BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2019/2020 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Losing to 91 must of killed you since you don't support any tournaments from 91. . Most of the wins were against b teams anyway. When u played the real teams you lost or you called it an exhibition game. Stop kidding yourself most of the the team is three village players and your best player from hills sat the bench for the other kids. That is why you lost.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the tournaments you entered were garbage beside trilax which you lost. The others were not real tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hope the 2019 express team got better this year becuase last year they stunk. What did they win one tournament. Very easy to improve when you were not good the year before...Right?

Now if you're not from 91 2019 Orange or STEPS 2018 you have no idea what your talking about, those boys were a very talented unselfish team.

Sure, Express 2019 Orange played two bad games last summer. The finals @ tristate and a game verses 2018 STEPS. As they may have never reached their full potential (and yes the philosophy did not include set plays to maximize certain skill sets ), but (Outside of the 2 games noted above) they never "STUNK" .

Lets see what this year brings, lots of new helmets along with a new name, but make no mistake there will never be another Express 2019 Orange like last year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Losing to 91 must of killed you since you don't support any tournaments from 91. . Most of the wins were against b teams anyway. When u played the real teams you lost or you called it an exhibition game. Stop kidding yourself most of the the team is three village players and your best player from hills sat the bench for the other kids. That is why you lost.

think what you want but:

I am quite sure the teams in summer sizzle and patriot games qualify as better than "B".

As far as Losses:
I doubt any team (2018 or 2019) on LI would have run with 2018 Steps on that day.

Did any 2019 team play 2018 Laxachusettes? Sure it was an exhibition scrimmage, after an exhibition against 2019 Laxachusettes where Express won with class.

The 91 game, yep they man handled us early, it happens, but we will meet again.

Those 3v players (3 of 5) are the tops in their positions in 2019 regardless the team they are on or the helmets they wear. (1D 1M 1A)

I dont remember any top player sitting the bench in a game we lost, instead I recall not resting those players enough or playing them out of position!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 which is a team I respect (and the series is even at 1 & 1). Other than 91 name a team that the 2019 team lost to. There were no exhibition games. The team doesn't go out of its way to avoid 91 supported tournaments. The kids play where they are told to play. Take it up with the directors. Also 5 players from one town on a team of 22 is not most. Get a clue and stop hating. What is your gripe with the team anyway?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know where you got your info from but it is incorrect. There werev5 out of 22 three vill kids last year. The hills kid never sat the bench for anyone. He is the best player on the island at his age group. And no I'm not his Father.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw better defenseman at the tryouts and they are not on our team so when they say they kept the core group together I hope that it works this season. I hope the favors to keep these kids together pays off for the summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw better defenseman at the tryouts and they are not on our team so when they say they kept the core group together I hope that it works this season. I hope the favors to keep these kids together pays off for the summer

Open your eyes, going in they were looking for poles, if you are so close you know 2 didnt return to tryout from last year and 2 of the poles that did return are the best at the grade (one of them maybe considered a LSM). But the most important of all and core to the returning defense are the two goalies.

Truth be told, those who did not return be it by choice or not will be missed. but if favors were granted the players who received the benefit are very good players. So I am not sure if that qualifies as a "Favor".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they won't replace the defenseman with better ones. Because where will the coaches son play? Just saying sometimes even if your a coach and your son is on the team you may have to face the truth and move on to another team or realize that your son is on the team because of who you know. I am sure the other parents who are paying 2400 would rather have a different defenseman on that team then the coaches kid. Hope it doesn't hurt you that much you can only hide a kid for so long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gentlemen and Ladies it is September and everyone is getting all worked up. I think its a bit of a stretch stating that The Express 2019 team was lousy. Yes I would say that we ( yes my son plays on the team) would have liked to have won the two finals that we lost but it didn't happen. That being said we are looking forward to another summer season. We have added eight new players so it should be fun to watch. Jimmy M who is a super guy and I have a great deal of respect for did a great job shutting off the kid from the hills in the finals. I wish those involved would check their ego's at the door and let 91 and Express meet more than once a year. This would benefit the most important people........Our son's. Best of luck to all this season. No hate here just enjoy watching the game played at the highest level no matter what uniform you wear

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very well said. I'm not sure why all the anger towards 11yr olds. If your son didn't make the team this year or was unfortunately cut from last year's team, there are plently of other great programs to join on Long Island. Saying a group of 10yr olds "stunk" or attacking coaches who by all accounts are very fair and positive is not very constructive. If your definition of success is how many tournament medals 6th grade boys collect during the summer, you have a lot to learn about youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more. Parents need to simmer down. It is a long way to go before college recruiting. Relax or you might burn yourselves out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like Facebook, I wish there was a like button on here. Sometimes you can't add more value to a statement and just want to whole heartedly agree. If your we're ever a part of this team you would agree too.

