BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 214 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it BBP girls varsity has self destructed with a large number (10+) of girls leaving the team. Any truth to this?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the girls got contacted by this trouble making brat today. Word of advice parents, have your kids cease all communications immediately with this girl. Kid is trying to sabotage any and everyone.

Your a loser whimp.

She may be a brat but she will be scoring on a varsity team unlike those other freshmen who were not good enough to make the cut.

Yeah she must be so proud scoring on a mediocre crappy team now as she's no longer at Saint Anthony's... Since she is the self-proclaimed lax queen, Massapequa should definitely make an appearance at states this year. (inserts sarcasm). Such a terrible kid and worse teammate. Good luck to all the Pequa and YJ teammates having to play with this problem child this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a moderator on this site?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

Yes, there is and he does not react or take instructions or orders from anyone who is anonymous. I gather you have an issue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No not true, they only lost 2 starters from last year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People definitely passed on UNC because of her. Fact

People like that seem pretty mentally weak...being that soft, they wouldn't have seen the field anyway.

Every player has a top 5 list of schools. Comparing schools and lacrosse programs to one another is tough with many variables to consider. Coaches and the other players on team is huge in choosing a school. Your daughter is going to be spending a large portion of her life for the next four years closely involved with these people. If a known nightmare has committed to a school of interest, you better bet it is a huge negative for the rest of the recruits yet to decide. My daughter crossed a school off her list the day she found out a certain player committed there. Can't blame her one bit. Certain coaches have reputations for making players miserable, players would be well advised to cross these schools off their lists as well. Every freshman walks onto a team with many unknowns, you hope for the best, but if your daughter can eliminate getting stuck with someone who is going to make the four years unbearable, that is a great choice.

Unless the lacrosse team is the only reason you're attending a school that sounds crazy to me, you're going to pass on the school that you academically wanted and may not have been admitted to if not for a lacrosse stick in your hand because you think that you might not get along with somebody? Are you going to pass on the job of your dreams as well if everyone there is not to your liking? Isn't the end game to get into a great school (hopefully at a reduced cost) get an education and transition into the real world?

Your reply indicates a complete lack of knowledge as to recruiting and playing college lax. First if a player is being recruited by a top tier lax school , UNC in this case , they most certainly are being recruited by other schools and thus have options . Second a teammate who you feel may make life on the field and off the field difficult should have an impact on your decision . You will spend the majority of your time with your teammates especially ones in your graduation year . While your decision should not be solely based on that it certainly should be part of the equation .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This poster is correct. Kids with offers from Top 5 schools can get comparable offers from just about anywhere and kids will factor team-mates and coaches into their decision making process (along with academics). That is a fact!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No not true, they only lost 2 starters from last year.

That means nothing when the team was 2-14...all that means is team had bad young players, and they are coming back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Yes, there is and he does not react or take instructions or orders from anyone who is anonymous. I gather you have an issue?

I'm not the original poster asking the question, but it does seem to have gotten very personal against a specific young lady. I don't know her but from all the clear clues given out it is pretty simple to identify her, the posters might as well just name her. People should refrain from identifying a 14 year old, don't you think? Kind of uncalled for.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

I'm not the original poster asking the question, but it does seem to have gotten very personal against a specific young lady. I don't know her but from all the clear clues given out it is pretty simple to identify her, the posters might as well just name her. People should refrain from identifying a 14 year old, don't you think? Kind of uncalled for.

The girl isn't the issue...her father is..a bit off the walls....and beating on the moderator is deflecting from the multiple sources that have made posts in this thread regarding this player. What I get is that this player is of high quality, so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is? Do not look at BOTC, but look at those that are posting, and I would be interested in hearing about the father....I'm sure he is at the root of the posts....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This poster is correct. Kids with offers from Top 5 schools can get comparable offers from just about anywhere and kids will factor team-mates and coaches into their decision making process (along with academics). That is a fact!

You are not going to know the majority of the kids until you get there, what happens then? You leave and go to your second choice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girl isn't the issue...her father is..a bit off the walls....and beating on the moderator is deflecting from the multiple sources that have made posts in this thread regarding this player. What I get is that this player is of high quality, so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is? Do not look at BOTC, but look at those that are posting, and I would be interested in hearing about the father....I'm sure he is at the root of the posts....

Jealousy is at the root of most of the vitriol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's he jealous of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are not going to know the majority of the kids until you get there, what happens then? You leave and go to your second choice?

While that's not completely true with today's social media most people would rather take a chance with the unknown than pick to go with a kid that is known to be a horrible teammate .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dads that love and motivate their daughters get them to where they are. Ask any top girl!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish this forum would stick to the teams and games. As to poster who made fun of pequa and states, they actual be be a very good team and along with syosset and Port will have a decent shot at beating any Suffolk A team to advance there so before you denigrate a team full of hs girls without any knowledge. Learn the facts. If you are mad at a dad say so, if you are mad at a freshman girl, keep it to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it BBP girls varsity has self destructed with a large number (10+) of girls leaving the team. Any truth to this?

What happened

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP stil intact, only girls who left where girls who did not want to play lax anymore no-one that important, all the true layers are still there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP stil intact, only girls who left where girls who did not want to play lax anymore no-one that important, all the true layers are still there

Wow! "No-one important"? That is so rude! I hope no one important needs to be relieved for any reason and there is no one there to fill in! Your daughter is probably friends with some of the girls that left! Shame on you talking about our girls like that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! "No-one important"? That is so rude! I hope no one important needs to be relieved for any reason and there is no one there to fill in! Your daughter is probably friends with some of the girls that left! Shame on you talking about our girls like that!

Agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this forum about people fighting with each other or can we talk some Lax, season supposed to start, obviously weather will delay it, but lets get back to lacrosse and leave all the attacks on each other alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

Anyone who quit the team did so because they knew they would sit the bench, face it. Now the girls who can actually play will not have whining to deal with!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

They left , they were not asked to leave .Would you feel better if they said no key players left . Sorry honesty hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All that needs to be said is "two players left." Over and done. No commentary, no innuendo, just a stated fact. The fact that everyone feels the need to defend the indefensible is, um, indefensible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened

Left after the first week of the season? Something happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can leave wb out of any conversation. Barely fielding a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened

Left after the first week of the season? Something happened.

Maybe, or maybe they just realized that they were not into playing a sport. Maybe they chose to take driver's ed instead since that is a conflict. Maybe they got jobs and valued that more. I'm not saying there isn't drama but you can't just assume there is either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of hs's in the same boat. If you don't play club you don't see the field or the ball so some good athletes quit. We have two teams of 15 all as a walk on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What conversation would they be in in the first place? They aren't good. Last year was a fluke. No more superstars to run their offense around. Coach allows TG director to run the team like he runs his crappy travel program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

They left , they were not asked to leave .Would you feel better if they said no key players left . Sorry honesty hurts.

I'll make sure I watch the games alone so I know I am not sharing the lines with such perfect individual. I feel bad for your daughter, hope she doesn't have your lovely attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next time you go to a game, watch the warm up. See which kids are dropping the ball, making bad passes and having trouble with ground balls. These are the weakest kids on the team and will be sitting the bench. Has nothing to do with travel and everything to do with ability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next time you go to a game, watch the warm up. See which kids are dropping the ball, making bad passes and having trouble with ground balls. These are the weakest kids on the team and will be sitting the bench. Has nothing to do with travel and everything to do with ability.

In a world of rainbows unicorns and teams without booster clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And outright donors. And when the HS coach is not a club coach. When the coach doesn't have a relative on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And outright donors. And when the HS coach is not a club coach. When the coach doesn't have a relative on the team.

Let me guess. Your daughter is one of the best on the team but she sits the bench because she has no connections. Wake up!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess. Your daughter is one of the best on the team but she sits the bench because she has no connections. Wake up!!

Not even close. Perhaps...you run the booster club? Or bought team gear for the whole team? Team parent who shows up with munchkins after every game, hoping to earn points? See how it goes both ways with the anonymous snark?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do us a favor mom since the prototypical club player only listens to their parents who are always telling them to get theirs. Just tell your daughter to pass the ball when other kids are open. It makes for a better game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are teams even practicing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do us a favor mom since the prototypical club player only listens to their parents who are always telling them to get theirs. Just tell your daughter to pass the ball when other kids are open. It makes for a better game.

Change schools, if it is bothering you so much, MOVE, but please stop complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll add in that on our high school team, the head coach was giving private lessons to a JV player , was actually photographed giving the lesson on school grounds. Guess who made varsity and was never ever subbed out?
Guess who's mommy also donated everything for the booster club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Change schools, if it is bothering you so much, MOVE, but please stop complaining.[/quote]

No need to move, just tell her to pass the ball when others are open and she is shut down. Then everyone will all get along. Nobody cares that she is going D1 except you but tell her to start acting like a good unselfish teammate and see how happy everyone will be applauding her accomplishments!

Reread your comments and then you can understand why there is such a rift on HS Lax sidelines when you bring that toxic me first club attitude in

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 214 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard