BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 214 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[/quote]Change schools, if it is bothering you so much, MOVE, but please stop complaining.

No need to move, just tell her to pass the ball when others are open and she is shut down. Then everyone will all get along. Nobody cares that she is going D1 except you but tell her to start acting like a good unselfish teammate and see how happy everyone will be applauding her accomplishments!

Reread your comments and then you can understand why there is such a rift on HS Lax sidelines when you bring that toxic me first club attitude in
[/quote]
Sorry lady, not my kid, my daughter is in 7th grade, but hey, you should really move, or have your daughter quit, because you are really whiny.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes , most be some excuse that your little Susie sits the bench other than she is not very good. The coach, the AD, they want to lose and only care about the booster club bank accounts. STOP BLAMING others for you and your daughters short comings , grab a stick and have a catch with her . The reason those other kids are going D1 and your kid is not is simple ,they are better players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice and humble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll add in that on our high school team, the head coach was giving private lessons to a JV player , was actually photographed giving the lesson on school grounds. Guess who made varsity and was never ever subbed out?
Guess who's mommy also donated everything for the booster club?

And I bet your the stalker who followed the coach around taking the picture. How about using that time getting your daughter's skills better, so she can get some playing time. Sounds like that JV player was putting in the time, while you guys sat around complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are teams even practicing?

yeah good question. they taking it inside to the gym? renting indoor space. global warming huh..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll add in that on our high school team, the head coach was giving private lessons to a JV player , was actually photographed giving the lesson on school grounds. Guess who made varsity and was never ever subbed out?

And I bet your the stalker who followed the coach around taking the picture. How about using that time getting your daughter's skills better, so she can get some playing time. Sounds like that JV player was putting in the time, while you guys sat around complaining.

How about we acknowledge there is truth on both sides. Parents wear goggles and overrate their child's talent. Parents also make political moves on behalf of their child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are all the most arrogant SOB's in all of sport. Just acknowledge their is selfish play in girls lax. Don't tell us our kids suck, they cant keep up or we whine. We actually love the game but dislike people like you ruining it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do some school have very few seniors if any playing? Why do some have to beg kids to play just to roster when every other sport fields teams just fine? You think maybe its the fact that older kids have just had enough after years of PAL and school squads not sharing the ball and watching little Shannon go to goal 8 out of 10 times she touches the ball? Good for Shannon Im sure she will do great in college but while she's here just pass it once in a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about we acknowledge there is truth on both sides. Parents wear goggles and overrate their child's talent. Parents also make political moves on behalf of their child.

You're the loser if you think that isn't unethical.
My daughter was the leading scorer on varsity and leading assists -she didnt need to try and bribe the coach for playing time.
I'm talking about the obviously more talented kids who didnt make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're the loser if you think that isn't unethical.
My daughter was the leading scorer on varsity and leading assists -she didnt need to try and bribe the coach for playing time.
I'm talking about the obviously more talented kids who didnt make the team.

You people realize most of s have no idea what you are babbling about. Are there schools struggling to field lax teams while other team sports are thriving , let's hear what schools .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah good question. they taking it inside to the gym? renting indoor space. global warming huh..

SA has a nice indoor field house with turf field to practice in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SA has a nice indoor field house with turf field to practice in

Congrats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Global warming as has been observed produces higher temperatures on average AND wider swings in temperature resulting in higher highs and lower lows. Don't be stupid you moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do some school have very few seniors if any playing? Why do some have to beg kids to play just to roster when every other sport fields teams just fine? You think maybe its the fact that older kids have just had enough after years of PAL and school squads not sharing the ball and watching little Shannon go to goal 8 out of 10 times she touches the ball? Good for Shannon Im sure she will do great in college but while she's here just pass it once in a while.

Many districts would have stronger programs if they adopted a philosophy from Varsity head coach down through youth coaching. The key is everyone must buy into the philosophy. Start with the girls when they are young and just make it fun for them and encourage them to bring their friends down. If you only have enough kids for one team in a grade play everyone equally and encourage the better girls to help develop the weaker players. If you are fortunate to have enough for two teams in a grade balance them and again play everyone equally. The most important thing for grade school town lacrosse is development not WINS. Keep the girls together as long as you can. Once middle school starts the stronger players will rise to the top and the weaker will stay involved because they had a positive experience playing with the better players (key is they are friends) through youth level. They know who the stronger players are but now are accepting that and either putting in extra work or not it is on them. At the HS level you will then have large numbers staying in the program because they want to be a part of something with their friends. The kids get it, the parents not so much! The towns with strong youth programs that operate this way have large rosters with many talented kids waiting their turn to step on the field some not till their senior year. Many have kids with verbal commitments on JV as 10 graders. To answer your question why so few seniors playing & having to beg girls to field teams I guess if my daughter didn't feel like she had that shot at seeing the field as a 12 grader and not feeling a part of something why would she want to stay around and watch the same kid go to goal and never pass the ball? Its a team game and the program must have a team philosophy from K-12. It works look at some of the towns that have been operating that way & it shows when they are at the LI Championship game or deep into the playoffs year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Global warming as has been observed produces higher temperatures on average AND wider swings in temperature resulting in higher highs and lower lows. Don't be stupid you moron.

oh geez. You gotta be kidding me. Please stop with that nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many districts would have stronger programs if they adopted a philosophy from Varsity head coach down through youth coaching. The key is everyone must buy into the philosophy. Start with the girls when they are young and just make it fun for them and encourage them to bring their friends down. If you only have enough kids for one team in a grade play everyone equally and encourage the better girls to help develop the weaker players. If you are fortunate to have enough for two teams in a grade balance them and again play everyone equally. The most important thing for grade school town lacrosse is development not WINS. Keep the girls together as long as you can. Once middle school starts the stronger players will rise to the top and the weaker will stay involved because they had a positive experience playing with the better players (key is they are friends) through youth level. They know who the stronger players are but now are accepting that and either putting in extra work or not it is on them. At the HS level you will then have large numbers staying in the program because they want to be a part of something with their friends. The kids get it, the parents not so much! The towns with strong youth programs that operate this way have large rosters with many talented kids waiting their turn to step on the field some not till their senior year. Many have kids with verbal commitments on JV as 10 graders. To answer your question why so few seniors playing & having to beg girls to field teams I guess if my daughter didn't feel like she had that shot at seeing the field as a 12 grader and not feeling a part of something why would she want to stay around and watch the same kid go to goal and never pass the ball? Its a team game and the program must have a team philosophy from K-12. It works look at some of the towns that have been operating that way & it shows when they are at the LI Championship game or deep into the playoffs year after year.

I respectfully disagree about how you make up/split teams. Creating to equal teams is what is killing the sport. The only reason to have equal teams is to stroke the egos of the parents.

If you are fortunate enough to have two teams (in a grade) you should practice one or two days as a grade and get a third day (or the second day) with a split team (split by skill) not equal teams. You should play games with a team of the stronger players and as a team with the (dare i say) developing players (understanding they are all still developing).

In this split scenario, you ask for guest players from each team to play on the other team. The bottom half of the best team plays with the developing players and the top have of the developing team plays with the better team. This way the girls learn together and still get challenged. It is a team game but it is a game none the less and in a game you always play to win!

As far as why not so many players play Sr year, there are many reasons, some just loss the love of it, some realize there is more to Sr year for them, some realize the younger girls are better why bother. So dont want to put up with the Bull $hit.

You all know the definition of insanity:
Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result

We also preach the opposite:
Work harder, if at first you don't succeed try try again

Both have applications in sport, some cant or dont have it in them to work harder/do better and realize the definition of insanity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Many districts would have stronger programs if they adopted a philosophy from Varsity head coach down through youth coaching. The key is everyone must buy into the philosophy. Start with the girls when they are young and just make it fun for them and encourage them to bring their friends down. If you only have enough kids for one team in a grade play everyone equally and encourage the better girls to help develop the weaker players. If you are fortunate to have enough for two teams in a grade balance them and again play everyone equally. The most important thing for grade school town lacrosse is development not WINS. Keep the girls together as long as you can. Once middle school starts the stronger players will rise to the top and the weaker will stay involved because they had a positive experience playing with the better players (key is they are friends) through youth level. They know who the stronger players are but now are accepting that and either putting in extra work or not it is on them. At the HS level you will then have large numbers staying in the program because they want to be a part of something with their friends. The kids get it, the parents not so much! The towns with strong youth programs that operate this way have large rosters with many talented kids waiting their turn to step on the field some not till their senior year. Many have kids with verbal commitments on JV as 10 graders. To answer your question why so few seniors playing & having to beg girls to field teams I guess if my daughter didn't feel like she had that shot at seeing the field as a 12 grader and not feeling a part of something why would she want to stay around and watch the same kid go to goal and never pass the ball? Its a team game and the program must have a team philosophy from K-12. It works look at some of the towns that have been operating that way & it shows when they are at the LI Championship game or deep into the playoffs year after year.[/quote]

Great post. The problem is at a very young age (and getting younger every year) some youth coaches and players are " all in" with year round club lacrosse. In our town our program has been hijacked by a few and they never adopted the best practices that you listed above about sharing the ball, playing time and positions. Years later, yes those handful were recruited however the rest of the program is hanging on by a thread. We have been hearing get the ball to Shannon since kindergarten. When 80% of scoring goes through a couple of players over a 7 year stretch how do you think the rest of players are developing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many districts would have stronger programs if they adopted a philosophy from Varsity head coach down through youth coaching. The key is everyone must buy into the philosophy. Start with the girls when they are young and just make it fun for them and encourage them to bring their friends down. If you only have enough kids for one team in a grade play everyone equally and encourage the better girls to help develop the weaker players. If you are fortunate to have enough for two teams in a grade balance them and again play everyone equally. The most important thing for grade school town lacrosse is development not WINS. Keep the girls together as long as you can. Once middle school starts the stronger players will rise to the top and the weaker will stay involved because they had a positive experience playing with the better players (key is they are friends) through youth level. They know who the stronger players are but now are accepting that and either putting in extra work or not it is on them. At the HS level you will then have large numbers staying in the program because they want to be a part of something with their friends. The kids get it, the parents not so much! The towns with strong youth programs that operate this way have large rosters with many talented kids waiting their turn to step on the field some not till their senior year. Many have kids with verbal commitments on JV as 10 graders. To answer your question why so few seniors playing & having to beg girls to field teams I guess if my daughter didn't feel like she had that shot at seeing the field as a 12 grader and not feeling a part of something why would she want to stay around and watch the same kid go to goal and never pass the ball? Its a team game and the program must have a team philosophy from K-12. It works look at some of the towns that have been operating that way & it shows when they are at the LI Championship game or deep into the playoffs year after year.[/quote]

Great post. The problem is at a very young age (and getting younger every year) some youth coaches and players are " all in" with year round club lacrosse. In our town our program has been hijacked by a few and they never adopted the best practices that you listed above about sharing the ball, playing time and positions. Years later, yes those handful were recruited however the rest of the program is hanging on by a thread. We have been hearing get the ball to Shannon since kindergarten. When 80% of scoring goes through a couple of players over a 7 year stretch how do you think the rest of players are developing?
[/quote]

you get the "get he ball to Shannon" when you split team evenly, you dont get that when you have the luxury of two teams and put the best players on one team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

you get the "get he ball to Shannon" when you split team evenly, you dont get that when you have the luxury of two teams and put the best players on one team! [/quote]

Yes, lets have the same philosophy K-12. Everybody plays, there is no difference between the players, wait your turn, seniors first and so on. While we are at it lets do away with AP classes as well. Why don't we have everybody take the same classes and give everyone a "C" in the classroom and stop keeping score during games. Forget about playing club lacrosse that is a waste of money, much better to just play with your friends and pass the ball around. Nobody should go to the goal unless it is her turn. Everybody gets to play and everybody gets to score a goal. Practice should be fun as well. steal the bacon, the name game, pin the tail on the donkey etc..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

you get the "get he ball to Shannon" when you split team evenly, you dont get that when you have the luxury of two teams and put the best players on one team! [/quote]

Sorry if you do not agree but that's how we do it in my town and we are in County finals every year and have 40+ trying out for V & JV every year. It works again like I said before everyone has to buy into the philosophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the object for a few to get recruited or to build a strong overall program? Teams are only as good as the bottom half of their roster. The teams with deep rosters win, the teams with a handful of players don't, but they do usually get their names in the newspaper which makes it all worth while right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

you get the "get he ball to Shannon" when you split team evenly, you dont get that when you have the luxury of two teams and put the best players on one team!

Have you been involved with club lacrosse? Because you absolutely get that. Please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the object for a few to get recruited or to build a strong overall program? Teams are only as good as the bottom half of their roster. The teams with deep rosters win, the teams with a handful of players don't, but they do usually get their names in the newspaper which makes it all worth while right?

Communities with strong youth programs have strong JV & Varsity squads because they have so many kids to choose from. The top players in grades 9-12 are competing for jv and varsity spots and the bottom half of the rosters in these varsity programs are generally very strong players who would be top players on most other teams. They have subs who'd start on most other teams too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry if you do not agree but that's how we do it in my town and we are in County finals every year and have 40+ trying out for V & JV every year. It works again like I said before everyone has to buy into the philosophy.
[/quote]

and what town is that... and is it "even" because of political BS? Could you be better if not equal??

Do you practice as a group with both teams or separately. If separately, imagine what you could do if you had a skill and drill day with the group

and for those that say the go to goal is promoted on a travel team yeah it does but those teams that will flounder. against a well coached team. if you have all the better girls on a town on one team the girls work themselves out on the field. The coach manages the game flow and adjusts in game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

and what town is that... and is it "even" because of political BS? Could you be better if not equal??

Do you practice as a group with both teams or separately. If separately, imagine what you could do if you had a skill and drill day with the group

and for those that say the go to goal is promoted on a travel team yeah it does but those teams that will flounder. against a well coached team. if you have all the better girls on a town on one team the girls work themselves out on the field. The coach manages the game flow and adjusts in game. [/quote]

Yes they practice two days together. WI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In GC it's a win mentality. Town program high jacked, from coordinators to presidents to coaches by dads and moms of the not so good players that play all minutes of every game. Try as they might They haven't been successful infiltrated school ball yet, thank goodness!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that even mean? GC freshman parent venting about the past ... sounds like you feel your kid been wronged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You program building know it all gurus are hilarious . There is no one right way to build a program . Sometimes it just takes several well intentioned patents at the youth level to get kids involved . Sometimes it's a very good varsity coach . Sometimes it's a history of success that just builds on itself. I also find your delusional attitude about what makes a team great comical . In a perfect world all kids on a team would play equal time , score the same amount of goals etc but it's just not realistic . The best college teams have 2-3 girls that do most of the scoring and those kids play a selfish style game .They put their head down and run to goal .Its ugly but effective .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"In GC it's a win mentality. Town program high jacked, from coordinators to presidents to coaches by dads and moms of the not so good players that play all minutes of every game. Try as they might They haven't been successful infiltrated school ball yet, thank goodness!"

To the above poster: Every athlete has a "win mentality" ... not matter what town they live in. Its called competition. If you don't like the youth program in GC, then leave it. Nothing worse than a malcontent, ingrate. If you want to make it better, volunteer. But that would mean you have to give your time to others, other than yourself and your kid, and from the tenor of your post, I doubt you are capable of doing something for anyone other than yourself.

As for school ball... the coaches in GC are paid to put a winning team on the field and they have been pretty successful at that. Thanks to the volunteer Coordinators, Presidents and Coaches of the youth program in GC (you have such disdain for), the GC girls have an affordable, local program which enables them to learn the great game of lacrosse from an early age and, in large part, prepares them to play lax and compete at the highest level, not just in the State but in the Country, when they get to the HS. The girls that put in the extra time and effort will always succeed, in sport... and in life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry but a HS that has a couple of seniors playing every year clearly isn't developing as a program. 5 kids does not make a team and if the next 15 were recruited to play out of the cafeteria I think that's a problem. Our town stays in that mouse wheel going round and round. A few kids get recruited each year at the expenses of the team. We win nothing as a group, but the handful that get recruited love it because their interests were served. It starts with the youth program. US Lax should definitely go to small sided games to get everyone touching the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 4- pequa 3 final

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 4- pequa 3 final

Wow , low scoring game . I will guess the UNC commit did not play .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably a scrimmage,who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The win mentality was in response to a prior post. Having that mentality in grade 3-8 where kids sit on the bench so a few, including coaches kids that aren't very good can play, is not a good thing. Having volunteered, as you suggest, and seen what goes on inside I can tell you it's toxic. You don't know me but I do appreciate your psychoanalysis as it shows your insecurity. To reiterate, since you didn't understand what you read, the controlling parents have NOT been able to infiltrate the HS game, hence their kids sit on the JV bench, yes the JV bench. So in the HS the cream rises, hence the team is a winning one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your useless input ,don't think it was a scrimmage .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a scrimmage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a non league game counts toward overall record

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Non league... and the unc commit did the same as last game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Non league... and the unc commit did the same as last game.

League game or not I would think both teams are trying to win. Why post stuff on here that no one knows what you are babbling about , same as last game , thanks for the info jack a

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UNC commit did not do much

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 214 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 213 214
Quick Reply