Good luck to you guys & all 2019. The better the grade becomes the better all of the players become.

Mr. Wolf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr Wolf like my email said you are a class act. Thanks again My Best Ticket man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok 2019 who is or where are NY ALL Grey???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok 2019 who is or where are NY ALL Grey???

a 91 post states a bunch who used to be Gladiators mixed with some huntington boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, they are not the best long poles in the grade - very good players but your statement is an over-reach. D was not their problem last year anyway, O was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough to say who is "tops" at any position at this age, dont get carried away. Why are you letting this 91 kid get your goat anyway? Its so obvious. BTW, be careful about saying which players from one town were better than others from the same. A lot of people read these posts and it is wrong to single out 11 year olds on a forum. I'm sure the other two 3V parents would argue with your evaluation since most Express parents from last year's team reading this forum know which team the other long pole is now playing for. Not an easy team to make for a kid who is not "tops" as you say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Those 3v players (3 of 5) are the tops in their positions in 2019 regardless the team they are on or the helmets they wear. (1D 1M 1A)"

Really? They are 11 and 12 year olds. Did you see every kid at this age group play to make a far-flung statement like this? Kind of throwing the other two kids under the bus too..eh? Nice, and you are probably a coach or a friend - or both. I hope the kids dont read this stuff. I guess these kids were cut this year right? Ignoramus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pretty funny who ever you are so one of the boys you offend is a coaches kid. One of the kids who left made a very good orange team along with another very strong 3v kid . dont forget the 2 new 3V kids on the team both very strong players as well . And yes they are 11 years old wait until they Hit puberty it all changes . print this, store it away and ask yourself the same quesrtion in 3-4 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, and that is my point. The original post was rediculous and anyone with sense knows that any Express Orange team is not lousy, didn't play B teams, as a matter of fact they played more up than at their level; and only 5 kids were from the same town. The "3 out of 5" counter point was a backhanded insult to certain kids for dubious reasons. The point could have easily been made by simply saying "only 5 of 22 kids were from the same town and all deserved to be on the team last year as do all of the kids from that same town this year". Thats it. C'mon, you are debating with a kid for Pete's sake and insulting individual kids from your own team (yes including one of the coaches' sons) in the process! The worst of it is that I strongly suspect the post was submitted by someone who is more than just a parent - if you get my drift. Who else would have a ready-made post season analysis like that one other than a coach or a seriously disturbed parent? Look, lets not start calling out individual kids until they can shave at least, ok? Lets not anoint certain kids as underarmour all-americans yet. Like you said, there are a lot of miles between today and the point when you can strut around town saying "My kid just made a verbal commitment to...." Slow your roll and just enjoy the fact that your kid is healthy and can play at this level -for now. Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As you noted it was rediculous to respond, yet you responded, and so am I, although I too think it rediculous. So lets stop the bull, first off regardless if A B C everybody has a post season analysis. Crazied parent, level headed parent, player, rival or coach. As well, anyone who is playing on these top teams, as the top players, has aspirations of continueing to be the tops (god willing).

I am quite sure the comment made about the players was not a back handed slap to anyone. Just making the point 3V has very good players. Those who were involved, played against, as well as, the coaches know they were all a valuable part of the team.

However, I see no wrong pointing out a few players as a positive. Give Kudos to those players and not just everybody.
Unfortunately on this site when you make note of a posotive it is taken as a bullseye (especially when it is a counter point. Side bar: notice how noone has said they wernt. Instead everyone felt a need to say stop insulting the others.) As far as insulting a coach's son, HOW, they are both probably thinking they were talking about their son. Stop it, it was a joke, they are level headed guys who probably dont care. By the way, in no way was it mentioned that one was tops and one was bottoms. NO, It was just highlighting those 3. So stop stirring the pot.

(as far as the other player who moved on, he moved on no need to mention him, outside of he is a great kid with a great family who looked for something different).

I read it over and over I am quite sure I will get blasted for this but there were no mal feelings intended. Except maybe to the person who they were responding to. There are plenty other posts to throw daggers at, not that one!!!

Now try playing 4 games against each other (1 fall, 1 spring, 2 summer) until that happens both teams are second best.

(oh, by the way, being second best is ok, it is not always about being #1)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, Im saying it - they weren't. Except maybe the middie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Havoc Dune Dawgs 2019?

How do they rate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dawgs are a great team - no question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, this is it for me and then I am done. You can rip me apart in perpetuity for all I care but I suggest you follow my lead and walk away. Drop this thing like a leaky bag of doggy-doo before other people figure out what I already know, and you compromise your "situation". Don't worry I won't "out" you, but just think twice next time before you get on here and give your subjective "buddy evaluations" for everyone to see. I know its hard but try to resist next time. If you know you put a target on a kids back when you single them out with compliments why did you do it? What do you think it does when you insult them; even by omission, in this case? Fully disclose who and what you are like the others in your "situation" next time you want to rate kids -or - just refrain altogether, which is my advice. You are a good guy and I wouldnt want to see you get hurt. I on the other hand, am not singling out and commenting on the talent level of individual kids, teams, organizations or coaches. Don't come on here buddy-bragging because you expose the kids to remarks they shouldn't be exposed to at 11 and remember, no one but you said they were, either). And no matter how cute you tried to get with your post yesterday afternoon, if people knew who made your "Top Player and best players at that age group" selection and who was saying it, they would be a little ticked-off and you and I know why. The others reading this dont get it but we do, don't we? And you and I both know why that was wrong to do (on multiple levels).
Parting remark - until certain players are TRUELY, OBJECTIVELY AND INDEPENDENTLY evaluated and placed, don't lecture me on how its ok to be #2!
P.S. Don't know where you are going with the two teams playing each other 4 times a year thing but you were responding to multiple posts so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm done here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 DUNE DAWGS are the #1 team at their age group!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to say 91 Orange is tops in that grade. 28-0 last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 DUNE DAWGS are the #1 team at their age group!

Says who? Have they played 91 or Express? Or are they avoiding them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Top 5

1- 91
2- Dune Dogs
3- Express
4- True Blue
5- Who Knows ??? I will give it to the Outlaws ( would have been Gladiators but they are no more )

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Havoc Dune Dawgs beat 91 twice last year in StonyBrook!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't order of team is correct!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
91 was 28-0 after they played a tough game against the dune dawgs in the championship game at stony brook last year....

Hopefully we all will play one another this year. Please understand that the DD's avoid no one......

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Based upon last year I have to say your number 1&2 should switch. I've heard though that 91 has brought in some nice pieces this year. It should interesting and fun to watch it play out. As a poster said a few post back, it only helps all of our kids if the level across the board rises. Good luck to you all for the fall, and hopefully we can all be at just one tournament together next year.....

2019 Top 5

1- 91
2- Dune Dogs
3- Express
4- True Blue
5- Who Knows ??? I will give it to the Outlaws ( would have been Gladiators but they are no more )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even better how about all of these teams agree to play 2-3 times in 2013 early ,mid and late summer run it is a round robin tournament 1 day teams are pulled out of a hat as to draw all teams pay in and hire refs. And play some great lacrosse hear on long island and then afterwards when it's warm have a barbecue starting playing nicely in the sand box . No program makes any money off it and the kids get to play maybe even raise money for a good cause. All a novel idea. So who's. The program to say yes. I'm sure you can come up with some dates that work for all .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
91 was 28-0 after they played a tough game against the dune dawgs in the championship game at stony brook last year....

Hopefully we all will play one another this year. Please understand that the DD's avoid no one......

Hard to say who is better there were two kids who played for both organizations so who says where they play. My guess is express is the dark horse but they have the better goalie play and 91 may get caught up to because everyone is gunning for them. 3 coaches with 3 kids = a whole lot of politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 Gladiators are now the NY All Greys - Minus 2 or 3 kids and minus the parent coaches...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there were 3 kids (not 2) that played for both 91 and Dune Dogs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. Between those LI teams , there's probably some of the best players on the East Coast. Why travel to MD and Conn to play their teams every weekend. There should be a LI tournament where the top travel teams must play in. Keep it here let the kids have fun vs the best. Half the boys on these different teams are friends already , whether it be town friends, some play against each other in other sports. They get along with each other. It's the parents who are the "haters". Let's grow up. This goes for the directors of these teams as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPORTSMANSHIP! Sportsmanship! Sportsmanship! If the parents have it, the kids will too. The kids SHOULD all be friendly. They all enjoy the game, they all work hard at it, and without the helmets, they are all the same, just a bunch of young boys having fun.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard