BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is totally false every single kid that plays on my son Mohawks team (2023) is from Massapequa. There is not one kid from another town on the team. This past year in Football there was one kid from West Islip on the team, but never in all the years my son has been playing has there been a kid not from Massapequa on the team. Sorry for winning every tournament we played in the last 2 years, sorry i think we lost once in the Championship game. Stop trying to make excuses because our kids ran circles around your son team… Good luck this season...

Easy buddy, Winning town tournaments isn't anything to brag about.

LOL...,That last post made my day!!!

I'm confused why is winning town tournaments any less important than winning club tournaments?? Kids win with their friends not strangers from random towns and Eventually win HS championships together. These are the memories these kids will remember. Not winning a random tournament with some kid named Chad from CSH as your linemate...

Just one guys opinion..

I completely agree with you but when someone puffs out their chest bragging about records and stats he needs to be brought down a notch as the level of play is much different on a club level. If they were playing against a Legacy, 9D1, Igloo or Express the outcome would be very different.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is totally false every single kid that plays on my son Mohawks team (2023) is from Massapequa. There is not one kid from another town on the team. This past year in Football there was one kid from West Islip on the team, but never in all the years my son has been playing has there been a kid not from Massapequa on the team. Sorry for winning every tournament we played in the last 2 years, sorry i think we lost once in the Championship game. Stop trying to make excuses because our kids ran circles around your son team… Good luck this season...

I'm confused why is winning town tournaments any less important than winning club tournaments?? Kids win with their friends not strangers from random towns and Eventually win HS championships together. These are the memories these kids will remember. Not winning a random tournament with some kid named Chad from CSH as your linemate...

Just one guys opinion..

I completely agree with you but when someone puffs out their chest bragging about records and stats he needs to be brought down a notch as the level of play is much different on a club level. If they were playing against a Legacy, 9D1, Igloo or Express the outcome would be very different.

thanks for being the [lacrosse] who decides that he needed to be 'brought down a notch'
you're comparing apples and oranges. you can't say they should be beating club teams....it doesn't work that way. they are a town team, they win town tournaments.
you can't expect town teams to compete against the top level travel programs that recruit from all over LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you bringing Chad from CSH into this. He is a nice kid, and do you know what position his father holds on wall street???? HUGE BSD. And his mom is hot, you'd love to have her on your sidelines...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just one guys opinion..

thanks for being the [lacrosse] who decides that he needed to be 'brought down a notch'
you're comparing apples and oranges. you can't say they should be beating club teams....it doesn't work that way. they are a town team, they win town tournaments.
you can't expect town teams to compete against the top level travel programs that recruit from all over LI.

How would all the "club parents" react if ALL they had was PAL? If their son had to play with boys of all abilities? Oh wait, they will, HS starts soon, and if you're not one of the top programs, well just be prepared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably the best way to develope more players, give kids who need additional time increased quality playing time on the B team and he'll have the last laugh. Not to mention what sounds like some needed parenting lessons, if your son gets discouraged by being on a b team in 6th grade he's never going to make it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK now a real question. When is the PAL schedule coming out? Is it going to be on tourney machine again? Will they keep the records this year? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK now a real question. When is the PAL schedule coming out? Is it going to be on tourney machine again? Will they keep the records this year? Thanks

Keep records for what purpose??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just one guys opinion..

Clearly you are slow. I didn't say they should be beating clubs teams. I simply stated that the result would be different. And it does work that way. Town teams like CSH, RVC, Garden City can beat club teams. If you agree with what the town daddy is saying then you must be jerkoff as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the schedule be released and are they going to use tourney machine again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so Dad can say his sons team is on the bestest pal lacrosse team on long island.... why else?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is totally false every single kid that plays on my son Mohawks team (2023) is from Massapequa. There is not one kid from another town on the team. This past year in Football there was one kid from West Islip on the team, but never in all the years my son has been playing has there been a kid not from Massapequa on the team. Sorry for winning every tournament we played in the last 2 years, sorry i think we lost once in the Championship game. Stop trying to make excuses because our kids ran circles around your son team… Good luck this season...

Just one guys opinion..

Clearly you are slow. I didn't say they should be beating clubs teams. I simply stated that the result would be different. And it does work that way. Town teams like CSH, RVC, Garden City can beat club teams. If you agree with what the town daddy is saying then you must be jerkoff as well.

GC, maybe.... I'll give you Manhassett too.... but CSH & RVC are not beating any decent club team (I'm not even going to imagine what would happen if they go up against top club teams).
CSH & RVC town programs are a nightmare. And since this thread started by bashing Pequa, how have both CSH & RVC done head to head vs Pequa? Yeah, that's what I thought, jerkoff!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC, maybe.... I'll give you Manhassett too.... but CSH & RVC are not beating any decent club team (I'm not even going to imagine what would happen if they go up against top club teams).
CSH & RVC town programs are a nightmare. And since this thread started by bashing Pequa, how have both CSH & RVC done head to head vs Pequa? Yeah, that's what I thought, jerkoff!! [/quote]

CSH and RVC can hold their own against B Club teams. Keep beating your Town drum fella. Low expectations and weak results seem to be your thing...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so Dad can say his sons team is on the bestest pal lacrosse team on long island.... why else?

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CSH & RVC town programs are a nightmare. And since this thread started by bashing Pequa, how have both CSH & RVC done head to head vs Pequa? Yeah, that's what I thought, jerkoff!!

Easy there, i think you are confusing the RVC "town travel team" with PAL. 2 completely separate organizations. Just about everyone plays PAL, not everyone plays the travel team. Each PAL team is pretty good and can hang (this is a PAL thread after all). But they only do PAL games, no tourneys. The travel teams are hit and miss but can compete with some B teams. I for one think Massapequa has a good town program based on results. Can't speak to any behind the scenes stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many town pal teams that are very good. The reason is simple. Kids play travel as well as their town. The best pal teams have more kids playing travel lax. There should be a PAL tournament that reflects the best of the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many town pal teams that are very good. The reason is simple. Kids play travel as well as their town. The best pal teams have more kids playing travel lax. There should be a PAL tournament that reflects the best of the best.

They used to have something at the end of the year. We did it maybe 2-3 years ago. Everyone kind of groaned about it, us included. Between pal and town and travel getting going it was kind of whoever drew the short straw went. You never know at tourneys whether a town is town travel or pal I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town tourneys are s joke these days. Everyone is stacking their teams with 3-5 bonus kids from their kids' travel club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kid lives in said town, how is that "stacking"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bout some schedules PAL..I mean the season Starts in 2 weeks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bout some schedules PAL..I mean the season Starts in 2 weeks

Its a thankless and hard job but yes, where is the schedule?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Home schedule were sent out to organizations 2 weeks ago and sent to coaches last week. Away games should be sent to Orgs this week and coaches next week. If you're a coach and haven't received a schedule I would talk to your board. If your a parent or a kid ask your coach. Schedules will not be posted online other than Horizon but that is just for coaches not the public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why are they not posted on the PAL website?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because a volunteer has to take the time to enter every game manually

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was the last time they posted the full schedules on the PAL site? The last few years, I think they have not posted the schedules - all they posted was a lay out of the weeks in the schedule, IE, what game #s were in what week - game #1 on 4/2 & 3, etc. Why are you somehow expecting them to now post more now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tourney machine was nice. easy access to info such as fields, times, etc. Get with it guys....2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tourney machine was nice. easy access to info such as fields, times, etc. Get with it guys....2017.

Step up and volunteer - tools are great when there is someone to use those tools. Otherwise, a tool alone is useless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thavngr98
Home schedule were sent out to organizations 2 weeks ago and sent to coaches last week. Away games should be sent to Orgs this week and coaches next week. If you're a coach and haven't received a schedule I would talk to your board. If your a parent or a kid ask your coach. Schedules will not be posted online other than Horizon but that is just for coaches not the public.

This makes no sense..... All we are hearing is about how difficult it is to schedule all these games. Why would anyone go thru the trouble of sending only home games to orgs 2 weeks ago...and then to coaches last week. That would be even more difficult than just sending the full schedule.

All you guys looking for schedules now.... just sit and wait. You will get your schedule after it is sent to your PAL director.
Most likely what is going to happen is you will be given your 1st game day/time and receive balance of season schedule after game 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year the schedule was on tourney machine and it was very helpful to everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL makes a lot of money off of lacrosse in Long Island there is no reason why a volunteer should be entering the games into the system. They should be able to pay someone to run the league efficiently with all of the money they make off of the league. PAL is a complete joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL makes a lot of money off of lacrosse in Long Island there is no reason why a volunteer should be entering the games into the system. They should be able to pay someone to run the league efficiently with all of the money they make off of the league. PAL is a complete joke

Are you referring to the Police Activity League? Non profit organization? Go to a club team if you don't like it. Bargain for $3000 a season.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Last year the schedule was on tourney machine and it was very helpful to everyone.

The schedules were not. Just the ratings of teams ie: Red, Blue, Gold, etc...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

This makes no sense..... All we are hearing is about how difficult it is to schedule all these games. Why would anyone go thru the trouble of sending only home games to orgs 2 weeks ago...and then to coaches last week. That would be even more difficult than just sending the full schedule.

All you guys looking for schedules now.... just sit and wait. You will get your schedule after it is sent to your PAL director.
Most likely what is going to happen is you will be given your 1st game day/time and receive balance of season schedule after game 1.

Reading what I posted I see I didn't explain it correctly. PAL gives all Dates to the Home teams. The different Home Orgs then take those dates and schedule all of their teams for times and field use. This gets sent in and approved by PAL. At this point the Home coaches receive the home schedule as well as Away dates but Time and Field are TBD. As others submit their home schedules to PAL they will release the Away times. We have been told dont expect Away times till week of. Which in my team sucks as we are Away week 1.
Sorry and I hope that cleared it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be interested in knowing what league you play for. Sachem North doesn't have a 6th Grade team. There are 2 6th grade teams for Sachem. One with SSC and one with SYAG. And as far as I'm aware(my son plays on one and we have many friends in the other) the kids are all Sachem. So again, what 6th grade team is yours on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was this in reference to. Also to set the record straight Sachem has 3 PAL 6th grade teams this season. 1 from SYAG and 2 from SSC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non for profit doesn't mean people aren't making good money working for the organization. Many "non for profits" pay their employees very well. If you do the math of what it cost PAL to run the Spring lacrosse league you would know there's plenty of money available. Where does all the money go?? It certainly doesn't go back to the boys and girls who play in the league. Don't give me the non for profit bs, I would love to see the books for the Nassau county PAL lacrosse league, I'm sure there's plenty of profit there. All people want is for the league to be run efficiently is that too much to ask.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All kids from Sachem? Haha. Just like the travel team. Go in under Sachem and you have kids from all over. Hysterical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non for profit doesn't mean people aren't making good money working for the organization. Many "non for profits" pay their employees very well. If you do the math of what it cost PAL to run the Spring lacrosse league you would know there's plenty of money available. Where does all the money go?? It certainly doesn't go back to the boys and girls who play in the league. Don't give me the non for profit bs, I would love to see the books for the Nassau county PAL lacrosse league, I'm sure there's plenty of profit there. All people want is for the league to be run efficiently is that too much to ask.

Uninformed, so I will inform, the money goes into the general pool, it is then used to fund everything else. Other sports, referees, field fees, uniforms. You're an angry dude at a NOT FOR PROFIT, who doesn't volunteer, but pitches a fit. Go to club, get what you pay for. Then you can complain, but until then, put a cork in it angry guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you want to see the books, go ahead and file a FOIL request and look them over. PAL is county sponsored so it's pretty simple. Let us all know when you're done going over the books. Guessing that is too much work for you, it's easier to come on BOTC and complain. Typical!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm on the board of my Local Club, this is how it works.

Step 1 Each town submits their teams and levels
Step 2 PAL figures out divisions
Step 3 PAL matches teams up on certain Dates
Step 4 Towns get the schedules, and home town sets up times. - which is why coaches got their home schedules
Step 5 those times get sent to PAL
Step 6 Schedule is verified, changes are made if necessary
Step 7 Schedules approved and posted

Most of the fees you pay to PAL go to your home town league. That covers ref fees, practice field fees (yes we all pay the towns/schools to use their fields), uniforms, training, First Aid Certifications for coaches, and the ultimate reason we coach lacrosse- the free coaches t-shirts!

Hopefully it makes some more sense to you now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's "Not for Profit" . . .

And how how familiar are you with the finances of PAL?

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard