Fall Showcases are Now Open - First up is the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase for Boys & Girls | Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,205
Posts346,856
Members2,497
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 111 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The current Freshman team has 48 players. This includes 4 goalies.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the talent this year

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The current Freshman team has 48 players. This includes 4 goalies.

JV??
Varsity??

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freshman

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Freshman

what about the numbers on JV and varsity

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Freshman

what about the numbers on JV and varsity


Which team did your son make?

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Made JV but we decided that he was better off with his freshmen classmates.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
Joined: Jun 2011
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Jun 2011
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Made JV but we decided that he was better off with his freshmen classmates.


LMAO!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laughing because you are calling BS on declining a JV position for a 9th grader or laughing because a JV position is not worth very much?

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they have any scrimmages set

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Made JV but we decided that he was better off with his freshmen classmates.


LMAO!!!!

That is a JOKE! They don't ask and you decline.
Keep telling yourself that!
Not more than 2 went up to JV.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only one moved up to JV

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Made JV but we decided that he was better off with his freshmen classmates.


LMAO!!!!

That is a JOKE! They don't ask and you decline.
Keep telling yourself that!
Not more than 2 went up to JV.


Is that because of a new rule, dealing with age and dare I say Holdback. I say new because each year they have 2/3 holdbacks..

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If KB, SJB or Doms got 1/4 of the quality kids that are sitting on the Chammy or St Anthonys benches I know some coaches that would be taking a few antacids before their games. It's time to change the transfer rules and have a competitive Catholic League.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If KB, SJB or Doms got 1/4 of the quality kids that are sitting on the Chammy or St Anthonys benches I know some coaches that would be taking a few antacids before their games. It's time to change the transfer rules and have a competitive Catholic League.


What is the rule and how does changing the rule make anything competitive. The better players wont leave. As you say the " bench players " would be those changing.

If the better players would go from the start that would help. Remember that they used to say St Dom's had a shot don't snooze on KB. I'm still amazed why SJB doesn't have a quality team I keep hearing Chm and SA JV could beat them. How true would that be?

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love how GC will play St. Anthony's and Kellenberg but refuses to play Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the Varsity did at their scrimmage against Smithton East?

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know how the Varsity did at their scrimmage against Smithton East?


I think 6-4 against Syossett and 3-3 against SE. Same old Chaminade. Terrible offense. Slow moving - everyone afraid to make a mistake. Takes 45 seconds to sub. The coaching is TERRIBLE. Awful lacrosse...

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because sophomores go back to Chaminade or St Anthonys thinking they will eventually crack the starting lineup. When they find out they never will, oops, even though you've never played a varsity game, they make you sit out a year if you want to transfer to another Catholic school. How many parents know that? We didn't. My son would have started at SJB and still been committed to the D-1 school he's attending.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Love how GC will play St. Anthony's and Kellenberg but refuses to play Chaminade.



Chaminade sucks.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Love how GC will play St. Anthony's and Kellenberg but refuses to play Chaminade.



Who told you they refused?

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade refused to play GC, you have it backwards.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Because sophomores go back to Chaminade or St Anthonys thinking they will eventually crack the starting lineup. When they find out they never will, oops, even though you've never played a varsity game, they make you sit out a year if you want to transfer to another Catholic school. How many parents know that? We didn't. My son would have started at SJB and still been committed to the D-1 school he's attending.


what are you talking about?

Many of the 1st and 2nd string lacrosse parents know that there is a "sit out" rule when you attend Chaminade or St. Anthony's and want to transfer after your first year. I too, dont understand their rule if you didnt play Varisty why you still have to sit out. Do the catholics have a rule, if you played on varisty and you transfer in you have to play varsity.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade refused to play GC, you have it backwards.

No! Not wrong Garden City wouldn't play Chaminade!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Because sophomores go back to Chaminade or St Anthonys thinking they will eventually crack the starting lineup. When they find out they never will, oops, even though you've never played a varsity game, they make you sit out a year if you want to transfer to another Catholic school. How many parents know that? We didn't. My son would have started at SJB and still been committed to the D-1 school he's attending.


what are you talking about?

Many of the 1st and 2nd string lacrosse parents know that there is a "sit out" rule when you attend Chaminade or St. Anthony's and want to transfer after your first year. I too, dont understand their rule if you didnt play Varisty why you still have to sit out. Do the catholics have a rule, if you played on varisty and you transfer in you have to play varsity.


The rule is in place to prevent recruiting. If you transfer within your district there is no sit out rule. It is a NYS Education Department rule, not a public or catholic school rule.For example a kid who lives in Syosset but played at St. Dom's in 2016. He then transfers to Syosset and can play in 2017 for Syosset. Or a St. Anthony's player who lives in Huntington Station can play at Walt Whitman without sitting out a season.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade refused to play GC, you have it backwards.

No! Not wrong Garden City wouldn't play Chaminade!


Yes! Right, Chaminade REFUSED to play GC. I know this as a fact.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep telling yourself that. Would be the biggest crowd for a game on LI. Chaminade would crush GC and then all the excuses would comeout.
Wish they would play so every Chaminade kid would get playing time.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep telling yourself that. Would be the biggest crowd for a game on LI. Chaminade would crush GC and then all the excuses would comeout.
Wish they would play so every Chaminade kid would get playing time.


Crush is an understatement. Pulverize is more like it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep telling yourself that. Would be the biggest crowd for a game on LI. Chaminade would crush GC and then all the excuses would comeout.
Wish they would play so every Chaminade kid would get playing time.


Crush is an understatement. Pulverize is more like it.



St. Anthony's would beat both of you.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask the Chaminade coach, then see who is telling stories. I know for a fact, Flyers said no.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC played STA on Saturday and held their own quite nicely....

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade refused to play GC, fact!! They don't want to be exposed.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep telling yourself that. Would be the biggest crowd for a game on LI. Chaminade would crush GC and then all the excuses would comeout.
Wish they would play so every Chaminade kid would get playing time.


Crush is an understatement. Pulverize is more like it.


If one of the teams would get crushed why would it be the biggest game on LI. Personally, I think this years WM SE game has a bigger draw. Maybe Pequa Syo. and of course your Woodstick. Come to think about it Ill probably check out the Chammy Pequa this week game before i would have went to a GC Chammy game.

Not sure many outside of GC really care about that game. From the sounds of it (and I dont know anything but what is spewed here) sounds like it means nothing to Chammy so they passed on it. Like, yeah, no big deal thanks but no thanks. I am more sorry to see the WI Chammy games gone, outside of last year, those were some great games. Although WI lost the last few meetings, i think that game helped WI right the ship for their season. Not sure WI will get that from the northport or Daler games.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep telling yourself that. Would be the biggest crowd for a game on LI. Chaminade would crush GC and then all the excuses would comeout.
Wish they would play so every Chaminade kid would get playing time.


Crush is an understatement. Pulverize is more like it.


If one of the teams would get crushed why would it be the biggest game on LI. Personally, I think this years WM SE game has a bigger draw. Maybe Pequa Syo. and of course your Woodstick. Come to think about it Ill probably check out the Chammy Pequa this week game before i would have went to a GC Chammy game.

Not sure many outside of GC really care about that game. From the sounds of it (and I dont know anything but what is spewed here) sounds like it means nothing to Chammy so they passed on it. Like, yeah, no big deal thanks but no thanks. I am more sorry to see the WI Chammy games gone, outside of last year, those were some great games. Although WI lost the last few meetings, i think that game helped WI right the ship for their season. Not sure WI will get that from the northport or Daler games.


No, Chaminade did not want to play GC, that is a fact. The original poster knows it too, hence posting the other nonsense about GC not wanting to play Chammy. Nice try, can't alter facts.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC doesn't want to play Chaminade because they dont want to do anything to draw attention to Chaminade or create a legitimate rivalry. Each year they lose several good players to Chaminade and the more they try to make Chaminade irrelevant the less likely (they think) kids will leave GC. The last thing they want is to lose to them, I can promise you, but it is really more about just not showcasing Chaminade in front of future players.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What nonsense, showcasing Chaminade, in case you didn't know every kid and parent in GC knows all about Chaminade. Hardly need a lacrosse game to showcase it. The reason Chaminade didn't want to play GC is because they have too much to lose. GC isn't even ranked, but the team is good. They beat Chaminade and it's a great year. Chaminade loses to GC and the year is ruined. Fact, Chaminade refused to play GC. Ask the coach!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flyers vs WM who's winning ?

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't a sophomore (who has never played a varsity game) transfer to another Catholic school as a Junior without sitting out? It's a dumb rule.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recent GC kids who left to go to Chaminade became impact players there and ended up recruited to Yale, Harvard, UPenn, Georgetown, Army, Duke, Briown, Fairfield, Villanova and others. If you don't think the GC coach would have preferred to have them on his team you are crazy.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why can't a sophomore (who has never played a varsity game) transfer to another Catholic school as a Junior without sitting out? It's a dumb rule.


He can as long as the school he is transferring to is in the boundaries of the school district in which he lives. For example, a kid who lives in South Huntington and goes to Chaminade can transfer to St. Anthony's without sitting out a year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 111 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4