both coaches for scheduling this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is doing a PG year at The Hill Academy this year. Guess what, he turned 18 this past fall. He said there is one player on the team that is 19. Sorry this information doesn't fit into your paradigm. The team is good due to dedicated professional coaching and very driven players, not because the players are older.

Here is a great article:
http://www.si.com/edge/2016/05/04/the-hill-academy-lacrosse-canada-high-school-brodie-merrill

May I ask why your son is doing a PG year? Is it for academics or to further enhance his game? If for academics, I applaud you forgiving your son the opportunity to gain and grow in the academic world. If for game enhancement, will the payback be worth the cost, I know the Hill Academy is expensive. My son is a hs freshman, does ok in school but I wish his grades were at a higher level and if they remain at this level a PG year may help him. He tries hard and is focused on his school work, just takes him a little longer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is a great article:

I'm sure the rigorous 4 hours of class a day are really helping his academics. This article shows all that is wrong with places like Hill Academy. Single sport focus year round "A stick in their hands every day" and Sports practice until noon then class from noon to 4:00? Just call it a sports academy, not a school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is a great article:

I'm sure the rigorous 4 hours of class a day are really helping his academics. This article shows all that is wrong with places like Hill Academy. Single sport focus year round "A stick in their hands every day" and Sports practice until noon then class from noon to 4:00? Just call it a sports academy, not a school

It is a sports school for sure but does have some academics. Set up as the owners say " in a college mode" .. Just what I want my 9th grade 14 year old to be. A college Freshman.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 313 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard