BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 32 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guys all anyone is saying here is that PAL has been around forever. There are apps and computer programs that streamline the scheduling process. It just seems crazy that a week or two away and parents can't plan out their weekends. We all have multiple children, with numerous activities going on. The more notice, the more its appreciated by us. The old days of playing local sports down the block and walking to and from the field are long gone. Now, we drive all over for practices, games, and clinics. The sooner the schedules could be "posted" someone the better for us. Thank you! Honestly, thank you for helping out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
guys all anyone is saying here is that PAL has been around forever. There are apps and computer programs that streamline the scheduling process. It just seems crazy that a week or two away and parents can't plan out their weekends. We all have multiple children, with numerous activities going on. The more notice, the more its appreciated by us. The old days of playing local sports down the block and walking to and from the field are long gone. Now, we drive all over for practices, games, and clinics. The sooner the schedules could be "posted" someone the better for us. Thank you! Honestly, thank you for helping out.

No, that is NOT what is being said. What is being said/implied is that PAL is unscrupulous with the finances. That was what the poster wrote, as well as the "non for profit" BS statement. Schedules are worked around field usage (High School, JV, Freshman girls and boys), as well as coaches work schedules, and a slew of other scheduling nightmares. To simplify it means you have not lived it. The poster was way off base, he implied that a great organization like PAL is "corrupt" for lack of a better term. He can look at the books at any time, it's public record. He's a moron who sits on his a$$ and criticizes others. Get a whistle and get in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the main problem some towns as of last night did not send in their schedules. So a couple of Towns hold up the schedule for everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just block off every Sunday from now until the end of May as "Lacrosse" and you're done. That's what we do. Makes life simple. It's lacrosse season!!!! Woot! Woot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the main problem some towns as of last night did not send in their schedules. So a couple of Towns hold up the schedule for everyone else.

send in your schedules or else get what we give you period! Your time has lapsed!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

send in your schedules or else get what we give you period! Your time has lapsed!

Except when the team doesn't show up because the coaches had a conflict, such as work or family obligations then the day is truly wasted. Because unless the salary structure has changed since I coached PAL, I'm not losing money or family events. So, probably best to take care of the guys who wear the whistle first, the parents second, for those parents who don't like it, ask to take over the team. It's a truly difficult task to coach these teams, parents who don't coach don't realize it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, that is NOT what is being said. What is being said/implied is that PAL is unscrupulous with the finances. That was what the poster wrote, as well as the "non for profit" BS statement. Schedules are worked around field usage (High School, JV, Freshman girls and boys), as well as coaches work schedules, and a slew of other scheduling nightmares. To simplify it means you have not lived it. The poster was way off base, he implied that a great organization like PAL is "corrupt" for lack of a better term. He can look at the books at any time, it's public record. He's a moron who sits on his a$$ and criticizes others. Get a whistle and get in the game.

Crooks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crooks.

PAL? Crooks? You must own a club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All kids from Sachem? Haha. Just like the travel team. Go in under Sachem and you have kids from all over. Hysterical

Yep. Unfortunately, the S in SYAG stands for Shady. They are constantly bringing in help. They play town teams with 4 extra outsiders on their team. The district is tremendous, yet they still can't enter a tournament without cheating. It's they way it is with those guys, but hey, this is sachem we're talking about. What did we expect?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's a non for profit?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All kids from Sachem? Haha. Just like the travel team. Go in under Sachem and you have kids from all over. Hysterical

The only qualifiers to play for Sachem are 1) The parents need to be related and 2) They can't have all of their teeth. If both are true, your boy can play for Sachem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that before sachem and no teeth ? What does that mean ? Where are you from ? The same [lacrosse] Long Island town like everyone else ? The safe dirty trash roads , same vacant store fronts in shopping centers like everywhere on Long Island. The same drug problem schools ? Where are you from that rest Island doesn't have ? I'm not from sachem but live south of it in sayville and really no difference. Have a lot of friends and good people in the Sachem district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny it those guys enter a travel Tournament and win they are cheating, they enter a town Tournament and win they are cheating. I guess they really never can win in the long run. And really what do they win a tshirts they already paid to much for. Dam cheaters!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG 6th grade lost 2x to Oyster Bay 6th in the Hub tourney this weekend. Which team was that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just block off every Sunday from now until the end of May as "Lacrosse" and you're done. That's what we do. Makes life simple. It's lacrosse season!!!! Woot! Woot!

Agreed.Too much square rooting going on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, the two town programs within Sachem do nothing positive to help the development of players. Two summers ago SYAG football had to come over the SSC because the program was poorly run and now SSC football has one of the best program offerings on Long Island. I'll bet Sachem has more kids (boys & girls) playing more football than any district on the island. The SSC Board had the vision to add flag two years ago and it far exceeded expectations. Hopefully, lacrosse can take a similar path in the district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HaHaHa.. You must be on SSc payroll.
In my opinion, the two town programs within Sachem do nothing positive to help the development of players. Two summers ago SYAG football had to come over the SSC because the program was poorly run and now SSC football has one of the best program offerings on Long Island. I'll bet Sachem has more kids (boys & girls) playing more football than any district on the island. The SSC Board had the vision to add flag two years ago and it far exceeded expectations. Hopefully, lacrosse can take a similar path in the district.

HaHaHa.. You must be on SSc payroll. Oh wait they don't take any money, yeah right!! They are as crooked as their teeth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that before sachem and no teeth ? What does that mean ? Where are you from ? The same [lacrosse] Long Island town like everyone else ? The safe dirty trash roads , same vacant store fronts in shopping centers like everywhere on Long Island. The same drug problem schools ? Where are you from that rest Island doesn't have ? I'm not from sachem but live south of it in sayville and really no difference. Have a lot of friends and good people in the Sachem district.

I agree Sachem seems nice to me. I have friends out that way. Sayville is nice as well. Some people on here are just turds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow - way to paint the whole of LI - Nassau and Suffolk with a broad brush that doesn't reflect reality. There are plenty of communities in Nassau that are a far cry from what you portray - maybe that's all of Suffolk, but I doubt it, even there. Moron!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I heard that before sachem and no teeth ? What does that mean ? Where are you from ? The same [lacrosse] Long Island town like everyone else ? The safe dirty trash roads , same vacant store fronts in shopping centers like everywhere on Long Island. The same drug problem schools ? Where are you from that rest Island doesn't have ? I'm not from sachem but live south of it in sayville and really no difference. Have a lot of friends and good people in the Sachem district.

Wow - way to paint the whole of LI - Nassau and Suffolk with a broad brush that doesn't reflect reality. There are plenty of communities in Nassau that are a far cry from what you portray - maybe that's all of Suffolk, but I doubt it, even there. Moron!

Wow what are you a high class hillbilly. You must have 10 of your teeth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I heard that before sachem and no teeth ? What does that mean ? Where are you from ? The same [lacrosse] Long Island town like everyone else ? The safe dirty trash roads , same vacant store fronts in shopping centers like everywhere on Long Island. The same drug problem schools ? Where are you from that rest Island doesn't have ? I'm not from sachem but live south of it in sayville and really no difference. Have a lot of friends and good people in the Sachem district.

Wow what are you a high class hillbilly. You must have 10 of your teeth

Don't even go there - there's an entire swath of the north shore of Nassau (and even into Suffolk!) where you could easily poke fun for entirely different reasons, but they are the complete "opposite" what you are implying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not here to battle what town is better I travel all over LI for work , yes beautiful spots on the Gold Coast of LI in Suffolk and Nassau . Then what the traffic jams towns in Nassau off the SSP . Those areas are crap. Every 6 miles new town with a different school district. Trash on the roads like everywhere else. JMO long islanders are slobs. Throw same 7-11 cup out the window from st.james to to massapequa to queens border up to syosset. SLOBS !! So for you to say no teeth / sleeping with sister totally untrue. I can tell you a Sachem / Connetqout kids are hard working kids from parents that are teachers Cops Fireman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not here to battle what town is better I travel all over LI for work , yes beautiful spots on the Gold Coast of LI in Suffolk and Nassau . Then what the traffic jams towns in Nassau off the SSP . Those areas are crap. Every 6 miles new town with a different school district. Trash on the roads like everywhere else. JMO long islanders are slobs. Throw same 7-11 cup out the window from st.james to to massapequa to queens border up to syosset. SLOBS !! So for you to say no teeth / sleeping with sister totally untrue. I can tell you a Sachem / Connetqout kids are hard working kids from parents that are teachers Cops Fireman.

Hat to be rude, but your post made little sense, I assume you are posting on a phone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the only SYAG 6th Grade team in Sachem. The team where they kicked out their defensive coach for "not bringing the defense up to par"...unreal those guys. Bad news travel fast in the PAL League. And then they asked him to step down as director? Unreal. You give your time to kids and you get kicked out as a volunteer. Looks like that worked out for them. The kids always suffer because the parents think they are getting their kids a D1 scholarship. It's comical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL guys do a great job. If you can do better donate your time and stop the BS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hillbillies, bad teeth, vacant store fronts, what the [lacrosse] does any of that have to do with lax, bashing the town where kids live truly pathetic, let the kids play without all the BS parent's bring to the mix, in the end the better programs will come out on top if I wanted to read classless posts by classless parents I'd be checking out the club postings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hillbillies, bad teeth, vacant store fronts, what the [lacrosse] does any of that have to do with lax, bashing the town where kids live truly pathetic, let the kids play without all the BS parent's bring to the mix, in the end the better programs will come out on top if I wanted to read classless posts by classless parents I'd be checking out the club postings

This has to be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen. I bet you're a proud Sachem alum. Club lax is probably out of your price range skippy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U just proved the guys point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting crazy. My first PAL game in a week and I don't have a game time. It is that hard?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting crazy. My first PAL game in a week and I don't have a game time. It is that hard?

You play games on Wednesday? Chances are your game will be one week from Sunday between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing as last year, so why are you so surprised? Blame the few towns that haven't submitted their info to PAL yet. And, lastly, figure your Sundays through the one after Memorial Day (except Easter and Mem Day weekend) are shot, and you can't go wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HaHaHa.. You must be on SSc payroll. Oh wait they don't take any money, yeah right!! They are as crooked as their teeth.

Half their travel team isn't from Sachem. They shouldn't be allowed to play in PAL against true town teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half their travel team isn't from Sachem. They shouldn't be allowed to play in PAL against true town teams.

Travel team doesn't play in PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing as last year, so why are you so surprised? Blame the few towns that haven't submitted their info to PAL yet. And, lastly, figure your Sundays through the one after Memorial Day (except Easter and Mem Day weekend) are shot, and you can't go wrong!

Easter is going to push the PAL season into June this year.
Each team has 8 games, right? 6/4 will be your last game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You play games on Wednesday? Chances are your game will be one week from Sunday between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.

you're a dork! Chances are you lead a lonely life and negativity makes you feel special.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easter is going to push the PAL season into June this year.
Each team has 8 games, right? 6/4 will be your last game.

Yes - the Sunday after Memorial Day weekend . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, enough already, if the towns don't get it in on the deadline, they get what they get. What is so hard? Distribute the damn schedules already. Its not unreasonable. As far as clear your whole sunday for the next two months....people do have lives, be considerate of everyone else in this league. The few teams that can't get their crap together, well, too bad! enough already!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, enough already, if the towns don't get it in on the deadline, they get what they get. What is so hard? Distribute the damn schedules already. Its not unreasonable. As far as clear your whole sunday for the next two months....people do have lives, be considerate of everyone else in this league. The few teams that can't get their crap together, well, too bad! enough already!

What do you guys not understand.... PAL can't just say you get what you get. PAL doesn't control the fields to put out a master schedule. They need the input back from each local group so they can put out a schedule.

And if they just sent you a date/time, you'll be the first one on hear complaining that it isn't fair. We're 10 days out from getting the season started...... RELAX. If this were next Wednesday/Thursday and it still isn't out, then you can complain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk PAL schedule is up. Didn't check Nassau though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you guys not understand.... PAL can't just say you get what you get. PAL doesn't control the fields to put out a master schedule. They need the input back from each local group so they can put out a schedule.

And if they just sent you a date/time, you'll be the first one on hear complaining that it isn't fair. We're 10 days out from getting the season started...... RELAX. If this were next Wednesday/Thursday and it still isn't out, then you can complain

Exactly - when you have two less games because those teams that "get what they get" don't show up, tell me how thrilled you were that you had your schedule for week 1 sooner! Let's repeat: the last two or three years, you only get the week 1 schedule at first anyway - the remainder of the schedule will come out sometime early the second week.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 32 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard