BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do teams like Hopkins and ND compete without a FOGO? Will be their downfall in close games. I also noticed Princeton guy not nearly as dominant when he doesn't get away with the cheating.

Give it a rest. Nobody cares.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should get rid of the face-off. It is the only team sport i can think of that does not give possession to the team scored upon.... Rumor has it, Dr Naismith saw an early Lacrosse game and based basketball on that game, so he had a jump ball after every made basket, it was then changed. Have an opening face-off no need for it after that. There can be a designated spot at GLE where team must re-start game after score (after a whistle start) - with a 10yrd minimum space from team riding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should get rid of the face-off. It is the only team sport i can think of that does not give possession to the team scored upon.... Rumor has it, Dr Naismith saw an early Lacrosse game and based basketball on that game, so he had a jump ball after every made basket, it was then changed. Have an opening face-off no need for it after that. There can be a designated spot at GLE where team must re-start game after score (after a whistle start) - with a 10yrd minimum space from team riding.

Never seen a hockey game I take it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ever see a hockey game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you ever heard of a sport called hockey?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As I said earlier, the last thing lacrosse needs now is to become more boring. Take a look at the ESPN app, they don't even have the sport listed, they have WWE, FAKE wrestling listed, but no lacrosse. The sport needs everything it can to stay relevant to TV or it is going to become a sport in trouble at the NCAA level. The faceoff is exciting, it can be violent and fast, what people want to see. Notice how football doesn't get rid of the kickoff, it is the most dangerous part of the sport, but it's exciting and people want to see it. Sorry if that hurts, but it's true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This seems very obvious to me. Do face offs at the start of the each quarter. That would be 4 face offs per game. Still important.. But not a game changer...
also-- The goalie still has to clear!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As I said earlier, the last thing lacrosse needs now is to become more boring. Take a look at the ESPN app, they don't even have the sport listed, they have WWE, FAKE wrestling listed, but no lacrosse. The sport needs everything it can to stay relevant to TV or it is going to become a sport in trouble at the NCAA level. The faceoff is exciting, it can be violent and fast, what people want to see. Notice how football doesn't get rid of the kickoff, it is the most dangerous part of the sport, but it's exciting and people want to see it. Sorry if that hurts, but it's true.

All sports are going thru this phase where people are trying to change the game.... kickoff in football, speed up rules in baseball, etc.... for large part, all of these rules fall into 2 buckets -- safety concerns or pace of play/speed up the game.
Lacrosse remains one of the quickest games out there, both in total time and in pace of play. The faceoff is not slowing down the game. Goal is scored and within 30 seconds (my guess, I'm not clocking it), everyone is set for next faceoff.
Now if you show me data around the overwhelming # of injuries resulting from the faceoff, then this could be considered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SMH
<face palm>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true. Some of you may remember that the face off was eliminated for a short time back in the 80's. It was a disaster and brought back immediately. I'ts not going anywhere.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson OHIO st. at noon? then Rutgers Princeton later today good games lets see who comes out on top today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do teams like Hopkins and ND compete without a FOGO? Will be their downfall in close games. I also noticed Princeton guy not nearly as dominant when he doesn't get away with the cheating.

I think Hopkins and ND care. A lot. May cost them the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cares about the Princeton FOGO, but the same troll keeps bringing it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's their best midfielder, not just a FOGO.

(It's also ridiculous that he's being singled out here. Every single faceoff guy cheats -- the only thing that varies is the degree.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's their best midfielder, not just a FOGO.

(It's also ridiculous that he's being singled out here. Every single faceoff guy cheats -- the only thing that varies is the degree.)

He should be called out, he grabbed the ball with his hand. No respect for the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loved seeing MD lose to Nova, MD totally outplayed! Nice upset on BU too. Not May undefeated left. Fun season to watch, anyone's game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loved seeing MD lose to Nova, MD totally outplayed! Nice upset on BU too. Not May undefeated left. Fun season to watch, anyone's game!

Great games today! Cuse over Hopkins, Nova over MD. . .can UVA beat ND? Can't wait for conference play to start. To me, B10 is the most interesting story this season. Will PSU be the Cinderella story of the season? That offense is killer, Arceri is awesome. Defense needs work. . .how's Tambroni's recruits looking? Could they become a dominate and consistent power? They're schedule has definitely been on the lighter side so there's that, but they beat Nova pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND looks like they could take it all this year. MD, Virginia, Hopkins with all their "stars" can't get the job done. I think OSU could beat Denver today, will be an interesting game, as OSU has had an easy schedule, but came out strong against Towson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND looks like they could take it all this year. MD, Virginia, Hopkins with all their "stars" can't get the job done. I think OSU could beat Denver today, will be an interesting game, as OSU has had an easy schedule, but came out strong against Towson

Denver smokes OSU. Watch out for Penn State and Rutgers...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you mean by BU being upset. Only 2 of their opponents have winning records. Similarly Penn State. Could the Harvard game give some levity to BU. Doubt it although a loss may remove them from any current talks, I don't think it should. BU vs Harvard, although not hockey, has got to mean more to the players.

Hofstra has the benefit of some home games ( Hofstra at St. John's and Stony Brook not much of away games)

Rutgers PennState now they have a blue blood slate left on their schedule. Seamingly against like (conference) opponents. Rutgers has a good home adv, except against Rutgers. Penn State goes to Charles and College park.Imagine if either had a Syracuse mixed in.

Publicly I doubt any undefeated will be in the top 3 at the end but that is why I am behind a keyboard and they are playing. Me I like the ACC. Why, just my heart, which tells me maybe I'm wrong

Privately I am routing for Penn States year. I remember that Aponte kid when he was in HS a youngster maybe sophomore playing with the big boys.

Enjoy the ride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you mean by BU being upset. Only 2 of their opponents have winning records. Similarly Penn State. Could the Harvard game give some levity to BU. Doubt it although a loss may remove them from any current talks, I don't think it should. BU vs Harvard, although not hockey, has got to mean more to the players.

Hofstra has the benefit of some home games ( Hofstra at St. John's and Stony Brook not much of away games)

Rutgers PennState now they have a blue blood slate left on their schedule. Seamingly against like (conference) opponents. Rutgers has a good home adv, except against Rutgers. Penn State goes to Charles and College park.Imagine if either had a Syracuse mixed in.

Publicly I doubt any undefeated will be in the top 3 at the end but that is why I am behind a keyboard and they are playing. Me I like the ACC. Why, just my heart, which tells me maybe I'm wrong

Privately I am routing for Penn States year. I remember that Aponte kid when he was in HS a youngster maybe sophomore playing with the big boys.

Enjoy the ride

Perhaps you missed Hofstra's win AT UNC, you know, the defending National Champs??? Can't get much more of ROAD game in that one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the ride

Perhaps you missed Hofstra's win AT UNC, you know, the defending National Champs??? Can't get much more of ROAD game in that one.

What the what, OHIO St. Up 11 with 9 mins left

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OSU dominated tonight, a home field fluke? We'll see if they're for real next weekend against ND

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Denver smokes OSU. Watch out for Penn State and Rutgers

I think you meant the Denver gets smoked by OSU!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Denver smokes OSU. Watch out for Penn State and Rutgers...

You have any advice for the ponies?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How ridiculous watching the OSU game at there football stadium on ESPN and 200 people there watching it. That goes back to scholarships and people think everyone gets "Free Ride" or half . No such thing , brings no money in. 50 man roster with 12 scholarships you do the math.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How ridiculous watching the OSU game at there football stadium on ESPN and 200 people there watching it. That goes back to scholarships and people think everyone gets "Free Ride" or half . No such thing , brings no money in. 50 man roster with 12 scholarships you do the math.

That's because it's Ohio, nobody cares about lax there and it's too far for parents/ friends to get there. Hot bed schools have thousands in stands. Oh, and a handful of players get the bulk of the money, fact. And another myth debunked again this weekend, plenty of very small players out there getting the job done. My favorite was the 5'4. 140 pound kid from Nova. What a firecracker!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because it's Ohio, nobody cares about lax there and it's too far for parents/ friends to get there. Hot bed schools have thousands in stands. Oh, and a handful of players get the bulk of the money, fact. And another myth debunked again this weekend, plenty of very small players out there getting the job done. My favorite was the 5'4. 140 pound kid from Nova. What a firecracker!

Okay, I'll bite, what's attendance been at Hofstra this year? Thousands?? Try hundreds. Long Island is THE lacrosse hot bed and Hofstra is ranked and the stands still sit empty. And for every firecracker there's 5 guys with the size and speed of an NFL linebacker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, I'll bite, what's attendance been at Hofstra this year? Thousands?? Try hundreds. Long Island is THE lacrosse hot bed and Hofstra is ranked and the stands still sit empty. And for every firecracker there's 5 guys with the size and speed of an NFL linebacker.

Even with Hofstra off to a great start, they are team nobody cares about. MD is the hotbed. Should be a good battle today though, only because I'm from LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was @ a Duke - NC lax game a few years ago, and there were maybe a 100 spectators there - no one goes to watch college lacrosse except friends and family. It's a shame because it is a great g ame, but it is what it is. So, the Ohio venue had little to no bearing on how many people were there watching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched the Hopkins game and there were probably 2500-3000 people in attendance in a lacrosse only stadium.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was @ a Duke - NC lax game a few years ago, and there were maybe a 100 spectators there - no one goes to watch college lacrosse except friends and family. It's a shame because it is a great g ame, but it is what it is. So, the Ohio venue had little to no bearing on how many people were there watching.

Agree.... attendance is low at many schools for lacrosse, MD or LI.
That Hopkins/Syracuse game didn't seem to be very well attended either so spare me the MD hotbed BS.

Weather plays a factor here..... I was all ready to get to the Hofstra game this weekend, but to bring my 2 sons with me to this past weekends game (in the cold, raw, rainy conditions) would be insane.

Let's look at attendance during conference play as weather should be nicer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2/18 vs Monmouth - 1,347
2/28 vs NJIT (rain) - 405
3/14 vs Cleveland St (snow) - cancelled
3/18 vs Providence (rain) - 803

Let's see what this weeks games bring.... tonight vs Stony Brook & Saturday night vs St Johns. Both days call for good weather and provide local matchups.
I would expect 1,000 or more tonight and 1,500+ for Saturday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is a shame and these young men put as much time in as any NCAA football , basketball player since they were young. Also a shame the money parents put in since the kid been 6,7 years old playing PAL , Club , private classes , goalie trainging , FOGO trainging could be in the thousands a year and times that 12,13 years doing it growing up and in the end of college really no future after.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. ND with no FOGO will be an interesting matchup versus the #4 Buckeyes. ESPN needs to rethink their current schedule and add this one this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. ND with no FOGO will be an interesting matchup versus the #4 Buckeyes. ESPN needs to rethink their current schedule and add this one this weekend.

No sold on Ohio State.... I think ND takes this one and drops OSU back to the middle of the pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
weather has a lot to do with the attendance numbers. As well does the start of the HS season. I would have loved to go see a few Hofstra games or that 'Cuse at St John's game the past few weeks but the weather and rest (after HS scrimmages and practice) got the better of my son and his friends. As the season progresses and the weather warms up im sure the numbers will increase.

Albany Princeton and a possible AE title game in Binghamton are all home games for Stony Brook those games will have good attendence numbers. Stony Brook and Hofstra have an opposite home and away schedule, so you are battling between seeing one or the other.

St John has Yale and Denver at home. i would suspect those games with have some good numbers attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESPN puts the schools with the largest fan following on, think the network suits care about a FOGO? ND and OSU have alumni, alumni watch commercials, commercials pay networks. ND lack of a FOGO, no one cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESPN puts the schools with the largest fan following on, think the network suits care about a FOGO? ND and OSU have alumni, alumni watch commercials, commercials pay networks. ND lack of a FOGO, no one cares.

My point had to with the matchup between #2 and #4. Yes, I think OSU and ND have pretty large fan bases....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2/18 vs Monmouth - 1,347
2/28 vs NJIT (rain) - 405
3/14 vs Cleveland St (snow) - cancelled
3/18 vs Providence (rain) - 803

Let's see what this weeks games bring.... tonight vs Stony Brook & Saturday night vs St Johns. Both days call for good weather and provide local matchups.
I would expect 1,000 or more tonight and 1,500+ for Saturday

I'm thinking closer to 2000 tonight

Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard